WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just that I'm clearly not as fixated on it as you are, because I got a sketchy af disease and was ok with voluntarily hinting at it prior to when people decided to reveal, similar to how you mentioned bravecto early on. I'm with WZ on this one -- the more we go down a rabbit hole of pinning people into wolf vs. village based on disease, the less I like it. I honestly wish I hadn't even suggested there might be categories in the first place.

Fair enough point. And I don't necessarily disagree on the let's not pigeon hole the group thing...even suggested it myself at some point, thanks for reminding me about not focusing on that.
 
Some people don't have the weekend off.... :yeahright:

And I'm going to wait on serher results and what happens the night after before we jump to "MJ needs to be lynched next". You very well may be right, but you jumping into the "we need to do this, then this" screams how you play as wolf so I'll be keeping a close watch there.

Based on where my vote is sitting, I clearly think MJ is a good next step...but I also agree that there has been an increasing suggestion of orchestration coming from STL's direction, so I think this is smart.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UnOfficial Lynch Serher Lynch tally
Ser (11)
– MJ, DVMD, LotF, Jil, Hmoo, Ny, WZ, STL, Butts, cdo, SP
cdo () -
MJ (4) - 3m, serher, Pippy, AM
15/15 votes
 
As for MJ - I could see both sides on the initial conversation that STL thought was damning, but the other slip up actually struck me as worse, and his explanation for that one was weaker. The way I'm reading what he said about LIS makes sense, but I'll say the same thing I said to ser about karabou (I think that's who it was anyway), if the rest of the pack has a good reason for a kill, you'll be hard pressed to convince them otherwise just because the person sort of trusts you. I dislike when people use the "oh but I wouldn't have killed so and so" argument as if they are the one making all the decisions.

Still think the ser question needs to be answered so I'm keeping my vote there. I'm not seeing anything to indicate that how she flips will make me feel any different about MJ or vice versa.
 
So yesterday I said if rabies wasn't a wolf, brucellosis was my next guess, but I know how trilt feels about communication roles, and I'm having a hard time believing she'd make that ability a wolf. If anyone has time, maybe check her other games and see if a communication role has ever been given to a wolf before?

Communication has definitely been given to wolves before, including the Animorphs one I baby modded. I wasn't sure how to get a sign of villagerness from MJ because I don't trust that role to be a guarantee of village.

He told me the LIS thing and flailed around looking for more, and the way he tried convinced me to at least share some info with him. That and me not dying after talking to him. So I won't swear he is village, but he did move up my scale a little toward village.
 
I think the only human in this game is cdo. I would expect the death write up was likely artistic as I have been assuming cdo was neutral from day 1 and everything she has said to me has backed that up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Communication has definitely been given to wolves before, including the Animorphs one I baby modded. I wasn't sure how to get a sign of villagerness from MJ because I don't trust that role to be a guarantee of village.

He told me the LIS thing and flailed around looking for more, and the way he tried convinced me to at least share some info with him. That and me not dying after talking to him. So I won't swear he is village, but he did move up my scale a little toward village.
Good to know.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm really questioning this Serher lynch now. I feel like we will definitely be lynching a villager. I'm leaning towards switching to MJ given the above.
 
Good to know.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm really questioning this Serher lynch now. I feel like we will definitely be lynching a villager. I'm leaning towards switching to MJ given the above.
Here is the problem, I agree. This is that situation where I am feeling like I am 90% sure that she is a villager, but lynching her gives us more info then others, and she will be a constant question mark for everyone until lynched.
 
Good to know.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm really questioning this Serher lynch now. I feel like we will definitely be lynching a villager. I'm leaning towards switching to MJ given the above.

So, the ONLY reason why I disagree with this is that serher has said a lot more stuff during this game than MJ. On thread and in PMs, she has been much more talkative. I think regardless of how she flips, it will give us more to read through with a solid understanding of where it was all coming from. But I also don't want to lynch someone who I really feel is villager, which is why I'm really torn on this lynch.

ETA: ninja'ed by STL. It pains me to say it but I agree with him.
 
@cdoconn while we're spinning our wheels over here, any chance you would like to share whether you think there was a conversion attempt or a kill attempt on you on the no-kill night?
I feel like I would be *told* if there was anything attempted on me. So I don't think it was done on me. It's very possible though!
 
Oh, the other thing I wanted to add while I could:

We definitely have a blocker, and my guess is wolf, because I was not able to use my ability the other night and feel sicker than I did.
 
I guess I should say other meaning the last game night.
Hrm, the timing of this is interesting to me, considering PBC had this as well.

MJ talked to both of you? And LIS? And LIS ended up dead ~2 days later, on a night where we had at least one kill unexplained?

I am wondering if he leaves a trail in his wake.

My vote is staying where it is for the foreseeable future.

sent from ma fone
 
So you are claiming the wolves started with two blockers. Yeah, don't buy it.
You don't buy that I was unable to use my ability "last night" (quotes because it feels wrong), or my thinking that means we have a blocker running around, or that I think it is a wolfy one because I feel sicker?

What part of that doesn't make sense? Totally cool with quoting if that is what passes for proving things right now.

I realize we had a wolf protector/blocker. Maybe the abilities were passed on. I don't know. Just told you what happened and what I thought it meant.
 
You don't buy that I was unable to use my ability "last night" (quotes because it feels wrong), or my thinking that means we have a blocker running around, or that I think it is a wolfy one because I feel sicker?

What part of that doesn't make sense? Totally cool with quoting if that is what passes for proving things right now.

I realize we had a wolf protector/blocker. Maybe the abilities were passed on. I don't know. Just told you what happened and what I thought it meant.

This would explain away the only problem with my current theory, which is that what I am envisioning would be a pretty stacked wolf role in terms of abilities. I like this a lot.
 
@SummerTheLynx I'm wanting to test Mad Jack, to confirm his brucellosis. What are your opinions?

According to a presentation from Dr Brower at Wisconsin VDL, there are two main tests for brucellosis- serum and blood culture.

IMG_2428.jpg


Thoughts?
 
You don't buy that I was unable to use my ability "last night" (quotes because it feels wrong), or my thinking that means we have a blocker running around, or that I think it is a wolfy one because I feel sicker?

What part of that doesn't make sense? Totally cool with quoting if that is what passes for proving things right now.

I realize we had a wolf protector/blocker. Maybe the abilities were passed on. I don't know. Just told you what happened and what I thought it meant.
I 100% believe that you were blocked. The way that you phrased t to say it must have been a wolf that did so is sketch as all get out to me. Trilt has enough mod knowledge about balance to not throw two blockers on the wolf side of things...
 
@SummerTheLynx I'm wanting to test Mad Jack, to confirm his brucellosis. What are your opinions?

According to a presentation from Dr Brower at Wisconsin VDL, there are two main tests for brucellosis- serum and blood culture.

View attachment 216087

Thoughts?
I don't think that we will find anything crazy there, I really do believe he is brucellosis. If we can get information on his current condition (how bad his disease is), that would likely be a whole lot more helpful assuming he flips wolf.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think that we will find anything crazy there, I really do believe he is brucellosis. If we can get information on his current condition (how bad his disease is), that would likely be a whole lot more helpful assuming he flips wolf.
Can we do a physical exam then?
 
You don't buy that I was unable to use my ability "last night" (quotes because it feels wrong), or my thinking that means we have a blocker running around, or that I think it is a wolfy one because I feel sicker?

What part of that doesn't make sense? Totally cool with quoting if that is what passes for proving things right now.

I realize we had a wolf protector/blocker. Maybe the abilities were passed on. I don't know. Just told you what happened and what I thought it meant.
Oh man when's the last time we had a game where abilities were passed on?

But even then it doesn't sound like coop's ability - seems like you would have gotten something about being protected, not feeling sickly.
 
I don't think that we will find anything crazy there, I really do believe he is brucellosis. If we can get information on his current condition (how bad his disease is), that would likely be a whole lot more helpful assuming he flips wolf.
I would be good doing a physical examination then to better examine the condition.

More than good really. I mean have you seen a picture of him IRL? Or his voice? Mmph. :naughty:
 
Oh man when's the last time we had a game where abilities were passed on?

But even then it doesn't sound like coop's ability - seems like you would have gotten something about being protected, not feeling sickly.

I'm not sure I understand the second part of this. It makes total sense if LoTF is in fact a villager, and MJ inherited Coop's blocking ability D1 when we lynched her.
 
Oh man when's the last time we had a game where abilities were passed on?

But even then it doesn't sound like coop's ability - seems like you would have gotten something about being protected, not feeling sickly.

I am not the first to report this block. I know somebody mentioned it in the last game day or 2.

My other thought was that I didn't get to use my ability and somebody leached it from me and gets to use it instead. (The ability thief thing) Then it isn't a block and if feeling sicker doesn't mean anything, than I guess it could go either way, but the description still makes me lean wolf.
 
I'm not sure I understand the second part of this. It makes total sense if LoTF is in fact a villager, and MJ inherited Coop's blocking ability D1 when we lynched her.
I'm saying her ability was block/protect
who could both block and protect the player of her choice nightly
And lotf didn't say anything about being protected
 
That was to say that if somebody reported it or had it happen N1, separate from Coop's block, than we can prove it is likely 2 different people.
 
I am not the first to report this block. I know somebody mentioned it in the last game day or 2.

My other thought was that I didn't get to use my ability and somebody leached it from me and gets to use it instead. (The ability thief thing) Then it isn't a block and if feeling sicker doesn't mean anything, than I guess it could go either way, but the description still makes me lean wolf.
Think PBC had mentioned it. Hence the possible connection to MJ, since you're both people he talked to.

I could see it being ability thievery theoretically, though sticking point there is PBC's ability wasn't used when she was blocked. I suppose that could have been intentional - it did help get her lynched.
 
Think PBC had mentioned it. Hence the possible connection to MJ, since you're both people he talked to.

I could see it being ability thievery theoretically, though sticking point there is PBC's ability wasn't used when she was blocked. I suppose that could have been intentional - it did help get her lynched.

The possibility of passing along abilities comes up in the foreshadowing of linkages in the initial write up. I'm seeing inheritance as being quite a reasonable option to explain what is going on here. See this part of initial write up:

​
But in any case, you're stuck together now, through (foreshadowing!) the upcoming thick and thin. Some of you have ailments much worse than others, and frankly I'm shocked a couple of you are still alive.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Side note: if there's a cascade to the inheritance mechanism, then is really unfortunate that our village blocker is gone. I hope the muzzle is still floating around.

ETA: and the redirector. if BBC could have correctly guessed who inherits this role, then we could have taken out an extra wolf by blowing the infection back in the wolf pack's faces. Bummer.
 
Last edited:
After discussions in pm, I am going to
********unlynch serher, lynch MJ********

There are two ways we can get info on last lynch vote swaps, see if MJ comes up villager or see if serher, given that MJ had a likelihood of being a wolf and serher does not in my brain right now, I am fine with making this decision.
 
The possibility of passing along abilities comes up in the foreshadowing of linkages in the initial write up. I'm seeing inheritance as being quite a reasonable option to explain what is going on here. See this part of initial write up:
I'm not really seeing what you're reading there. The foreshadowing is referring to the upcoming thick and thin as I'm reading it.