WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because I would have shared that info if I was a wolf? 🙄

If I was a wolf, I also would've chosen a cover role to share on thread. I signed on late in the conversation, it would have been easy to just claim something that hadn't been mentioned yet. There are a lot of infectious agents out there. It would have been cake.

Rabies had already been brought up a couple of times as a potentially wolfy disease. I wouldn't have shared my role if I wasn't village. Also, I would't admit to being unable to use my ability on a no kill night if I wasn't village.
1) I would totally put on the thread I was blocked. If blocker came on later, that would be damning.
2) everyone else had revealed by the time you did. If you didn't, that would have been sketch.
3) if you claimed somethings that is not real, it would have eventually led to your downfall, since we have a guaranteed role checker each day
 
1) I would totally put on the thread I was blocked. If blocker came on later, that would be damning.
2) everyone else had revealed by the time you did. If you didn't, that would have been sketch.
3) if you claimed somethings that is not real, it would have eventually led to your downfall, since we have a guaranteed role checker each day

I'd have to pick something that would be somewhat congruous with what my actual symptoms are, but I don't think it would have been impossible for me to claim a different disease and make it work. Especially if I'd had a pm thread full of people to brainstorm with all game. I'd think that the fact that RV can only be confirmed postmortem would help my case, if I were a wolf.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current feels:

Caiter: Somewhat lackluster posting, and some sketchiness. She tried to pass off an ambiguous presence visiting her N1 as if that meant she was cleared - DVMD responded with why that was not the case.





And then her soft vouch for Lyra. I know Lyra flipped village, but she had a TON of sketch around her. From a strategy standpoint, it would be easy for a wolf to vouch for literally the sketchiest person of the day, since of course they would know Lyra wasn't a wolf. Then they would get the warm fuzzy village points of not being a part of the bandwagon that lynched a villager. I don't know. It's all conjecture, but I don't feel good about her

That wasn't the first time I had defended Lyra. She knew my role since the beginning of day one. Before we had any idea about what type of roles wolves could be, hemangiosarcoma would have been such an easy thing for a wolf to try to get me lynched for. So I did have some trust for her, but not enough to say she was 100% village since I had only pm'd with her the first day before she'd moved groups.

I still really don't see the sketch around her, aside from a few things she had explained.

I felt like the pm was most likely a seer, just based on how I've gotten pms about being blocked or protected before. Clearly dvmd disagreed, and I gave her that. I just wanted to make sure dubz and stl saw it, because st the time they were the two with the most suspicions about me and I didn't know if it would help them at all
 
Hold up, isn't the village blocker dead?

So yeah, NSFW was village blocker:


Teeth marks all over his body and blood smeared all throughout the cage, @NSFW was found barely responsive in the morning and then passed away by the time someone could get an IV in him. He was a 12yo, intact chihuahua with severe dental disease, and he could block a person nightly with his horrendous halitosis. Maybe now someone could do a rectal on him.

​
​

And Coop was wolf block/protect, so unless there are multiple items floating around, who do you think blocked you, PBC?
 
I'd have to pick something that would be somewhat congruous with what my actual symptoms are, but I don't think it would have been impossible for me to claim a different disease and make it work. Especially if I'd had a pm thread full of people to brainstorm with all game. I'd think that the fact that RV can only be confirmed postmortem would help my case, if I were a wolf.

Yeah, because this helped BBC so much when she was a wolf in star wars 😉
 
So yeah, NSFW was village blocker:

And Coop was wolf block/protect, so unless there are multiple items floating around, who do you think blocked you, PBC?

How am I supposed to know? My pm didn't give specifics as to item, role, or game mechanic. I just know that I'm suddenly feeling much worse and couldn't perform my action last night. Hopefully it's not permanent, but I won't know until I try again tomorrow night.
 
Gonna be in trouble if this hemangio originated in the heart, not the spleen 😉

Meh. Given previous statements about pale, large black and brown dog, I'm taking my chances on it being splenic. But you are correct, could be heart base. Could also originate on the liver. Hence why I didn't recommend rads. Ultrasound would be good if you don't want to be invasive but then poor @WhtsThFrequency may not get to have fun.
 
Has anybody actually split the players up into medical diagnosis type groups yet?

We have cancer, so while I think we want to be very sure there isn't a faker there, we can kinda rule them out.

Among the congenital group, there is me (can't breath but adorable despite what whoever said, grrr) and who else?

Same for each of the others. Let's lay them out again and narrow it down to 5 groups. I think if we can actually do that, we can probably spot the wolves in the other 4 groups.

Remodelers just left. Landlord told them they weren't allowed to keep working. Young guy saw no problem with flooding the house with asbestos even while standing in the same room as 2 kids and a pregnant lady while it snows outside. 😡 So now I put kids to bed and feed 4 legged kids and tuck them in and then, if I still have a brain left, I will come work on my own suggestion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I already said this yesterday but I really don't like the idea of hunting based on theorized groups. We have no way of knowing what exact groups trilt chose, or which groups have wolves in them. It could be helpful but I could also see it going very poorly.
I agree... I almost wonder if she didn't RNG the wolves. It could be helpful because STLs list of suspect wolves looks really good to me (all of which have seemed wolfy AND follow the category theory), but I don't want to get too tunnel-sighted
 
I agree... I almost wonder if she didn't RNG the wolves. It could be helpful because STLs list of suspect wolves looks really good to me (all of which have seemed wolfy AND follow the category theory), but I don't want to get too tunnel-sighted
Certainly possible, which is why I kinda abandoned my spreadsheet.

I do still think it *may* be interesting for testing purposes, though. Just not as "omg there are the wolves" purposes.

sent from ma fone
 
the snark only comes out when it's warranted.

anyway i feel like the serher thing is too easy right now, i mean if we're really lucky then yay DVMD chose the right person to block and there was no kill bc serher was blocked but of course there are other more nefarious possibilities (conversion being the worst case).

PBC has rabies and causes people to have weird post restrictions like Pippy and whoever was posting wizard crap right? I'm super sketched out by that to be honest.
 
I mean PBC was allegedly blocked, nobody has a weird post restriction, the people who had them say a kitten was involved, rabies is scramblebrains, it makes sense...
I'm just so darn cute, I flabergast everyone with my kittenish charm. 😀

It's not nearly as sketchy as the silencing role I had in the star wars game. At least my posting restrictions don't totally prevent people from talking and participating in discussion. IMO a silencing role would be worth sketching you out. Post restrictions not so much.
 
I'm just so darn cute, I flabergast everyone with my kittenish charm. 😀

It's not nearly as sketchy as the silencing role I had in the star wars game. At least my posting restrictions don't totally prevent people from talking and participating in discussion. IMO a silencing role would be worth sketching you out. Post restrictions not so much.

It doesn't seem particularly villager though...doesn't really hurt wolves because of their PM.

Kinda chaos.
 
I'm just so darn cute, I flabergast everyone with my kittenish charm. 😀

It's not nearly as sketchy as the silencing role I had in the star wars game. At least my posting restrictions don't totally prevent people from talking and participating in discussion. IMO a silencing role would be worth sketching you out. Post restrictions not so much.
Except you are using it to mess with people being able to communicate effectively... And one posting restriction person already flipped villager, doesn't bode well for you flipping villager as well.
 
Except you are using it to mess with people being able to communicate effectively... And one posting restriction person already flipped villager, doesn't bode well for you flipping villager as well.
I seem to recall you having a particularly annoying post restriction ability as a villager in dy's anesthesia game 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because I would have shared that info if I was a wolf? 🙄

If I was a wolf, I also would've chosen a cover role to share on thread. I signed on late in the conversation, it would have been easy to just claim something that hadn't been mentioned yet. There are a lot of infectious agents out there. It would have been cake.

Rabies had already been brought up a couple of times as a potentially wolfy disease. I wouldn't have shared my role if I wasn't village. Also, I would't admit to being unable to use my ability on a no kill night if I wasn't village.
Sounds waaaaaay too fishy. It's like an "us villagers" excuse. "Oh if I was a wolf, would I have done X?" Yes. Yes you easily would've.

I'm just so darn cute, I flabergast everyone with my kittenish charm. 😀

It's not nearly as sketchy as the silencing role I had in the star wars game. At least my posting restrictions don't totally prevent people from talking and participating in discussion. IMO a silencing role would be worth sketching you out. Post restrictions not so much.
I'm getting majorly sketched out by this. Enough to move you from neutral to wolfy.

Lynch PBC.

I just don't trust her- at all.
 
Could be chaos, which would just be all kinds of ridiculous because how many times can PBC get those roles??
At any rate I feel like her posts have been village. Being rabies doesn't help though.
My role pm does not say my affiliation, so I am village.

I refused to use my silencing ability in the Star Wars game because I didn't see any way that it would help the village. With this role, it adds a little fun to the thread and every restriction I've submitted allows the person to substitute writing a certain way with posting a meme or picture. (They still have to put a little extra effort into posting, but I made sure that they still have a way to post clearly. And I've only chosen people who weren't high on our wolf suspicions, so it wasn't likely they'd have to defend that day.) GB was required to mention a magical creature OR post a picture of a magical creature with each post. Pippy could post related sad cat memes instead of diary entries. At least, that's the wording I submitted. I don't know if mod gods changed anything.

Regarding rabies, I'll use your words:

I already said this yesterday but I really don't like the idea of hunting based on theorized groups. We have no way of knowing what exact groups trilt chose, or which groups have wolves in them. It could be helpful but I could also see it going very poorly.
 
Sounds waaaaaay too fishy. It's like an "us villagers" excuse. "Oh if I was a wolf, would I have done X?" Yes. Yes you easily would've.

I'm getting majorly sketched out by this. Enough to move you from neutral to wolfy.

Lynch PBC.

I just don't trust her- at all.
I kind of like this and want a bit of dispersion of votes across my dream team, see how they handle the pressure. Get a little more discussion going.
 
If I'm lynched because of my role and ability, at least I can put this down as the game I was engaged enough that @LetItSnow had me on his strong village list. Somehow I always play like a sketchy villager. This is a huge accomplishment for me.

I've run into a rut the last few games I've played, where I get behind on the thread and don't participate much. I've posted over 70 times this game, and I helped lynch a wolf D1. I haven't been on a role (Lyra wasn't a wolf, and I had feels for her since D1) but I've been playing the best village game I have in a long time.
 
I've been completely honest about my role and ability @cdoconn. I stand by my statement that I would not have admitted to being rabies if I was a wolf. It had been brought up on thread before and I knew it would generate suspicion. Cover roles have worked for wolves before, and @SummerTheLynx knows exactly how stupid my wolf game can be (*cough*faviritethings*cough*) that I'd be willing to try it.
 
@PippyPony and @Great Butts, would you mind sharing the restrictions I gave you? I want to see if Trilt kept the option to post with an image instead of mentioning creatures/posting diary entries. I specifically wrote that into my actions.
 
Except you are using it to mess with people being able to communicate effectively... And one posting restriction person already flipped villager, doesn't bode well for you flipping villager as well.
If Lyra flipping village would put extra suspicion on me, why did I vote for her every day since D1?

My play does not line up with wolf play. That's WIFOM, but I feel like it's pretty clear which team I'm batting for. I'm playing village and I am village.
 
@PippyPony and @Great Butts, would you mind sharing the restrictions I gave you? I want to see if Trilt kept the option to post with an image instead of mentioning creatures/posting diary entries. I specifically wrote that into my actions.
I don't mind as long as @Trilt doesn't mind (trilt, OK to quote from PM?)

But that being said, I also don't know how much it's going to help to counter some of the arguments -- I don't think anyone's disputing that you've been sending out the restrictions at this point, or the guidelines of the restrictions. Just the intent.

sent from ma fone
 
If I'm lynched because of my role and ability, at least I can put this down as the game I was engaged enough that @LetItSnow had me on his strong village list. Somehow I always play like a sketchy villager. This is a huge accomplishment for me.

I've run into a rut the last few games I've played, where I get behind on the thread and don't participate much. I've posted over 70 times this game, and I helped lynch a wolf D1. I haven't been on a role (Lyra wasn't a wolf, and I had feels for her since D1) but I've been playing the best village game I have in a long time.

LIS had you on his strong village list D1 because you came out swinging. He did the same *exact* thing with Zen in the last game, and she was a wolf. He puts a disclaimer in those early reads acknowledging there are likely some that are wrong, so I'm not incorporating that into my decision making process one way or another.

I definitely could see you strongly bussing a fellow wolf D1 to cement the village reads on you, though.

sent from ma fone
 
Here's the part where I say I'm on necropsy until 6pm my time (an hour after close) and I'll only be able to check in on my break. If this turns into a late day bandwagon, I won't be around.
 
I don't mind as long as @Trilt doesn't mind (trilt, OK to quote from PM?)

But that being said, I also don't know how much it's going to help to counter some of the arguments -- I don't think anyone's disputing that you've been sending out the restrictions at this point, or the guidelines of the restrictions. Just the intent.

sent from ma fone
I think the intent will be more clear if the restrictions are posted. You should have had a meme loophole that would allow you to post normally (not in diary format) if you'd chosen to use it.
 
Also...I lol'ed at some of nyanko's posts last night, but they still didn't get rid of that nagging feeling there is something off. I'm game for spreading out some pressure.

May go back to serher after further evaluation, but for now:

**************Unlynch serher*************
**************Lynch @nyanko************

sent from ma fone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't mind as long as @Trilt doesn't mind (trilt, OK to quote from PM?)

But that being said, I also don't know how much it's going to help to counter some of the arguments -- I don't think anyone's disputing that you've been sending out the restrictions at this point, or the guidelines of the restrictions. Just the intent.

sent from ma fone
no restrictions on quoting this game