Why do good things happen to bad people? (Ranting)

Started by Taenia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Taenia

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just found out an acquaintance of mine was accepted to Glasgow and has been offered interviews elsewhere...

This person is a well-known cheater and was even placed on academic probation for plagiarism back in ug. We have similar stats and exp.

I've *never* cheated, and I've already been rejected by one of my schools!

Guess that's life.

So frustrating! 😡
 
Just found out an acquaintance of mine was accepted to Glasgow and has been offered interviews elsewhere...

This person is a well-known cheater and was even placed on academic probation for plagiarism back in ug. We have similar stats and exp.

I've *never* cheated, and I've already been rejected by one of my schools!

Guess that's life.

So frustrating! 😡

Academic probation often shows up on transcripts, or so I thought, so interesting/sad that this person still got in.
Another point--Admissions committees don't really get all the info sometimes. Can work for or against the applicant.
Conclusion--Life ain't fair.
 
Just found out an acquaintance of mine was accepted to Glasgow and has been offered interviews elsewhere...

This person is a well-known cheater and was even placed on academic probation for plagiarism back in ug.

That stinks.

When I was in undergrad, they had an early acceptance program for their medical school (people accepted into the med school out of highschool, as long as they maintained/obtained a marginal GPA and MCAT). A handfull of these kids were real jerks, but there wasn't really a way to get rid of them after they were in that program. Several professors knew they cheated....like cell phones/cheat sheets on exams etc. The professors decieded to not do anything about it, because they wanted them to get to med school and then cheat there so they could basically get thrown out of med school and pretty much never get back in.

Although I thought the professor's plan was a little evil...so were these cheating students. It was a little depressing because I knew other students that weren't going to get admitted and whoose spots these students were taking up. Getting into this particular undergrad's associated med school, from their undergrad wasn't the easiest thing....it was usually harder then getting in elsewhere because of fears of nepotism.

Anyway, I think you're entitled to a little rant.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bad guys are always there it is a comforting Idea to know that they will end up in hill
 
Don't worry their cheating will catch up with them. I know of a couple of folks who cheated and were accepted. Their first semester at vet school has been even more hell than the normal person. Not sure if they will make it. If by some chance, they do - it won't cut it in the real world.