You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WCVM/UCVM c/o 2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Best of luck to you all over this week! Second rounders should be coming around soon eh?
See you around the school!
See you around the school!
How did everyone think interviews went?? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahh we are getting to that time of year and its so exciting! WCVM interviews are well on their way and UCVM letters should be out in a month.
I know its still a bit early, but for any UCVM applicants who have to move down to Calgary, I am looking for a roommate to join me (and my cat) in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment right across from foothills hospital in foothills village! Its a 5 minute walk to school in the mornings rather than coming from McMahon Stadium every morning. The place will be furnished except for the available bedroom. @awesomenessity was my previous roommate so you can talk to her about what it was like if interested! 🙂
I know its still a bit early, but for any UCVM applicants who have to move down to Calgary, I am looking for a roommate to join me (and my cat) in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment right across from foothills hospital in foothills village! Its a 5 minute walk to school in the mornings rather than coming from McMahon Stadium every morning. The place will be furnished except for the available bedroom. @awesomenessity was my previous roommate so you can talk to her about what it was like if interested! 🙂
Any second round invites from Sask yet? 

Any second round invites from Sask yet?![]()
Today was the transcript deadline so maybe next week they'll be sent out?
Hehe I'm thinking about this way too much. I think it says mid-late May on their website. Waiting again....Today was the transcript deadline so maybe next week they'll be sent out?
So in the last two years they came out May 17 and May 18. So theoretically we should have them Thursday or Friday this year. Eeeeeeeeekkkk!
So in the last two years they came out May 17 and May 18. So theoretically we should have them Thursday or Friday this year. Eeeeeeeeekkkk!
Time to start obsessively checking our emails
Hi guys! Been creeping this forum for awhile. Just recieved an interview invite from Manitoba pool! Good luck everyone!!
CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR YOU BBC!!!!!! ITS OUR YEAR.So in the last two years they came out May 17 and May 18. So theoretically we should have them Thursday or Friday this year. Eeeeeeeeekkkk!
No one from BC I know has heard anything, including people who have the grades that would normally get a second round. I think we might be waiting for tomorrow?
SK interviews have already started being sent out. I have received one and I know another girl who has gotten one tooHave all the second round interviews gone out? Has anyone from SK received an invite?
I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY BBC!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! KILL IT DURING YOUR INTERVIEW!!!!!!I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.![]()
I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.![]()
Congrats!! Can i ask what your admission gpa is? i was expecting one for bc this year but unfortunately have not received one.
Congrats on your interview!! I was in the first round for the SK poolHow is everyone going to prep?? I'm not really sure what to expect during the interview, does anyone have any insight!?
I would definitely recommend that you read over your application so you can speak confidently when they ask about your experiences.Anyone from Alberta get a second round interview yet?
I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.![]()
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Go rock that interview girl!
I am PMing you. If anyone else would like to know just message me. 🙂Congrats!! Can i ask what your admission gpa is? i was expecting one for bc this year but unfortunately have not received one.
I know of one person who's received a second round for AB!Anyone from Alberta get a second round interview yet?
I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.![]()
YAY BBC!!! Crossing my fingers for you at this interview! Good luck!! 😀😀
People who have already done the interview at sask, did they ask anything specific/knowledge based (like the 5 freedoms of animals or something like that)...I read that off google but it's so misleading sometimes. I found the MMI to be super moral-based but don't have a clue about panel interviews.
YAS! WAY TO GO FERNY!I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.![]()

People who have already done the interview at sask, did they ask anything specific/knowledge based (like the 5 freedoms of animals or something like that)...I read that off google but it's so misleading sometimes. I found the MMI to be super moral-based but don't have a clue about panel interviews.
There were several specific questions to determine your knowledge of the veterinary profession and important concepts relating to animals. Many of the questions were similar to those that you can find by searching google.
One of the ways me and my friend prepared for our interviews was by asking each other questions back and forth. This was helpful because we learned how to handle tough questions (or questions we didn't know the answers to) and we could review important concepts to help us answer questions better during the actual interview.
Last edited:
I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.![]()




Congratulations, and good luck!!! I'm so excited for you!
Congrats BBC!!I just got offered a BC second round interview!!!!! Check your emails BC people!
So so so excited, I really didn’t think I made the cutoff this year.![]()

I am kinda curious about how many of you on here have swine experience since dairy/beef cattle and equine are more popular than swine.
I'm not sure how to message you but would you be able to PM me about your gpa?I am PMing you. If anyone else would like to know just message me. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am PMing you. If anyone else would like to know just message me. 🙂
I would like to know as well 🙂 I don't know how to PM either...you'll probably see a notification that I've been creeping around your profile page to figure it out lol
Fun fact: A lot more people creep this thread than you would think. 

I don’t know what you’re talking aboutFun fact: A lot more people creep this thread than you would think.![]()
People who have already done the interview, were you asked a lot of ethical questions or just a few?
I actually didn't have any, but I've heard people have been asked them before. I guess it just depends!People who have already done the interview, were you asked a lot of ethical questions or just a few?
I actually didn't have any, but I've heard people have been asked them before. I guess it just depends!
Lucky! They snuck in a few right at the very end of mine haha
I maybe had one ethical question but it was very straightforward.People who have already done the interview, were you asked a lot of ethical questions or just a few?
Hey, if anyone wants to meet up for coffee or lunch today let me know! I’ll be on campus most of the day. 🙂
How are everyone's interviews going?
Mine went okay I think? Definitely some weak answers. I’m also a nervous babbler haha. However my interviewers were very very nice and I was able to get them laughing a bit.
Dr. Clark mentioned that results should be out Thursday or Friday next week.
Dr. Clark mentioned that results should be out Thursday or Friday next week.
Also got to meet @DRider13! She’s super nice guys, you will love her as a classmate 🙂
Annndddd everyone I’ve met has so been nice. Would be so excited to have them as classmates. Spent the 10 minutes before my interview discussing crazy horse people with another horse person. It sucks that we can’t all just get in!
The BC panel, all the people from each province get the same people, at least for the most part. 🙂
Do you remember any names? I'm just wondering if we had the same panel because mine really grilled me and it didn't feel like a very friendly environment lol
@CanadianKit You definitely may have had different panel than BC. When I interviewed for first round, BC was on the same day as SK and they had different panels. My panel seemed friendly overall, but definitely very intense and they tried their best to grill me.
I'm not sure if we are supposed to share names, especially since people are still interviewing in the next few days. Maybe once interviews are finished?
I highly doubt we had the same panel, since the people on mine also did the BC interviews in BC. Sask people were interviewing at the same time with another panel when I had my interview. Every BC person I've talked to so far said they thought our group was very nice.
I highly doubt we had the same panel, since the people on mine also did the BC interviews in BC. Sask people were interviewing at the same time with another panel when I had my interview. Every BC person I've talked to so far said they thought our group was very nice.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahh we are getting to that time of year and its so exciting! WCVM interviews are well on their way and UCVM letters should be out in a month.
I know its still a bit early, but for any UCVM applicants who have to move down to Calgary, I am looking for a roommate to join me (and my cat) in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment right across from foothills hospital in foothills village! Its a 5 minute walk to school in the mornings rather than coming from McMahon Stadium every morning. The place will be furnished except for the available bedroom. @awesomenessity was my previous roommate so you can talk to her about what it was like if interested! 🙂
Just as an update to this post I have posted pictures and created a listing if anyone is curious!
Calgary Shared For Rent | St Andrews Heights, | 1 Bedroom Available Across from | ID 339474 - RentFaster.ca | RentFaster.ca
Just as an update to this post I have posted pictures and created a listing if anyone is curious!
Calgary Shared For Rent | St Andrews Heights, | 1 Bedroom Available Across from | ID 339474 - RentFaster.ca | RentFaster.ca
I love Cinder just chillin' on her cat tree

Everyone should be finding out soon! I'm so excited for you all. Good luck everyone!!
I know results aren’t out yet, but has that stopped me from neurotically checking the portal at least once an hour? Of course not.
Kinda wish the clinics I’m in today didn’t have wifi
Kinda wish the clinics I’m in today didn’t have wifi
I know results aren’t out yet, but has that stopped me from neurotically checking the portal at least once an hour? Of course not.
Kinda wish the clinics I’m in today didn’t have wifi
I'm working somewhere that doesn't have cellphone service or wifi... I don't know if that's a good thing or not, cause otherwise I would be obsessively checking the portal all day!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 18K