Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am still waiting too! I emailed and they said they are still making determinations for further interviews, so I guess we just have to wait it out.Anybody get any emails? Still waiting here 🙄
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am still waiting too! I emailed and they said they are still making determinations for further interviews, so I guess we just have to wait it out.Anybody get any emails? Still waiting here 🙄
No acceptance emails are traditionaly not till marchThey haven’t send any acceptance emails right?
Sending you good thoughts!I am still waiting too! I emailed and they said they are still making determinations for further interviews, so I guess we just have to wait it out.
Dude literallyy same!! I felt relatively confident going into my first but got flustered during the second smh. Hoping for the best 🥹❤Had my interview last night, think it went 50/50 so fingers crossed and panicking until March 🥲
It doesn't mean anything in terms of chance.Do we know what it means to get an interview earlier or later? Does it mean anything in terms of our chance or it’s just random?
Do we know what it means to get an interview earlier or later? Does it mean anything in terms of our chance or it’s just random?
As far as I understood from advisors in the last few years, the timing is based on order they received apps because that’s how they review their applications. But, I am not aware of any correlation between interview timing and acceptances!Do we know what it means to get an interview earlier or later? Does it mean anything in terms of our chance or it’s just random?
I think it may be random. My niece applied 2 weeks after me and she recieved a denial a month ago. I have not heard anything 🤷♀️As far as I understood from advisors in the last few years, the timing is based on order they received apps because that’s how they review their applications. But, I am not aware of any correlation between interview timing and acceptances!
I'm so sorry, but I'm sure they loved you. Do you mind me asking what so flustering for you? I know this seems trivial, but I'm over here overthinking my outfit at this point along with everything else.Dude literallyy same!! I felt relatively confident going into my first but got flustered during the second smh. Hoping for the best 🥹❤
Thank you for such kind words. And tbh in the second interview I had been asked a question I really wasn’t prepared for and the interviewer had to reel me back in with my answer 🥲 but the second question I had felt better on so hopefully that saved me LOL when we checked in for the interview, I noticed there were some folk wearing business casual to casual. Probably best to wear something that makes you feel confident and isn’t distracting especially since they’re only seeing you from chest-up (I.e. whatever your camera angle shows). Regardless, I’m sure you’ll kill it 🤩 wishing you all the luck❤️I'm so sorry, but I'm sure they loved you. Do you mind me asking what so flustering for you? I know this seems trivial, but I'm over here overthinking my outfit at this point along with everything else.
I sent my application in just a couple days before the Sept 18 deadline, got email that they received it on Sept 24th and was invited to interview Nov 8th so I do not think it is random or in order of applying. I believe they offer interviews to their most qualified applicants first, and based off these posts they may do IS interview before OOS? I'm not sure on that but I do believe they rank the candidates and request interviews in order of who they are most interested in. This is my first time applying and only school I applied to! My interview was Dec 15 and I felt pretty good about the second session but for the first one I didn't know what to expect, and both questions were not on any documents I had reviewed so I had to think on the spot! I rambled a little bit coming up with one of the answers but I think I still did ok. I ended up finishing very early on the first session so I asked my own questions and conversed with them. GOOD LUCK!!! [RVT of 7 years, 11 years working in field]Do we know what it means to get an interview earlier or later? Does it mean anything in terms of our chance or it’s just random?
I did!Anyone wear their septum piercing for the interview? I know at the student Q&A there were quite a few vet students who had piercings.
i took out all my piercings and covered my tattoos- i figured better safe than sorry. septum’s easy too you can just flip it up into your noseAnyone wear their septum piercing for the interview? I know at the student Q&A there were quite a few vet students who had piercings.
I havent done this yet, are we supposed to ? I thought it wasnt until we hear back in marchDo we upload fall 2023 transcripts onto the portal?
I havent done this yet, are we supposed to ? I thought it wasnt until we hear back in march
I think it all depends on your situation :/ If you have the option to go to an in state school, then I think the savings from that are worth it. I may be wrong, but I think pretty much any other out of state is similar to Western pricing. If Western is far from home for you, I know some 4th year students plan most of their clinicals in their hometown so they can live with family and save money on rent for the 4th year! In general, vet school is a huge financial commitment regardless of where you go to school.has any one given thought to the tuition of the school? One of the vets I work with keeps saying its not worth it but idk LOL
has any one given thought to the tuition of the school? One of the vets I work with keeps saying its not worth it but idk LOL
I'm also not able to log in right now, maybe they're doing maintenance or something?Is anyone else having issues logging into the WesternU portal? I keep getting an error and it is freaking me out a bit.
I was just able to login fine on PC, so I think whatever was going on is over? Still no changes in my portal alsoI'm also not able to log in right now, maybe they're doing maintenance or something?
i just logged in too with no issue! Can't remember whether or not the scholarship blurb was there before. but for anyone interested theres an opportunity to apply for a scholarship, deadline is April 3!I was just able to login fine on PC, so I think whatever was going on is over? Still no changes in my portal also
Thank You!Hi! I have appeared to be summoned but will be posting here for the potential upcoming class. Yes, some people got off the waitlist as late as the 2nd day of orientation so I can understand the level of stress you guys may be under. I was out of state and had up and move everything to CA. Some people in my class were able to negotiate their leases but a lot of them had to sign on a new lease then were called off the waitlist and had to lose the deposit and pay the "breaking off" lease fee. Unfortunately, that is common, especially for those who are OOS. That being said, I moved two months before school started so that way I could aclimate, get all my ducks in a row, etc. Orientation typically starts the first two couple of weeks of the fall semester and then your white coat ceremony is at the end of your orientation week.
You'll do amazing!! CongratsGot a call last week to interview tomorrow. I just assumed that a rejection was coming so it was a surprise.
Does anyone know how many acceptances they end up sending out? I think it's more than the number of seats they have (which is around 110-112) if I'm not mistaken? Just wondering what percentage of students they interview end up being accepted. It's so nerve wracking having to wait until March!!
Is anyone else still waiting to hear about an interview? I have not heard anything from them since I got confirmation that they are still interviewing through this month.
I’m still waiting. It’s so nerve wracking and it makes me nervous that they send out rejections the same time as acceptances :/ I wish we’d know soonerIs anyone else still waiting to hear about an interview? I have not heard anything from them since I got confirmation that they are still interviewing through this month.
when they say "by march" does that mean we will hear back in february?For anyone waiting to hear back, this is info from the interview orientation document for this year. It is so nerve racking not having a specific date and I am not sure when the last round of interview invites goes out but I would reach out at least by March if you haven't heard anything by then. Wishing the best for you all, I hope this helps!! ❤️
Do any of y'all know if western is super GPA-heavy or more holistic in comparison to other vet schools?
Are people still doing interviews?
I've applied to Western in the past and honestly would say that it's probably one of the most holistic schools in comparison to other vet schools.Do any of y'all know if western is super GPA-heavy or more holistic in comparison to other vet schools?
do you know how many people they accepted from the interviews your year?I've applied to Western in the past and honestly would say that it's probably one of the most holistic schools in comparison to other vet schools.
do you know how many people they accepted from the interviews your year?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.