This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ORamahiii

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im planning on taking the DAT this coming summer but i will be studying all summer and taking it at the end. I was curious as to what material i should be using? Based on previous standardized exams i'm not the best at english/reading comp. Im currently taking bio 1 now and will be taking bio 2 this next semester with orgo2. Im most nervous about studying for the PAT because I don't know how to approach them and i don't know where to learn about how to approach the problems. Any help with that would be much appreciated. I also heard from people that there is a lot of free material and was curious as to what people were talking about?

Members don't see this ad.

For reading comprehension I was also EXTREMELY worried but my real exam wasn't too bad. Nothing like what my friends saw on their MCAT lol.

Alot of people swear by practicing scientific american articles. However, I feel that you get enough scientific reading practice by doing the full length exams. In terms of general reading practice I feel like it's ok to to just read whatever you want (doesn't have to be science related) although some will definitely disagree with me.

For PAT, find the DAT bootcamp tutorials on youtube. For any sections that they don't cover (I think top/front/end) just google old threads on SDN where people explain how to do it.

I payed for quite a few resources (RIP paychecks) but a few free things that I used come to mind: Feralis notes, Cliifs ap bio, DAT Genius PAT generators (although not sure if they are free anymore), random youtube videos for concepts

Must Buy:
- DAT Bootcamp
- DAT Destroyer
- Math Destroyer
- Chad's Videos
- Feralis notes (free online pdf)
- Cliffs AP Biology (free online pdf)

Optional:
- CrackDAT PAT (totally up to you, i felt it was right on par with the real DAT. Most accurate PAT exams. I feel it gave me an edge to get a 24 PAT score)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Must Buy:
- DAT Bootcamp
- DAT Destroyer
- Math Destroyer
- Chad's Videos
- Feralis notes (free online pdf)
- Cliffs AP Biology (free online pdf)

Optional:
- CrackDAT PAT (totally up to you, i felt it was right on par with the real DAT. Most accurate PAT exams. I feel it gave me an edge to get a 24 PAT score)

I agree with all these options. Personally, I found that Cliffs AP Biology was perfect for biology (obviously), Chad's Videos for Gchem and Ochem, and DAT Bootcamp for practice tests/problems, especially PAT.

Reactions: 1 user