what happened to psai?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure, Arch. I can see him do all the wrong things. Rule #1: don't talk back to the police. Just do what the man in uniform says. He probably did talk back, which probably pissed people off even more.

Still, the world is not a better place because he got banned, and neither is SDN I am afraid. It takes a village... to raise a kid.

I disagree. I will enjoy SDN more without psai.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Me too, probably. As I mentioned, he has been on my ignore list in the past.

I don't like where SDN is heading. They are banning people for not being PC. Have you noticed that they are now calling midlevels and RNs "Clinicians" and "medical providers"? No physician would ever call them as such in private, but SDN does it, because it's politically correct and it serves the SJW agenda that many of its members share.

Anyway, I'll stop here, because I don't want to join Psai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Plenty of people on here call themselves "providers" which I hate. I hate it in real life as well and I tend to say to docs who do that to stop.
Let's just murky up the waters more and more. So many nurses at all our conferences and attendings inviting all their NP's friends. I wonder if they invite us to their conferences. Maybe so, but I have never looked.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I don't like where SDN is heading. They are banning people for not being PC. Have you noticed that they are now calling midlevels and RNs "Clinicians" and "medical providers"? No physician would ever call them as such in private, but SDN does it, because it's politically correct and it serves the SJW agenda that many of its members share.

You raise good and valid points, FFP. And I don’t think you risk any retribution.
But I see things like this. We have all had or seen physicians act badly but nothing ever happens to them because they bring in good money. But if a physician acts badly and is also a poor physician they seem to be dealt with harshly. The rules seem to be different for different people. I think this is wrong. And correctl me if I’m wrong but keeping an SDN member around and tolerating poor behavior because they contribute to the discussion or have been around for eons when we wouldn’t tolerate the same from a new member just doesn’t sit well with me. We should all behave appropriately. It’s completely appropriate to argue. It’s inappropriate to personally attack.

However, I said earlier that I believe we all would benefit from some thicker skin.

And as far as the SDN moderation goes, we don’t have all of the information on this situation therefore, we can’t comment on the situation. The mods here are very good at remaining neutral and not discussing these sorts of issues. If you are on this site then you pretty much need to trust their actions. When mods don’t agree with the administration or get too worked up then they might find themselves removed. I know. I was one of them that was removed if you recall. It involved JPP and I went to his defense quite vigorously. It changed how the Anesthesia forum was policed. We gained some freedoms that other forums don’t enjoy. But Psai must have thought that those freedoms were also in other forums. So he may have been given more leaway on the anesthesia forum because we are all a bit more tolerant or have thicker skin than the other forums. But he must have crossed the line on other forums. I’m sure he was warned adequately.

Reactions: 1 users
Had it been the Anesthesia section mods, you wouldn't have heard a peep from me. I have implicit trust in them, otherwise I wouldn't bother wasting my time here.

But, from my previous escapades on other SDN forums, I have learned why this is one of the most successful ones (and why I dislike spending time on most others): it has to do A LOT with the mods.

Btw, I have been a minority my entire life, and discriminated accordingly. There are two ways to approach this: one is to whine in a SJW way that it's not "polite" or "nice" etc., which won't fix crap, just create more resentment. (The biggest pogroms in WWII were in countries and cities where antisemitism had been taboo before the war, not where Jews had been persecuted, so shutting people up doesn't fix anything.) The second approach is to beat the majority at its own game, proving them wrong every day by actually being better than them and valuable, until people start noticing. Now that's much harder, but it also produces societal change, while the free speech allows healthy venting, and decreases anger and violence. Interdicting people's biases doesn't fix them; it just sanitizes the environment momentarily while creating "MDR bugs". And that's why I don't respect SJW and political correctness (especially when disguised as "politeness").

SDN may be a better place now that Psai was banned, but the world is not, and Psai will not be a better person either. And he will still think that DOs suck, and people who share his opinions will continue to think them in private, instead of having a healthy debate on SDN why DOs are as valuable as MDs.

Had it been the Anesthesia section mods, you wouldn't have heard a peep from me. I have implicit trust in them, otherwise I wouldn't bother wasting my time here.

But, from my previous escapades on other SDN forums, I have learned why this is one of the most successful ones (and why I dislike spending time on most others): it has to do A LOT with the mods.
That’s correct. But also while we are afforded certain liberties on this forum those liberties don’t cross over into the other forums. That’s the turf of other mods. I think the biggest contribution I made to this forum was that I managed to argue that we can police ourselves to a certain degree and that outside mods do not have the liberty to come here and police us. But I will also say that this freedom does not make things easy for our mods. And I’m sure they take some heat from the other mods as I did. So everyone should take this all into account.

Reactions: 2 users

his services will be missed here , at least in this forum. i dont read the rest of SDN after med school. i find premed/MD sections to be fairly annoying. not many people have 11k posts. we need activity on this forum and like what someone above said, he contributes and helps start interesting topics/discussions

Reactions: 1 user
That’s correct. But also while we are afforded certain liberties on this forum those liberties don’t cross over into the other forums. That’s the turf of other mods. I think the biggest contribution I made to this forum was that I managed to argue that we can police ourselves to a certain degree and that outside mods do not have the liberty to come here and police us. But I will also say that this freedom does not make things easy for our mods. And I’m sure they take some heat from the other mods as I did. So everyone should take this all into account.
Can't agree more (and thank you). This forum wouldn't be the success it is without our mods. Me, myself and I would have probably been banned or left a long time ago.

Its important to note that barring major problems (like doxxing someone) established posters don't get banned from a single incident. Dude had been on probation/post hold a number of times that I can remember. At some point you just have to say "enough is enough".

Does 600 posts count as established?

Pretty good summary by @FFP and @Noyac - Have thick skin, be nice to each other, but at the same time the spirit of this forum is to exchange ideas.

The thing that would lay my curiosities to bed is actually seeing what Psai said. We could argue theoretic all we want. But i'm curious on what he actually said. We may never know the details, but for those that do know the details, let me ask it this way:

If the word DO was replaced with CRNA. Would he have gotten banned for life in this sub forum? That serves as litmus test for me.

Weighing the good and the bad: it's really hard to believe that anything he said was egregious enough to outweigh his 11k post contribution (if 1% of his posts were constructive, that's still 100 SOLID GOOD POSTS!!). But at the same time the mods made it very clear how many warnings he got.

The MOST disheartening part of the story for me: for better or for worse, @Psai spent a solid portion of his life on here as a part of us. There are many constructive ways to discipline somebody that doesn't involve a permanent censorship. like @FFP said: make Psai debate someone about the merits. Ban him from a certain sub-forum. Or give even progressively longer time outs. From my experience, my world view and ideas were broadened because of him. Sometimes a contrarian idea is necessary if for nothing but letting us see all the angles (@FFP in 1 sentence). I would personally welcome him back in the Anesthesiology forum any time.

Disclaimer: i had no idea what was said or what his discipline history was. But with 11k posts, he prob has roots in the source code of this forum.

Last edited:
Btw, I have been a national minority my entire life, and discriminated accordingly. There are two ways to approach this: one is to whine in a SJW way that it's.
his services will be missed here , at least in this forum. i dont read the rest of SDN after med school. i find premed/MD sections to be fairly annoying. not many people have 11k posts. we need activity on this forum and like what someone above said, he contributes and helps start interesting topics/discussions

He had been fairly pejorative in the EM forum previously. I do EM and CCM. I spend most of my time in the EM forum and some here as I learn a bunch from you guys, and y’all obviously cross over into critical care a great deal. The EM forum is pretty good, too. I wouldn’t dare step foot in the premed forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m pretty sure he won’t be back.

And to answer the DO to CRNA question. I will say this, one is one of us and the other is trying to usurp us. They are therefore not the same.

Reactions: 11 users
Except that's not what happened at all. He's been on post hold and probation probably a dozen times.
I don’t know my total number of holds. But I’ve had 2 in the past year. And both were absolutely ridiculous. Feel free to PM me if you want details. I doubt you do lol.

I’m just saying. Number of holds when some, most, or all could be nonsense isn’t necessarily the best barometer for measuring a posters worth.

He had been fairly pejorative in the EM forum previously. I do EM and CCM. I spend most of my time in the EM forum and some here as I learn a bunch from you guys, and y’all obviously cross over into critical care a great deal. The EM forum is pretty good, too. I wouldn’t dare step foot in the premed forum.

Yea although im on this forum 99% of the time, the other 1% is on the CCM/EM forums!

Recently he was getting pretty aggressive on some of the other forums, not just the offhand comedy but sometimes straight up nasty towards students and the like. I’m sure he was warned, unfortunately.

Hi sweetie

Pretty good summary by @FFP and @Noyac - Have thick skin, be nice to each other, but at the same time the spirit of this forum is to exchange ideas.

The thing that would lay my curiosities to bed is actually seeing what Psai said. We could argue theoretic all we want. But i'm curious on what he actually said. We may never know the details, but for those that do know the details, let me ask it this way:

If the word DO was replaced with CRNA. Would he have gotten banned for life in this sub forum? That serves as litmus test for me.

Weighing the good and the bad: it's really hard to believe that anything he said was egregious enough to outweigh his 11k post contribution (if 1% of his posts were constructive, that's still 100 SOLID GOOD POSTS!!). But at the same time the mods made it very clear how many warnings he got.

The MOST disheartening part of the story for me: for better or for worse, @Psai spent a solid portion of his life on here as a part of us. There are many constructive ways to discipline somebody that doesn't involve a permanent censorship. like @FFP said: make Psai debate someone about the merits. Ban him from a certain sub-forum. Or give even progressively longer time outs. From my experience, my world view and ideas were broadened because of him. Sometimes a contrarian idea is necessary if for nothing but letting us see all the angles (@FFP in 1 sentence). I would personally welcome him back in the Anesthesiology forum any time.

Disclaimer: i had no idea what was said or what his discipline history was. But with 11k posts, he prob has roots in the source code of this forum.

He said something along the line of 'DO schools are not real medical schools' so it doesn't make much sense to replace the word DO with CRNA in your litmus test. I have been lurking around for a while and I am familiar with his ideals and I am glad that he's finally banned. It wasn't the first time for him to try to stir up something or to remind someone that they are a 'lesser physician.'

And I feel a little wary that the comparison between CRNA and DO even comes up. In what scenario would this litmus test be applicable? Maybe I am reading it wrong. I guess the MD vs. DO thing still extends beyond the medical school stage.

I wholeheartedly agree with the mod that banned him. This will be the downfall of the physicians eventually. With the NP/CRNA/PA charging from all fronts, there's still quarrels and quibbles among the doctors themselves to see who are the more 'superior' physicians. MD ****ting on DO/IMG/FMG, one specialty vs. another. There is no unity. Can we all just get along?

I’m pretty sure he won’t be back.

And to answer the DO to CRNA question. I will say this, one is one of us and the other is trying to usurp us. They are therefore not the same.

well, i think you're missing my point: if we can say that about CRNAs and not get banned in this forum. He was not banned based on what he said, but who he said it to. which is a infringement on free speech because the ban is not 100% based on the toxicity of his comments.

I guess he won't be back.... @AcidBase23 got insta-banned :dead::dead: HAHAHAHA

He said something along the line of 'DO schools are not real medical schools' so it doesn't make much sense to replace the word DO with CRNA in your litmus test. I have been lurking around for a while and I am familiar with his ideals and I am glad that he's finally banned. It wasn't the first time for him to try to stir up something or to remind someone that they are a 'lesser physician.'

And I feel a little wary that the comparison between CRNA and DO even comes up. In what scenario would this litmus test be applicable? Maybe I am reading it wrong. I guess the MD vs. DO thing still extends beyond the medical school stage.

I wholeheartedly agree with the mod that banned him. This will be the downfall of the physicians eventually. With the NP/CRNA/PA charging from all fronts, there's still quarrels and quibbles among the doctors themselves to see who are the more 'superior' physicians. MD ****ting on DO/IMG/FMG, one specialty vs. another. There is no unity. Can we all just get along?

Disclaimer: i had no clue what was said and I do not know @Psai besides from seeing his posts on the forum. I do not favor MDs or DOs. I personally know DO schools that I would recommend to my loved ones before a whole list of ****ty MD schools.

But the point of my comment is not about how DOs and CRNAs are comparable. The reason why my litmus test uses CRNAs is because we say things about them (mostly true) that could be taken by any CRNA as egregious or toxic. But we allow those things to be said about CRNAs. Whatever he said about DOs, if we can replace it with CRNAs, then his content was not that toxic and he was banned based on more than content of his message. He was banned because of the people he said it to. Which technically is infringing on free speech.

I get that this forum isn't bound by free speech. But if we are to be good scientists, we have to see the difference in banning him based on content or banning him because he said it to the wrong person. I am not comparing DOs to CRNAs, that's not the point of my litmus test. The point of the litmus test is to test the content of the message. If his message would be allowed and wouldn't result in a ban simply by changing the subject matter of the message, then he was banned based on MORE THAN CONTENT. That's the whole point i'm trying to make. One can argue that is a slippery slope, but i'm gonna stop at simply making my point clear. The litmus test works BECAUSE DOs and CRNAs are so different. We can change the subject of the message to test the content of the message.

Personally I disagree with him wholeheartedly. DOs are doctors that passed literally the same tests as MDs. They are equals, different only in accreditation of the medical school they attended.

But I also see the value of someone screaming that in my ear and having me see his perspective. He's wrong. But I see why he's wrong. And my world view would be broader for it.

Last edited:
A lot of you are totally overestimating how easy it is to get your post count up. Secondly, I've been on this forum for greater than ten years and have only ever gotten one warning as far as I can remember. Point being that it is VERY easy to get along with people and still get your point across. Lastly, the guy can easily come back as psai2 or 2psai or Psy with a korean guy avatar. If he REALLY cared about contributing and such then he would come back. Otherwise he was just a guy that posted from time to time... no big deal.
"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Disclaimer: i had no clue what was said and I do not know @Psai besides from seeing his posts on the forum. I do not favor MDs or DOs. I personally know DO schools that I would recommend to my loved ones before a whole list of ****ty MD schools.

But the point of my comment is not about how DOs and CRNAs are comparable. The reason why my litmus test uses CRNAs is because we say things about them (mostly true) that could be taken by any CRNA as egregious or toxic. But we allow those things to be said about CRNAs. Whatever he said about DOs, if we can replace it with CRNAs, then his content was not that toxic and he was banned based on more than content of his message. He was banned because of the people he said it to. Which technically is infringing on free speech.

I get that this forum isn't bound by free speech. But if we are to be good scientists, we have to see the difference in banning him based on content or banning him because he said it to the wrong person. I am not comparing DOs to CRNAs, that's not the point of my litmus test. The point of the litmus test is to test the content of the message. If his message would be allowed and wouldn't result in a ban simply by changing the subject matter of the message, then he was banned based on MORE THAN CONTENT. That's the whole point i'm trying to make. One can argue that is a slippery slope, but i'm gonna stop at simply making my point clear. The litmus test works BECAUSE DOs and CRNAs are so different. We can change the subject of the message to test the content of the message.

Personally I disagree with him wholeheartedly. DOs are doctors that passed literally the same tests as MDs. They are equals, different only in accreditation of the medical school they attended.

But I also see the value of someone screaming that in my ear and having me see his perspective. He's wrong. But I see why he's wrong. And my world view would be broader for it.
Gotcha. I think his downfall is the sass:content ratio a little too high.

That's not a good reason to ban someone. Slippery slope.
I mean I don't know the exact details behind his banning or his previous infarctions. But I am pretty sure trolling or flaming is against the TOS

To clarify for those interested:

the "censorship" was to remove a statement this user made about the article author being a DO and how he couldn't get into a "real medical school".

SDN will not tolerate derogation amongst our colleagues for the source of their medical education: whether DO, MD, foreign, etc. This has been discussed numerous times and should come as no surprise to any user, let alone one of long standing. In fact, I would propose that one of the reasons our field is struggling is the lack of cooperation and collegiality.

Finally, because there will be questions, this user will be removed from SDN. More than a dozen warnings for TOS violations, probations, post holds and the like have done nothing to encourage him to post within our guidelines. This post and the fact, that after it was edited by staff, he went back and repeated the statement, is beyond the pale. This will not be tolerated, regardless of how long someone has been a member.

There was no censorship of things anti-SDN. We are doing this to protect all our members. This was reported by people who felt marginalized and belittled by that speech. Everyone gets at least 1 shot to make a mistake and make amends. This was not one of those cases.
Reddit also censors.

A lot of you are totally overestimating how easy it is to get your post count up. Secondly, I've been on this forum for greater than ten years and have only ever gotten one warning as far as I can remember. Point being that it is VERY easy to get along with people and still get your point across. Lastly, the guy can easily come back as psai2 or 2psai or Psy with a korean guy avatar. If he REALLY cared about contributing and such then he would come back. Otherwise he was just a guy that posted from time to time... no big deal.
"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Did you miss that he came back as @AcidBase23 ????? LOL in true @Psai fashion.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited:
Great Heat reference.

Censorship has gotten a bit tighter lately. I mean, a guy can’t even have a Buttsnorkeler avatar around here any more.

That guy is scorched earth level of toxic. Sure it's entertaining to watch the psycho warpath, try being in front of it. I have deleted an entire account and left SDN after spending so much time arguing with Psai and his cadre that I was reversing my academic progress, and yes even considered leaving medicine because I'm apparently a subhuman scumbag undeserving of the title physician (their words not mine). Be my guest and remember him with kindness and warmth, but make sure you read all 11k "contributions" first.

It’s just really dumb to put down DO’s on a site founded by a DO. Why would anybody do that? The larger question is why do smart young people sometimes do really dumb things?

This reminds me of the male UVA med student who crashed an AMWA meeting on microagressions to challenge and call out the speaker. He subsequently got expelled. Why?? When I was a medical student, I didn’t attend any AMWA meetings because I’m a dude.

Last edited:
It’s just really dumb to put down DO’s on a site founded by a DO. Why would anybody do that? The larger question is why do smart young people sometimes do really dumb things?

This reminds me of the male UVA med student who crashed an AMWA meeting on microagressions to challenge and call out the speaker. He subsequently got expelled. Why?? When I was a medical student, I didn’t attend any AMWA meetings because I’m a dude.

We're they offering free food? I'd go for some free lunch as a poor med student.

And yeah while arguing with a speaker about microagressions was just not very smart in this day and age, he did have a good point. I actually listened to the recordings and didn't think his question was not without merit. Could have been phrased and delivered better but his point was still a valid one.

That guy is scorched earth level of toxic. Sure it's entertaining to watch the psycho warpath, try being in front of it. I have deleted an entire account and left SDN after spending so much time arguing with Psai and his cadre that I was reversing my academic progress, and yes even considered leaving medicine because I'm apparently a subhuman scumbag undeserving of the title physician (their words not mine). Be my guest and remember him with kindness and warmth, but make sure you read all 11k "contributions" first.
On the other hand, maybe you are not meant to post on an online forum either. Life is full of trolls; here they actually say things in your face, not behind your back, and you can even put them on ignore and never hear from them again (which tends to shut them up). Learning to argue with life's trolls is actually a step in personal development.

There seems to be something really wrong with the Millennial generation, and one of the causes is parental and societal overprotection, to the level that some simply are not able to cope with adversity. If one expects life to "ban" all one's adversaries, like SDN, one is in for a very rude awakening. As Jordan Peterson says, we are all monsters deep inside.

Again, not defending Psai, just a more advanced degree of free speech, especially for frequent posters. I wouldn't ban somebody just because he says that IMGs are worse than USMGs, for example.

P.S. And by the time I am back from work, this post will have attracted a number of SJWs, which are another form of life's monsters, the kind that proves that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

On the other hand, maybe you are not meant to post on an online forum either. Life is full of trolls; here they actually say things in your face, not behind your back, and you can even put them on ignore and never hear from them again (which tends to shut them up). Learning to argue with life's trolls is actually a step in personal development.

There seems to be something really wrong with the Millennial generation, and one of the causes is parental and societal overprotection, to the level that some simply are not able to cope with adversity. If one expects life to "ban" all one's adversaries, like SDN, one is in for a very rude awakening. As Jordan Peterson says, we are all monsters deep inside.

Again, not defending Psai, just a more advanced degree of free speech, especially for frequent posters. I wouldn't ban somebody just because he says that IMGs are worse than USMGs, for example.

P.S. And by the time I am back from work, this post will have attracted a number of SJWs, which are another form of life's monsters, the kind that proves that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Thanks for the correction. Let me rephrase what it means. It means that I have been verified as an “expert” and that nobody here can argue with anything I say.

Better?

Although it doesn’t say verified ‘medical’ expert, so I’m just gonna assume the title’s talking about soft cheeses and men’s volleyball

One other thing to keep in mind.

Though most of us are here in large part for the social element, the SDN forums do have an overriding purpose and an explicit mission statement. It's right up there at the top of every page: "We help students become doctors."

While not everything everyone posts has to directly support that goal (this place would be a lot less interesting absent the threads about politics, travel, guns, sports, watches, etc), SDN's founder, administrators, and even lowly section mods like me aren't out of line when they take steps to stop activity that is explicitly counter to that mission.

What I mean is that (snowflake issues aside) forum interactions that touch on this area deserve a higher standard of professionalism than, say, a bitter disagreement over whether beans belong in chili.

Posts that are gratuitously unwelcoming to or disparaging of pre-meds, students, or residents are likely to attract moderator attention in a way that similarly toned comments about other topics may not.

Reactions: 7 users
Have you ever been on the bogleheads forums? It’s a terrific resource for people managing their finances and it’s a great place to ask financial questions and get a number of high quality responses. However, they moderate like crazy. If a post even seems slightly political, it gets removed. Trolling there is very low and content quality is very high. However, no one is complaining about assaults on free speech or snowflakes or thin-skinned people.

The rules are there to prevent these forums from devolving into the troll lairs that exist elsewhere on the internet. Have you been on other free-for-all forums or comments sections? It’s unbearable. It’s a race to the bottom where the dumbest comments get the most attention. Some framework of rules that promote civility actually encourage free speech and an active exchange of ideas. If you allow disparaging speech against a certain group then you discourage that group from participating in the conversation. That’s a limitation on speech. Now I don’t know about the specifics of the situation in question, but I assume he is an adult and was given fair warning and reminder about the rules in the forums, which he decided to disregard.

Butt snorkeling seems like it should be allowed, though.

Reactions: 10 users
This guy's poster persona was the equivalent to trucknutz. The only redeemable thing was his avatar. Good riddance.

I may not read enough posts here but I don't remember ever reading anything he wrote that even slightly bothered me. He seemed like an energetic guy who was a bit of an ass and his opinions reflected that. If having polarizing opinions that are not in the accepted direction is enough to be banned then this is fodder to make the most uninteresting Black Mirror episode.

Have you ever been on the bogleheads forums? It’s a terrific resource for people managing their finances and it’s a great place to ask financial questions and get a number of high quality responses. However, they moderate like crazy. If a post even seems slightly political, it gets removed. Trolling there is very low and content quality is very high. However, no one is complaining about assaults on free speech or snowflakes or thin-skinned people.

The rules are there to prevent these forums from devolving into the troll lairs that exist elsewhere on the internet. Have you been on other free-for-all forums or comments sections? It’s unbearable. It’s a race to the bottom where the dumbest comments get the most attention. Some framework of rules that promote civility actually encourage free speech and an active exchange of ideas. If you allow disparaging speech against a certain group then you discourage that group from participating in the conversation. That’s a limitation on speech. Now I don’t know about the specifics of the situation in question, but I assume he is an adult and was given fair warning and reminder about the rules in the forums, which he decided to disregard.

Butt snorkeling seems like it should be allowed, though.

i think its cause boglehead forum has a specific purpose. sdn does not. it's like slickdeals... the point is to post slick deals.. not troll.

i think its cause boglehead forum has a specific purpose. sdn does not. it's like slickdeals... the point is to post slick deals.. not troll.

Is the purpose here to troll? It’s not hard to imagine how a forum dedicated to personal finance issues like taxes could become nothing but a mess of political tribalism and non-constructive name calling. The point is that forum rules and thus forum moderation are meant to keep the content useful. The rules are not a secret.

how does that apply to resident and attending forum sections when they are already doctors??

Help others become doctors (or in this case, anesthesiologists). Pay it forward like others did to you.

Me and psia were besties....... guess I can’t post in med school section or my name will get banned

well this sucks. Where am I going to get my regular laughs with an anaesthesia viewpoint. MadTv is off the air and SNL hasn't been funny since Eddie Murphy had left.

I really enjoyed his posts funny, informative, short. I, and I am assuming most of us, are not out stalking every post by psai on other forums, we all have real lives outside of this. Didn't even know he had something against DOs or whatever. For all I know, he is a DO. Honestly, I did not find his posts in this specific forum were very controversial or mean spirited, especially given the number of likes, activity, and responses he had. Reprimand yes, permanently ban, I dont know, mods know the details. I don't claim to know any of the details or prior warnings. Just as someone who is on this forum with some contribution.

Lets not make this guy out to be some pantless wacko waving his junk in the middle of traffic.

We're they offering free food? I'd go for some free lunch as a poor med student.

And yeah while arguing with a speaker about microagressions was just not very smart in this day and age, he did have a good point. I actually listened to the recordings and didn't think his question was not without merit. Could have been phrased and delivered better but his point was still a valid one.

I actually agree he made a good point, BUT....

1. What was he trying to accomplish? What was his intention?

2. Why was he recording?

The answers speak to his maturity and ability to work with the great variety of people he will encounter. This may be an issue for someone like Psai as well.

Last edited:
I may not read enough posts here but I don't remember ever reading anything he wrote that even slightly bothered me. He seemed like an energetic guy who was a bit of an ass and his opinions reflected that. If having polarizing opinions that are not in the accepted direction is enough to be banned then this is fodder to make the most uninteresting Black Mirror episode.
His removal has nothing to do with “polarizing opinions“. It has to do with degrading colleagues.

We have plenty of users who may disagree on social, political, and professional ideas. He was removed because double digit warnings, post hold and probation did nothing to curb his violations of our terms of service. His comments about DOs being inferior caused several members to feel marginalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.