This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Actin11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take AAMC FL2 before you decide. The sample test has no good conversion to actual score, as the data set that is floating around on reddit involves self-reporting and a list of other confounders which make it really not accurate. FL2 should give you a reasonable idea of where you are at, while still leaving FL 3 to take in a couple weeks to measure your progress.

What do you think I should shoot for on AAMC FL 2 and 3 if I want a 508-512? If I score less than a 505 on either should I postpone?

General rule is you'll score +/- 3 points on the real thing. So, you should be looking for around a 511 on the practice test if you want to be relatively confident you'll get at least a 508 on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
The AAMC FL's are the best predictor of your actual score, and as noted, you can expect to be +/- 3 from them. If for example you score a 505 on FL2, then postponing is a matter of understanding why you got that score. If it was content and you have time for content review then you would probably be ok. Content and ability to reason are the two main forces determining MCAT scores. If you are missing questions because you didn't know the content, it is easy to quickly improve. For example, if you miss a question b/c you don't have Poiseuille's equation memorized, but you could have solved it otherwise, then you can quickly "fix" that deficiency. Alternately, if you are missing problems b/c you are not reasoning the way AAMC wants you to reason, then that takes longer to adjust.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys sorry to jump in, but I’m in a similar situation, also testing June 2.
A week ago I got 503 on FL1 (125/123/127/128) and today on FL 2 (126/124/126/125). My P/S got massacred, and that exam hit on all these terms I haven’t studied in forever. And my CARS is still trash. Based on these subscores, do you think I can get a 506 on test day? Thats all I’m going for

Hey guys sorry to jump in, but I’m in a similar situation, also testing June 2.
A week ago I got 503 on FL1 (125/123/127/128) and today on FL 2 (126/124/126/125). My P/S got massacred, and that exam hit on all these terms I haven’t studied in forever. And my CARS is still trash. Based on these subscores, do you think I can get a 506 on test day? Thats all I’m going for
AAMC FLs are very good score predictors (typically +/- 3, I believe). Personally, I scored 517, 517, 517 on AAMC and 516 on actual.

Could you get 506? Yes. Would I count on it? No.

Reactions: 1 user