Writing NBDE Part 1 in November/December 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bddsgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

All of you folks who are writing NBDE Part 1 in November/December 2009, come and share your knowledge. I have just started my preparation in May.

I did my Graduation in 2007 from India. So the subjects I m studying now were studied by me 5-6 years back.

So lets make a study plan and study together.

God Bless All of Us

Members don't see this ad.

HI Evansblue,

I do not think we need these kind of simulation tests. The best tests are the ASDA papers. Go through them very thoroughly. I wrote my test on 26th Nov. And I did not feel any need for them. In fact I have heard that these are just waste of time and money..

Good Luck to all of us
Hi bddsgirl! Thank you for your input in this thread. It is very helpful. Did you get your score, yet?

Hi Raluca,

Thanks .. I am waiting VERY IMPATIENTLY for my result now.....My friend who wrote her test in US one day before mine got her result last Thursday. And its Tuesday today....Maybe I am in Canada thats why its taking so long.....But I am feeling very nervous now.....Its more hard to wait than it was writing the test........

Hi Raluca,

Thanks .. I am waiting VERY IMPATIENTLY for my result now.....My friend who wrote her test in US one day before mine got her result last Thursday. And its Tuesday today....Maybe I am in Canada thats why its taking so long.....But I am feeling very nervous now.....Its more hard to wait than it was writing the test........
Good luck! I wish you to get good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey bds girl..all the best for ur result..i hope u get a gud score coz ur earlier posts show how much hard u have worked...even i got motivated a lot by looking at them even when they were not addressed to me..so thanx a lot ..take care and have a bright future ahead

ALL THE BEST..... I am also waiting for my result..... I am a regular reader of this thread for the past 3 months .Don`t worry . Hard work pays off.

HI Evansblue,

I do not think we need these kind of simulation tests. The best tests are the ASDA papers. Go through them very thoroughly. I wrote my test on 26th Nov. And I did not feel any need for them. In fact I have heard that these are just waste of time and money..

Good Luck to all of us

thanx for replying bddsgirl and whish u uck wid ur result:thumbup:,, my exam in 28th dec :( ,,so whats the feeling in there and how did u managed ur self first when u sit infront of the computer???

Hi Evansblue,

I do not know about other people. But I was so relaxed when I was writing the test and I was wondering on myself. You have enough time and I could revise each section 1-2 times. And you get 1 hour optional break. So do not worry. Everything will be fine. Good Luck.

Hi Evansblue,

I do not know about other people. But I was so relaxed when I was writing the test and I was wondering on myself. You have enough time and I could revise each section 1-2 times. And you get 1 hour optional break. So do not worry. Everything will be fine. Good Luck.
Still no results? God, you must be pretty anxious to find out..........Good luck!

Hi Raluca,

I am getting paranoid now. I even go check my mail at 10 pm at night. IS this just me who has not get the results yet. Does being in Canada matters? Please if anyone has any information about this, let me know. I wrote me test on 26th Nov. and my friend in USA wrote her on 25th of Nov. She got her result on 11th of Nov. And it is like 17th today. I dont know what is going on. I hope I get it tomorrow otherwise two more days of weekend. ..........................

Thanks for your wishes.

hey bddsgirl..u dont need to worry..i know someone who gave exam earlier than u but still didnt get their results..so chill out and relax..theres nothing to worry coz u know its christmas and it takes time during this period..

HI,

I know but it is really hard to wait. I wrote my toefl exam on 4th of Dec, and I got its result today and I got 114 in toefl. I know it is good but I am not that happy because I know getting higher score in NBDE is far more important than toefl. But I thank God for my score in toefl.........

Still waiting for NBDE.........

Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
@bddsgirl

aww this is an awwsm score..
dont worry u gonna get an awwsm score in nbde too..good luck :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:....
ur all posts r really motivating for all of us here...

god bless!!!

Hey bddsgirl..

Did u get ur scores?? Its almost a month.. try to call up ADA and ask if you haven't got them till now..May be they should be able to send you one more copy..

Good luck

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

The GC content in an acidic enviroment is what? Is it low?
I know the 3 DB's in GC are more heat resistant but what about acid? Thanks!

Hey guys,

So finally got my result and it is 91. I am happy. I thank God a lot. Without God`s help I couldnt have done this. And I thank all of my friends here who encouraged me, believed in me and prayed for me. I pray for all of my friends here who have still to write their test to get a score higher than me, the one I was expecting, around 95.

So my raw score is:
Anatomic Science : 87/100
Biochem/Physio : 84/100
Micro/ Patho : 86/100
Dental Anatomy : 92/100

Composite Score : 91

I dont know what else to write......Good Luck

Hey guys,

So finally got my result and it is 91. I am happy. I thank God a lot. Without God`s help I couldnt have done this. And I thank all of my friends here who encouraged me, believed in me and prayed for me. I pray for all of my friends here who have still to write their test to get a score higher than me, the one I was expecting, around 95.

So my raw score is:

Congratulations! This is an awesome score! Your hard work was paid off.
What advice can you give me? I am taking exam in middle of March. ANd also, for how many months did you study? Did you study every day, long hours? Thanks
And also, banana dance for you :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks a lot. I was expecting more but thats fine too. I studied for 6 months and study time varied between 0-10 hours per day. Mine was like somedays I did not get a chance to study and then some days I studied for about 10 days......but I would be better if you study consistently for about 6-7 hous per day. And i would also suggest you to study thoroughly whatever you study. Do not just study for the sake of reading......because you need to know the concepts very clearly.

And dont forget to go through all ASDA Papers.........

Good Luck

Hi BDS girl Congratulations thats an awesome score, would you mind sharing the national mean on your score card, thanks and good luck with your interviews.

Hey guys,
So my raw score is:

HI there..congratulations..job well done.. I personally feel you should have been above 92 with your raw score..people usually in 338-340 plus range make it above 92..like 93-94..may be it has do with other things than just the raw scores..

Whtever it is..you are in the impressive 90 plus league and a very good luck fr future..Do WELL, ALL THE BEST

Hey guys,

So my raw score is:

Congratulations on your good score. But I am not convinced with your raw score. especially with such scores in BioChem/Physio and
Micro/Patho you should have easily gotten above 96. I know three of my friends who got 91 percentile with a total score of 329, 330 and 331.
I also know a guy who got 98 percentile with a total of 357...

Your score scares the hell out of first timers who are yet to give their exams.

I am thinking the same thing..my exam is in about 10 days and her result is making me go nuts.. 349..man..its soooo tough to get and just 91 on such a great raw score..(No doubt 91 is a BIG NUMBER too, but people have got less raw scores and a higher composite score)

i also knw couple of people who are 92 plus and they have raw scores lile..336, 339, 341, 344 made 94 for a guy i knw..

Wht do i do for exam?? scared to death..

I know.....it is so confusing.......

Willdds,

National mean is :
Anatomic Science : 64.6
Biochem/Physio : 60.4
Micro/patho : 65
Dental Anatomy : 73.4

Hey Dr37,

Do not get scared. I think you will be fine. Just try to do your best. I dont know what their criteria is. My friend got 351 raw score and her composite score is 93. I think it depends in which subjects you get more right questions........like if you get more scores in DA which already has a higher national mean....then it does not improve your composite that much.......but if you get more right questions in Biochem/Physio which has a much lower national mean, then your compsite score is improved.......My friend just got more right questions in Biochem/Physio.......and the rest were lower than me......but still only 3 more right questions......and she got 93.

thats great bdds girl..all the best for ur exams.....do u think just studying indian textbooks and decks and asda exams would be enough and what did u study for revision....i am planning to write my exam in last week of march or april first week but nt sure how to go about it.. i am done with da going to do occlusion ,biochem 80 perc anat neuro part left[do we have to do that also in datail can u tell me the brain part} physio doing now patho half done..and micro got to start doing it.i guess i will complete my first reading in more 15 days..but then got to do a lot of revision..can u just give me some advise as to how to go about with the revision and stuff

heey guys what the national mean is????i didnt got that,,what has to do with the score ,,some1 explain plz

Hi Being Human,

I think you are doing fine. The key to this is revision, revision and revision. And also go through ASDA Papers thoroughly. It will help you a lot. Good Luck.

Hi Being Human,

I think you are doing fine. The key to this is revision, revision and revision. And also go through ASDA Papers thoroughly. It will help you a lot. Good Luck.
Thank you very much for the advice. I hope your dreams are going to be fulfilled. Good luck with your applications!

Hi bdsgirl,

Congrates for your great score. Ur hard work paid off. All the best for your future application process. U will succeed

Hey guys,

So my raw score is:

hi bddsgirl...!!!
awesome score...!!!! been long since i last posted ..been hibernating...!!!! but i had to congratulate u...!!! u showed really amazing dedication...!!! u deserve it..!!!

Thank you very much guys......... I really pray to God that you all also get the scores you want.......Good Luck to you all.

Congrats, bddsgirl! You did an amazing work!
What are you planning to do next? Univ? NDBE 2?

Best wishes for you.
And enjoy your success!

Thank you very much guys......... I really pray to God that you all also get the scores you want.......Good Luck to you all.

Can anyone please explain the math of this to me?

pH of a solution is 5.7 what is the H+ concentration? The answer is 2x10^-5.

Why is it 2 and not 1.. because it's 5.7 and not just 5? I remember learning a trick for this during DAT studying but have forgotten it.. anyone can help?! THanks so much!

How long do your guys study for this exam? In my school they give us like 3 weeks after finals during winter break to take it

Thank you.

I am planning to apply to Univ. There are not many left but I will see what happens.

Hey bdsgirls, Congratulations on your great score! you deserved it!!Can you please tell me where you did occlusion from? I am finding occlusion related questions hard to solve. I feel I am not getting the concepts right. Your help in this would be really appreciated!!

Hi Dent 2,

Thank you. I did occlusion from Wheelers and from Kaplan. I think that was enough for me. I found it very easy after reading from these two sources and also go through Decks and ASDA Papers. You will be fine.

hey bddsgirl...
how u doin !!! do u have by chance any lecture notes u can forward on molecular biology,,or kaplan materials pls !!
email is [email protected]
shukriat ! :) pls any useful info..

Hey Wadent,

Unfortunately I studied everything from my text books, Kaplan, decks and ASDA Papers, so nothing is in the computer which I can forward.

Good Luck

Hey Wadent,

Unfortunately I studied everything from my text books, Kaplan, decks and ASDA Papers, so nothing is in the computer which I can forward.

Good Luck
congratulation on your great scores.vow your score is really excellent.
can u tell me have u done any thing like exam master or nbde crack other than asda papers.Plz tell me what things I should do on the day of exam so that I can avoid any mistake.This is mine first and last time.If u cn give any tips plz. God help those who help themselves.what u did by ahard work .great job.