Wisconsin c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyword on when they will let the Instaters know?

Members don't see this ad.

Seems weird that they'd call at a laterish hour Wisconsin time, but if it's legit, major congrats to the guy that got in! I'll now spend the next 24 hours intently staring at my phone and hoping that I get one of those few OOS spots. I hope my ship didn't sail tonight by not getting a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems weird that they'd call at a laterish hour Wisconsin time, but if it's legit, major congrats to the guy that got in! I'll now spend the next 24 hours intently staring at my phone and hoping that I get one of those few OOS spots. I hope my ship didn't sail tonight by not getting a call.

I would never lie to a fellow bruin. what year did you graduate? I'm still in LA with my sights on davis.

Based on the whisperings going around at the vet school, I would not be at all surprised if the first of the out of state calls are starting. They call a portion of out of staters. Some just get a letter and no one knows the difference (but who cares, if you get in, you get in). I wouldn't expect letters (this includes in-staters) until at least mid next week, maybe later so you can give your postman a break for the next couple days at least.

Based on the whisperings going around at the vet school, I would not be at all surprised if the first of the out of state calls are starting. They call a portion of out of staters. Some just get a letter and no one knows the difference (but who cares, if you get in, you get in). I wouldn't expect letters (this includes in-staters) until at least mid next week, maybe later so you can give your postman a break for the next couple days at least.

:xf:

I got an email the other day saying they will be sending out decision letters by the end of Feb through snail mail...

At least ive heard from them though, Ive gotten nothing from UPenn

I would never lie to a fellow bruin. what year did you graduate? I'm still in LA with my sights on davis.

Sorry! Didn't mean to make it sound like you were lying! I just finished up a M.S. degree at UCLA not too long ago, though I did my undergrad elsewhere. Good luck with getting into Davis and leaving a spot open in Wisconsin for me :p

I got a phone call on Friday OOS : )

Now im really torn between Wisconsin and VMRCVM, does anyone know if Wisconsin over accepts OOSers?

Yes, they do, but I am confused as to how that affects your decision.

I heard letters were mailed yesterday so everyone start checking their mailboxes! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my IS offer of admission letter. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

If affects the time i have to make a decision not the decision :)

It won't affect the time you have to make the decision. You will get until April 15th to decide and your offer will not be rescinded if you are offered one. For more information, see the April 15th rule thread.

Got my acceptance letter today! Whoooohooooo!

So jealous. Send some of that good luck over to NY!

Congrats guys!

I just debated going out to check my empty mailbox again to make sure it's really empty. I have to keep reminding myself that Wisconsin is far from Miami!

The damn thing has to travel a mile and a half and I got no letter of any kind! AHHHHHH!!!

Apparently a lot of in-state students got their letters today which I find amazing because the letters were put in a mailbox at 5:45pm last night that was picked up at 6pm last night. I had no idea they could get anywhere that fast.

Congrats to everyone who has heard good news!!! If anyone has any questions, I love talking to people about why the vet school here is awesome!

Hey guys, just found out I have been stuck on the wait-list for the second year in a row...feelin' a little down...needin' some good vibes...

I got a letter saying I was #7 on the alternate instate list. :( Last year they only accepted 3 resident alternates.

Apparently a lot of in-state students got their letters today which I find amazing because the letters were put in a mailbox at 5:45pm last night that was picked up at 6pm last night. I had no idea they could get anywhere that fast.

Congrats to everyone who has heard good news!!! If anyone has any questions, I love talking to people about why the vet school here is awesome!

My poor mailman. I finished work in the An Sci building at 3:30, scurried home because I knew people got letters, and was disappointed when it wasn't there. I had to be by the dairy barn at 4, so I was walking up my street back to school and the mailman was on the sidewalk and I practically LEAPT on him.

I was like, "Hey, are you allowed to just give me my mail?" "Uhh, sure, which house are you?" "Breenie's house." "Oh... not much today *hands me two large envelopes*" "YES BUT IT'S WHAT IN IT THAT COUNTS!!!!"

My roommate applied to vet school too, so I had her letter too. :) I was walking down the street back to campus and she was walking home! We did the hand-off, and she got in too, of course.

Though as an extension to the story... I knew since we had big envelopes we got in, and I opened it as I was walking back to class. My roommate texted me, "I AM TOO SCARED TO OPEN IT WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?" and I had to call her from the horse barn to talk her off the ledge and into opening it. :laugh: Tears and screaming were had by all!

Hey guys, just found out I have been stuck on the wait-list for the second year in a row...feelin' a little down...needin' some good vibes...

There is a better chance of me killed by an asteroid than there is of me getting into Madison. I am sure in a few days you will feel better knowing you at least made it further than others.

Cheer up! Everyone on SDN loves you no matter what.

*stereotypical "Mom" voice*
"We are ALL winners!"

:love:

I will likely be turning my IS seat down to go to Mizzou. :) I hope my seat goes to you!

I will likely be turning my IS seat down to go to Mizzou. :) I hope my seat goes to you!

I really like the MO program. I would have liked to have gone there, but I got rejected last year and only applied IS this year. I am #4 on the wait-list, so I am really going to be holding my breath for the next couple months. It makes me feel a lot better to know that I am probably one step closer tho!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :D

Can you tell me anything about the equine caseload at UW? And also, does the curriculum allow for any clinical experience in the first year? Lastly, do you feel like you're getting a good education there?
Thanks!!!

yeaaa i got stuck on the waitlist in the lower 30s...I wish they didnt do that. basically my only chance of getting in is if all 20 accepted people and 20 of the waitlisters decline. I didnt realize that they took only 20 people out of state.

yeaaa i got stuck on the waitlist in the lower 30s...I wish they didnt do that. basically my only chance of getting in is if all 20 accepted people and 20 of the waitlisters decline. I didnt realize that they took only 20 people out of state.

Eek! I'm not liking my chances.... Common post office dude! Hurry hurry hurry hurry!!!!!!!!

We had at least three people get in from my school so far;-) My roommate texted me two minutes before I had to take a test that I had a big envelope waiting. I had her open it just to make sure so I could focus on the test. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!! Congrats to all:D

Last edited:
I want to check my mailbox, but I'm still at work for 5 more hours and none of my roommates are answering their phones. Ahhhhh! :scared:

I GOT IN! I GOT IN! I GOT IN! I GOT IN! AHHHHHHH! I FREAKING GOT IN!!!!!!!:love:

Just got my acceptance letter today!! SO excited!!! Now I have the daunting task of deciding between WI and MN :oops: I fell in love with MN after interviewing there, but WI is my IS and I've worked with a lot of excellent veterinarians out of Madison. Any current students or others who have visited have any insight?? I am tracking food animal (dairy is my main focus) if that helps :)
Congrats to all and good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Did any acceptances come in small envelopes? How about the waitlist notices? Any rejections go out yet?

Just got my acceptance letter today!! SO excited!!! Now I have the daunting task of deciding between WI and MN :oops: I fell in love with MN after interviewing there, but WI is my IS and I've worked with a lot of excellent veterinarians out of Madison. Any current students or others who have visited have any insight?? I am tracking food animal (dairy is my main focus) if that helps :)
Congrats to all and good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

I don't really have anything to add in aid of you making your decision, but you should definitely post on here as soon as you decide either way so us poor wait-listers can get an idea of what's happening.:) I applied to MN last year, but didn't get an interview. I really wanted to go there mostly because of their designated study abroad program for the vet school.

Anxiously awaiting my OOS letter to show up, though I fear that since I didn't receive a phone call this/last week, I'm looking at a place in the purgatory known as the waitlist at the very best.

Does anybody with knowledge of how this all shakes down know whether any OOSers get accepted but never receive the phone call?

Congrats to those of you that got in! I hope to join you :)

Anxiously awaiting my OOS letter to show up, though I fear that since I didn't receive a phone call this/last week, I'm looking at a place in the purgatory known as the waitlist at the very best.

Does anybody with knowledge of how this all shakes down know whether any OOSers get accepted but never receive the phone call?

Congrats to those of you that got in! I hope to join you :)

Don't give up yet, bruin! I read somewhere on here that for some reason, some of the OOSers get phone calls and some get letters. Thanks for messing with our heads, Wisconsin!

How did they notify you of your wait list status? Sorry you're not feeling good about your chances. I hope you are pleasantly surprised!

Forgot to mention I had already got into MN and was waitlisted at IA so hopefully that moves people up! I am so excited I go into my IS school! Go Badgers!!!!!!

Super excited to have gotten my in-state acceptance letter last night! I can't believe it! We should have a Facebook page so we can get to know one another! :D

I got my alternate letter today in a small envelope, forced my roommate to open it and read it to me over the phone. They say that historically, they have gone through 25-85 people on the alternate list, which is a pretty broad range. Ratherbeventing, I don't think you need to worry too much yet, waitlists move a ton with a lot of people on the alternate list declining, and they've gone up to 85 in the past.
Also, they said they had 976 OOS applicants, a hugeee number, so I feel really lucky and am surprised to even be an alternate. I guess it's my year to be waitlisted all over the place, I'm hoping one of these turns into an acceptance soon.
Anyone know if Wisconsin tells people that they are off the waitlist as soon as it moves along or they wait until after April 15?

I got my alternate letter today in a small envelope, forced my roommate to open it and read it to me over the phone. They say that historically, they have gone through 25-85 people on the alternate list, which is a pretty broad range. Ratherbeventing, I don't think you need to worry too much yet, waitlists move a ton with a lot of people on the alternate list declining, and they've gone up to 85 in the past.
Also, they said they had 976 OOS applicants, a hugeee number, so I feel really lucky and am surprised to even be an alternate. I guess it's my year to be waitlisted all over the place, I'm hoping one of these turns into an acceptance soon.
Anyone know if Wisconsin tells people that they are off the waitlist as soon as it moves along or they wait until after April 15?

A girl in my lab was taken off the waitlist and found out immediately mid-March last year. Sooo I'd go with the former.

People who got letters today: what state are you in? I am trying to figure out when a letter will get to NY...

I'm actually in the same city as the school and I didn't get it until today, so I'd take a deep breath and chill..at least until tomorrow! haha