This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know results aren’t out yet, but has that stopped me from neurotically checking the portal at least once an hour? Of course not.

Kinda wish the clinics I’m in today didn’t have wifi
So stressful! Congrats on getting an interview though :)

On the portal it says that decisions will be out June 11 - does anyone know if they will wait until Monday then or could they possibly give results tomorrow/Friday? I just want to know

Members don't see this ad.

So stressful! Congrats on getting an interview though :)

On the portal it says that decisions will be out June 11 - does anyone know if they will wait until Monday then or could they possibly give results tomorrow/Friday? I just want to know
During my tour Chris Clark said probably tomorrow or Friday.

I have heard that UCVM is calling now! Exciting!!! I remember how excited I was when I got my call :D

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call for UCVM!! After not getting an interview for WCVM I was pretty bummed and didn't have high hopes... but I'm SO EXCITED to meet everyone at UCVM!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Just got the call for UCVM!! After not getting an interview for WCVM I was pretty bummed and didn't have high hopes... but I'm SO EXCITED to meet everyone at UCVM!!!
What letter is your last name ?

I got called at 12:30 today!! Woohoo!! Dr. Singh (sp?) Sounds so nice!! Can't wait to meet people at ucvm this fall

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone heard anything from WCVM yet? In previous years UCVM and WCVM have sent out their acceptances on the same day

I got called at 12:30 today!! Woohoo!! Dr. Singh (sp?) Sounds so nice!! Can't wait to meet people at ucvm this fall

Dr. Singh literally is the kindest man ever. We love him.

Has anyone heard anything from WCVM yet? In previous years UCVM and WCVM have sent out their acceptances on the same day
They try to do it within 2-3 days of each other, usually. Sadly it has not always been the same day for both schools. So wcvm could be running a touch behind ucvm by the sound of it.

Dr. Singh literally is the kindest man ever. We love him.

They try to do it within 2-3 days of each other, usually. Sadly it has not always been the same day for both schools. So wcvm could be running a touch behind ucvm by the sound of it.
Yeah he asked me about my paper I'm publishing he was so excited about it!!

Reactions: 1 user
Excited to meet all you firsties coming to ucvm! Usually the 3rd years (my class) and 1st years end up getting to know each other fairly well as we are most commonly at the same campus. 2nd years tend to be a bit excluded, as I found out last year! Haha

And if anyone has any questions, feel free to message any of us upper class folk!

Reactions: 4 users
That sounds like him! He invited my entire class over to his house for dinner once in first year. Congrats about your paper! That sounds super exciting for you
If you like chimera it's a super cool paper. But he sounds like a freaking gem. I can't wait to meet all you lovely folks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of the UCVM students here got in off the waitlist? I'm just wondering if they call around for those positions as well or do you just get an email that says "You are in _____ place on the waitlist". Thanks!

My last name is L and I was called at 2pm

Also I heard WCVM decisions were coming out next week.

Have any of the UCVM students here got in off the waitlist? I'm just wondering if they call around for those positions as well or do you just get an email that says "You are in _____ place on the waitlist". Thanks!

I know some waitlist people get called... Usually those right near the top and it's not usually at the same time as the accepteds. But the waitlist at ucvm can move up to 10 spots or so a year, so lots of hope for those in the boat

Reactions: 2 users

I was on the waitlist last year :) I got the email the day after the calls started, and it just said I was "one of fifteen". They did not tell me my ranking even though I asked. However quite a few people from my class came off the waitlist so there is hope!

Edit: I think I was quite far down on the waitlist because I got my call quite late in the month (June 26th), But most people found out one week after the first acceptance calls went out (deadline to accept)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was a waitlister. I got an email the day after the calls went out informing me that I was waitlisted, and got called with my acceptance a week later. The waitlist email didn't list my rank.

I got in to WCVM! Just checked the portal and my letter was there!

Reactions: 12 users
I also got a WCVM letter! It’s a good day :love:

Reactions: 12 users
CONGRATS!! I am so excited to meet you both in August!

You guys all seem like wonderful, amazing people! I got my acceptance today as well and I’m over the moon. I can’t wait to meet all of you!

Reactions: 10 users
I also got an acceptance letter for the WCVM! I'm just so overwhelmed with emotion! :happy: I can't believe all that hard work has finally paid off! Can't wait to meet you guys!

Reactions: 8 users
I got accepted into WCVM! I still cannot get over that this is actually happening.
Congrats to everyone who received good news today!

Reactions: 8 users
I got offers from both ECVM and UCVM! So excited for the rest of my life! Congrats everyone!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys be careful about the info you post on here about yourself or your decisions. I heard the management at both schools watches these threads.

Hey guys be careful about the info you post on here about yourself or your decisions. I heard the management at both schools watches these threads.

I don't think you need to worry about this too much... they'll know what your decision was when you submit your acceptance/refusal letter! There are pros and cons to both schools, and both schools know those pros and cons, so discussing them shouldn't be an issue. Speak freely, because even if management is watching, it would (or should!) never affect your application status.

Does anybody know how parking works for WCVM students. Is it the same lottery system as the rest of the usask students? Is it worth it? (ie not too far to walk in -30C, electrified stalls) Or should I rely on the bus?

Hey everyone! I just found this page, but I've also been accepted into the WCVM for this upcoming August and I'm very excited to meet all of you.
I was also wondering if anyone else here would consider getting a 2 bedroom apartment with me in Saskatoon, as I think that would be a cheaper option than me living alone. If you're interested please reply and we can add each other on Facebook and get to know each other a bit and maybe start looking for apartments :) I'm moving from B.C.!
Looking forward to meeting all of you in August and congrats to everyone who got in!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know how parking works for WCVM students. Is it the same lottery system as the rest of the usask students? Is it worth it? (ie not too far to walk in -30C, electrified stalls) Or should I rely on the bus?

U of S student here. It's the same lottery system as the rest of the usask students, however, a bus pass is included in U of S tuition fees. The walk from the bus terminal to the WCVM is approx 10 mins, but in the winter you can take the indoor tunnels almost the entire way to the WCVM (approx. 20 mins).

I've used both parking passes and the bus pass. Pros/cons:
Parking pass is hella expensive and there is a risk of your car getting dinged in the lot or not starting in the winter (even if you get an electrified stall), but it is convenient. Bus pass is included in your tuition fees and you don't have to worry about the above issues, but it can be less convenient.

Hope that helps!

fellow WCVMers - I'm not entirely decided on my living situation yet, but nonetheless would love to add any of you on Facebook so we can at least have a few familiar faces in August :) dm me if ya'd like! Don't want to pressure anybody into adding strangers on social media hahaha

I have a pretty strong lead on a place to live, fingers crossed it works out nicely. Looks like it has all of the criteria I wanted for a place (and for a roommate).

I think the admissions office will be sending out the vet student classifieds pretty quickly, for those of you who are going to be looking.

I know it's a bit late now (although you guys are probably still waking up with a big smile everyday) but I'm so happy for everyone who got in!! Congrats!!! Please keep in touch! :biglove:

Hi Everyone! I got into the WCVM program starting in August, just wanting to see if anyone is interested in making a Facebook group so we can all get to know each other better?? I am also looking for a roommate but I'm nervous to move in with a stranger. Message me if you want to chat and we can add to Facebook :) I'm so excited to meet everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Everyone! I got into the WCVM program starting in August, just wanting to see if anyone is interested in making a Facebook group so we can all get to know each other better?? I am also looking for a roommate but I'm nervous to move in with a stranger. Message me if you want to chat and we can add to Facebook :) I'm so excited to meet everyone!!
I think a facebook page is a great idea! It'll let us all get to know each other before school starts :)

Reactions: 5 users
does anyone have an idea when waitlist offers will be going out ?

does anyone have an idea when waitlist offers will be going out ?

The deadline to accept for WCVM is tomorrow so I’d imagine waitlist offers will go out by the end of the week

hi! I’m also going to be looking for living places (am I the only person who has barely thought about it yet? Chronic procrastination will surely be an asset in vet school).

Feel free to dm me if you want to link up on facebook/etc since id love to chat with new classmates/get a chance to know people before August!

So I have a 2 bedroom place in Saskatoon lined up, and I'm going to need a roommate. I'm kind of torn - I would love to live with someone who is taking the same classes as me, understands how crazy busy it is going to be, etc.. but I'm also nervous to live with someone in our class (that I've never met before) because I don't want anyone to get annoyed from spending so much time with me, between classes and living together. I'm leaning towards someone from our class though.. if anyone is interested in more details, feel free to private message me on here, or Facebook message me if you've already added me :)

Just a heads up guys! UCVM's waitlist is moving.

Reactions: 5 users