WesternU c/o 2028

Started by barkology
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think there's any point in me emailing or calling the admissions counselor on how much longer until I hear back about whether or not I would be getting off the waitlist? I know it's not a ranking or numbering system and I've heard from other sources that you're paired with a specific admitted student and only if they turn down their seat do you get an offer. But the people I've heard this from applied 2-3 years ago so I'm not sure if they still do this sort of waitlist system. If they do, I would like to know if the person I'm paired up with has accepted their seat or not so I know my chances and so I can start preparing to reapply again, but I'm not sure how I would bring this up to the admissions counselor.
 
Do you guys think there's any point in me emailing or calling the admissions counselor on how much longer until I hear back about whether or not I would be getting off the waitlist? I know it's not a ranking or numbering system and I've heard from other sources that you're paired with a specific admitted student and only if they turn down their seat do you get an offer. But the people I've heard this from applied 2-3 years ago so I'm not sure if they still do this sort of waitlist system. If they do, I would like to know if the person I'm paired up with has accepted their seat or not so I know my chances and so I can start preparing to reapply again, but I'm not sure how I would bring this up to the admissions counselor.

You can always ask. I will say when I asked last year they just gave me very vague answers saying that I could hear back any time until August. But they won’t tell you your chances of getting in or how they choose who gets pulled
 
Hey yall congrats on your acceptances !!! Here is the class page on FB if you have been looking for it!

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the current class number? The wait to be potentially pulled or not is killing me 😵
Oh my goodness me too! So I've been looking at the Facebook page that was recently tagged in here a few posts ago to give me a general idea of the current class number.. that is, assuming everyone who has accepted their seat already has joined that Facebook page...I know it's flawed but it's something..fingers crossed to us 🫂
 
Anyone know if the class is full yet or if they’re still taking people off the waitlist?
I was taken off the waitlist last Monday around 9:30 pm EST. I'm not sure about the class being full, however, the number of people in the Facebook page is currently at 71 as of today. Someone posted a link to the page a few posts ago. Good luck to you!
 
Honestly I would treat waitlists like rejections until you see otherwise. I am saying that only because so you can improve your applications with better experiences and honestly no one deserve to have their life be on standby. We had people like me that was pulled off the waitlist during the first wave to literally the second day of orientation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, did anyone else on the waitlist receive the "confirming interest" email again today? I am confused because I thought that classes had already started.

Thank you!