This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpmebecomeaDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!
I'm currently in the process of applying to a lot of schools: Baylor, Miami (my undergrad), Duke, Belmont, USF, UCF, UF.
I took my GRE today and wasn't pleased with my scores. I got a 159V and 155Q. I know I could have done a lot better on the quantitative portion I just got really nervous with the time. I know I am a good test taker (I got a 35 on my ACT). However, I had to get a 50% off fee waiver just to afford the GRE the first time and I was wondering if it's worth paying the 200 dollars to take it again?
Also, do you think approx. 150 hours in a variety of settings is enough? I graduated high school with my AA degree so I've had little to no time to get hours together and it seems like everything is moving so fast! Should I worry? I'm in the works of trying to get at least 30 more before my first deadline on Oct. 15
GPA: approx. 3.97 (got an A- and a B somewhere along the way)
Thank you!!! How did you guys do with that stuff? (This is my first post btw) and what schools did you get into?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You sound exactly like me. Lol. I finished my AA degree in high school as well. 3.94 GPA slightly lower verbal score. Your GRE scores are good though do not retake lol. Maybe if your writing comes in and it's a 3.5 or less then think about retaking but your quant and verb are good. I just finished applying and I'm 19 lol probably the same as you. It was a little difficult only having the one year to get observation hours like you said (I got 150 and 120 in progress, 5 different settings). With that, my work experience and extracurriculars are lacking due to the lack of time. You're fine though, GRE and GPA tend to be the biggest factors for admissions anyway. You'll probably get into most schools that you applied to. And YES, everything does seem like it's moving fast lol! E-submitted 2 weeks ago and waiting for verification and 2 more LORs! Keep me updated!

Your stats look solid! I wouldn't retake it unless you know it'll increase significantly and you don't mind spending the $200.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think those GRE scores look fine. They are certainly competitive and, coupled with a high GPA, you are probably in good shape in those areas.

Good luck!

You sound exactly like me. Lol. I finished my AA degree in high school as well. 3.94 GPA slightly lower verbal score. Your GRE scores are good though do not retake lol. Maybe if your writing comes in and it's a 3.5 or less then think about retaking but your quant and verb are good. I just finished applying and I'm 19 lol probably the same as you. It was a little difficult only having the one year to get observation hours like you said (I got 150 and 120 in progress, 5 different settings). With that, my work experience and extracurriculars are lacking due to the lack of time. You're fine though, GRE and GPA tend to be the biggest factors for admissions anyway. You'll probably get into most schools that you applied to. And YES, everything does seem like it's moving fast lol! E-submitted 2 weeks ago and waiting for verification and 2 more LORs! Keep me updated!

Wow!! I haven't met another AA grad/ Pre-PT! do you happen to be from Florida? It's the only state I've even heard of kids doing the dual-enrollment track. 19 over here too... go us! Where did you apply to? I'm waiting on the possibility of more hours before I apply

Your stats look solid! I wouldn't retake it unless you know it'll increase significantly and you don't mind spending the $200.
That's what I'm worried about! Over 20 hours of work to maybe get a point higher on the GRE? idk. That's IF I get a higher

Wow!! I haven't met another AA grad/ Pre-PT! do you happen to be from Florida? It's the only state I've even heard of kids doing the dual-enrollment track. 19 over here too... go us! Where did you apply to? I'm waiting on the possibility of more hours before I apply
:D ! I am actually from Michigan. I definitely have heard that Florida is the "Dual Enrollment" state! My friend talked about how she Dual enrolled in Florida. My school didn't really emphasize dual enrollment, I had to pull teeth for them to let me! I applied to Mayo Clinic, Oakland University, Central Michigan University, and Grand Valley State University (3/4 are michigan schools). I think your hours are fine tbh. I would just submit as soon as possible. It's awesome finding someone so similar to me.. haha! It was always a weird time telling people that I was a "freshman" but technically a junior all the time. Being ahead has its ups and downs. Grad school is coming so fast! Considering a gap year but probably not!

Coupled with your GPA, I would say you are in great shape, assuming your AW is 4.0+. I had a higher GRE and took it again due to a low AW score and a low cgpa and these would be the only reasons I would recommend someone with a 314 retake it.