-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Western c/o 2020
Started by battie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, Karen Lopez def. said by Dec.18. B.c she is pregnent and may not be working much later than that day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Only 10 days left!!!
I'm just pretending to be patient, I'm really not 
I cannot believe how long this wait feels!!! When I called 2 weeks ago they said it could be any day now so I've been super eager everyday waiting for an email. This wait is terrible!
I also accidentally received a rejection letter around this time too. I'm really surprised to see that it happened on such a large scale. I figured it was a one time fluke! Not really impressed by that...I emailed admissions and was told that decisions have not been made yet and she didn't know why I received the email but she would look into it. Maybe there is still hope.
Does anyone know how they select people after the interviews? Is it solely off of the interviews at that point?
Does anyone know how they select people after the interviews? Is it solely off of the interviews at that point?
Probably because at the interviews they said that we were picked for interviews because we were qualified enough to be there.
Does anyone know how they select people after the interviews? Is it solely off of the interviews at that point?
They said that the dean would consider the entire application when selecting people.
Facebook page officially says Friday afternoon. Guess I'll stop checking my email every hour until then 😉
What's the Facebook page?Facebook page officially says Friday afternoon. Guess I'll stop checking my email every hour until then 😉
Western University of Health Sciences DVM AdmissionsWhat's the Facebook page?
I've never had a week go by any slower than this week feels right now! Two days!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We will get an email rather than phone call if we are accepted right?
I think she definitely said via email.
I'm likely going to be on a plane (flying to my next interview) when we receive the emails tomorrow. It's going to be the longest plane ride ever for me! If they offer WiFi I might have to splurge and buy it so that I can check my email every 5 minutes 🙄
Goodluck everyone!!
Goodluck everyone!!
What interview?I'm likely going to be on a plane (flying to my next interview) when we receive the emails tomorrow. It's going to be the longest plane ride ever for me! If they offer WiFi I might have to splurge and buy it so that I can check my email every 5 minutes 🙄
Goodluck everyone!!
Kansas StateWhat interview?
Good luckKansas State
My friend just got a phone call for acceptance .. Anyone else?
Last edited:
Phone call?? I thought it's email onlyMy friend just got a phone cal for acceptance .. Anyone else?
Nope. Weird..since their admission page says that "all interview invites will be sent by email on dec 18"My friend just got a phone cal for acceptance .. Anyone else?
Good luck tomorrow, everyone!
I know ! He interviewed the same day as me so I was nervous that they called him and not me.Nope. Weird..since their admission page says that "all interview invites will be sent by email on dec 18"
That's really weird.. Will they send a follow up email too? Ha cuz wouldn't you need that as your proof...
That's really strange...I didn't think they were allowed to do that. Congrats to him!
Not sure. Hes more of someone I used to intern with than a friend, so he didn't give me too many details. He told me they called him back and he's been accepted. So I'm assuming he originally called and that's why.That's really weird.. Will they send a follow up email too? Ha cuz wouldn't you need that as your proof...
Not sure. Hes more of someone I used to intern with than a friend, so he didn't give me too many details. He told me they called him back and he's been accepted. So I'm assuming he originally called and that's why.
I remember Karen said they cannot give you your decision over the phone in case someone calls them using your name... So weird though but congrats to your friend!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm totally freaking out >_< I hate the wait especially since it is so close :"(
Ahhhhhh Just received my acceptance offer via phone!!! They said I would receive an official invite by tomorrow latest!!! Good luck and best wishes to the rest of you!
Ahhhhhh Just received my acceptance offer via phone!!! They said I would receive an official invite by tomorrow latest!!! Good luck and best wishes to the rest of you!
Congrats!! What great news!
I remember Karen said they cannot give you your decision over the phone in case someone calls them using your name... So weird though but congrats to your friend!
Ahhhhhh Just received my acceptance offer via phone!!! They said I would receive an official invite by tomorrow latest!!! Good luck and best wishes to the rest of you!
So they're calling?? So confused
Ahhh I just want to know TODAY
So they're calling?? So confused
Me too. I distinctly remember Karen saying it would be via email, on the 18th. And their Facebook said today as well. But it's getting a bit late, especially for some non-California applicants. Has anyone else heard anything?... Also, how many offers do they make? I know the class size is expected to be 105, but surely they offer admissions to more than 105 people.
Me too. I distinctly remember Karen saying it would be via email, on the 18th. And their Facebook said today as well. But it's getting a bit late, especially for some non-California applicants. Has anyone else heard anything?... Also, how many offers do they make? I know the class size is expected to be 105, but surely they offer admissions to more than 105 people.
But it isn't late in California and they're working on California time. It's only 4:00 there, meaning plenty of time to send out notification. And they will offer admission to more people because people are more likely to pick IS if they can since it's cheaper.
Do you know the office hours though ? I usually assume 5 ishBut it isn't late in California and they're working on California time. It's only 4:00 there, meaning plenty of time to send out notification. And they will offer admission to more people because people are more likely to pick IS if they can since it's cheaper.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate :/
Same boat :/Alternate :/
Alternate 😳 congrats to everyone who got in!
