444zane3

2+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all, I have a retail fraud misdemeanor from high school that will be expunged so I don’t have to report in primary.

I’m wondering which schools’ secondaries don’t ask about criminal histories and misdemeanors. Mainly I’m trying to narrow down my school list. I’ll still apply to schools that ask about it (if I really like them) while being honest about it. Thanks!

May 16, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
If you were convicted...which it seems you were, my understanding is that the vast majority of schools ask about convictions on their secondary. Some ask about both arrests and convictions. Some ask about charges, arrests, and convictions. Some do not ask about anything at all. If the school is associated with a VA hospital it is likely they do ask so that when you do your clinical rotations you can be granted the appropriate credentials to work in the hospital. Most people are not going to comb through their secondaries to find this information, however, my advice to you is to is to look at recent secondary threads which oftentimes include "criminal history questions" so you can get a sense of what is asked.

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
Hi all, I have a retail fraud misdemeanor from high school that will be expunged so I don’t have to report in primary.

I’m wondering which schools’ secondaries don’t ask about criminal histories and misdemeanors. Mainly I’m trying to narrow down my school list. I’ll still apply to schools that ask about it (if I really like them) while being honest about it. Thanks!
What happened in high school stays in high school.

You'll be fine

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads