WesternU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@suavity queen There are options to remediate. From what I have seen from my classmates, if you fail, they will assign you a project to make up that failure.
Great! thats very reassuring! I wonder are finals cumulative or non cumulative?
and in general, what do you think about the curriculum at WesternU? curriculums really matter for me. Thank you so much!!!
 
Great! thats very reassuring! I wonder are finals cumulative or non cumulative?
and in general, what do you think about the curriculum at WesternU? curriculums really matter for me. Thank you so much!!!
Hello!

It really depends on the course and on the professor. Most exams have not been cumulative though. I was really happy about the curriculum at WesternU. We were definitely given enough time to study for each exam and enough review sessions were given to make each exam fair.
 
Hello!

It really depends on the course and on the professor. Most exams have not been cumulative though. I was really happy about the curriculum at WesternU. We were definitely given enough time to study for each exam and enough review sessions were given to make each exam fair.
Hello!

wow great! is the curriculum based on PBL ? or is it normal lectures (power points) ?
overall, do you think that WesternU's curriculum is slightly easier/ more laid-back that other dental schools ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I got an interview invite from western on the 11th of December, and it's currently scheduled for Feb, 5th.
Anyone know what percentage of interviewed students are accepted?

Also, i'm from OOS.
 
congrats! mind sharing ur stats and when you applied?
Interview #2
Notification date: 12/13
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: NY (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18/20/21/ Yes Bio 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/15
Method of interview: Virtual

🙂
 
Interview #2
Notification date: 12/13
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: NY (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18/20/21/ Yes Bio 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/15
Method of interview: Virtual

🙂
congrats! what number did they call from? did you get a email as well?
 
Hi everyone! I am from New England and honestly have no idea where to even start when it comes to looking for housing near Western. Is there any current student, alumni, or fellow applicant that can steer me in the right direction? I know they have campus living options. I don't know anything about living in CA, what a fair rent expense looks like, etc. I am a rather low maintanence person and would look for the cheapest option possible.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hello!

wow great! is the curriculum based on PBL ? or is it normal lectures (power points) ?
overall, do you think that WesternU's curriculum is slightly easier/ more laid-back that other dental schools ?
Hello! I definitely had a good time with the curriculum. No PBL but it is a hybrid learning system for sim lab and lecture based for didactic courses. What this means is we read about certain things prior to going into sim lab and do "content reinforcements" where we practice the actual skills after a short run down of what we read. I wouldn't say it's easier or laid back than other schools. I would say it has its challenges just like any other school. I hope this helps!
 
Hi everyone! I am from New England and honestly have no idea where to even start when it comes to looking for housing near Western. Is there any current student, alumni, or fellow applicant that can steer me in the right direction? I know they have campus living options. I don't know anything about living in CA, what a fair rent expense looks like, etc. I am a rather low maintanence person and would look for the cheapest option possible.

Thanks in advance!
Hi! It's expensive to live alone so you may want to find a roommate. WesternU has a roommate finder through this website. You can also look into various housing options listed on the same website if you absolutely do not want to live with someone else.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2
Notification date: 12/13
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: NY (OOS)
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/10/2020
Application complete date: 9/23/2020
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA/18/20/21/ Yes Bio 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/15
Method of interview: Virtual

🙂
Are you first time applicant or reapplicant?
 
Would like to know this as well. I have been emailing and not hearing back.
literally same!!! they no longer reply to my emails i didn’t even get a response when i sent my letter of interest. anyone have any luck reaching them ?
 
my pleasure. I never had problems reaching the admission representative assigned to my file (by last name, check the website or the portal for yours).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone still wondering, I actually just received a response from them stating that feb 5th is their last interview day for this cycle and invites for that are still being sent out. Hope that helps!
Really? When I called the admissions counselor ~2 weeks ago, she said they're having 2 more interview days on Feb 5th & Feb 15...maybe something changed? That's strange
 
Last edited:
Really? When I called the admissions counselor ~2 weeks ago, she said they're having 2 more interview days on Feb 5th & Feb 15...maybe something changed? That's strange
She only mentioned the 5th when she emailed me so Im sure not sure whats going on. It would be great if the 15th was open as well.
 
Hey everyone. I had a live chat with one of the admissions people and this is what he said about interviews. "Sorry, I just received a response, Feb 5th will be the last Interview Day for this cycle." 🙁
Did he say if they are done sending out invites for that date?
 
I actually just received an email saying invites can be sent up until the night before the interview from my advisor. At this point, not sure what to believe anymore but I’m keeping hope alive
i guess that's some good news, but i'm not really going to expect anything honestly lol
 
Just received an email saying my app is still with the committee:/ Anyone else got this email?
I only received that email two times and the last time I received it was back in December. Then it’s been radio silence, is that mean it’s soft rejection for me? 😢
 
I only received that email two times and the last time I received it was back in December. Then it’s been radio silence, is that mean it’s soft rejection for me? 😢
I got this email again yesterday. I am taking it as a soft rejection at this point as well.
 
I got this email again yesterday. I am taking it as a soft rejection at this point as well.
I got that email back in beginning of January. Now , nothing lol. I’m not very upset given how late I applied.. my DAT test was rescheduled 3 times... lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like even tho admissions said they will take covid into consideration, they never really did. A couple of my schools didn't accept virtual shadowing.
right!!! people who had to take their test late were not taken into consideration at all unless you had a 4.0 30
dat. the seats are all almost full...
 
I feel like even tho admissions said they will take covid into consideration, they never really did. A couple of my schools didn't accept virtual shadowing.
I agree, not every school took covid into consideration. But, I believe that WesternU takes more into consideration. Honestly, I thought about not applying this cycle because of how late I took my dat (October). I knew that I was cutting my chances more than in half by applying so late. Especially given how small WesternU’s class is.
 
I just received an email from WesternU stating that their last interview date is Feb 5th. Hmm, I think we all knew that already lol.
 
i sent a letter of interest and never heard from them... should i email them again? my advisor is very unresponsive, anyone else i can email??