We Can't Tell You Who WWe Are: Animorphs Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trilt

puppy snuggler extraordinaire
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OxW9P5j.png

Long before the Yeerks existed, before the Andalites built their ships and doomed species to enslavement with their kindness, before humans built breathtaking monuments to merciless gods, there existed two beings. It is perhaps a bit simplistic to call them Good and Evil, but stories break things down simply.

One had never asked for the power, but gathered it organically. He was perhaps a bit arrogant, a bit meddling, but he tended carefully to the progression of species, the development of art, of free thought, science, all those things that define intelligence... while the others' past was shrouded in mystery, and he wrought destruction of all in his path.

They fought for decades, centuries, millennia, and their battle is finally coming to an end with one, final showdown.

Who will survive?

It is now Day 1. We will begin on a long day cycle - lynch will close at 9PM EST tomorrow (9/6/16).

jXb1PNE.png
RULES:
  1. If your role description or chat title does not say otherwise, you are a villager.
  2. You must post - with content - at least twice per cycle. If you have one busy day or something, that's fine, but if it is a habit you'll either be subbed out or simply mod killed. I care much more about you posting and thinking than performing night actions.
  3. You may PM with anyone in your group during the night ONLY. It is not required, but I do really appreciate being added to PMs!
  4. Be reasonable with your editing. My only hard and fast rule is that you should not futz with lynch votes after they're posted.
  5. If there is a really overwhelming majority and almost everyone seems to have voted/defended, lynch may close early... but generally night/lynch deadlines will be 5AM/9PM EST. No plurality rules. I'll try my best to keep people up to speed if I will be early/late.
  6. Trilt peeve: pretty please don't make strategic posts after evening lynch is closed, but before the write-up is done. Treat it like a morning.

DETAILS FOR THIS GAME:

1. If you can morph, know that you can only stay in morph for two cycles before returning to your normal form.
    • Example: I am Trilt, and I can turn into a sloth and gain napping powers. I may morph N1, use my napping powers that night (N1) and the following (N2), then must return to human form for N3. Then N4 I can sloth again.
    • Feel free to ask any questions about this in your role PM!
  2. There is an injury mechanic in this game. I suggest not getting hurt. ;)
  3. Items must be utilized the night following when they are received, and will be redistributed the next morning whether used or not. Try not to forget.

MODERATORS:

@Trilt
@Kam325
@LadyOtheFarm

jXb1PNE.png

ROSTER:
The Gardens

1. @Jilary
2. @hazelmoo
3. @StartingoverVet
4. @WhtsThFrequency

Abandoned Construction Site
5. @PrincessButterCup
6. @guisantes
7. @Filly Bay
8. @katashark

The Yeerk Pool
9. @kcoughli
10. @dyachei
11. @Flim Flam Man
12. @Gwenevre

Dome Ship
13. @Zensing
14. @Lupin21
15. @SummerTheLynx
16. @WildZoo

The Sharing Meeting
17. @ResoluteMike
18. @JaynaAli
19. @Devastating
20. @genny

Hork-Bajir Valley
21. @Ceke2002
22. @Mad Jack
23. @Animal Midwife
24. @Saki Nishibi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hurray for team no sleep!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So it's 1.30 am on a Tuesday in the States right now? And lynch closes on the 6th, so about 20 hours from now. I think I've got that right.

You are in the future! :hello:

Yeah, new year's is always an interesting time, I'm not only on a completely different day to most of my friends, I've temporarily transported into another year :laugh:

We're lynching?
Might as well
lynch WZ

no one is ever willing to do it, so she is ultimately a danger to the villager cause

Reactions: 3 users
Yay for the first day of school for me :banana:

Kinda feels wrong to just start lynching before the wolves have even started doing something bad yet (maybe it's just me but idk). So I will wait until some developments happen before I vote for someone.

Last edited:
******lynch animal midwife******

No feels. I just hope she's not the village seer

In other news, just left Wisconsin. Finally headed to Oregon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
### lynch deva ###

/content

(RNG) Lynch Kcoughli

Would be tempted to lynch WZ per SOV's point, but she's in my convo group. Don't want to break up the Dome Ship party! Instead, lynch jilary because wolf role #2 has to happen sometime :p

Lynch Tally--"Yeah. Even you." Edition

WZ (1) - SOV
AM (1) - Kata
Jayna (1) - MJ
Deva (1) - FFM
KC (1) - Ceke
SOV (1) - Dy
FB (1) - Genny
Guis (1) - WTF
Jilary (1) - Zen
Zen (2) - FB, RM

This is foreign game matter for me, but seeing as the alien slugs are the bad guys and they work by controlling normal people, do we think perhaps most of them will have cover?

I'll vote lynch Deva and make a momentary tie.

This is foreign game matter for me, but seeing as the alien slugs are the bad guys and they work by controlling normal people, do we think perhaps most of them will have cover?
I know nothing about the source material (YET, I have the first couple of books coming on interlibrary loan), but my mod mind went immediately to one bad guy to start (that other guy mentioned above) and then lots of conversions... Just seems to fit the plot really well.

Reactions: 4 users
Or they might acquire cover through the course of the game. Conversions?

I know nothing about the source material (YET, I have the first couple of books coming on interlibrary loan), but my mod mind went immediately to one bad guy to start (that other guy mentioned above) and then lots of conversions... Just seems to fit the plot really well.
In reviewing, there is Visser Three stated as teh main foe, and he moves up the rank to Visser One. This might be our master wolf.

Reactions: 2 users
In reviewing, there is Visser Three stated as teh main foe, and he moves up the rank to Visser One. This might be our master wolf.
Visser Three/One was head of the Yeerk forces, right?

My bet for top wolf is Crayak (the evil force mentioned in the initial write-up). Just guessing, but Ellmist would have been an ideal NPC/lore character (nearly god-like and benevolent being, but can't interfere directly with the heroes and has to stick to indirect manipulation/giving vague advice). With that setup, Crayak (evil counterpart) could be a second NPC there to suggest village-wide punishments if Ellmist oversteps his bounds. Since Ellmist isn't an NPC, I'm guessing he's a villager role, with Crayak counterpart as a wolf.

Do agree that Visser Three is a wolf, though.

Lynch saki to get a vote in at lunch. Will be back after bovine lab later today

Would be tempted to lynch WZ per SOV's point, but she's in my convo group. Don't want to break up the Dome Ship party! Instead, lynch jilary because wolf role #2 has to happen sometime :p
Yeah, I keep thinking that too, but it has yet to happen. I was chaos recently though.
This is a good theory given my very limited understanding of the theme. I hope it's not true though or there is a way to see through the cover. In the books is there a way to detect who is really an alien slug?

Lynch Tally: "Yeah. Even you." Edition

WZ (1) - SOV
AM (1) - Kata
Jayna (1) - MJ
Deva (2) - FFM, PBC
KC (1) - Ceke
SOV (1) - Dy
FB (1) - Genny
Guis (1) - WTF
Jilary (1) - Zen
Zen (2) - FB, RM
Saki (1) - Guisantes

13/22 accounted for.

PSA: Anyone with theme-related questions, feel free to ask us privately in your role PM. We'll keep mum on game mechanics, but are happy to answer (most) questions about the source material.

Yeah, I keep thinking that too, but it has yet to happen. I was chaos recently though.

This is a good theory given my very limited understanding of the theme. I hope it's not true though or there is a way to see through the cover. In the books is there a way to detect who is really an alien slug?
IIRC theme wise, people with Yeerks in them just acted, off and not like themselves, running off at odd hours of the night to go to meetings, etc. It has been soooo long since I've read the books.

lynch kata to get a vote in, will be back after work.

If it's like Pokemon, maybe morphing gains abilities or the abilities get stronger?

That's sort of what I was thinking. During Pokemon, abilities were gained when people participated - voting, posting, etc and items helped. I don't know if morphing would somehow change affiliation or not. Also would the person be morphed permanently?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

DETAILS FOR THIS GAME:
  1. If you can morph, know that you can only stay in morph for two cycles before returning to your normal form.
    • Example: I am Trilt, and I can turn into a sloth and gain napping powers. I may morph N1, use my napping powers that night (N1) and the following (N2), then must return to human form for N3. Then N4 I can sloth again.
    • Feel free to ask any questions about this in your role PM
I knew I had read something about morphing somewhere.

I doubt this is an evolution of power game. The kids who have morph ability are likely the only ones that have a set of abilities based on morphing. I hope that this is still a vanillager based game that drives player scrutiny over excessive abilities.

I doubt this is an evolution of power game. The kids who have morph ability are likely the only ones that have a set of abilities based on morphing. I hope that this is still a vanillager based game that drives player scrutiny over excessive abilities.
it seems to me that based on what was said by trilt, the players that can morph will do so as a choice to them. it will generally not "happen" to them.

Morphing would give them certain abilities.

From what I recall of the lore, the kid heroes got the ability to morph from touching an alien cube (Andalite?) at the abandoned construction site. Anyone who touches that cube can morph, so there's the potential for people to gain the ability to morph over the course of the game.

Theoretically, any animal/person can be used as a morph. However, doing so requires a DNA sample. The person with the morphing ability has to touch the animal they want to morph into to get the ability to morph into that particular animal. For example, I remember an early scene where the heroes snuck into a zoo after dark with the goal of acquiring many morphs as possible. Gameplay-wise, I could see this as justification for players with morphing abilities gaining more morphs over time.

If you stay in a morph for more than 2hrs, you lose the ability to morph and are stuck in the form. Hence the two-cycle morph limit.

Incidentally, I think morphing removed traumatic injuries. Guessing that players who are injured but can morph will be healed of their injuries when they morph to a new form.

Going to go out on a limb and guess that less than half of the players in this game will be able to morph. I remember 5 kids, their alien friend, and a few other kids they picked up from the hospital in later books. Even with gaining morphing abilities by the cube, I expect morphing to remain a rare ability.

I'm not down with ties. I was going to lynch deva to break it, but then I remembered this is her first game back in a little while, so that leaves zen, and well the wolf RNG does seem to like her, so I guess it's not a terrible choice. ;):p

Lynch zen

Please note my real reason for voting zen is to break the tie for now, the rest is said in jest.