WesternU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

i sent a letter of interest and never heard from them... should i email them again? my advisor is very unresponsive, anyone else i can email??
I sent one also and on my status page it showed that the letter was received. But, there hasn’t been anything else. If you go to their website and click on “contact us”, they have others you may be able to email.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent one also and on my status page it showed that the letter was received. But, there hasn’t been anything else. If you go to their website and click on “contact us”, they have others you may be able to email.
thanks for letting me know!! i dont see it on my status page so ill email them again!

thanks for letting me know!! i dont see it on my status page so ill email them again!
Oh, when I was sending my letter, my advisor told me to upload it to my status page. Under where it says “Upload Materials”. I didn’t email the letter. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, when I was sending my letter, my advisor told me to upload it to my status page. Under where it says “Upload Materials”. I didn’t email the letter. Hope this helps.
ohhh so do you think I should do that and not email?

i sent a letter of interest and never heard from them... should i email them again? my advisor is very unresponsive, anyone else i can email??
I sent them a little on Jan 8th with some updates and that I was interested. Nothing. I sent them another one about a week ago, and I got a reply back the next day after getting the generic "your app is still under review" email. At the end of it, it said "feel free to ask me if you have any questions." 😆

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I sent them a little on Jan 8th with some updates and that I was interested. Nothing. I sent them another one about a week ago, and I got a reply back the next day after getting the generic "your app is still under review" email. At the end of it, it said "feel free to ask me if you have any questions." 😆
right.. and they have like 6 advisors you think they would be better at responding. any other school i email they respond right away

ohhh so do you think I should do that and not email?
Maybe do both? I don’t want to say anything for certain because that was the instructions I got when I asked the advisor how to send the letter. I don’t think that’s the only way. :)

right.. and they have like 6 advisors you think they would be better at responding. any other school i email they respond right away
I want to say that the advisor I’m assigned, responds very quickly every time. But, imagine how many emails they get a day and everything else they need to do.

I interviewed yesterday and was wondering if I should send the Thank You email to my admissions counselor or is there a general admissions email?

Is it safe to assumes that rejection without interview will be send out on Monday?

Is it safe to assumes that rejection without interview will be send out on Monday?
I think they will come soon. Given that the 5th was their last interview day.

I interviewed yesterday and was wondering if I should send the Thank You email to my admissions counselor or is there a general admissions email?
I had an interview on the 15th of Jan and Kelsey told us that we can send her thank you note and she will forward it to our interviewers.

Last edited:
I got another “App with the committee” email this morning lol. I know that their last interview date was the 5th. Just waiting for the rejection 😬

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got another “App with the committee” email this morning lol. I know that their last interview date was the 5th. Just waiting for the rejection 😬
same..

Reactions: 1 users
Was the last interview date actually the 5th? I'm surprised they are done interviewing so early

Was the last interview date actually the 5th? I'm surprised they are done interviewing so early
that’s what the advisor told me when i emailed last week:( does anyone know if maybe they’ll have another if a lot of people give up their spots??

That’s what the advisor assigned to me said a few days ago when I emailed her. But, I didn’t receive a rejection letter yet and this morning I got “app with committee”. I don’t know anymore lol

Did you guys send a letter of interest? If so I was wondering how you guys wrote it

Did you guys send a letter of interest? If so I was wondering how you guys wrote it
I sent one in Jan. It wasn’t very long honestly. Just emphasized why I was interested in their program and how I would fit in. There is probably a better way of doing it than me though 😆 like first applying earlier than Nov. 🤨

was rejected today. applied mid october. notified via email

rejected as well! I guess a mass rejection was sent out?

rejected as well! I guess a mass rejection was sent out?
Yea, looks like who didn’t get interview were rejected. Their last interview day was the 5th.

With you all here -- rejected w 3.2 gpa, 23AA (lowest score was 20 on gchem), submitted at the end of the June. Felt like I did as much as I could do increase my chances last cycle.
Congrats to everyone who has interviewed and will be going off to dental school later this year!! What I'd give to be in your positions :')

With you all here -- rejected w 3.2 gpa, 23AA (lowest score was 20 on gchem), submitted at the end of the June. Felt like I did as much as I could do increase my chances last cycle.
Congrats to everyone who has interviewed and will be going off to dental school later this year!! What I'd give to be in your positions :')
Don’t be discouraged! Your DAT is great and gpa isn’t too bad either. Maybe, do more volunteering and shadowing 😌
Ask, to see what you can improve on your app. WesternU cares a lot about community service, maybe do more of that. Good luck!

• Care
western is the school that confuses me the most. i’ve seen people with lower stats get in. i’m sorry that happened to you but i’m sure you’ll hear from other schools soon your scores are impressive!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
@Rayka @shjdk1921
Thank you both for taking the time to respond and share words of encouragement!!
I spoke with Western admissions advisor near the end of December and she said that my profile looked strong all around, that all I could do was wait. And wait I did HAHA. I sent out letters of interest and updates after the first round of decisions in December.
I've been virtually shadowing since November, and since volunteering has always been an important part of my life, I've continued doing that throughout college and even now during covid. When I sent in my apps, I had over 100 hours of shadowing and probably over 300 hours of community service, logged in over the course of college and this past year. Thankfully, I don't feel bitter about other people getting in, I just wish I knew exactly what ingredient I was missing in my recipe. I really do appreciate the feedback though, more shadowing and volunteering never hurt anyone! It's a fascinating field, I love seeing professionals who are so passionate about what they do and love sharing their work. And through volunteering, I've learned so much about different communities that I've been a part of. We'll see where the next few months of waiting take me.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
@Rayka @shjdk1921
Thank you both for taking the time to respond and share words of encouragement!!
I spoke with Western admissions advisor near the end of December and she said that my profile looked strong all around, that all I could do was wait. And wait I did HAHA. I sent out letters of interest and updates after the first round of decisions in December.
I've been virtually shadowing since November, and since volunteering has always been an important part of my life, I've continued doing that throughout college and even now during covid. When I sent in my apps, I had over 100 hours of shadowing and probably over 300 hours of community service, logged in over the course of college and this past year. Thankfully, I don't feel bitter about other people getting in, I just wish I knew exactly what ingredient I was missing in my recipe. I really do appreciate the feedback though, more shadowing and volunteering never hurt anyone! It's a fascinating field, I love seeing professionals who are so passionate about what they do and love sharing their work. And through volunteering, I've learned so much about different communities that I've been a part of. We'll see where the next few months of waiting take me.
No matter where you go, you’ll do great. Now we wait. 😊

Reactions: 2 users
@Rayka @shjdk1921
not sure what exactly they are looking for either.. you seem like a very strong candidate, please dont lose any hope yet! i really think you will hear from more schools soon. this is a very discouraging time and all we can do is unfortunately wait.

rejected with no interview- 3.30 cGPA, 3.07 sGPA, 19 DAT
expected it but it still hurt, congrats to those who were accepted!

Rejection without interview as well.
It was nice that we were all mostly expecting it because everyone on this thread communicated the last interview day was 2/5. I feel I try not to be on sdn too much, but it’s times like these it’s nice to have a community of communication to make the process easier 😀

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected here too ... GPA: 3.5 DAT: AA 22 TS 23 PAT 16, Masters in Cell & Molecular Bio (GPA 3.58)

I thought, my PAT was the reason, now looking at other people Stats, I don't know.

Rejected here too ... GPA: 3.5 DAT: AA 22 TS 23 PAT 16, Masters in Cell & Molecular Bio (GPA 3.58)

I thought, my PAT was the reason, now looking at other people Stats, I don't know.
with stats like that + a masters degree Im surprised you didnt get an interview...really dont know what these schools are looking for at this point

Really? with that Stats? What the hell are they looking for? You should be rejecting them....
i know someone with same exact stats as me, less hours in both shadowing and community service and no masters (i’m currently in a masters) and they got a interview. so i have NO idea what they’re looking for..

got rejected yesterday!

GPA 3.75. (a lot of upper-division bio classes) , 20AA
500+ hours volunteer
2000 hours of academic tutoring/ mentoring
2 years of Biochem research
worked as a dental assistant full time

got rejected yesterday!

GPA 3.75. (a lot of upper-division bio classes) , 20AA
500+ hours volunteer
2000 hours of academic tutoring/ mentoring
2 years of Biochem research
worked as a dental assistant full time
Very impressive! When did u apply if you don’t mind me asking?

kinda sucks how at the end of the rejection, they say don't ask them on tips for improving. just retake dat, more classes, maybe post bac or masters. i pretty much did all though minus the masters, but i picked up more volunteering and shadowing lol. maybe it's the personality they got from reading secondary and PS :(

• Care
kinda sucks how at the end of the rejection, they say don't ask them on tips for improving. just retake dat, more classes, maybe post bac or masters. i pretty much did all though minus the masters, but i picked up more volunteering and shadowing lol. maybe it's the personality they got from reading secondary and PS :(
i was thinking about this the other day too. I struggled with sooo much during undergrad and sacrificed a lot to get the best possible grade and graduate with a 3.7 from a very competitive program. Now all of my hard work is just a number to all admissions offices and it won't even really stand out in comparison to all my peers who have way better stats. If the admissions want to choose applicants, they could easily weed out uncompetitive applicants and find odd ways (small details in a LOR or secondaries) to evaluate the competitive ones.

at the end of the day, it feels like everything is up to those few individuals who read your app. they could easily find a reason to reject most applicants.

• Care
I agree.. they’re looking for something or simply there were too many applicants. For me personally, I have place to improve my dat. I don’t know if that was the reason though. I applied late November. Don’t do masters if you don’t want, that’s just more money spent and time. 😒