-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western c/o 2015 Applicants
Started by Lambgirl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviewed/Accepted at Ross
Interview at Tennessee next week!
can't wait any longer!!!!!!
Going to Tennessee next week too. Seems like we're on the same circuit.
Congrats on Ross ... good luck with the interview.
Cool BLance 🙂 I applied to about 10 I think, but only because my parents helped for application fees. I got denied to all of them but Western and RVC, where I've been accepted. Won't find about about Western till next week obviously but when I re-read that it sounded confusing haha. My boyfriend has also been kinda freaking out about admission lol. He's English and it would be a HUGE move for him to come to America, none the less LA since I'm from western NY, so needless to say he's kinda hoping for RVC as my choice, but I told him that it's going to be up to me 😛 hehe. This is going to be a tough choice next week if I here good news!! Or, Dean Nelson will make the decision for me 🙂 Congrats to those of you who got accepted somewhere else also!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great idea to talk about other things until Monday! I only applied to Western and NC state...NC state didn't work out - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Western!
Ang - my husband is English as well...but after living in the UK for a bit we moved back to the states 2 1/2 years ago so I could finish my pre-reqs and apply to vet school ..but I was actually thinking that if it doesn't work out for me this year I might apply to RVC next year (not sure how happy the hubby will be to up and move back to the UK..but we'll cross that bridge later 😉) anyway, what's the tuition at RVC like? I actually used to live down the street from it when I lived in the UK - but for some reason I always pictured myself going to vet school in the states - I kinda wished I would've just stayed over there and gone to RVC cause I could get the UK citizen tuition by now :/ oh well...live and learn...but maybe I'll get into Western and it'll all work out as planned...who knows!
Ang - my husband is English as well...but after living in the UK for a bit we moved back to the states 2 1/2 years ago so I could finish my pre-reqs and apply to vet school ..but I was actually thinking that if it doesn't work out for me this year I might apply to RVC next year (not sure how happy the hubby will be to up and move back to the UK..but we'll cross that bridge later 😉) anyway, what's the tuition at RVC like? I actually used to live down the street from it when I lived in the UK - but for some reason I always pictured myself going to vet school in the states - I kinda wished I would've just stayed over there and gone to RVC cause I could get the UK citizen tuition by now :/ oh well...live and learn...but maybe I'll get into Western and it'll all work out as planned...who knows!
omgeeeeeeeeeeee i cant take it help me ahhhhhhhhhh gotta caallll errrryybody
Me too! Omg I saw on my phone that I had an email and had to pull over I was shaking and screaming in my car!
Last edited:
Ok FREAKING out now, I haven't gotten one yet!
BTW Congrats to all those that have gotten in! 🙂
No e-mail for me... 🙁
Congrats to those with acceptances. Hopefully, they will be sending more out.
Congrats to those with acceptances. Hopefully, they will be sending more out.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
I agree millyt!oi! this is getting me nauseous...

I heard they do send them in batches so hang in there. I am pulling for the rest of the sdners
Last edited:
I'm an alternate. FML.
FML...me too...
I'm sitting in the library squirming like a little kid with ants in his pants because I just got accepted! Congrats All! Look forward to meeting everyone
.
.Still no e-mail and last year they sent everything out at once, really hoping they are doing it in waves, but after my incredibly crummy interview I am thinking it is a rejection.
Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waitlisted... I was in the same position last year.
Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those waitlisted... I was in the same position last year.
An alternate is waaaaay better than no and alternates are definitely known to get in. Fingers crossed for you guys!
Anyone want to reveal times that e-mails were sent? Then I will know if they are staggering them or not...???
Please, anything to make me more insane/crazy is greatly appreciated. 😉
Please, anything to make me more insane/crazy is greatly appreciated. 😉
I am with you on that DVMDream. Might make me feel better too!Anyone want to reveal times that e-mails were sent? Then I will know if they are staggering them or not...???
Please, anything to make me more insane/crazy is greatly appreciated. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says 3:12 pm pacific time
Good luck
Good luck

I am going to be positive and hold to the old "No news is good news" adage.
mine was at 3:52 pst..
soo...from cattycat's given stats...
close to 300 or so had interviews..
160 acceptances
140 or so are alternates!!
There are around 30-40 rejections too... 🙁
DVM, it looks as if they were all sent out at once.
We need to hang in there and be positive.
We need to hang in there and be positive.

There are around 30-40 rejections too... 🙁
ah! i forgot about that...
your chances are high tho DVMDream! Good luck to you. Keep us posted!!!
I'm
for you and cowdocsoonGreat idea to talk about other things until Monday! I only applied to Western and NC state...NC state didn't work out - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Western!
Ang - my husband is English as well...but after living in the UK for a bit we moved back to the states 2 1/2 years ago so I could finish my pre-reqs and apply to vet school ..but I was actually thinking that if it doesn't work out for me this year I might apply to RVC next year (not sure how happy the hubby will be to up and move back to the UK..but we'll cross that bridge later 😉) anyway, what's the tuition at RVC like? I actually used to live down the street from it when I lived in the UK - but for some reason I always pictured myself going to vet school in the states - I kinda wished I would've just stayed over there and gone to RVC cause I could get the UK citizen tuition by now :/ oh well...live and learn...but maybe I'll get into Western and it'll all work out as planned...who knows!
Wow good to see someone else in my shoes!!! RVC is $32k a year right now based on the current exchange rate, so if I go there I would lock in on that price no matter how the exchange rate changed. So the good thing is that it's cheaper than western 😛 But I was accepted into the 4-year, some are accepted into the 5 year, which would obviously be another $32k. English tuition would be much cheaper, but like a lot of American vet schools, I wouldn't be able to just 'live' there for a year or so and get "in-country".
AND CONGRATS TO YOU ALL GETTING IN ALREADY!!! AHHH!!! I can't believe it's only Wednesday and they're sending out emails!!! 😱😱
DVM, it looks as if they were all sent out at once.
We need to hang in there and be positive.![]()
I am hanging in... trying to be positive. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for all of us who have yet to hear anything... Good Luck!!


I am hanging in... trying to be positive. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for all of us who have yet to hear anything... Good Luck!!![]()
Here's my question. For everyone who got emails today, when did you interview? I was on the last day when the Dean wasn't there...I'm wondering if interview date has anything to do with the 'batches' being sent out? hmm

Here's my question. For everyone who got emails today, when did you interview? I was on the last day when the Dean wasn't there...I'm wondering if interview date has anything to do with the 'batches' being sent out? hmm![]()
Doubt it... I interviewed on 2/5.
thanks!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starting a new fb group cause that one was created before acceptances went out....I want to make one thats only for the accepted c/o 2015
of WHICH....cowdoc, dvd dream, angschmange, millyt, cautionary and marsala will hopefully be a part of (sorry if I forgot anyone..I want all SDNers admitted!!)
We shall see!!! I have fingers crossed for us all!! 😀 😀


.
Last edited:
YES!!! I have always dreamed of being a Dvd!!! 😉![]()
Eeek! You think by now I would have learned to spell check before hitting "submit reply" fixed it now....though dvd dream was pretty funny
Congratulations to the WesternU c/o 2015!!!!!
How sneaky of them to send it out this early when everyone was expecting Friday or next Monday at the earliest
oh well, it's nice to have the surprise. If only they had secret cameras to film you all screaming in public places as you're reading your emails.
How sneaky of them to send it out this early when everyone was expecting Friday or next Monday at the earliest
oh well, it's nice to have the surprise. If only they had secret cameras to film you all screaming in public places as you're reading your emails.Congratulations to the WesternU c/o 2015!!!!!
How sneaky of them to send it out this early when everyone was expecting Friday or next Monday at the earliestoh well, it's nice to have to surprise if only they had secret cameras to film you all screaming in public places as you're reading your emails.
LOL would love this.
And now since they sent out these emails that's just WAY more days for the rest of us to be
checking our emails every second of everyday till tuesday!!