WildZenge Presents: Horizon Zero DaWWn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

The world was different once, populated by the Old Ones, their cities sprawling across a landscape that has now been reclaimed by nature. Echoes of these ancient civilizations remain, often buried beneath the earth, dangerous and alluring. And on the surface, metal beasts prowl across the territories, their origins a mystery, their behavior increasingly hostile.

A young woman awakens on the outskirts of the Sacred Lands. Her whole life, she has been an outcast of the Nora tribe. She does not yet know the great destiny that awaits her. But somewhere, her enemy feels her presence already. In time, they will come looking for her. But for now, Aloy has only one concern: to complete the Proving and become a full Nora.

To the west, the Sun-King Avad paces his throneroom. He looks to the sun for guidance, but in his mind's eye, all he sees are the shadows of his father's reign. Villages destroyed, lives lost. And a splinter faction, the Shadow Carja, still haunting his kingdom. An Oseram envoy is meant to arrive soon. But will they accept peace between their kingdoms, after so much violence?

In the heart of the frozen wilds, a Banuk shaman gazes across the landscape of his tribe's territory. A peaceful group of machines grazes nearby. But he knows the Blue Light is fading, and if he were to get too close, they would turn on him. The search for the source of the Derangement seems pointless to the younger members of the tribe, who have no memory of the time when machines and humans could coexist in peace. For the shaman, the Derangement points to a great malignancy in the fabric of their world, something, or someone, bent on destruction.

Corruption is spreading across the known world. Find the source, before it's too late.

14 players remain

1. @Animal Midwife
B. @Melchizedek
2. @Crayola227
3. @TelemarketingEnigma
4. @alleycat03
5. @BobLoblaw78
6. @genny
7. @Ms Procrastinator
11. @Aprilthearab
12. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
17. @supershorty
18. @Dinashadow

Tots:
1. @samac
2. @Lawpy
3. @holdthemayo
4. @SARdoghandler
5. @kaydubs
6. @WonderingStudent
7. @Barkley13
8. @Viscernable
9. @FrostySparrow

Your mods are myself and @Zenge142. The thread will be unlocked after a couple more opening posts.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Table of Contents

Day 1: Final Tally - Writeup [alley was village PMer]
Night 1: Writeup [No one died]
Day 2: Final Tally - Writeup [Bob was village ability thief]
Night 2: Writeup [Pleasy was village bodyguard mason, genny was wolf seer]
Day 3: Final Tally - Writeup [Sporty was village ranger]
Night 3: Writeup [Dina was village mason JOAT]
Day 4: Final Tally - Writeup [Mel was hard to kill wolf redirector]
Night 4: Writeup [TME was village tracker]
Day 5: Final Tally - Writeup [Lawpy was village watcher]
Night 5: Writeup [Cray was village blocker]
Day 6: Final Tally - Writeup [cubs was village reflex luddite]
Night 6 - Writeup [Game End...]

Spreadsheet

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Gameplay and Mechanics

1. Yeet will close every other day at 10pm EST. Night will close as soon as all actions are received (assuming a mod is awake), or at 10am EST. Some nights may need to close earlier. Watch for these announcements. Late in the game we plan to accelerate to 12/12 cycles.

2. Unless otherwise noted, actions cannot be used on yourself, or on the same player consecutively. Actions are not compulsory.

3. You will have noticed that you did not receive character flavor in your role PMs. This was intentional, to prevent gamesolving via role reveals and to allow for more storytelling in the writeups. You do all have characters assigned to you, however, and these will be revealed upon death.

4. PMs will occur during the night cycle only. Each night you can open a PM with an "ally" of your choice, defined as someone who was on the same yeet vote as you. Please include the mods in your PMs.

5. Writeups will contain hints about game events, but will also be flavorful. We will try to keep story spoilers for the game as minimal as we can, but expect that some things will be spoiled.

Rules

1. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread and your role PM

2. Place votes in bold or ####between numerous octothorpes#### using the terms "vote" or "yeet". If you have already placed a vote, you must unvote to place a new one. "No vote" is not an option.

3. Participation requirements are in place. You must vote and make at least 10 posts each day cycle. The first infraction will incur a warning, the second will result in modkill.

4. Subs are available for extenuating life circumstances only, not to replace ghosty players. If you require a sub, please contact the mods directly. Do not post about it on the thread. We do not currently have anyone signed up to sub so...don't bank on that option.

5. Dead players should post in ******stars****** and keep commentary to a minimum. Also mind your reactions to posts.

6. Direct quoting or copy/pasting of PMs is not allowed. Screenshots are not allowed. Fake copy/pasting, quoting, and screenshots are not allowed either.

7. You may edit posts, but do not delete them, and do not edit yeet votes.

8. Do not discuss or share your night results before the writeup is posted. However, you are free to continue to strategize between yeet close and writeup.

9. Gifs are welcome but should be hidden in spoiler tags for ease of thread loading.

10. I am saving the most important rule for last. Remember this is a game and is meant to be fun. We will not tolerate personal attacks against other players. Think before you post. Things can get heated, but keep it to accusations and rebuttals about this game.

Members don't see this ad :)
The opening post is making me think that my sign up thread summary of "run around in the snow, kill machines, everyone hates you" may have missed much of the point of the game :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
3. You will have noticed that you did not receive character flavor in your role PMs. This was intentional, to prevent gamesolving via role reveals and to allow for more storytelling in the writeups. You do all have characters assigned to you, however, and these will be revealed upon death.
My tinfoil buddy Samac must be sad in tot chat

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'm finding the eyes of the baby in the video thumbnail really disturbing. Like, out of 5 min and 31 seconds of potential thumbnail images, that's the one they chose...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Clink Clank Clunk, Somethings On The Move D1 Tally

0/14 votes
Leading: No one
Missing: Everyone
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~36 hours)

sawtooth.gif

Did I make a mistake by opening this thread in the middle of lecture? Maybe.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry, TME and I can come up with lots of tinfoils even without role names 😇

• Love

Enigma (1) - AM
cubs (1) - alley

2/14 votes
Leading: It's a tie! :heckyeah:
Missing: Most
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~35 hours)

sawtooth-gif.343856

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ew. Who enabled the reddit feature in this thread?

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
I'm extremely distracted by these upvote and comment features. We can already react and reply to posts, upvoting and commenting are super overkill

Reactions: 5 users
Can’t wait for when I open this backstage. Supercalifragilistic-yeet someone-idocious

Reactions: 1 users
I'm finding the eyes of the baby in the video thumbnail really disturbing. Like, out of 5 min and 31 seconds of potential thumbnail images, that's the one they chose...
Dislike of human babies noted. (Seems like something a hostile metal beast would say)

• Haha
  • Hmm

Enigma (1) - AM
cubs (1) - alley
MsP (1) - genny

3/14 votes
Leading: It's a tie! :heckyeah:
Missing: Most
Deadline: 10pm EST on 9/28 (~32 hours)

sawtooth-gif.343856

YES it's terrifying. Glad someone else pointed it out

Reactions: 3 users
I don’t see how this game is different from every other game with a post requirement?
It's a serious one. Not the handholding of "just post in the thread and vote", not the backrubbing of "three posts per cycle", it's the play or get off the thread of "10 posts per day cycle". Almost nobody does that.

• Love
  • Haha
3. Participation requirements are in place. You must vote and make at least 10 posts each day cycle. The first infraction will incur a warning, the second will result in modkill.
What if I vote and unvote at some point during the cycle, and continue to participate, but end up not voting for anyone at the time of yeet close? How stretchy are these rules?

• Haha
  • Hmm
What if I vote and unvote at some point during the cycle, and continue to participate, but end up not voting for anyone at the time of yeet close? How stretchy are these rules?
No nighttime PM fun for you then though