Waterloo Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any updates for anyone? :/
my casper scores are still not uploaded onto quest so i think that's delaying the invites :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
We are contacted during the week of Nov 30th according to the Optometry Instructions 2019 guide.
From what it seems like they say that every year but for the past few years people were notified November 21st - I think at this point the CASPer delay is the most likely explanation :p

Reactions: 3 users
The important dates section says that we'll know by December 1st if that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied last year, and usually the last date is when they send out rejections :(
Last year, they sent out rejections on Nov 30, so Im assuming the 1st is the same for this year

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone has an update? I still did not see an update on my casper score :(

to people who took casper on any date before oct 14, do you see that your scores have been received?

Members don't see this ad :)
to people who took casper on any date before oct 14, do you see that your scores have been received?

I took mine on September 16th, and my scores were also received on the 12th of October too.

Looks like we’re all in the same boat here so nothing to worry about at least :’)

EDIT: i should add that I took my CASPER super early in August so it seems like everyone’s affected by it?

I keep nervously checking my email to see if I've gotten any news !!

Whats happening :((((((( I guess we all find out tomorrow or something?

I know that some CasPer scores aren't in yet so maybe they are waiting until they are? Also the deadline for reference letters is Fri, Nov 30th so they might send out emails next week.

Late to the party, but got an interview! So excited, good luck to everyone!

Congrats everyone! Does anyone has more info about the interview? Is the interview just 10 mins long? and the discussion table does not count right?

Congrats everyone! Does anyone has more info about the interview? Is the interview just 10 mins long? and the discussion table does not count right?

yah the email said it's just 10 min, and they said the discussion table is informal so i would assume that there would not be any evaluating then

Got one too yesterday! congrats to everyone who also did, Excited for Jan 12 !!

Did anyone get an email if they wrote their casper on oct 14 and still hasnt been received? Or does this mean we did not receive an interview offer?

Did anyone get an interview even though their Casper score was not out? :O

Does anyone know how many people get accepted for interviews? :)

Got an interview tooooo! Looking forward to prepping over christmas break, anyone got any book recommendations or prep material?

I am not sure what the best materials for prepping this either. At first I was expecting more MMI styles, but I suppose CASPer eliminated the need for that from looking at the package. Since most of that day will be unexpected, I would just follow the tips in that booklet they sent first, and maybe look for other materials that might help with that.

I agree with what Gingersnap said! Seems like it's more of a conversation than the standard interview style, with more emphasis on what we're bringing to the table/our communication skills.

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to update you guys, I got my CASPER score uploaded on Dec 4 and I wrote it Oct 14.

does anyone know how to send the transcript for the fall 2018 semester? do we just have to go to our school's registrar office and do it or do we do this online?