Wild Sviss Cheesy Scoops Presents Red WWersus Blue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please see the full writeup here, some additions have been made :)
OOOPFH

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wolves tried to kill samac, she was unkillable at night

Ah, the old "if I can't kill you, I'll convert you." Presumably it was the ninja wolf so she never knew she was attacked?

Hey I did tell you all that there was a wolf left on the blue team before y'all yeeted me

we tried to kill samac lol

I don't listen to wolves :p plus I felt really bad about misyeeting pleasey and that threw off my conviction a hell of a lot since I was wrong there.

Reactions: 1 user
Spreadsheet

Superlatives:

@samac with the DEEPEST POCKETS and Best Fake Panicked Village Performance at Endgame
I’ve reached the point where I just wrap myself in tinfoil and get scared. You’re going to deal with my shouting at you for the entire cycle.

I DONT LIKE THIS AND I WANT TO DIE BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO CHOKE

So whichever one was still standing = wolf.
I really don’t know what to do alley. I’ve reached PANICK

@cubsrule4e with the Best Post That Everyone Ignored
Lets take stagg and cubs out of the POE for a minute. We've had nothing but tunnel vision for 3 days. @Stagg737 @alleycat03 Where do you stand on samac? I know alley is solid village reading, but would she not make a good convert choice being in the middle of the blue bloc and being a hub of communication? This new round of players isnt familiar with Stagg to necessarily know he'd be a great convert choice. And why in the world do you think theyd convert me with as much sketch as I already had? And after watching me come in as a wolf the last game? How does that even make sense?

@supershorty and @holdthemayo for Most Entertaining Lawpy Murder Writeups (which I will let them post themselves)

@Zenge142 and @Animal Midwife for Most Intense Village on Village Violence
Way to stay true to the source material guys. You really were Church and Caboose :biglove:

Best reads for a living player goes to @Aprilthearab, who was the first to name the mkg/cray/TE pack, and for a dead player goes to @Dinashadow, who got there even sooner. I'm too lazy to hunt down the quotes :p

Best Use of Role goes to this submission from @Zenge142, who would have spooked the soul out of AM...if only she had been a wolf
Skilled in the arts of sorcery and witchcraft, Zenge sneaks into AMs room to find her sleeping. He whispers in her ear “Tick Tick Tick Boom”. Petrified in terror, AM is unable to move.

Zenge sets the room for the dark arts. A pentagram in salt. Black candles at the points of the star. He lights the candles and places AMs body in the center of the star.

“A SOUL FOR A SOUL!” he proclaims. Incoherent chanting follows as the light from the candles grows ever brighter.

“Where once there was darkness let there be light!” The candles go out at once.

The room is dark. The body left on the floor, too dark to see.

If Midwife was a wolf, she’s gone. Dead. A soul for a soul. One of darkness for one of purity. In her place is village Bob. Back from the dead.

If Midwife is village, the spell was wasted. She’s passed out, unaware of the nights events but destined to wake up thinking she had a bad dream but not knowing what of.
Sadly he traded away his wildcard ability for some fancy armor, so we received no additional chaotic submissions :cryi:

@Stagg737 for worst PR ever, of all time, as the seer who never got a single result

Shoutout to the mod crew, @Melchizedek, @Viscernable, and @Coopah! Particularly to Vissy, who did a LOT of heavy lifting for her first game ever. Couldn't have done it without you, and I hope you enjoyed the experience!

Feel free to ask questions and give feedback on the design. I am always open to critiques!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
One thing I wanted to mention:
I saw a few people say stuff like “oh well this mod does things this way” or people had expectations of things based on outside of game info (a.k.a. Angleshooting). This is dangerous and is based on a lot of assumptions which will bite you in the ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I second @Viscernable had a crapshoot trial by fire first mod game trying to reel in Dubz and I and also make sure the game ran well. You did a great job!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
WAIT A MINUTE ZENGE

YOUR NIGHT ACTION DID SUCCEED AND YOU KILLED ME FOR NO REASON

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
I second @Viscernable had a crapshoot trial by fire first mod game trying to reel in Dubz and I and also make sure the game ran well. You did a great job!
Me: *still trolling*
Vissy: So um...you're gonna post the real writeup soon, right?
Me: Oh uh...yeah I guess so... :sorry:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
All that being said, can I have my card to the no convert club with AM pls? These quotes are just from my role Pm, it doesn’t include the sad reacts and angry react I also gave to successful night kills since being converted
tbf I dont think killing pleasey would have made it obvious you were wolfing, like it could have meant someone was lying about their role and was bomb proof (like I was)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waiting for this...
Me in my PMs with Zenge,
Did you get confirmation your ability worked?

No. It was cryptic enough that I’m not sure it worked. The odds are low anyway.

Potentially i got lucky and it did work and she’s an Alpha though. I guess that’s a possibility. More likely though it just didn’t work.

Not sure either way.

The fact that she mentioned nightmares makes me think it worked.

Ehhh. There was enough fluff in the way I wrote it, I could see it being a situation where it was attempted, but didn’t work.

The thing we really need to focus on is there’s absolutely no reason it would have blocked a mod confirmation of her Innocent child claim

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users
@holdthemayo and shorty present: the best of @Lawpy kills in tot chat.
Mayo smiles and flips on the electric kettle
"Lawpy, Shorty... come in"
Soft cooing is slowly drowned out by the low rumble of the water.
Carefully, Mayo measures out the tea and pours the water- just before it reaches a rolling boil.
"You know... it takes 3-5 minutes to properly steep black tea."
"Roughly the time it takes to dispose of a traitor."

"Sad that Lawpy won't be joining us for tea. Shorty, would you like cream or sugar?"
Mayo does what needed doing

This one comes with some context before the write up.
protect mel
oust WZ and upgrade mel to WW mod forever
Smh you don't learn
What if i upgrade you and mel as co mayors
DAY ACTION: LAWPY OUSTS SHORTY AND MAYOS
You really want to die a 4th time, huh?
... wait i died only twice
in b4 Lawpy doesn't even realize that @holdthemayo killed him earlier

DAMN I WAS TOO SLOW
Ah, back to my old friend, shorty thought to herself as she looked at the redirect ability. It had been a long time since she had the chaos of an uncontrollable redirect. Gave her warm, fuzzy memories of wolfing with @holdthemayo and @Viscernable, making @Lawpy scream with frustration when he was silenced twice, and getting wolfatoring advice from @genny and meats while AM sweated and hyperventilated in a corner (occasionally appearing to ask questions about the nooblets' strategy). Putting the redirect back in play felt like slipping on a glove - it just fit so well.

"If it doesn't die, kill it again," was the advice she'd heard. And so, even though that final redirect choice in the noob game had lost it for her team, shorty knew it was time for redemption. This time, it worked out - because the chaos of the ability caused Lawpy's ousting action to rebound onto him. Despite his best efforts to stage yet another coup, Lawpy had only managed to kill himself. But he could rest easy, knowing he'd set a new record of being the only person to die 4 times in tot chat.

shorty redirects Lawpy.

• Love
Ah, the old "if I can't kill you, I'll convert you." Presumably it was the ninja wolf so she never knew she was attacked?

I don't listen to wolves :p plus I felt really bad about misyeeting pleasey and that threw off my conviction a hell of a lot since I was wrong there.
it was actually cray that tried to kill her, we could only kill people on our respective teams. plus I was only untrackable half the time, the other half I was able to diffuse the bomb

WAIT A MINUTE ZENGE

YOUR NIGHT ACTION DID SUCCEED AND YOU KILLED ME FOR NO REASON
I KILLED YOU BECAUSE YOU LIED ABOUT BEING AN INNOCENT CHILD AND ABOUT BEING BLOCKED AND WHY WOULD VILLAGE MIDWIFE LIE ABOUT THAT?

also I was too blinded by the lie to realize my night action actually worked and assumed that it had failed. :sorry:

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
it was actually cray that tried to kill her, we could only kill people on our respective teams. plus I was only untrackable half the time, the other half I was able to diffuse the bomb
Which was funny because you couldn't even try to kill the bomb unless you were alive when the teams were combined lol

• Haha
  • Wow
My original plan was to have two wolves on Blue (hence the Sister cover) and one on red plus Vic. But there were too many Blue people. So things got a little wonky.

In any case those cover roles were actually two highly regarded characters in the mods' eyes, so the assumptions being made about them were a bit grating :p

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I KILLED YOU BECAUSE YOU LIED ABOUT BEING AN INNOCENT CHILD AND ABOUT BEING BLOCKED AND WHY WOULD VILLAGE MIDWIFE LIE ABOUT THAT?

also I was too blinded by the lie to realize my night action actually worked and assumed that it had failed. :sorry:
WHAT ABOUT THE WORLD WHERE MULTIPLE NIGHT ACTIONS ARE PERFORMED ON ME?

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
I also didn't realize I was evaporating at F4 or I would have laid out a concrete plan before I left.

• Care
This would be perfect if Joel were on the left instead of Gus...

a13.gif

(context: Joel, in the middle here, is the voice of Caboose. Burnie, on the right, is the voice of Church. Gus, on the left, is Simmons!)

• Haha
My original plan was to have two wolves on Blue (hence the Sister cover) and one on red plus Vic. But there were too many Blue people. So things got a little wonky.

In any case those cover roles were actually two highly regarded characters in the mods' eyes, so the assumptions being made about them were a bit grating :p
Yeah, if Sister had been on Blue I probably wouldn't have questioned it. Wash did make me think twice, but given that came out super late in the yeet cycle, it didn't really change anything.

Who was mkg's cover, since iirc we never learned that?

lol this
It's "Sis" not "sister grif":rofl:
I wasn't reading too closely, but I won't brook anyone hating on Wash. :rage:

.... I told Samac who I was protecting EVERY SINGLE TIME
GOD DAMN IT

• Care
  • Wow
Yeah, if Sister had been on Blue I probably wouldn't have questioned it. Wash did make me think twice, but given that came out super late in the yeet cycle, it didn't really change anything.

Who was mkg's cover, since iirc we never learned that?
Wolves were only given two, they never asked for a third, though we would have come up with one if needed

Reactions: 1 users
The decision of whether or not to include a convert was a difficult one, but I decided to for multiple reasons
- village had a LOT of power, and there were multiple ways wolves could have died at night and been wiped out really early
- village also had a lot of role claimability, and I expected that to be an issue in a game where I was unwilling to put someone like Grif or Church as a cover role
- the vote mechanics tended to favor village. Harder for wolves to direct voting or try to save each other when they were split up.

But because I don't love conversion and hate late conversions with a passion, it was conditional on either a wolf dying at night prior to n4 or the wolf ratio dropping below 20% with the first wolf death. That was to ensure it happened early enough to give village time to find the convert. If it hadn't been for the n3 no kill actually, mkg's death wouldn't have dropped the ratio low enough, and no conversion would have occurred....interesting to think about.

I did include a hint in the n4 writeup (when I eventually got around to writing it :sorry: ), and thought that the early alien storyline things might have clued in to that too. There is a chance the hint was too subtle, and I am considering getting back into including convert alert mechanics in games. In the end I think everyone was on the convert hunting page, but perhaps forgot to consider who would make the best convert choice from the wolf pack perspective.

And samac is just like...really good at imitating her village play. Scary good O.O

• Sad
Full props go to Visc and WZ for the unique game design.

Visc wanted to incorporate the nature of the show into the game,
red team and blue team are seperate teams but they go through **** together

which is where the voting for the other team's members idea came from.
tumblr_mykagwYGag1sk1w69o1_500.gif

WZ did a great job balancing out all the abilities!

Special shoutout to bob because I enjoyed you getting into your character! So my superlative is

@BobLoblaw78 - The best in character impersonation of their role!

GrippingKlutzyBellfrog-size_restricted.gif

You are Sergeant Sarge - *insert Mel's southern/Texas accent here* You heard that right, don't make me repeat myself. Rank: Sargeant First name: Sarge. You're an old school marine. Years of experiencing the horrors of war have taught you one thing: shoot first, ask question maybe. This not very smart approach to things usually ends up with your squad in trouble. Which you then shoot your way out of. Its a vicious cycle. You reinforce the heirarchy of your squad with praise for your second in command Simmons, and treating the lowest ranking Grif with nothing but pure ridicule; because you have leadership comin' out the wazoo. Just remember, violence is always the answer! On odd nights, you can create an item and send it to a member of your team. Item functions are subject to mod approval, so get creative!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
  • Angry
  • Sad
  • Care
Told you so

Why? Even if I’d see red Samac, it wouldn’t have changed her armor color, so would have just confirmed that yea she was Sheila. I said if multiple times, my ability would be useless against a convert.
YOU DIDN'T SEER A SINGLE LIVING PERSON

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I did include a hint in the n4 writeup (when I eventually got around to writing it :sorry: ), and thought that the early alien storyline things might have clued in to that too. There is a chance the hint was too subtle, and I am considering getting back into including convert alert mechanics in games. In the end I think everyone was on the convert hunting page, but perhaps forgot to consider who would make the best convert choice from the wolf pack perspective.

That clue actually reminded me of the Colorado conversion where it was mentioned that someone felt different getting back on the tour bus. I think it was a conversation that obviously stood out, but definitely did not confirm a conversion imo.

Dead is
@cubsrule4e, who was Lopez, a villager and Red Team Captain, who could PM the Blue Captain, had a 1x yeet avoidance, and a 1x chance to bestow a dead player's ability to a living player.

View attachment 340069

~~~~
Night 9

"I don't understand," said Donut. "I was so sure."

"I can't believe we were wrong. It was you all along Donut! The headlight fluid search was just an act!"

"No, Doc...it wasn't me. I swear, I might be useless but I'm not a murderer."

"Well it wasn't Sheila!

There was a pause

"Oh sweet, sweet Doc. Did you ever wonder why you were still alive? Why you remained untouched so long into this adventure? Why others with lesser skills perished before you?"

Doc turned to his friend, something in her voice making his heart hammer a little faster in his chest. Her cannon was, oddly, aimed in his direction.

"Sheila?"

"I'm sorry, Doc. Well, not really. But I kind of wish I was."

The cannon fired. Doc was gone before he'd processed the betrayal. In the next moment, Donut took cannon fire to the face as well. His jug of headlight fluid...or whatever it was...clattered to the ground.

"Dude...that was cold." said a voice behind her. Vic stood there, gazing impartially at the carnage as he had for so many years.

"Not like I had much of a choice. But victory is as sweet as ever."

Dead is
@alleycat03, who was Medical Officer Super Private First Class Frank "Doc" Dufresne, a village even-night protector

and dead is
@Stagg737, who was Private Franklin Delano Donut, a village odd-night armor color seer.
The description for the color I used for his name here is "a very pale red" and I can't stop laughing

Surviving is
@samac, who was Sheila the Tank, a villager immune to night kills who was converted to a wolf on n4

View attachment 340065

Wolves @mkg323 @TelemarketingEnigma @Crayola227 and @samac (and @Barkley13, Vic) win!
View attachment 340063

Thank for playing everyone! Spreadsheet and Superlatives to come.

Starring:
Red Team:
1. @mkg323 - Agent Wyoming, ninja wolf
2. @cubsrule4e - Lopez, village odd-night blocker turned team captain
3. @differentiating - Grif, village 1x commuter
4. @BobLoblaw78 - Sarge, village odd-night item-maker
5. @sunshinefl - Simmons, village backup for Red Team captain’s original role turned odd-night blocker
6. @Stagg737 - Private Donut, village odd-night armour colour seer
7. @TelemarketingEnigma - Maine/Meta - reflexive ability seer treestump wolf
8. @Barkley13 - Vic, treestump jester who could only win with VOLO/MYLO

Blue Team:
9. @Animal Midwife - Church - village treestump
10. @Dinashadow - Agent Texas (Tex) - village even-night tracker, 1x vig
11. @alleycat03 - “Doc” DuFresne, village even-night healer
12. @Aprilthearab - Tucker - village backup for Blue Team Captain turned Blue Team Captain
13. @samac - Sheila, village bulletproof converted to wolf bulletproof
14. @Zenge142 - Caboose - Village Wildcard turned even-night tracker; 1x vig
15. @Crayola227 - O'Malley - wolf even-night redirector, 1x force kill, 1x result thief
16. @vetschoolsletmeinplease - Andy - village bomb

With thanks to:
Tots
1. @holdthemayo
2. @kaydubs
3. @Doggo Labs
4. @alissa14
5. @supershorty
6. @Lawpy - Tater Tot with access to the spreadsheet. Too bad nobody tried to PM him when he was alive.
7. @WonderingStudent

View attachment 340070

View attachment 340071

View attachment 340072

Oho! Knew it!

• Hmm
@Animal Midwife is samacs's play here an example of deepwolfing? Or is it regular bussing or panic bussing? :unsure:
Convert bussing is in its own category. You don't really have much choice when you are village with good reads one day and the next you're a wolf. Can't just walk it back without trashing your own positioning.

Told you so

Why? Even if I’d see red Samac, it wouldn’t have changed her armor color, so would have just confirmed that yea she was Sheila. I said if multiple times, my ability would be useless against a convert.
Sad thing is in tot chat, it came down to you or samacs. I go full deepwolf hunting at this stage and unfortunately, you two are too similar for me :bag::sorry:

@Animal Midwife is samacs's play here an example of deepwolfing? Or is it regular bussing or panic bussing? :unsure:
Given the OGs were dominoing even before she got converted, this does not fall under any of the above. This was just standard wolfing. True hardbussing has to be at least somewhat unnecessary.

YOU DIDN'T SEER A SINGLE LIVING PERSON

And I still expect a nomination for worst use of a PR this year! To be fair though, it wouldn't have mattered anyway since I was only a color seer. It just would have returned the color of her armor, so my ability ended up being moot anyway.

• Haha
  • Angry