what happened to psai?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
He got banned for putting down DO physicians, calling DO schools 'not real medical schools.' Even after the mods modified his post, he went back and changed it. I mean he's funny, I enjoy his 'asl' posts but his anti-DO stuff gets old quick and I am surprised he lasted that long.

Reactions: 6 users
He had 11K posts... He should go to twitter where people have a thicker skin

Reactions: 1 users
He had 11K posts... He should go to twitter where people have a thicker skin
Posts are not the same as followers just FYI.

You are giving terrible advice. Many DOs serve as academic faculty, private practice group partners all across the country. Instead of telling him to change his bigoted POV, you tell him to go broadcast it in another social media channel. Nice! That will serve him well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just the latest in a long line of once decent SDN contributors that decided to go off the rails and get banned or disappear for all eternity.

Reactions: 8 users
Recently he was getting pretty aggressive on some of the other forums, not just the offhand comedy but sometimes straight up nasty towards students and the like. I’m sure he was warned, unfortunately.

I’m glad we are not all in an office building or else I would be concerned that a mad gunman might walk in and shoot up the place. People these days are nutz.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good riddance. There’s only two users on SDN who I’ve consistently thought were, well, if I say I’ll be end up with the same fate as psai (Hint: it’s a body part). Can’t say I’ve ever found his posts in other forums tolerable. I’m frankly surprised it took this long.

I’m glad we are not all in an office building or else I would be concerned that a mad gunman might walk in and shoot up the place. People these days are nutz.

Oh snap. “Verified expert.” What does that mean? Seems fancy.

Another thought, we all need to have somewhat thicker skin as well. There is no place for derogatory comments but this is just a forum full of strangers. Why do we let others that we don’t even know get under our skin? We should blow things off more.

I am guilty as well. Psai made a remark that I thought was a bit over the top so I called him/her on it. We ended up having a quick but cordial PM conversation and all was well. He actually apologized so I was surprised when I saw the banning. I guess I didn’t visit the other sites were he was making these statements. I will say this though, I think there is a difference between calling someone a dumbarse and making derogatory statements about their training education race or gender. That’s a line I wouldn’t cross and I expect others not to cross as well. So I support the administrators here if that was the issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Good riddance. There’s only two users on SDN who I’ve consistently thought were, well, if I say I’ll be end up with the same fate as psai (Hint: it’s a body part). Can’t say I’ve ever found his posts in other forums tolerable. I’m frankly surprised it took this long.

Who's the other?

The moderation on this site is heavy handed on the premed and med student forums (or maybe more sensitive people reporting?). You have to be much more careful there.

With the way many incoming medical students are, I am not surprised that things are happening on that side.

Careful, Sport.....

The moderation on this site is heavy handed on the premed and med student forums (or maybe more sensitive people reporting?). You have to be much more careful there.
He was basically fighting for the right to say DO schools aren't real medical schools and DO students and DOs deserve to be disrespected as physicians. He was always quite elitist, but once he became a resident he had to dial it up so that he could still put down colleagues since your undergrad and medical school don't matter as much once you're in residency

Its important to note that barring major problems (like doxxing someone) established posters don't get banned from a single incident. Dude had been on probation/post hold a number of times that I can remember. At some point you just have to say "enough is enough".

Reactions: 5 users
Its important to note that barring major problems (like doxxing someone) established posters don't get banned from a single incident. Dude had been on probation/post hold a number of times that I can remember. At some point you just have to say "enough is enough".
I understand. But as someone who has been put on a 1 month hold or whatever you call it for pretty mundane stuff it becomes a slippery slope.

He was basically fighting for the right to say DO schools aren't real medical schools and DO students and DOs deserve to be disrespected as physicians. He was always quite elitist, but once he became a resident he had to dial it up so that he could still put down colleagues since your undergrad and medical school don't matter as much once you're in residency
I know lol. I’m a DO. He has said his fair amount of **** to me.

Technically all of SDN has the same Terms Of Service. The anesthesia forum is a bit more laissez faire; in ye olden days of the 2000s it was much more of a free-for-all. For a while we were so special that we lived on another subdomain barely under the SDN umbrella. Gradually that has changed.

Psai often made me laugh, because I think sarcasm and snarkiness are funny when there's no real bite behind it. He seemed to have pretty good clinical instincts, and I would have liked to see how his contributions changed over the next few years. But there are some things that the modmin staff have to intervene on. The threshold for action is well over the impolite or snarky line, and there is a lot of slack given to people who've been here a long time. But you spend enough time toeing or stepping over that line, either the line has to get enforced or there's no point in having a line.

Reactions: 7 users

This is true and moderation on SDN is evolving over time and is a perpetual source of discussion amongst staff. I don't regularly read those forums but the moderation is in line with what the users want and expect and also with other major sites.

The moderation on this forum is more "lenient" since most everybody here is used to each other and usually everybody has their say and then moves on however the mods on this forum still do our best to "toe the line":prof:

So what do you think psai’s new username is going to be?

Reactions: 11 users
It means that everything I say Is verified and therefore nobody can argue with me from here on out. :soexcited:
tenor.gif

:)

I know lol. I’m a DO. He has said his fair amount of **** to me.
And yet you have survived.
Thin skin is not a quality that serve many well in medicine. We are much better off if we let passing comments by random people slide as you probably have done here more than once.
Or we can do as I have tried to do and challenge the snarky poster clinically. Seems to work most of the time. And they get really pissed when you don’t fight back on their level.

Pre-med forum is land of the snowflakes, gotta tread VERY lightly

Reactions: 10 users
this may be just my hospital but here the anesthesiology department is also pretty different from the rest of the hospital. a lot more relaxed. when i rotated on other services, pretty much everyone called their attending dr blah. in anesthesiology here it's mostly first name basis, you can joke around, text, throw out f bombs in random convos, etc

I’m really hoping med school and residency toughens these people up. Good lord.
Just sick the OB nurses on them, their skin will thicken up real quick.

I’m really hoping med school and residency toughens these people up. Good lord.

Just sick the OB nurses on them, their skin will thicken up real quick.

I don't know if I'd read too much into all that. The stats tell us that a large majority of them won't get into medical school. We're not really looking at a cohort of future doctors.

The kids'll be all right. (The ones that make it, anyway.)

Reactions: 4 users
Eh. He was elitist (he changed his attitude in a PM for the worse when I revealed I'm a DO student) but I'm kinda used to that. Must have went on a real tirade.

Posts are not the same as followers just FYI.

You are giving terrible advice. Many DOs serve as academic faculty, private practice group partners all across the country. Instead of telling him to change his bigoted POV, you tell him to go broadcast it in another social media channel. Nice! That will serve him well.
I think what he was trying to say was that a 11K member should almost NEVER get banned for life. He should have been sent away for a few days to chill, next time for a few more days, then for a few weeks, but there are very few things that should get an old an active member banned for life. I can see Psai "looking for it", but still banning somebody like him for life sends exactly one very dangerous message: this forum doesn't care about the people who contribute to it.

I have decades of activity on online forums, and I have personally seen some very poor moderation on this forum (not from our section mods). It occasionally borders autocratic policing (i.e. "my way or the highway"). It was addressed to me from a low userid moderator, and I chose to avoid confrontation, but I felt incredibly disrespected.

Btw, if IMGs were badmouthed on the forum on a regular basis (which they are), I would call it free speech.

I think what he was trying to say was that a 11K member should almost NEVER get banned for life. He should have been sent away for a few days to chill, next time for a few more days, then for a few weeks, but there are very few things that should get an old an active member banned for life. I can see Psai "looking for it", but still banning somebody like him for life sends exactly one very dangerous message: this forum doesn't care about the people who contribute to it.

I have decades of activity on online forums, and I have personally seen some very poor moderation on this forum (not from our section mods). It occasionally borders autocratic policing (i.e. "my way or the highway"). It was addressed to me from a low userid moderator, and I chose to avoid confrontation, but I felt incredibly disrespected.
How many warnings before you get banned?

There has to be a limit at some point.

I don't agree with that at all. From what I can tell, the guy toed/crossed the line too many times. There's only so many speeding tickets one can get before you get your license taken away.

Plus it ain't like the guy can't just create a new account and start posting again.

How many warnings before you get banned?

There has to be a limit at some point.
You don't need a limit, just longer and longer "vacations". At one point, maturity kicks in.

You cannot say to a person: you've been fine for n thousand posts, but now you wrote something we don't like, so please go to hell.

I can see Psai "looking for it", but still banning somebody like him for life sends exactly one very dangerous message: this forum doesn't care about the people who contribute to it.

No.

He pushed the limits.

He got canned and he did it to himself. It’s on him.

No.

He pushed the limits.

He got canned and he did it to himself. It’s on him.
I am sure, Arch. I can see him do all the wrong things. Rule #1: don't talk back to the police. Just do what the man in uniform says. He probably did talk back, which probably pissed people off even more.

Still, the world is not a better place because he got banned, and neither is SDN I am afraid. It takes a village... to raise a kid.

You don't need a limit, just longer and longer "vacations". At one point, maturity kicks in.

You cannot say to a person: you've been fine for n thousand posts, but now you wrote something we don't like, so please go to hell.
Except that's not what happened at all. He's been on post hold and probation probably a dozen times.

I don't agree with that at all. From what I can tell, the guy toed/crossed the line too many times. There's only so many speeding tickets one can get before you get your license taken away.

Plus it ain't like the guy can't just create a new account and start posting again.
Except that a member who contributes to SDN does more than a driver on the highway. This forum is the totality of our contributions, some more valuable some less.

I understand that there is a need to draw the line at some point, but this forum exists mostly because of prolific posters like him, not because of the people who post less than 100 messages in 10 years. People like him are like the tabloids, but the noise they make opens the door for great answers from the "Pulitzer-prize winning" members, and for long discussions that may otherwise not happen. That's all I am trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.