Waterloo Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know how to send the transcript for the fall 2018 semester? do we just have to go to our school's registrar office and do it or do we do this online?

It depends on your school, usually you can do it online. Search online to see, if not then go to the registrar office and they'll send it for you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how to send the transcript for the fall 2018 semester? do we just have to go to our school's registrar office and do it or do we do this online?

I don't go to Waterloo, so I sent mine online using my university's transcript system and ship it to Waterloo, the same process as when I submitted the transcript for my application in the summer! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how do we update our 2018 fall grades on AIF? I don't have the "make an amendment" button at the end of the page, so I just changed it directly under Q12 and Q13 and clicked "Save courses" under each question but I was not able to click the "submit-page finished" button at the end of the page. Is it just automatically updated after we click save the courses?

Does anyone know the order of the emails they send? Like do they send the rejections on the same day as the acceptances, as well as the waitlists? Or is it acceptances, waitlists, and then rejections?

I'm not sure. It may follow the same patterns from previous years where they send it sequentially like that; however, I honestly don't know for sure haha.

For those who currently do not attend Waterloo and is still finishing classes, has your transcripts from Fall 2018 processed date been updated on the Quest website? Mine is still not updated, even though the transcript has already been delivered.

Mine has not been updated yet, either! But i don't have a way of tracking mine so I am very nervous it could have gotten lost in the mail. Can you update me if yours eventually does get updated on Quest?

Oh no! I hope everything is okay and nothing got lost. Ofc!

Does anyone know how to check if they received our Fall 2018 transcripts if we mailed it through our school system?

Does anyone know how to check if they received our Fall 2018 transcripts if we mailed it through our school system?

I mailed it through my school system using the courier system so I knew that it was delivered. I'm not sure about other ways you can check though ....

Quest was updated today with the new transcript date! Should be the same place where you saw the old transcript getting uploaded in the documents :)

Reactions: 3 users
Mine updated too! If anyone else had the same concern as me, I ended up emailing the Waterloo Registrar's office to confirm if they received my official transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your alternative options? Plan B's? Other places you applied? Curious to see! Is optometry @ waterloo anyone's plan B?
i applied to SUNY and NECO in america as well! waterloo is my first choice but i knew i wanted other options in case it doesn't work out :(, how about you?

I've already waited a year so I applied to SCO (Tennessee) and NECO (Boston). Got into both with scholarships so will either be attending Waterloo or SCO...Waterloo is definitely my #1 though due to price haha

Reactions: 2 users
guys my transcript delivered to the school on the 29th of January and my quest account updated my transcript recieved showing being updated February 2nd 2019. Im so worried this is going to affect my admissions process. does anyone know what I can do?

guys my transcript delivered to the school on the 29th of January and my quest account updated my transcript recieved showing being updated February 2nd 2019. Im so worried this is going to affect my admissions process. does anyone know what I can do?

i think you should be fine as long as it was delivered before the 31st! you could always just let them know you're a bit concerned as it says feb 2nd even though you know it was delivered before then?

What are your alternative options? Plan B's? Other places you applied? Curious to see! Is optometry @ waterloo anyone's plan B?
I actually ended up applying to completely different types of schools (law and physiotherapy) since Waterloo is the only Canadian optometry school :( I'm curious whether anyone's in the same boat since I'm actually at a loss for what to choose!

I actually ended up applying to completely different types of schools (law and physiotherapy) since Waterloo is the only Canadian optometry school :( I'm curious whether anyone's in the same boat since I'm actually at a loss for what to choose!

i'm pretty sure you've probably heard this advice before, but you should go with what you believe you'll love doing for the rest of your life!

Hey, do you guys know if it's hard to get a job as an optometric assistant if you're only able to work for the summer months?

I applied to and got in at ICO, NECO, and IU. I'm putting my deposit down at ICO in case Waterloo doesn't work out!

Hey, do you guys know if it's hard to get a job as an optometric assistant if you're only able to work for the summer months?
I tried a couple of summers and they usually wanted someone who could carry on after and wasn't a full time student so I found it extremely difficult

Does anyone know what day Waterloo sent out the acceptances last year? Gonna be super anxious for the rest of the month haha :(

Does anyone know what day Waterloo sent out the acceptances last year? Gonna be super anxious for the rest of the month haha :(
in recent years they've sent it in the last week of march, normally on tuesday! last year it was on march 27th, i've been anxious for the past month haha i hate having to wait more :(:(

One more week!! So excited/nervous for everyone!!

Just a few more days, longest week of my life haha

Reactions: 7 users
Do you think they will email us tomorrow or Wednesday, 27th?
i feel like tomorrow most likely cause the last 3 years it was a tuesday but it could be anyday of this week

Let's hope it's tomorrow! This constant refreshing is going to drive me crazy

I hope it is tomorrow!! I'm getting so anxious. Hopefully there aren't any trolls like last years haha

i'm worried now that they're not gonna tell us today cause i feel like in previous years they were told by 9-10 am

I heard last year they got it around 3 pm but the years before was in the morning so I’m not sure

yah same i really hope not, i've been having too many sleepless nights already :nailbiting:
haha hopefully no more of those, im in the library of my school trying to make myself busy for the next few hours. not going well lol

admitted!! :)

GPA: ~83%
OAT: 350 TS/AA
Extracurriculars: SickKids volunteer, CNIB volunteer, pre-opto club executive, research, golden key international honour society member, other school clubs/etc.
Shadowing: 30+ hours shadowing with two diff optometrist

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just got my conditional offer on quest too!!

Please tell me y’all are trolling because mine says no decision yet

not trolling! i was just checking quest expecting nothing since we've got no email but it said conditional admit and asked to accept/decline, i'm not sure what's going on this year cause previous years people got the email first and a few hours or day later they'd see an update on their quest

i mean we can literally click accept so must be! so weird theres still no email though...

i called them and they said we will receive an email but i stupidly forgot to ask what time we should expect it