Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone recieved a rejection, or waitlist letter yet?

i'm still waiting.
I heard many might decline the offer, so hopefully more spots open for those of us who are still waiting :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

i heard the same too...we should be hearing from WU soon. i'm getting soooo nervous...my interview was in march and my application was put on hold until the 18th of april. soooo i'm crossing my fingers. what worries me is that people who have been accepted got phone calls first...i have sitting here not getting the phone call suuuuucks. :scared:

i'm still waiting.
I heard many might decline the offer, so hopefully more spots open for those of us who are still waiting :thumbup:

Hey, i'm going to give up my spot too, so that's another opening for someone. It's tough to wait, I know, but hopefully you guys will hear some good news soon! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, i'm going to give up my spot too, so that's another opening for someone. It's tough to wait, I know, but hopefully you guys will hear some good news soon! :luck:

Thanks. It's good to hear another spot available :)
If you're giving up your spot, does that mean you have decided to go to another school? If so which school may I ask?

Just received a letter from Western, interviewed on 4/12/08. Im on the "ALTERNATE LIST." Anybody here do a total count of people who received acceptance letters and actually accepted Western for school? Also, just verifying that it goes from 1) Accepted, 2) Alternate 3) Wait list/On hold 4) Rejected? or is it 1 3 2 4???? THanks in Advance

Just received a letter from Western, interviewed on 4/12/08. Im on the "ALTERNATE LIST." Anybody here do a total count of people who received acceptance letters and actually accepted Western for school? Also, just verifying that it goes from 1) Accepted, 2) Alternate 3) Wait list/On hold 4) Rejected? or is it 1 3 2 4???? THanks in Advance
Alternate is the wait list (2 and 3 are the same), so it's only 1,2,4

Alternate is the wait list (2 and 3 are the same), so it's only 1,2,4

From my understanding about WesternU, after all the interviews are done everybody falls into one of these categories: 1) accepted, 2) Alternate/Waitlist (majority), 3) Hold (after interview--very few are on this list), 4) Non-accepted

From my understanding about WesternU, after all the interviews are done everybody falls into one of these categories: 1) accepted, 2) Alternate/Waitlist (majority), 3) Hold (after interview--very few are on this list), 4) Non-accepted

zilko is correct. All applicants who were on hold after interview should know around now whether they are accepted or are on the waiting list. Hold is a temporary status that is given while interviews were still going on. After all the interviews, the admissions committee will review the applications who are on hold again to decide the status (accepted, alternate, rejected).

Got the 'Alternate' letter today, sigh, pretty much what I expected, but hope springs eternal.

I guess progress on the move to Vallejo continues (at least it's proximate to Napa X-} ).

May I ask which area you are from?

People who have gotten an interview at Western should receive a letter as to where to stand by now. As for me, I didn't even get an interview from Western, which was disappointing. I received a letter over a week ago that says I was Rejected. I'm kind of surprised actually. I heard from my friend that Western interview anyone with a GPA ~>3.2 regardless but I guess they were wrong. My GPA is >3.5 and I am a re-applicant for Western but I guess it wasn't enough for them. I even turned in my application earlier than last year too and I did a lot of revision for my essays. But oh well, I've gotten into the schools that I wanted so good luck to those waiting for the news. :)

Amazing how subjective AdComs can be, I applied to 3 schools this year, interviewed at all of them and got wait listed by 2, accepted at the 3rd.
P-)

zilko is correct. All applicants who were on hold after interview should know around now whether they are accepted or are on the waiting list. Hold is a temporary status that is given while interviews were still going on. After all the interviews, the admissions committee will review the applications who are on hold again to decide the status (accepted, alternate, rejected).

have there been many people who are accepted from "hold" status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Amazing how subjective AdComs can be, I applied to 3 schools this year, interviewed at all of them and got wait listed by 2, accepted at the 3rd.
P-)
What do you think about that? Touro accepted you very soon after the interview. Does it mean this school has program which is matched with your choice (informatic pharmacist ??). How do you evaluate yourself after 3 interviews. Did you do best at Touro compare to the others.
I am on alternate list too. Still hoping...

P-)

Wow you applied to only 3 schools got interview to all 3? That's amazing.

I'm still in school. Don't know my status yet. Hopefully a mail full of confettie waiting for me at home

ngynththo, are you from around Pomona? I live around 20' from WesternU

ngynththo, are you from around Pomona? I live around 20' from WesternU

Hi "will try till accepted",
I like your slogan :)
I live 45 miles from WU. Good luck.

Whats up Ya'll,

Just to fill you in because last year I waited my little heart out(until very late August) and know how it fills. May 12 is the last day to decline acceptance for the April interviewers.
:luck:

Whats up Ya'll,

Just to fill you in because last year I waited my little heart out(until very late August) and know how it fills. May 12 is the last day to decline acceptance for the April interviewers.
:luck:

One more alternate here. If May 12 is the last day, they will know how many seats still open then. I don't know where I'm on the alternate/waiting list. Should we call the school? Will they let us know about that?

One more alternate here. If May 12 is the last day, they will know how many seats still open then. I don't know where I'm on the alternate/waiting list. Should we call the school? Will they let us know about that?

From what I remember, the alternate list is not ranked so when they have a spot open they go through all the alternate applicants to decide who they want. so basically, if you are the first on the list, it's not necessary to assume that you will be picked first and vice versa. :rolleyes:

Thanks. It's good to hear another spot available :)
If you're giving up your spot, does that mean you have decided to go to another school? If so which school may I ask?

I was all set to go to Western, but then I just got into USC...after much thought, I decided to go there instead. I really liked Western's program too though. Anyway, good luck to you!! :D

so has anyone received a rejection letter? i am on alternate too.. so do they put everyone that they interviewed on alternate or do they reject people as well? so about 400 students are interviewed, 120 accepted. 280 students would be on alternate?

so has anyone received a rejection letter? i am on alternate too.. so do they put everyone that they interviewed on alternate or do they reject people as well? so about 400 students are interviewed, 120 accepted. 280 students would be on alternate?

no i think some ppl got rejected already.. after the interview..

i m not too sure.. correct me if i m wrong..

Interviewed in March. Was placed on hold to be reviewed after 4/20. Just got the letter today. I am officially wait listed.

Interviewed in March. Was placed on hold to be reviewed after 4/20. Just got the letter today. I am officially wait listed.

that makes two of us andy...the waiting continues. ughhh.

Are you on the "wait list" or "alternate"? I thought they only had alternate after all the interviews...

Are you on the "wait list" or "alternate"? I thought they only had alternate after all the interviews...

alternate and waitlist is the same thing.

Another "alternate" from the April 12th interview.
I thought everything went well. :oops:

So the accepted applicants have to respond by May 12th? Will we know how many seats will be available by then?

i heard the same too...we should be hearing from WU soon. i'm getting soooo nervous...my interview was in march and my application was put on hold until the 18th of april. soooo i'm crossing my fingers. what worries me is that people who have been accepted got phone calls first...i have sitting here not getting the phone call suuuuucks. :scared:

I thought Western said they'll send out acceptance letters. Is it true that accepted applicants were notified by phone? Do you know personally know someone that got an acceptance call? (I'm just curious and a bit confused:confused:)

I thought Western said they'll send out acceptance letters. Is it true that accepted applicants were notified by phone? Do you know personally know someone that got an acceptance call? (I'm just curious and a bit confused:confused:)

Hey, I was accepted to Western for Fall of 2008 and I got an email first, then a call, then the letter in the mail.

But they might be calling people first now, to see if they are still interested or have decided to go somewhere else. That way Western adm can get a faster response back and see if they need to pull more people. (that's what i think anyway)

Hey, I was accepted to Western for Fall of 2008 and I got an email first, then a call, then the letter in the mail.

But they might be calling people first now, to see if they are still interested or have decided to go somewhere else. That way Western adm can get a faster response back and see if they need to pull more people. (that's what i think anyway)

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply and congrats. I have one more question..
Did they ask you to finalize your decision by May 12th?

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply and congrats. I have one more question..
Did they ask you to finalize your decision by May 12th?

Actually I was accepted back in December... but I have been accepted somewhere else, so that gives an extra spot up to someone. :luck: Regardless, I'm sure the people that were just accepted have a small window to reply by, because like I mentioned earlier, the adm want to fill up their class.

does anybody know if they have started pulling people of the alternate list or will they start after they get a count of who accepted their offer?

alsoooo...does anyone know how many people got accepted after being on the alternate list last year? and approximately how many people are on the list?

Hey guys-
Another alternate here. Good luck to everyone and lets keep our fingers crossed!

Did anybody get accepted from the alternate list at Western?

No news here yet.

Does anybody know when they got back to the people on the alternate list last year?

Does anybody know when they got back to the people on the alternate list last year?

You can search last year's western thread by using the search engine. That might help in terms of finding out when they started accepting people from the alternate list.

FYI, 8 students were called after school started last year

Hey everyone,

Just wanna say congrats to all that have been accepted into Western for Fall 08! I have not applied yet but will be doing so this June. I have a question and I hope you guys don't mind helping me out. I have contacted the admissions of Western through email and someone responded but did not answer my question. So my question is this: Does Western want applicants to directly mail in transcripts and LoRs to the school in addition to what is submitted and sent to PharmCAS? Thank you in advance guys.

Hey everyone,

Just wanna say congrats to all that have been accepted into Western for Fall 08! I have not applied yet but will be doing so this June. I have a question and I hope you guys don't mind helping me out. I have contacted the admissions of Western through email and someone responded but did not answer my question. So my question is this: Does Western want applicants to directly mail in transcripts and LoRs to the school in addition to what is submitted and sent to PharmCAS? Thank you in advance guys.

Do not send transcripts until you've been accepted but send in LORs with your application.

Hi guys,
I'm on the alternate list and have completed my BS degree. Should I send my latest transcript to WesternU? Would it help in terms of my rank on the alternate list?
thanks

Yes, send in spring transcripts asap. It seems these wait lists are pretty fluid, and the number they may (or may not) have given you is meaningless until they see how everyone continued to do on their prereqs. Like the application process, the sooner you get them your stuff the better off you are. I am basing this off the way USC does things, cause I just talked to them and thats what they told me.

thanks Drug Doc.
I will have my transcript sent to them as soon as the grades are in

You can search last year's western thread by using the search engine. That might help in terms of finding out when they started accepting people from the alternate list.

I've been searching the western's thread from this year, and correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, by this time last year, Western had already accepted about "165 people to date" and then the restof the roster was filled in late july/august, which means that about 40 people were accepted from the wailist by this time last year. Ok, granted I know this year, evrything had been push back about 2 weeks (i.e. the last interview from last year was in the end of march while the last interview from this year was on April 12), but have there been many waitlisted people got accepted to Western this year? Because by this time last year, people were blowing up the threads.