WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that is kind of her point...

What is her point? That it wasn't caiter creating the presence? In which case, how'd we have known that unless someone...

A. Mentioned the presence again
Or
B. Brought up what jilary just did.

Either way...isn't it a good thing we have that info??? Why the third degree about me posting something that gives us more information?
 
What is her point? That it wasn't caiter creating the presence? In which case, how'd we have known that unless someone...

A. Mentioned the presence again
Or
B. Brought up what jilary just did.

Either way...isn't it a good thing we have that info??? Why the third degree about me posting something that gives us more information?

A single expression of skepticism about your motives for potentially highlighting the existence of another protector is "the third degree"? OhhhK.

sent from ma fone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A single expression of skepticism about your motives for potentially highlighting the existence of another protector is "the third degree"? OhhhK.

sent from ma fone

Seriously? Any player that is even half way intelligent is going to see "odd night protector" and think..hmm, even night protector??

You don't even know if presence=protector.

Seriously? To suggest that is "giving away" the possibility of another protector when just the mod mentioning odd night protector is enough to give that possibility is beyond silly.
 
I agree, that comment raised my eyebrows
Yeah, add that to my list of things I don't like from the last 24 hours proceedings.

That list also includes:
- DVMD not voting for serher until late in the day, despite bringing up the blocking thing first thing
- STL starting the serher vote, flipping on to LoTF, and continuing to *sit* on that single vote during a potential tie, while pushing PBC enough to feed a last minute bandwagon that broke said tie

I am all for looking at serher today, but people need to start considering other scenarios here in the chance she flips village. If she actually is a conversion detector, please think hard about statements that people have made to try to belittle that possibility and to get people to interpret it as a sketchy role claim.

sent from ma fone
 
Yeah, add that to my list of things I don't like from the last 24 hours proceedings.

That list also includes:
- DVMD not voting for serher until late in the day, despite bringing up the blocking thing first thing
- STL starting the serher vote, flipping on to LoTF, and continuing to *sit* on that single vote during a potential tie, while pushing PBC enough to feed a last minute bandwagon that broke said tie

I am all for looking at serher today, but people need to start considering other scenarios here in the chance she flips village. If she actually is a conversion detector, please think hard about statements that people have made to try to belittle that possibility and to get people to interpret it as a sketchy role claim.

sent from ma fone

I flat out stated after posting that info that I wasn't going to vote for her until the following day because I wanted more discussion.

I was at work dealing with a double booked day and didn't remember until someone tagged me into the thread. You are seriously nit picking on silly things.
 
Seriously? Any player that is even half way intelligent is going to see "odd night protector" and think..hmm, even night protector??

You don't even know if presence=protector.

Seriously? To suggest that is "giving away" the possibility of another protector when just the mod mentioning odd night protector is enough to give that possibility is beyond silly.
Fair, particularly since this does not seem to be even/odd night thing (having operated 2 nights in a row) but I still am not a big fan of the reaction that is coming from you right now, and I'm just going to leave it at that for the moment.

sent from ma fone
 
Fair, particularly since this does not seem to be even/odd night thing (having operated 2 nights in a row) but I still am not a big fan of the reaction that is coming from you right now, and I'm just going to leave it at that for the moment.

sent from ma fone

Lol. That's my normal reaction when people aren't making logical sense. But you haven't played many games with me so I get it.
 
I am all for looking at serher today, but people need to start considering other scenarios here in the chance she flips village. If she actually is a conversion detector, please think hard about statements that people have made to try to belittle that possibility and to get people to interpret it as a sketchy role claim.

sent from ma fone

I'm pretty confident serher will flip wolf, and if she does, DVMD will be most likely village.

Conversion detector IS a completely sketchy role claim - it's not a bad last ditch effort to save your skin, but I will be shocked if serher isn't a wolf.
 
Lol. That's my normal reaction when people aren't making logical sense. But you haven't played many games with me so I get it.
Hey, I still haven't had breakfast OR caffeine yet -- I'm claiming a one-time pass if I'm not sharp as a tack 😉

Along those lines, though, I did legitimately enjoy the snark coming from your way last night. Actually LOLed at the "sure!" comment 🙂

sent from ma fone
 
Hey, I still haven't had breakfast OR caffeine yet -- I'm claiming a one-time pass if I'm not sharp as a tack 😉

Along those lines, though, I did legitimately enjoy the snark coming from your way last night. Actually LOLed at the "sure!" comment 🙂

sent from ma fone

Hey, Great Butts wanted to discuss others, so I brought up someone else... 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I ask why I'm on the radar?
It's all relative, I have a list from wolf to villager and you floated to near the top when compared with others. I have reasons for others to not be on my radar and don't have any for you yet, so need to go hunting when I get the chance.
 
I also would like to know whether they mayor role has to be villager. That death write-up very well may have been artistic licence, but the fact that her death was out of negligence, rather than due to her diagnosis, makes me look at cdo a little harder than I was before. If wolfy mayor roles aren't out of the question, I think it would be worthwhile to look into her a little bit.
 
Mayor doesn't have to be village but it would be very odd to have an investigative role like that, and one that evwryone would trust by default, be a wolf. Don't know that trilt would tip the scales to the wolves that heavily when it is already difficult to determine who is wolfy based on roles.

Maybe we have another human hiding somewhere?
 
I also would like to know whether they mayor role has to be villager. That death write-up very well may have been artistic licence, but the fact that her death was out of negligence, rather than due to her diagnosis, makes me look at cdo a little harder than I was before. If wolfy mayor roles aren't out of the question, I think it would be worthwhile to look into her a little bit.
Conversion target? (If serher is lying and there was actually a conversion)

sent from ma fone
 
Mayor doesn't have to be village but it would be very odd to have an investigative role like that, and one that evwryone would trust by default, be a wolf. Don't know that trilt would tip the scales to the wolves that heavily when it is already difficult to determine who is wolfy based on roles.

Maybe we have another human hiding somewhere?

Or simple artistic license by trilt?
 
I guess it just depends whether or no you believe serher...the only thing I wonder about if why they would convert with so many wolves left?
That's a good point, but maybe the converter wanted to convert before they died? It wouldn't surprise me if serher is the wolf converter. Sometimes they can only convert when there is one wolf left, but other times they can convert whenever they want.
 
Is that a serious question? To get more wolves. You want ALL THE WOLVES if you're a wolf imo

Well yeah lol. Maybe I haven't played in enough games but it seems like conversions tend to happen later in the game (when there's less wolves) because they want to spend the nights killing while there's still a lot of wolves. Why convert early and give up a night kill opportunity when you don't need to yet:shrug:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well yeah lol. Maybe I haven't played in enough games but it seems like conversions tend to happen later in the game (when there's less wolves) because they want to spend the nights killing while there's still a lot of wolves. Why convert early and give up a night kill opportunity when you don't need to yet:shrug:

The most important thing for wolves is to outnumber villagers. Killing is the usually way to go about this, but it seems like there'd be less blood on their hands to leave players in the game and just convert them. The more people to jump on a bandwagon, the better. And they double as taking the attention away from an original.
 
The most important thing for wolves is to outnumber villagers. Killing is the usually way to go about this, but it seems like there'd be less blood on their hands to leave players in the game and just convert them. The more people to jump on a bandwagon, the better. And they double as taking the attention away from an original.

I guess I wasn't really looking at it like that, but you are right.
 
I think we should take a strong look at nyanko after serher is gone.

unfortunately, I think STL would be a good conversion target - IF we have had a conversion - just to keep in mind once we get all the originals
 
I'm betting our no kill night was a conversion night

Or the muzzle really prevented serher from killing if she turns up wolf.

Or a protection was successful

Or some other game mechanism.

Not saying a conversion didn't occur just that there are a many number of explanations for a no kill night.

We also have to keep in mind that in some games kills and conversions are allowed on the same night. Just don't want anyone getting tunnel vision on any specific night as "that's when a conversion had to have occurred".
 
Unfortunately the person I revealed my ability to was killed last night or she'd be vouching for me even more strongly today because I was in the process of proving it to her last night, but obviously it failed because she died.
 
By the way, have we not done any diagnostics on anyone lately? Where's @cdoconn been?
So I was unable to submit one for yesterday. The way that Trilt phrased my ability made it seem that I would get the results even before lynch closed. So I didn't want to submit the diagnostic test 5 hours before, if I wouldn't be able to change it and was locked in on that answer. so I was going to do it between my exam and my meeting. When my exam ran late and the meeting started early, I forgot about it. By the time I got to my phone, it was 7:06pm cst and lynch had closed.

My last diagnostic test was the serher T4 test on Tuesday
 
My theory is now that it was a conversion night, cdo may have gotten converted that night, but serher is still a wolf.

****************lynch serher*********************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so far behind in this I don't know if I'll ever catch up.

I guess it's nice being able to be completely lazy