WWarriors: Into the WWild

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is the first fair point I've seen regarding this
although I don't think I'd use a vig shot that way either
I might -- if I thought the ghosting was a sign that she was wolfy, and was trying to skate by unseen while doing juuuust enough to evade a mod kill, which she has definitely done as wolf in the past.

honestly the biggest point that I have right now for the kill being wolfy in origin is that this thread is dead af except for the two of us clawing each other's eyes out over it for a full page.
 
@ziggyandjazzy What's your read on Paws?
Moved to more neutral due to me agreeing with most of her reads (besides me of course) and others acting wolfier
Wbu?

Also @StayingPositive2017 i was making baked ziti then walked me dog 😉 again, trying to be healthier/ less obsessive
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a similar experience trying to PM with barks last night. The wording of it goes along with her role claim...I think.

Hmmm just saw she said she was blocked so now I'm rethinking this.

For the sake of openness, when I tried to PM her it said "she was too far away". I thought that meant she was the tracker and was off following someone.
 
I probably shouldn't even say this because ya'll will find a reason to make it something wolfy...

But I literally just realized that genny was dead. I missed the second spoiler on the write-up this morning and had to go back to the write-up three times after people were talking about her death before I saw it. Finals brain? Not enough coffee? Mad cow disease? idk my brain :smack:

clearly i was wrong about genny (sorry genny) lol

I keep going back and forth about Pippy. I feel like last game she wasn't playing as forcefully and defending herself as much when people called her out and I thought that was weird and wolfy for her. This game she's had some votes that have made me wonder, but how she's defending herself and some of the points she brings up make me lean her more village.

Dubz seems more village with the post restriction, but idk if that's a fair assessment to make lol

BC seems different than last game. I know she mentioned that shes busy until tomorrow, so willing to give benefit of doubt but i felt like i had an easier time reading her village then

Snowy's spoiler thing is weird to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can't remember her doing this for every single page previously? She's reading village to me at this point, but just something that's standing out

Wondering, ziggy, Caiter, cubs, Mrsdrdr are who I'm focusing on as wolfiest right now

barks, JJ, Kota, alissa, coffee, AM are in a realm of village-ish right now

everyone else is neutral-ish
You didn’t even say why you think any of that list is wolfy
So, why am I wolfy? What about everyone else on there
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
okie dokie

so to keep track of blocking claims here...

N1: pippy (+/- sunbodi? unclear, but bomb did not seem to explode & no one else claimed)
N2: dubz & barks
Dubz mewed, "I was also, I think, jailed n1. Either that or commuted."
 
You think the game was designed with more than one vig?

That would not surprise me if there were more then one vig in this game

Not a for sure thing, but of note, sometimes when silenced youre still allowed to like posts and also put in a vote through the mods. She did none of those things.

I think this is usually a rule of silencing.

Do people really think that mods would provide public kill tracking like that?

That's like... kinda game breaking.

Eh I kinda agree with pips, I doubt the wolf who killed her would be silenced today. I would guess her ability wouldn't affect anyone today because she's dead. But I mean if someone is silenced, that might change things.

For any action of course but then if you were the one to kill her it would be pretty obvious since her role would flip and you’d be the only one silenced. Idk it doesn’t seem any more game-breaking than being able to see someone commit the kill to me

Did jenjen silence her killer? I don't remember

I’m kinda bothered that wondering made a pretty long post yesterday and took the time to explain background info but didn’t vote

Same. Where is wondering? She really hasn't said a ton this game I feel.
 
I have never seen jailing before. Can someone explain it to me?
It's a combination of protection and blocking.

I typically think of jailing as preventing the jailed player's actions and then protecting them solely from incoming kills, but another mod might broaden that to protecting against all actions aimed at them.

There is also another role called Commuter where the player basically "leaves" the game at night -- they are un-targetable by anyone (and if the Commuter action is coming from someone else, it would mean the Commuting player is also unable to do their own action when they are "away").

From the brief skimming I've done of the online fan sites of this series, there are "clans" that are far away from the center of the action +/- may actually be in like, another plane of existence. I'm not going to say which ones they are (mostly because I forget, but also because I don't want to somehow "break" that function if it's a village ability), but it would make sense to me that some cats get exiled to one of these Other clans as someone's ability. Not sure if I'd lean that more wolfy or more village, though.

edit: definitely ninja'd because it took me way too long to type this.
 
@StayingPositive2017 did you ever say that the mods responded to your question? because I thought that was your primary rationale for thinking im sketch so im confused
 
Hi y’all, sorry I’m at work and have a shorter lunch break so I don’t have a chance to go through everything for reads. I’m getting out early and then I’ll go through.

Btw, I got another passive vision and this one actually named a player that visited Spottedleaf. Thoughts on how to proceed with this info?

hmm rezzer, someone who can ask the dead questions.. my top guesses
 
Also this pretty much confirms that wolves probably have cover roles (which also makes me twitchy) since why else would she need to role name seer people? or unless that was part of her wincon idk
btw, what is role name seer? You have to name somebody's role to see what they're up to?

What makes you think vig? "Bloodthirsty rogue" in the writeup doesn't sound terrible village to me.
I feel like a rogue in this context would actually make a lot of sense. I imagine them as an assassin type and probs not clan affiliated.

ATM I think @Eriyo is sketchy AF, when they piled onto my lynching yesterday they asked me a question about wording implying it was this huge slip up, then didn't respond to my post directed at them and immediately lynched me instead. Maybe they were looking for some kind of original thought before lynching me so it didn't seem like they were bandwagoning?

AM, alissa, kota seem village to me.

Why were a bunch of people voting for paws yesterday? What was the rationale?

Mrs I'm on the fence about.

I feel positive about pip and dubz but I don't think my opinion on that can be trusted bc they went to bat for me.
 
But that doesn't make any sense, why would you have JJ say these things, and you would have jumped on them much harder as being BS... I think i retract the Pip/JJ tinfoil
Dubz purred.
I don’t like how JJ keeps revealing stuff, it may be noobishness, but as a fellow noob last game I was a lot more cautious about what I said...
Dubz chuckled (cats chuckle ok!) and mewed, "You should read some of the noob games."
Because I dislike AM expecting everyone to give her whatever she wants but not actually posting helpful information herself. This is not new behavior for me when it comes to her questions lol she could have looked back and found it herself if she wanted it.

I posted my read of Dubz yesterday. .tl;dr: ive wolfed with her before and know how manipulative and easily she can convince people of being village and her village and wolf play is basically the same.
Dubz fixed caiter with a flat stare, "That's not a read, it's a cop-out," she hissed.

I dont run a wolf pack like pippy runs a wolf pack, so no.

I hadn't even thought that maybe it was a speaking with the dead sort of thing.

I actually wondered if JJ made it up and said the wrong name not realizing that it's usually from the night before.

Now my tinfoil is that the first time was something you suggested, you bussed gently, then jj didnt understand and made this up and now you are trying to fix it
"I am not sure I understand this tinfoil," dubz purred, "Could you explain what you mean?"

Well Mel being Spottedleaf it makes complete sense to me that the ?? ability he had would be something along the lines of talking to the dead or being able to continue to visit alive players after his death bc that’s literally how spottedleaf continues to be a relevant character throughout the series.
also JJ said he’s Jayfeather right? Which would also line up with the ability he’s giving us. Obviously I’m not trying to say every cat is going to 100% match an ability but one about visions would 100% go to a medicine cat or a clan leader. So as of now I don’t think there’s anything off in particular about JJ’s ability.
Dubz gazed at the ground, realizing her ideas about Spottedleaf had already been stated. But she was happy to see dolphin around, and hopeful to see some reads from her.

Also I’m leaning more towards him being able to visit alive players as “visions” because he was a sacrificial lamb.
"I would have thought this too," dubz mewed, "except that the phrasing JJ got seemed to imply it was the other player contacting mel."

...there is a terrible tinfoil brewing in my mind right now and I am poised to begin saying things that are utterly wack.

just warning everyone if/when it happens lol. I'm gonna go do some homework for a while so my brain doesn't start to melt.
Dubz's ears perked up at the mention of a shiny thing.

Like I think her day of defending herself does scream more village then wolf, its just interesting to see you completely flip your view and pretend you were never suspicious of her.

"When I was reading through, I saw a progression of pip's posts from pressure to defense," dubz mrowed. "I don't think she pretended she was never suspicious of JJ.

"imawolfandifallthesepeopledietodayihavetotrytomakenewfakewolfreadstomorrowandthatiswork"



Uhhh.. I don't like everyone pushing barks to completely role reveal as tracker last night.



you won't lynch barks because you are nice. that is a weird excuse for unlynching someone
"Would you have preferred she had gotten lynched without revealing?" meowed dubz quizzically. "Is there anyone in particular who you are looking at for pushing her to reveal?"
Is it for sure a wolf kill?

Ms P in absentia was a really weird wolf kill choice when there were 3+ outed power roles on the thread.

There's fomenting suspicion, and then there is psychosis.
Dubz thought back to a game she had run with an extra kill specifically designed to target low posters, but tabled the idea, because sporty doesn't seem as strict on participation levels.
 
Also I'm feeling more village about BC when people pointed out the organic reaction to the Mel thing. Granted people were trying to use my reaction to lynch me so idk how much stock I put in that
 
But that doesn't make any sense, why would you have JJ say these things, and you would have jumped on them much harder as being BS... I think i retract the Pip/JJ tinfoil

I am kinda confused with you talking to yourself.

I think I'm more interested in how many people knew that Tinkerer is genny's favorite village role.

Edit: potentially everyone who played in 90s, which is like half of the players in this game. Womp.

I mean I didn't know, but tinkerer is a common favourite so it would be a good guess. Also unless you are AM and like vanilla, most people prefer useful PRs like seer, tracker, watcher, tinkerer, and protector so whatever it was, I'm sure the wolves could have guessed it was important.

But I give Pippy more credit than to vehemently defend another wolf like that. Unless there were a huge wolf reward to do so, that is bad wolfing early in the game, and I just can’t see Pippy being that reckless.

This discussion will always remind me of a game where wolf!lupin strong defended noob wolf!lyra out of a lynch one of the first few days and they both ended up surviving for most of the game...

Okay, finally caught up! Here are some thoughts from the last 100 posts

Why did you answer Coffee and not AM?




I don’t like how JJ keeps revealing stuff, it may be noobishness, but as a fellow noob last game I was a lot more cautious about what I said...

Eh Caiter and AM playstyles don't mesh. NAI for caiter.

I feel like jj is revealing stuff because now we know her role and if she dies her information dies with her. The other option would be to tell a pm partner she trusts as village.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ATM I think @Eriyo is sketchy AF, when they piled onto my lynching yesterday they asked me a question about wording implying it was this huge slip up, then didn't respond to my post directed at them and immediately lynched me instead. Maybe they were looking for some kind of original thought before lynching me so it didn't seem like they were bandwagoning?

I actually agree with this. She initially followed someone's vote on coffee and then backed off under a little pressure saying she would think for herself, but then she jumped on your "we" wording, which I had brought up first so it again wasn't her original thought. She has been pretty much silent since then.
 
I feel like jj is revealing stuff because now we know her role and if she dies her information dies with her. The other option would be to tell a pm partner she trusts as village.
You take the words right out of my mouth, like I'm hoping my info will help even if it's in retrospect.

I am looking back at my passive info and you guys are right, there isn't a specific subject/object that I can figure out. They are there together, but the wording doesn't indicate to me who did the action. However the passage mentions the player first and then Mel second
 
Dubz fixed caiter with a flat stare, "That's not a read, it's a cop-out," she hissed.
Would you rather I say you being helpful to village means nothing to mean then? 😉 cause you’re always helpful, wolf or villager. You just tend to net results as a villager vs wolf there are more “whoops I guess I was wrong!” So I need more days to get an actual read on you. Right now you’re neutral for me, but I’m watching you.
 
Snowy's spoiler thing is weird to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can't remember her doing this for every single page previously? She's reading village to me at this point, but just something that's standing out
"She has done it previously when she subbed into a game," dubz mewed, "She was a wolf that time, but I think the act of doing it is NAI. The content is the important part."
Wondering, ziggy, Caiter, cubs, Mrsdrdr are who I'm focusing on as wolfiest right now
"Could you expand on these reads," dubz purred, "And on your village read of coffee?"
Or my reads just suck lol
Dubz scratched at a tree stump and purred, "What are those reads, exactly?"
 
Dubz considered page 41, and decided she would have to think on a determination of the pip/coffee fight. She wasn't sure it helped solidify a read on coffee. While she could see the logic in lynching a silenced player after MsP died, she also thought that seemed too easy in light of the existence of a bomb in the game. She hoped that if someone was silenced, there would be more consideration given than just reflex lynching them before they had a chance to speak.

Edit: for typo
 
Last edited:
Snowy's spoiler thing is weird to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can't remember her doing this for every single page previously? She's reading village to me at this point, but just something that's standing out

Did you want me to quote all those 40 pages? In the middle of D2 lynch? That would have possibly just been more of a nuissance to people already caught up.

The Horses spreadsheet triggered me.

My avatar is from horses, but I literally don't remember anything about that game anymore

The coffee/pippy fight is stupid. Its probably v/v
 
Would you rather I say you being helpful to village means nothing to mean then? 😉 cause you’re always helpful, wolf or villager. You just tend to net results as a villager vs wolf there are more “whoops I guess I was wrong!” So I need more days to get an actual read on you. Right now you’re neutral for me, but I’m watching you.
What are your wolf reads? I feel like you've discussed your "idk she's a mystery" read of Dubz like 10 times now. We get it. She's a mystery. Seems like a good person to leave alive to frame later.

I'm particularly interested in whether your read on Ziggy has shifted at all since you last defended her.
 
Hmmm just saw she said she was blocked so now I'm rethinking this.

For the sake of openness, when I tried to PM her it said "she was too far away". I thought that meant she was the tracker and was off following someone.

This seems like a noob village quote

"When I was reading through, I saw a progression of pip's posts from pressure to defense," dubz mrowed. "I don't think she pretended she was never suspicious of JJ.


"Would you have preferred she had gotten lynched without revealing?" meowed dubz quizzically. "Is there anyone in particular who you are looking at for pushing her to reveal?"

Yeah I am less suspicious of pips right now then earlier.

I would have preferred her not have to reveal. And it was alissa and kota that pushed her so noob + village leans already it doesn't make them sketchy, it just is something that annoys me.

Also until I hear more from her

Lynch Wondering
 
What are your wolf reads? I feel like you've discussed your "idk she's a mystery" read of Dubz like 10 times now. We get it. She's a mystery. Seems like a good person to leave alive to frame later.

I'm particularly interested in whether your read on Ziggy has shifted at all since you last defended her.
Lol I said it once yesterday, said it again when questioned why I didn’t say it to AM, and then expanded it further to Dubz just now. But okay pippy, you’re sassy today 😛

like I said today already, mrsdrdr is looking noob wolf to me.JJ I have some feels for but they are lessing a bit. Ziggy is giving me sketch vibes now with her trying to get dubz lynched today for mrsp’s death because of the post restriction and mrsp’s silencing ability. I think Ziggy posted quickly and didnt really think about it, but I don’t know if that’s because she’s village and was excited she thought a wolf was trapped OR she was hoping to try to get momentum on a dubz lynch and is a wolf.

After you and coffee fighting today, coffee is back to seeming more village to me after having feels for her with jumping on Dubz lynch right away with Ziggy. That seemed very v/v to me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"I am not sure I understand this tinfoil," dubz purred, "Could you explain what you mean?"
Now my tinfoil is that the first time was something you suggested (SOV gave JJ a lesser known pr to claim on thread), you bussed gently (then SOV shaded it as obscure/ not real so people would defend it), then jj didnt understand (jj didn't know usually you see the night before and made something up about mels character), and made this up and now you are trying to fix it (sov is now saying it makes perfect sense)

I'm not sure this matters as many people say this role is canon in the books