Waterloo Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I called because I don’t have a reply yet and they said it doesn’t come out all at once and it’s coming this week so wait for the email

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any waitlist emails? Also does anyone happen to know how being waitlisted would show up on quest?

did anyone accept their offer on Quest yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
i called them and they said we will receive an email but i stupidly forgot to ask what time we should expect it
did they mention what day they are going to email us?

Reactions: 1 users

I hope that it's some time today...my heart can't take much more of this anticipation. I'd just really like a physical copy of the admissions decision :(

noo they just said we'll get an email, i forgot to ask when, if we get nothing today i'm gonna call again tomorrow

EVERYONE! ACCEPTANCE LETTERS ARE OUT ON QUEST!

Re-applicant, officially accepted to the class of 2023! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
OMG! Seeing the letter just made things official!

yay finally!! can't wait to meet you all, i got the best birthday present ever!

yayyy!!! does anyone know if we are still going to get an email soon with next steps, etc...? are no fees due until august then?

Has anyone not yet gotten an update? Cause mine still says no decision made yet and I'm wondering if they just forgot about me? I just want to know at this point

Has anyone not yet gotten an update? Cause mine still says no decision made yet and I'm wondering if they just forgot about me? I just want to know at this point
i would suggest calling them! they still haven't sent any emails which is so weird

yayyy!!! does anyone know if we are still going to get an email soon with next steps, etc...? are no fees due until august then?

There doesn't seem to be any fees or deposits. I have been reading around in their website and the letter to see if there are any deposits due, etc, but it seems that there isn't. To me, it seems that we have to complete my required courses for the term, send the transcript (for those who havn't finished school yet) and the CRC by the deadline.

Congrats to every applicant that got in! I was placed on the waitlist so hopefully I will be joining you in the fall but just out of curiosity I am wondering if anyone is planning on declining their acceptance?

Just got my e-mail as well! Has anyone tried to apply for graduate housing yet?

how deeep into the waitlist do they usually go?

also, do they give updates as to what number you are or am i going to have to periodically call them

Last edited:
how deeep into the waitlist do they usually go?

also, do they give updates as to what number you are or am i going to have to periodically call them
i think last year was around 8 and no updates

Hey everyone!

We want to start off by saying a BIG CONGRATS to all those accepted!!! We are the Orientation Committee for the UW Optometry Class of 2023! We are so excited for you to be joining our big optom family this September! We have a Facebook group set up for you guys to meet your new classmates, find roommates and organize housing, post any questions you may have about coming to Waterloo, as well as anything else you can think of! We will also be posting updates for your class through this group. If you’ve accepted your offer, please answer the questions and request to join the Facebook group at the following link: Log into Facebook | Facebook

We can't wait to meet you all, and welcome to the exciting journey ahead!

Nicole, Jessica and Celine
Orientation Week Co-Chairs 2019

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if we can call to monitor if we have moved up on the waitlist? Also, do those accepted have a timeline for when they have to confirm? Also anyone who gets accepted off waitlist please let us know here!

Anyone know if we can call to monitor if we have moved up on the waitlist? Also, do those accepted have a timeline for when they have to confirm? Also anyone who gets accepted off waitlist please let us know here!
apparently, they have two weeks to accept. after that, they will go down the waitlist to make their calls. then they can decline anytime before sept. and you could be contacted any time throughout the summer. So i would say call a few days after the two weeks are up and see