What your DOG says about YOU

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by littlehooves, Jun 15, 2008.

1. littlehooves

Pre-Veterinary
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Electrophile

Electrophile Working Dog Doc

Veterinarian
    Can you copy and paste it for us? It says you have to register and I'm feeling lazy...sorry! :cool:

4. nyanko

nyanko 360noscope squidkid
    Veterinarian

Resident [Any Field]
    This is the link from that forum post, if you're too lazy to register.

As for my dog breed...

[​IMG]

:(

5. WhtsThFrequency

Veterinarian

Veterinarian
    Ha ha...yeah, I doubted they'd have my breed either - Mountain Cur. I'd say hyperactive, loyal, messy, and willing to track anything down!

6. littlehooves

Pre-Veterinary
  7. QTkitty

QTkitty CSU PVM class of 2011

Veterinary Student
    I think if they had Basenji it would say: cat person haha... I always really wanted a basenji or ibizan but I love my pointer rescue!

8. nyanko

nyanko 360noscope squidkid
    Veterinarian

Resident [Any Field]
    Or masochist.

9. twelvetigers

twelvetigers no wake up time. sleepy time.
    Veterinarian

Veterinarian
    Based on my favorite TV show, I should own a Weimaraner. WHOAH, DREAM BIG!

As a PWC owner, I should have a dry sense of humor and watch the BBC. Does it count as a dry sense of humor if I think fart jokes are funny? And does my cable package include BBC? I don't think it does.

10. AuburnPreVet

AuburnPreVet AU CVM Class of 2011

Veterinary Student
    Chihuahuas – Chihuahua owners are considered quite versatile. They can be fun, serious, a home body or a partier. They are generally very neat and meticulous and take great care of their homes and possessions. They are very loyal to their friends but can be misunderstood by people who don't know them. Some can be labeled prickly or aloof but actually are warm and loving to their friends. Some can be hot tempered. Favorite TV show: Simple Life.

**Pretty good -- minus the Favorite TV Show part.

11. starlene45

starlene45 UC Davis SVM c/o 2013

Veterinary Student
    I'm sad, they didn't have "disabled reject border collie" and "hugely insane loud hyperactive mutt" listed :D:laugh:

I :love:my crazy dogs.

12. Mellobunnie

Pre-Veterinary
    We got screwed....
    Where's the bc love?
    :(

13. PAThbrd

PAThbrd LA Surgery Resident
    Moderator Emeritus

Veterinarian
    German Shepherds – German shepherd owners are often serious people that tend to be a little shy around strangers. People that don't know them may consider them to be aloof. But, once you get to know them, they have hearts of gold and will do anything for their friends. They can be fiercely loyal and enjoy helping people. They always want to do what is right, morally and ethically. Favorite TV show: NYPD Blue.

Super accurate! except for the TV show, that would be Grey's Anatomy :)

Ok BC people, Ill give it a stab because I'm sad for you that its not there!

Border Collie - BC owners are intense, driven, and focused (although not always what you want them to be focused on). Give them a job and a goal and get out of the way! You keep everyone firmly in line, and don't allow any stragglers from the herd. You're fast, athletic, and would prefer anything to lounging on the couch. Life is a fast paced adventure and you're ready for something new everyday. Favorite TV show: TV? Who needs it, let's go herd some sheep!

One of my agility trainers, who is probably one of the only top trainers in our area who doesn't run a BC, once referred to them as those "crazy black and white dogs" :)

14. Poke

Pre-Veterinary
    :laugh:

15. Starwrecker

Veterinary Student
    Sweet! I knew I have the right breed of dog!! That's totally me. :D

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. LucyLoo

LucyLoo LucyLoo

Pre-Veterinary

Hey, you forgot the neurotic part :D

18. starlene45

starlene45 UC Davis SVM c/o 2013

Veterinary Student

1. The line about "not always what you want them to be focused on" = me. totally! :laugh: Awesome description!

2. What kind of dogs does yr trainer run? My trainer started out running border terriers!!!

3. Now that I have BC's, I am addicted. Though secretly I want a papillon to run in the mini divs. ::falls off chair laughing at silly/cuteness of papillons::

19. PAThbrd

PAThbrd LA Surgery Resident
    Moderator Emeritus

Veterinarian
    he runs golden retrievers who are insanely fast, he's been to AKC nationals and all kinds of other big time events. Another of my trainers runs boxers, and another runs spaniels. Our club actually has surprisingly few BCs now that I think of it...

I'll stick with my shepherds :) Unfortunately vet school is going to keep me from ever putting a MACH on my dog since she'll be 6 by the time Im out of vet school and 10 by the time I'm done internship/residency. I have no doubt that she could do it though if we had the time and money to trial every weekend (or close to it) like these people do. I am hoping to get my MEX from DOCNA which is the highest title in a newer agility organization in our area. It should be doable :)

20. tastrophe

tastrophe NCSU c/o 2013

Pre-Veterinary
    :: almost falls off chair laughing at silly/cuteness of that comment ::

well said! Somewhere in my dream life there is a papillon waiting for me to come bring him/her home (along with all the others of course :))