Western C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To all you gals, did you guys take a purse or bag with you or did you go empty handed?
You're able to leave all your belongings on the table that's outside the interview rooms. The students there will be able to watch them. Everyone gets a WesternU bag, so you don't have to bring a purse if you don't want. There were people who brought purses.

Members don't see this ad.

You leave your items when you go into each interview room. But you can take purses during everything else. Yes, I asked about their research and some questions about the program :)

Also did anyone ask questions to the person interviewing them after they were interviewed ? Or should we?

If you have time! The 15 mins per interview flew by I felt like. I had maybe 3-4ish minutes at the end to ask a question and my interviewer was unfortunately unable to finish his answer because they pull you outta there right at times up (understandable so its fair for everyone) but don't worry there are lots of opportunities to ask questions about everything. You're with a student all day and they are super helpful and you'll get the opportunity to talk to staff as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have time! The 15 mins per interview flew by I felt like. I had maybe 3-4ish minutes at the end to ask a question and my interviewer was unfortunately unable to finish his answer because they pull you outta there right at times up (understandable so its fair for everyone) but don't worry there are lots of opportunities to ask questions about everything. You're with a student all day and they are super helpful and you'll get the opportunity to talk to staff as well!
Thank you

You're able to leave all your belongings on the table that's outside the interview rooms. The students there will be able to watch them. Everyone gets a WesternU bag, so you don't have to bring a purse if you don't want. There were people who brought purses.
Thank you

Lastly does anyone know how soon after the interview do they inform you of your status? Accepted, waitlisted or rejected.

Thank you

Lastly does anyone know how soon after the interview do they inform you of your status? Accepted, waitlisted or rejected.

Thank you
We will start receiving news (acceptances) sometime mid-December.

To all you gals, did you guys take a purse or bag with you or did you go empty handed?

Also did anyone ask questions to the person interviewing them after they were interviewed ? Or should we?

I had my purse. They let you leave it with the other bags in the lobby and they will watch them foe you (your choice of coarse)

And always ask questions! I did during my interview slots. You get the most out of your visit by doing so. Hopefully this was helpful :)

I took a purse!!! Cross body. With a small notebook inside. Also I didn’t have any time to ask the interviewers questions because they had so many follow up questions for me

Hey peeps! It was my second time interviewing (I was an alternate last year). Do you think that gives me any advantage? I want to go to this school more than anything! One of my interviewers said he had to ask me a specific question in order to recommend me so I think that’s a good sign? So nervous!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey peeps! It was my second time interviewing (I was an alternate last year). Do you think that gives me any advantage? I want to go to this school more than anything! One of my interviewers said he had to ask me a specific question in order to recommend me so I think that’s a good sign? So nervous!!
Same boat! I was an alternate last year as well and I LOVE the school! Good luck to you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we notified of acceptances by phone or email? I was told we would be receiving a call but a friend believes it is by email. Thanks!

Will we be hearing back with regards to our acceptance/rejection/waitlist by Dec 15th? Or will it be later since we had some late interviews this year

Will we be hearing back with regards to our acceptance/rejection/waitlist by Dec 15th? Or will it be later since we had some late interviews this year
All decisions should be sent out that day.

I interviewed on the 4th and they said decisions go out “mid December”

The anticipation is killing me :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
It's this Friday we find out, right?
In the orientation booklet that they gave us on interview day, it says, "Notification letters for all categories will be emailed by mid-December 2017." So it sounds like it could be a few days earlier or later.

When Karen was giving her presentation, she said "most likely the Friday before the weekend of Christmas"!

Yeah i remember her saying that. So im guessing itll be the 22nd then
I assumed the 15th just because it is mid-December. Many people have been thinking that as well. :x
I thought maybe Friday the 22nd was considered "the weekend of Christmas".

Update: Someone on the APVMA facebook group said that they emailed admissions, and they said that everyone will receive responses by the 22nd.

How many total people do you guys think will be accepted? Online it says that the sitting class is 105, but has anyone asked about just accepted students? :O

I'm guessing they'll accept more than 105 since many will deny their acceptance. I think last year they also chose like 70 alternates? Don't quote me on that.. I might be wrong.

Last year, Western sent acceptances on December 16th. If they follow the same trend, we should find out sometime today.

Last year, Western sent acceptances on December 16th. If they follow the same trend, we should find out sometime today.

YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME hahaha I’m waiting to hear back from sgu too it should be any day now so now I’m extra nervous

I think other people said we're supposed to hear next Friday, the 22nd. The waiting is torture!

By the 22nd... lol does that mean sometime before?! I'm so nervous too!!

The wait is seriously killing me.... really wanted to hear from them tdoay..
it's finals week but I really cannot focus!! (good excuse)

Me too!!! We are all in the same boat

I'm thinking it'll be Friday. That way they can send out decisions and then leave for the weekend. I'm sure they'd have phone lines FULL of students after sending the decisions if they didn't. This way, people have a chance to let it sink in and do their own research before contacting the school after the holiday.

...This is what I'm telling myself anyway. Makes the wait slightly more bearable when there's an actual date!

username checks out
BitterDisgustingAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif

I'm thinking it'll be Friday. That way they can send out decisions and then leave for the weekend. I'm sure they'd have phone lines FULL of students after sending the decisions if they didn't. This way, people have a chance to let it sink in and do their own research before contacting the school after the holiday.

...This is what I'm telling myself anyway. Makes the wait slightly more bearable when there's an actual date!

I really hope it's Friday! I am a nervous wreck just waiting especially because I just finished finals so I have nothing else to think about! At least my other schools won't let me know until January so its only Western that should be out soon... Good luck to everyone!!!

DID THAT CHRISTMAS EMAIL WESTERN JUST SENT GIVE ANYONE ELSE HEART PALPITATIONS

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone remember if they are calling with acceptances or sending emails?

Well, tomorrow is the big day I guess. Good luck to everybody!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Sweet dreams of acceptances! :sleep: