Which secondaries don’t ask about misdemeanors and/or criminal records?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

444zane3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a retail fraud misdemeanor from high school that will be expunged so I don’t have to report in primary.

I’m wondering which schools’ secondaries don’t ask about criminal histories and misdemeanors. Mainly I’m trying to narrow down my school list. I’ll still apply to schools that ask about it (if I really like them) while being honest about it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you were convicted...which it seems you were, my understanding is that the vast majority of schools ask about convictions on their secondary. Some ask about both arrests and convictions. Some ask about charges, arrests, and convictions. Some do not ask about anything at all. If the school is associated with a VA hospital it is likely they do ask so that when you do your clinical rotations you can be granted the appropriate credentials to work in the hospital. Most people are not going to comb through their secondaries to find this information, however, my advice to you is to is to look at recent secondary threads which oftentimes include "criminal history questions" so you can get a sense of what is asked.

Hi all, I have a retail fraud misdemeanor from high school that will be expunged so I don’t have to report in primary.

I’m wondering which schools’ secondaries don’t ask about criminal histories and misdemeanors. Mainly I’m trying to narrow down my school list. I’ll still apply to schools that ask about it (if I really like them) while being honest about it. Thanks!
What happened in high school stays in high school.

You'll be fine

I thought that anything that gets expunged doesn’t need to ever be reported since it is no longer on your record.

Reactions: 1 user