WWarriors: Into the WWild

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y’all, sorry I’m at work and have a shorter lunch break so I don’t have a chance to go through everything for reads. I’m getting out early and then I’ll go through.

Btw, I got another passive vision and this one actually named a player that visited Spottedleaf. Thoughts on how to proceed with this info?
This actually seems believable to me. Not something I would concoct to be convincing, but something I would give as a mod. communication with Mel or the dead is occurring, good to know but kind of useless right now. Could be really helpful in future 8 think.

definitely would NOT want that player outed.
 
So now we have two visions that seemingly don't give any info. I am def. seeing why SOV said this seemed like BS but I don't know what to do with it.

Pippy are you defending a noob wolf like you did way back when?
But that doesn't make any sense, why would you have JJ say these things, and you would have jumped on them much harder as being BS... I think i retract the Pip/JJ tinfoil
 
But what would the point of this kind of an action be? how would this info help anyone?
I dunno, maybe it is like a "warrior cats biggest fan" version of vanilla and she's just getting flair about the character backstories from the books. Maybe it's going to build up to more useful info. Maybe she already has critical info but can't parse it, and wolves left her alive because they decided genny was the more immediate threat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But that doesn't make any sense, why would you have JJ say these things, and you would have jumped on them much harder as being BS... I think i retract the Pip/JJ tinfoil
Would you?

JJ up for lunch. pips give her a role. Then defends her.
I challenge that role AND pippy’s noob defense and pippy overreacts (IMO).
gives her more nonsense to spout.

i could totally see working out that way if JJ wolf role was key.

But I give Pippy more credit than to vehemently defend another wolf like that. Unless there were a huge wolf reward to do so, that is bad wolfing early in the game, and I just can’t see Pippy being that reckless.

And also, I see that tidbit as the kind a mod releases. Tells us about some dead comm7nication going on. It is useful.
 
I dunno, maybe it is like a "warrior cats biggest fan" version of vanilla and she's just getting flair about the character backstories from the books. Maybe it's going to build up to more useful info. Maybe she already has critical info but can't parse it, and wolves left her alive because they decided genny was the more immediate threat.
Why would wolves even target that role in a role heavy game? There would be much bigger fish to fry than her, not to mention she is still a lynch target. you seem to make her out to be a much bigger target than seems appropriate. Not sure if that matters at all, just odd.
 
Okay, finally caught up! Here are some thoughts from the last 100 posts

Also I think this puts to rest any theories about lack of Clan affiliation being a wolfy thing since MsP was a kittypet and village

I agree with this statement. I think wolves are spread out among clans


Sure. There's also the chance that the entire wolf pack dies in < 3 cycles without a single one of them being lynched.
Correction: with one of them being lynched off of a public seering.

I don't know what they have on the protection side, and I don't know if Dina was straight chaos or wolf-aligned, so obviously I don't know the details, but I'm just saying that from a numbers standpoint, that seems like a ****show.

Rule #1 of modding: always assume things will play out as the worst-case scenario.
I feel like your being a lot more defensive today, especially in reference to the wolves...


when you give me some reads 😉

I don’t like Cats/AM’s interactions regarding Dubz and reads, both pretty evasive during this conversation.


I still think mrsdrdr has been grasping at straws and feels noob wolfish trying to post content but draw attention towards others and not herself. I want to hear more from her today, otherwise my lynch is going to her today again. I still don't like how easily you jumped on dubz for very weak reasoning, but you didn't react defensive or anything in response so you're giving me less feels over it.

JJ gave me feels for trying to say barks was lying about her ability, and mrsdrdr being on her lynch when they were both at risk kind of makes me wonder if both are noob wolves and mrsdrdr was trying to get some village cred if JJ got lynched.

Why did you answer Coffee and not AM?


I feel like wolves kept me around even though I revealed my clan bc they knew people were suspicious of me, or they planned to push lynching me today again too.

:shrug: That’s the info I got guys, take it or leave it lol

I don’t like how JJ keeps revealing stuff, it may be noobishness, but as a fellow noob last game I was a lot more cautious about what I said...

definitely would NOT want that player outed.
This statement is a little sketch to me, although leaning village because outing a player would give wolves more info.

Also, in the books it was usually medicine cats that could communicate with the dead, and one of them was Jay Feather...
 
I think I'm more interested in how many people knew that Tinkerer is genny's favorite village role.

Edit: potentially everyone who played in 90s, which is like half of the players in this game. Womp.
Btw, a two second search told me that was genny’s favorite role. So I don’t think someone knowing it before means much.
 
I don’t like Cats/AM’s interactions regarding Dubz and reads, both pretty evasive during this conversation.




Why did you answer Coffee and not AM?
Because I dislike AM expecting everyone to give her whatever she wants but not actually posting helpful information herself. This is not new behavior for me when it comes to her questions lol she could have looked back and found it herself if she wanted it.

I posted my read of Dubz yesterday. .tl;dr: ive wolfed with her before and know how manipulative and easily she can convince people of being village and her village and wolf play is basically the same.
 
Would you?

JJ up for lunch. pips give her a role. Then defends her.
I challenge that role AND pippy’s noob defense and pippy overreacts (IMO).
gives her more nonsense to spout.

i could totally see working out that way if JJ wolf role was key.

But I give Pippy more credit than to vehemently defend another wolf like that. Unless there were a huge wolf reward to do so, that is bad wolfing early in the game, and I just can’t see Pippy being that reckless.

And also, I see that tidbit as the kind a mod releases. Tells us about some dead comm7nication going on. It is useful.
I dont run a wolf pack like pippy runs a wolf pack, so no.

I hadn't even thought that maybe it was a speaking with the dead sort of thing.

I actually wondered if JJ made it up and said the wrong name not realizing that it's usually from the night before.

Now my tinfoil is that the first time was something you suggested, you bussed gently, then jj didnt understand and made this up and now you are trying to fix it
 
Because I dislike AM expecting everyone to give her whatever she wants but not actually posting helpful information herself. This is not new behavior for me when it comes to her questions lol she could have looked back and found it herself if she wanted it.

I posted my read of Dubz yesterday. .tl;dr: ive wolfed with her before and know how manipulative and easily she can convince people of being village and her village and wolf play is basically the same.

I remember your Dubz read, I was just wondering. And that makes sense. AM is very much an interrogator in these games rather then an information provider, which is helpful to get information out of others but harder to get a read on them
 
I'm a little concerned by SOV saying at the top of this page that JJ's ability could be very helpful in the future, and later on this page saying that her ability is not worthy of immediate wolf kill.

Kinda gives me the sense that we're getting a glimpse at the wolf kill prioritization schema, but I also have a hard time believing he'd be that obvious. :thinking:
 
Now my tinfoil is that the first time was something you suggested, you bussed gently, then jj didnt understand and made this up and now you are trying to fix it
That's a really bold fake role claim unless that role was wasted as a cover role. (Not the ability -- I'm talking about the role itself, which seems to match the claimed ability pretty darn well.)
 
Well Mel being Spottedleaf it makes complete sense to me that the ?? ability he had would be something along the lines of talking to the dead or being able to continue to visit alive players after his death bc that’s literally how spottedleaf continues to be a relevant character throughout the series.
also JJ said he’s Jayfeather right? Which would also line up with the ability he’s giving us. Obviously I’m not trying to say every cat is going to 100% match an ability but one about visions would 100% go to a medicine cat or a clan leader. So as of now I don’t think there’s anything off in particular about JJ’s ability.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont run a wolf pack like pippy runs a wolf pack, so no.

I hadn't even thought that maybe it was a speaking with the dead sort of thing.

I actually wondered if JJ made it up and said the wrong name not realizing that it's usually from the night before.

Now my tinfoil is that the first time was something you suggested, you bussed gently, then jj didnt understand and made this up and now you are trying to fix it
Okay not gonna lie I could see Pippy doing this buuuut idk if that’s the vibe I’m getting.
 
Well Mel being Spottedleaf it makes complete sense to me that the ?? ability he had would be something along the lines of talking to the dead or being able to continue to visit alive players after his death bc that’s literally how spottedleaf continues to be a relevant character throughout the series.
also JJ said he’s Jayfeather right? Which would also line up with the ability he’s giving us. Obviously I’m not trying to say every cat is going to 100% match an ability but one about visions would 100% go to a medicine cat or a clan leader. So as of now I don’t think there’s anything off in particular about JJ’s ability.
Also I’m leaning more towards him being able to visit alive players as “visions” because he was a sacrificial lamb.
 
I'm a little concerned by SOV saying at the top of this page that JJ's ability could be very helpful in the future, and later on this page saying that her ability is not worthy of immediate wolf kill.

Kinda gives me the sense that we're getting a glimpse at the wolf kill prioritization schema, but I also have a hard time believing he'd be that obvious. :thinking:
I said the player JJ saw visiting Mel can be very important....hence I said don’t reveal it. Nothing to do with JJ who so far is a bit player.

fwiw, on an unrelated note,my immediate read was that Mel‘s ability is to visit the players, but that is not the wording JJ Gave in that the player visited Mel. It gave the “agency“ to the player and not Mel.
 
I'm going to put my money on doggo out of the 4 :heckyeah: my second guess is Eriyo
I’m not getting any super strong feelings right now. I need to reread some from today and yesterday and do some iso. But my strongest feel is either Alissa or Mars but I’m willing to let Alissa live longer and get more info on/from her cause I know she normally does early. So I’m going to go
Lynch Mrs
I’m wouldn’t say that
Unlatch mrs
Lynch Barks
I haven’t gotten the village feel I normally do for her. I wish I could have been around more today to ask questing but alas I was not
Okay okay okay, I don’t think I can be mean...
Unlynch Barks
Lynch MsP
The progression yesterday was super ???
First mentioned Mrs and Alissa and voted Mrs
Seemed to unlynch Mrs for no reason
Did an iso and decided to lynch Barks
Asked barks to give her a reason to change her mind and doggo unlynched after barks merely said she couldn't seem to win with her posting
Then she lynched MS P who was not on the board and she had not mentioned as suspect

Doggo if you aren't silenced maybe you can explain your thought process of yesterday

Why did you unlynch Mrs?
Why did you lynch MsP?
 
Meh

Lynch Ziggy

RIP sunbodi

You trying to lynch someone over the sunny night kill sketches me out so much. Like you killed sunny so there would be many options to lynch people in the morning. First throwing shade at jj and now zigs.

I'm going to be grumpy pants if y'all lynch the newest noob D2 after she spent today defending herself and she flips village.

Oh after you went so hard after her in the morning 🙄

Like I think her day of defending herself does scream more village then wolf, its just interesting to see you completely flip your view and pretend you were never suspicious of her.

Ok upon ISO I think I’m still pretty good sitting on your lynch. I know a lot of people might be busy as the semester wraps up (that certainly is how it is for me at least) but I’m just not feeling it. While you’re line of questioning is nice, I feel like I haven’t gained any info that has come out of it, I think your reads are running on the lighter side and you keep saying you’re suspicious of some people but you never follow up on why or with what posts made you suspicious. For example you mentioned barks twice today that you wanted to hear more and then when she said more never followed up. You also mentioned caiter and the same thing. All of this screams not very village to me so I think I’m quite content keeping my vote there unless another mel-tdown happens (I don’t remember who used this but I really liked it)

I like this post and doggo is up on my sketch list.
 
You trying to lynch someone over the sunny night kill sketches me out so much. Like you killed sunny so there would be many options to lynch people in the morning. First throwing shade at jj and now zigs.



Oh after you went so hard after her in the morning 🙄

Like I think her day of defending herself does scream more village then wolf, its just interesting to see you completely flip your view and pretend you were never suspicious of her.



I like this post and doggo is up on my sketch list.
Cool these odds are looking even better 😏
 
You trying to lynch someone over the sunny night kill sketches me out so much. Like you killed sunny so there would be many options to lynch people in the morning. First throwing shade at jj and now zigs.



Oh after you went so hard after her in the morning 🙄

Like I think her day of defending herself does scream more village then wolf, its just interesting to see you completely flip your view and pretend you were never suspicious of her.



I like this post and doggo is up on my sketch list.
Cool these odds are looking even better 😏
sounds like i should go look at doggo closer
 
you know I have mentioned jj, barks, and dina all as people that I was feeling poorly about today but having them all on the board doesn't feel great
is there a name for this phenomenon?

"imawolfandifallthesepeopledietodayihavetotrytomakenewfakewolfreadstomorrowandthatiswork"

Something you’d like to share with the class?

Uhhh.. I don't like everyone pushing barks to completely role reveal as tracker last night.

Okay okay okay, I don’t think I can be mean...
Unlynch Barks
Lynch MsP

you won't lynch barks because you are nice. that is a weird excuse for unlynching someone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m back... and 7 pages behind. Will comment as I go.
unlynch Barks
She was my joke vote and should get off it
Going off gut feels at the moment
Lynch Paws
I feel okay with the Mel lynch too right now
Only took 30 minutes for 7 pages to catch up (or not)
Decides to lynch me instead of Mel

Just got caught up.
Would quote messages but that would take me to long and it’s wayyyy past my bedtime.
Feeling good about genny and cubs, their interacting, posts, and responses to the thread.
Am and pip seem like their village selves, but I’m not ready to say they are 100% village.
Not feeling good about Sunny. Seems highly stuck in a tunnel, I know people have its their meta, but not feeling it right now.
Kota seems to have good reasoning with her votes and seems to be wolf hunting, village lean right now.
Would like to hear more from jen, seems to be pretty quiet compared to her first game when I was clearly reading her village.
These are all the people I can think of right now, I’m legitimately falling asleep as I type this.
I hope to be more active tomorrow, but it won’t be till later in the evening, and depending on how many pages there are, will determine my activity.
Goodnight y’all!
Ok now caught up at 1AM, but doesn't give any reads on me, even though thats who they picked instead of mel

Genny and cubs feel like their normal village selves. They stuck out to me that’s why I put them on my list.
Not sure about Barks yet. I know she worked all day yesterday, that’s why she was quiet and had a list late last night. Is interesting that she also wrote similar things to what I said.
Dubz going to go neutral for now. She’s a great player and could probs fool me into thinking she village when she’s not.
Paws came out strong, have agreed and hmmed some of his posts. Would put slight wolf lean.
SOV, I can’t remember much about his posts from last night. Might do an iso later
Only gives a read on me after being asked for one

This is an interesting theory that makes sense.
What are your thoughts on Barks, Alissa, and BC?
Asking me for reads about others, but seems to have forgotten they were voting for me the day before. Commence flips that snowy detailed in her post from mrs to barks to msp
 
Ability doesn’t always indicate role...

So you got barks to role reveal and then say ability doesn't indicate wolf or village? What did you want from her?

Also tomorrow if someone else is tracker plz let us know so we can lynch barks again??

I don't see why this is so inflammatory, like if someone else has this role that wasn't here when ya claimed it and you got lucky then you'd be a wolf??

Ooh yeah. So in general in ww games on sdn, wolves don't try to claim a common role like that because it's a great way to get lynched real quick. Now the fact that all roles/abilities could be good or evil is a different issue, but I haven't seen someone fake a common PR in forever.
 
Few thoughts... exhausted from staying up but I managed to get a few hours of sleep. My test is in an hour and I still have a lot to do so idk how active I’ll be. Loving the post restriction on dubz. I’m thankful to be out of her tunnel (it was cold, dark, and smelled funny). Disagreeing with SOV. I firmly believe JJ is telling the truth. How did MsP die? Double kill or mod kill? Based on the write up I would guess double kill but I’m unsure. Still liking my lynch vote that I placed yesterday.
Honestly after last night if I was you I would also be okay with the lynch vote you placed yesterday. That being said you’re not going to lynch a wolf here. I tried to keep up yesterday and got confused/apparently was not paying attention as I read...
I'm going to put my money on doggo out of the 4 :heckyeah: my second guess is Eriyo




The progression yesterday was super ???
First mentioned Mrs and Alissa and voted Mrs
Seemed to unlynch Mrs for no reason
Did an iso and decided to lynch Barks
Asked barks to give her a reason to change her mind and doggo unlynched after barks merely said she couldn't seem to win with her posting
Then she lynched MS P who was not on the board and she had not mentioned as suspect

Doggo if you aren't silenced maybe you can explain your thought process of yesterday

Why did you unlynch Mrs?
Why did you lynch MsP?
I lynched MsP cause I wasn’t really sure who to vote for. I haven’t gotten super strong feels or reads about really anyone. I knew if I voted for her she would not be danger of being lynched. Also did not like how she hadn’t been posting all game. I unlynched Mrs because I didn’t like my vote there, I know it’s lame but that’s what happened

Only took 30 minutes for 7 pages to catch up (or not)
Decides to lynch me instead of Mel


Ok now caught up at 1AM, but doesn't give any reads on me, even though thats who they picked instead of mel


Only gives a read on me after being asked for one


Asking me for reads about others, but seems to have forgotten they were voting for me the day before. Commence flips that snowy detailed in her post from mrs to barks to msp
I was trying to stay caught up on recent pages for the lynch D1, had not read mels fauxjo at the time, that’s why I didn’t vote there. Otherwise I would have.
 
Fight me if y'all think I'm fishing here but I just had some major tinfoil form after that reveal. All I want to know is a yes or no to this. NO DETAILS: no clan, no role name, JUST YES OR NO.

I need to know if anyone tried to open a PM with Dina and if you were successful.

Twolegs aren't in a clan so to speak. So it makes me wonder if she was actually able to do so. Perhaps she was given an "honorary clan" for the sake of mechanics

saying yes doesn't mean anything! Like I said, Dina could have been given a clan for the purpose of the game

If nobody successfully opened a PM with Dina, but tried... this is where the tinfoil comes in

there are plenty of non-clan cat antagonists in the series. what if all the non-village characters aren't clan cats at all and can't pm with other players because they're not in a clan? If thats the case village can devise a way that everyone attempts to open a PM with each other so that we out the wolves. So if thunder clan, river clan, wind clan, and shadow clan players all try to open a PM with a specific player and are unsuccessful, that person would be non-village

examples of non-clan cat antagonists
monster = deadly car
cutter = kitty balls removing veterinarian (avoid at all costs)
Sharptooth = vicious mountain lion (cougar?) that threatened and killed cats from an ancient clan
greencough = plague that killed clan cats
rogues - not clan affiliated
badger - there's a huge battle with badgers in the series
dog pack - tigerclaw leads a loose dog pack into thunder clan to try to kill bluestar
snakes - known to kill clan cats

there are certainly enough roles here that would account for potential number of wolves in a game of this size

Yeah I don't think sporty would make the game solvable on mechanics alone
 
I'm actually content on doggo even if she isn't silenced, but still maintain that one of the remaining two players to not check in is going to be the suspect for MsP's death
Although another shiny tinfoil would be that you know that the wolf was unaffected for some reason and so were just hoping to see someone never check in...
 
I'm very uncomfortable with the prematurity of her reaction to Mel's lynch. The first thing she said after his fauxjo occurred was about how hilarious and wasteful it'd be if he flipped village. I can see that maybe from someone who's played several forum games, but as her first, it struck me as odd.

What do you think of pippy in light of you thinking jj is wolfy?

I don't agree with your wolf reads, but I also already kinda you sus so this just adds to it

So you are saying that because you and mrs don't have the same wolf reads, that means she is a wolf?

@Ms Procrastinator , wake up. Its essentially D3 and you havent posted more than once, much less cast a vote at me. Something wrong here.

Was MsP mod-killed?
 
"Her eyes flickered open at a sound that she knew must be the preparation of her breakfast, but instead of being met with a fresh can of wet food, she locked eyes with an unfamiliar feral.

She jumped from bed and tried to shove last night's dinner at him in a peace offering, but he flung it aside with the swipe of a paw. The only thing he seemed hungry for was blood."


and how would you suggest that this sounds like anything other than a wolf?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recognize that the bandwagon against Dina it didn’t lead to a villager lynch but that chaos role sounded potentially pretty helpful to village...what was that Dina situation last night? Sadly I fell asleep before close. There was basically no reasoning at all. Genny switched to Dina and then Pippy said not to lynch the noob and suddenly Dina is lynched with very little time to defend. I’m not even completely convinced with the noobs role reveal? It’s basically all sketch. Sure genny is PR claiming but those actions do not scream village?

I have to go take my very last exam of third year, be back around lunch.

So you are sad chaos was lynched, you think the nooblet who was defending herself literally all day yesterday is wolfy (thats a ballsy noob wolf), and you think genny might be a wolf....

Honestly, dina was on my suspicion list. Genny being village and not voting for the other contenders because they seemed village too made enough sense to me.

So youre calling me nooby, or saying that I cant share good analysis with a noob, or implying that im a wolf feeding her what to say? That was diretly contradict your last post about kota. But thank you for these, I have to find fewer of the Doggo posts I was looking for.

I mean it's one of all of those options. Not sure which one I feel is most likely.
 
Is it for sure a wolf kill?

Ms P in absentia was a really weird wolf kill choice when there were 3+ outed power roles on the thread.

There's fomenting suspicion, and then there is psychosis.
well, genny was killed, JJ's ability has questionable utility, and sure Barks came out to be tracker, maybe she'll die soon or maybe it'll come out that she is a wolf tracker 🙄
maybe the wolves wanted a kill that couldn't be well analyzed
wolves are not known for being predictable
 
"Her eyes flickered open at a sound that she knew must be the preparation of her breakfast, but instead of being met with a fresh can of wet food, she locked eyes with an unfamiliar feral.

She jumped from bed and tried to shove last night's dinner at him in a peace offering, but he flung it aside with the swipe of a paw. The only thing he seemed hungry for was blood."


and how would you suggest that this sounds like anything other than a wolf?
How else would you describe any kind of kill?

"The hangry (but deep down sweet) unfamiliar cat swatted her away from the food and she accidentally toppled over into her own giant Drinkwell water fountain and drowned" ...?

Like she had to end up dead at the end of that narrative somehow -- only so many ways to sugar coat that. And the rest of it where genny died sounds more like the wolf kill because it references back to the attackers from the previous night. In my mind, it's not guaranteed to be a double wolf kill... unless you know something we don't.
 
How else would you describe any kind of kill?

"The hangry (but deep down sweet) unfamiliar cat swatted her away from the food and she accidentally toppled over into her own giant Drinkwell water fountain and drowned" ...?

Like she had to end up dead at the end of that narrative somehow -- only so many ways to sugar coat that. And the rest of it where genny died sounds more like the wolf kill because it references back to the attackers from the previous night. In my mind, it's not guaranteed to be a double wolf kill... unless you know something we don't.
Versus what? Versus a vig kill or a mod kill? I think there is narrative in the story and that's the point, Sporty said there were clues in the write-ups.

If I'm right, MAJOR side eye to you pippy. You're trying to push a game solving attempt as crazy or unfounded, which I have absolutely seen you do in the past as a wolf.