WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

@Great Butts can you confirm your posting loophole as well?



I've tried to use my ability in a way that fulfills what the mod gods intended but doesn't hurt the village. That's why I wrote my restrictions the way I did.
I'm currently not able to type too much at the moment, but yes, I did get a restriction that allowed for me to include pictures/mentioning magical creatures. I was not sure if it was "either post a picture/mention a creature OR write as if etc."
 
no restrictions on quoting this game
OK cool, then here is the PM message (apologies if formatting comes out weird, I'm at work on my phone)

At some point during the night, THE. CUTEST. KITTEN. EVER!! wandered up to you. You were so flabbergasted by her adorableness and little head tilt that you now find yourself unable to talk properly. For the DAY CYCLE, you have a post restriction:

Every post must be formatted as an entry in Sad Cat's Diary (a la the Friskiest videos on YouTube). Related sad cat memes may be accepted in place of diary entries in some posts.


sent from ma fone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ser has felt sketch to me sense the Coop lynch. I do think she has defended well though, so I'm not completely confident voting for her. I'll

Lynch Ny

to spread the pressure a little more evenly across the board.
 
Also...I lol'ed at some of nyanko's posts last night, but they still didn't get rid of that nagging feeling there is something off. I'm game for spreading out some pressure.

May go back to serher after further evaluation, but for now:

**************Unlynch serher*************
**************Lynch @nyanko************

sent from ma fone

I could go for a Ny lynch too, but I think it's be stupid not to lynch serher after a no kill night and them getting blocked
 
I'm going to

Lynch ny

She's been helpful for the veterinary discussion of things, but I haven't actually heard much about gameplay-related opinions.
 
I just told you my opinions on both serher and on PBC. I'm okay with lynching either of them today. I think both are going to be lingering questions and am a bit annoyed that we're getting sidetracked on me.
 
I feel like this was also said about me in the immuno game, quite literally.
I believe the same exact phrasing was used :laugh:

I don't know. I'm not seeing anything particularly wolfy coming from ny, though I'm also not entirely sure I've played a game where she was a wolf. Are there specific things people are seeing that I missed, or is it just a general feeling? I've got ny in my neutral category so I won't fight too hard against that lynch, except that it would suck to take out one of our few vets without good reason.

I agree with what PBC has said about her gameplay...from my reading she seems to be playing village. Not perfect, but village never is. There's so much focus on her role right now and I feel like it's misplaced.
 
the snark only comes out when it's warranted.

anyway i feel like the serher thing is too easy right now, i mean if we're really lucky then yay DVMD chose the right person to block and there was no kill bc serher was blocked but of course there are other more nefarious possibilities (conversion being the worst case).

PBC has rabies and causes people to have weird post restrictions like Pippy and whoever was posting wizard crap right? I'm super sketched out by that to be honest.

^I thought you didn't like ser as a lynch today?

I just told you my opinions on both serher and on PBC. I'm okay with lynching either of them today. I think both are going to be lingering questions and am a bit annoyed that we're getting sidetracked on me.
 
I am trying to decide between Serher and PBC based on the last couple days.

I have been leaning Ser, but also thought that if Rabies came out, I had to vote for it. I actually really like PBCs ability and would like it to stay and for it to be village. But Rabies!

I know my memory is useless, but what was Serher's ability? Cat so she can move, but what else? Has she said? (Please correct my pronoun if wrong, my brain keeps twitching every time I type "she.")
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am trying to decide between Serher and PBC based on the last couple days.

I have been leaning Ser, but also thought that if Rabies came out, I had to vote for it. I actually really like PBCs ability and would like it to stay and for it to be village. But Rabies!

I know my memory is useless, but what was Serher's ability? Cat so she can move, but what else? Has she said? (Please correct my pronoun if wrong, my brain keeps twitching every time I type "she.")
She has not said on thread though I believe she told cdo.
 
I'm really confused why we have two people others have expressed suspicions of before and currently that were blocked on a no kill night and some how neither of them are the top lynch candidate.

I mean, Lyra was lynched for a few posts some people found questionable, but ser and pbc have both that and being blocked (plus at the very least pbc seems to be chaos with her ability)

Edited to add: and somehow people aren't suspicious of them
 
Last edited:
I'm really confused why we have two people others have expressed suspicions of before and currently that were blocked on a no kill night and some how neither of them are the top lynch candidate.

I mean, Lyra was lynched for a few posts some people found questionable, but ser and pbc have both that and being blocked (plus at the very least pbc seems to be chaos with her ability).
I think this is partially due to the fact that *over half* of the current players still haven't voted. Where t h is everyone?

sent from ma fone
 
Yup I voted right after caiter @Trilt!

Somehow didn't even notice my vote hadn't been on the tallies lol
lynch serher


Kind of odd that you question the posting restriction being the reason for the lynch, and then state that was your reason for it. The reminders that wolves could have posting restrictions were specifically because people were using it as a reason to clear her, not because it made her more wolfy or anything like that.
 
Edit: jk, that's what I get for trying to be helpful and update lynch 😛
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unofficial updated Lynch Tally
serher (5)
- Hmoo, Caiter, WZ, Ny, WZ
LotF (1) - STL
PBC (1) - Cdo
Ny (3) - Pippy, PBC, AM

9/17 - Lynch deadline at 8PM EST; you have TWO HOURS @Great Butts, @Jilary, @DVMDream, @Mad Jack, @mmmdreamerz, @serher, @SportPonies
@LadyOtheFarm
(Caiter, looks like Trilt had already edited her post to WZ in there, in the correct order 🙂 )

sent from ma fone
 
I'm suspicious of ny as well...but supplying posting restrictions seems way more wolfy than villager...it def doesn't seem to help village.

Lynch PBC
 
For everyone saying that my role is more wolf than village, I'd like to see a list of the last 5 games that included roles like mine, and how many of those players were wolves. I'll wait.
 
I'm currently not a fan of the serher lynch. I know the blocking is suspicious, but I just don't feel it right now. I'm also confused about PBC possibly being blocked since we lost a wolf and villager blocker and DVMD used an item on serher. I haven't had any items or the boosting STL spoke of, so I'm not sure if there is more than one blocking item.

Lynch PBC

Still want to go back and look at somethings too.
 
Also, if I were a wolf I would have targeted people that have contributed most conversation and info. STL, Dy, LIS . . . They would have had image only restrictions and wouldn't have been able to communicate worth crap.


Tell me again how wolfy my role seems.
 
Also, ny messaged me her ability right before she left. There is no way she's a wolf with that

Have you talked to ny a lot? It feels weird to me that she would just message you her ability right before she leaves and you would vouch for her like that...
 
This is trilt, your point is invalid IMO. I could see your role being wolf, village, neutral or chaos.
Can't speak to her point, but my point when I pointed out the same thing was that people keep saying "wow this ability is definitely wolf or chaos" when it's really...not. Not saying it couldn't be, just that it really shouldn't be part of the equation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you talked to ny a lot? It feels weird to me that she would just message you her ability right before she leaves and you would vouch for her like that...
No, that was the first. And not really. There's nothing wolfy about that ability.
 
Also, if I were a wolf I would have targeted people that have contributed most conversation and info. STL, Dy, LIS . . . They would have had image only restrictions and wouldn't have been able to communicate worth crap.

dyachei isn't even playing this game. Did you mean ny? If so I am confused about why you consider her at the top of the list of people who have contributed conversation during this game.
 
If she has an ability I don't see why she would tell you without having talked to you first...seems like a bit of a risk unless she's sure you are not a wolf. This is honestly making me look harder at both of you.
Yeah, but sometimes you're screwed and you have to take a risk. She clearly wasn't suspicious of me enough to stop her from trying.

Im not outing her ability on thread, but there is no way she started the game as a wolf with this. We're down to 17 with 3ish wolves left and tonight possibly being a two kill night if a wolf has an EOD extra kill (since night 2 was a three kill night), so of course I'm going to vouch for someone when we have two people blocked on a no kill night that seem like way better candidates to me.
 
No, but this is interesting. Based on the initial write up -- the "(foreshadowing!)" part -- I was wondering if maybe our illnesses wouldn't kill off a few of us eventually like ticking time bombs.
Does anyone think this would be a possibility for the extra kills vs. extra kills given to wolves?