This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cemetra

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a non-traditional student - 24 years old and just starting my undergrad. Going to a brick and mortar university for me right now isn’t possible, so I’m getting my undergrad from Arizona State University’s online program. I’m planning to get my undergrad and take extra prerequisites at my local community college that’s regionally accredited. Yes, I know this isn’t ideal and makes me less competitive in general, but it’s my only option.

Since a lot of schools don’t accept online prerequisite courses, which option should I go for?

Option A: graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and minor in Personal Health. Take all prerequisites at a local community college.

Option B: graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Biological Studies and minor in Psychology. Re-take the prerequisites at a local community college, but have a better head on the subject and hopefully walk out with a 4.0 easier.

Option C: graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Biological Studies and minor in Psychology. Take whatever prerequisites I’m missing and apply to all the med-schools that accept online prerequisite course work. Save time and money, but have less schools to apply to.

I should mention in the meantime of getting my undergrad and prerequisites covered, I’ll be switching careers (currently in aviation) to become a surgical technician, will volunteer often, shadow as much as possible, and would LOVE to participate in absolutely any research studies. I also just launched a one-for-one company that’s going to give tangible items to those in need throughout various communities, small scholarships ($500 - $1,000) to college students, and donate children’s books throughout the US as well. This is something I’ve always wanted to do and I’m unsure if it’ll help my application in the future, but I’ve detailed it just in case.

Any opinions welcome!

Members don't see this ad.