This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snehala

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

So I am a little confused on what I should do regarding dental school. So I applied this cycle and did not get any interview invites but got the Creighton Wait list opportunity. I did also apply to a few special masters programs as back up. I applied to WesternU MSMS, MSBS and Midwestern MABS. I did get into the Midwestern and I have an interview coming up for WesternU MSBS. I got denied for the MSMS. Here are my stats:
oGPA: 3.42
sGPA: 3.15
DAT
Bio: 18
GC: 21
OC: 17
PAT: 19
RC: 21
QR: 19
Total: 19
Average: 19

So if I get into the WesternU MSBS I have to decide between that and the MABS. Do you have any advice on which one I should go for?

Also, I have about 2 months before I reapply and I realize my DAT/GPA aren't the greatest. Most places I called back after being denied an interview talked about how I could have some more shadowing experience especially with different areas. I am currently in the process of getting some more shadowing exp - with a periodontist, endodontist, a pediatric dentist, and some general volunteer hours at the hosp.

Do you think it would be smart of me to retake the DAT? I realize that I might get some better scores which will only help me around next time but I also only have about 2 months and I do work full time which is going to be tough.

What should I do?
Thanks everyone!
 
Hey guys!

So I am a little confused on what I should do regarding dental school. So I applied this cycle and did not get any interview invites but got the Creighton Wait list opportunity. I did also apply to a few special masters programs as back up. I applied to WesternU MSMS, MSBS and Midwestern MABS. I did get into the Midwestern and I have an interview coming up for WesternU MSBS. I got denied for the MSMS. Here are my stats:
oGPA: 3.42
sGPA: 3.15
DAT
Bio: 18
GC: 21
OC: 17
PAT: 19
RC: 21
QR: 19
Total: 19
Average: 19

So if I get into the WesternU MSBS I have to decide between that and the MABS. Do you have any advice on which one I should go for?

Also, I have about 2 months before I reapply and I realize my DAT/GPA aren't the greatest. Most places I called back after being denied an interview talked about how I could have some more shadowing experience especially with different areas. I am currently in the process of getting some more shadowing exp - with a periodontist, endodontist, a pediatric dentist, and some general volunteer hours at the hosp.

Do you think it would be smart of me to retake the DAT? I realize that I might get some better scores which will only help me around next time but I also only have about 2 months and I do work full time which is going to be tough.

What should I do?
Thanks everyone!
Retaking is the easiest solution to most people's problems.
 
Thanks guys for the advice. How badly will it look if I don't improve on my DAT? Would that look worse than not retaking it?