You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WesternU c/o 2028
Started by barkology
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This is the email that I received.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know for sure but based on previous years it doesn't seem like it matters. No decisions in the past have been released until March regardless of when students were interviewed.Hello everyone! Quick question about the interviews... does anyone know if it matters when you schedule to do an interview?
I'm scared they will admit students on a rolling basis so I wanted to see if anyone had any insight.
My portal looks exactly the same as before I received the email that it was ready for review by the admissions committee. I don’t think it would hurt to send an email to your advisor to make sure everything is good.My application still hasn’t even moved to the “being reviewed” stage. Should I send my admissions counselor an email or let it be?
Last edited:
I messaged them just to make sure everything was ok with my application since I also did not receive a “being reviewed” email and they were very kind and said nothing else was needed from me and not to worry.My application still hasn’t even moved to the “being reviewed” stage. Should I send my admissions counselor an email or let it be?
Don't worry they have interview out till December. Invites as late as November. Keep your fingers crossed 🤞Same here! All I got that day was that I was missing a course which I quickly rectified
Me too!!!😬Anxiously waiting for another round of interview invites!
potatoegurl
Full Member
That email notification made my heart drop lol 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Online!Are the interviews in person or online like last year ?
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
I have my interview later this week and feeling nervous. Can anyone whose had it already say how it was?
MaybeDrThai
Full Member
Does anyone know how acceptances are reviewed? Once you do an interview, does that mean whether you get in or not depends on how well you do?
If I remember correctly, they look at an overview of everything (application and interview).Does anyone know how acceptances are reviewed? Once you do an interview, does that mean whether you get in or not depends on how well you do?
I have my interview later this week and feeling nervous. Can anyone whose had it already say how it was?
I had it last year. It was very informal. The committee were very friendly. I would highly recommend you practice answering the questions that were provided on sdn.
So basically you’ll have 2 rounds in different breakout room on Zoom. Each with 2 committees, each will ask you one question but if you finish early, they’ll ask one more to get to know you or you can ask them questions. I think each round was 10-15min
potatoegurl
Full Member
My application was sent to the admissions committee on 9/7 but I have not heard anything. Has anyone else also not heard anything and also had their app sent to review on that date or before?
My application was sent to the committee on 10/5 and haven't heard anything yet, but I understand that yours has been with them for a little longer. There should be another round of interview invites sent out soon. My advisor stated that interview invites are extended until march. I hope this eases some of your anxiety, I am going through the same thing.My application was sent to the admissions committee on 9/7 but I have not heard anything. Has anyone else also not heard anything and also had their app sent to review on that date or before?
Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find the questions that are on sdn? 😅I had it last year. It was very informal. The committee were very friendly. I would highly recommend you practice answering the questions that were provided on sdn.
So basically you’ll have 2 rounds in different breakout room on Zoom. Each with 2 committees, each will ask you one question but if you finish early, they’ll ask one more to get to know you or you can ask them questions. I think each round was 10-15min
My application still doesn't say anything. How do you know your application was sent to the committee?
My application still doesn't say anything. How do you know your application was sent to the committee?
I assume it was because my portal shows everything with green checkmarks. [emoji2370]
Also there is an email that gets sentI assume it was because my portal shows everything with green checkmarks. [emoji2370]
Congrats!! We have the same application timeline, I hope I hear something today!!Received the invite to interview today! For reference I submitted 9/16 but didn’t go complete until early October because I was working out a prereq thing.
Did you receive an email notification or just through the portal? CONGRATS 🎉Received the invite to interview today! For reference I submitted 9/16 but didn’t go complete until early October because I was working out a prereq thing.
I have green check marks on every thing but I have not gotten an email saying it has gone to a committee. The last email I have from them is telling me to make an account.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think some of the others in the chat mentioned that their portal looks the same as yours and they also didn’t receive that email either, and their advisor told them not to worry about it.I have green check marks on every thing but I have not gotten an email saying it has gone to a committee. The last email I have from them is telling me to make an account.
Thank you!! I received an email titled “Invitation to Interview: WesternU DVM” 🙂Did you receive an email notification or just through the portal? CONGRATS 🎉
Still waiting ✋️My application was sent to the admissions committee on 9/7 but I have not heard anything. Has anyone else also not heard anything and also had their app sent to review on that date or before?
Just finished my interview! The interviewers were so so nice and welcoming, it was pretty conversational. Good luck to everyone else interviewing!!
Just finished my interview! One round was very low stress and conversational, really enjoyed it! The other felt a little more like a classic interview so I was a little frazzled and scatter brained, but think I did ok [emoji43][emoji94]
I bet you did fantastic!
Last edited:
Probably Feb- marchAnyone know when they begin releasing decisions for those who have already interviewed in the first round?
Does anyone know if more interview dates open? The days available at the moment aren't ideal but I can move things around if they don't release more dates. I received my interview invite on Friday 11/17.
That's awesome!Interview invite 🥳 for those that already interviewed, were the interviewers faculty? Excited by even the remotest possibility of meeting Teresa Morishiita 🤩 need to reign in my fangirl
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you get the email? I am still waiting...eeekInterview invite! I am a second time applicant, I had an interview last year but unfortunately did not get in ( my interview did not go well). Hoping this time around goes better. 🙏
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
It says on their website all decisions will be released in March.
This year I received the invitation 11/17, last year I didn’t receive an invite until late January. So there’s still plenty of time that they’ll probably be sending out invites 🙂When did you get the email? I am still waiting...eeek
Wow ...late January! Okay I will hold on tight then. Thanks for letting me know. ;*)This year I received the invitation 11/17, last year I didn’t receive an invite until late January. So there’s still plenty of time that they’ll probably be sending out invites 🙂
I'm so nervous about not getting an interview. I love the idea of PBL and want at the very least to get an interview and visit the campus before just being rejected! I keep reading the website and falling more and more in love with the school ugh! Fingers crossed to those who haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone have any idea if we should stop hoping at this point?