WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread

Started by Trilt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As an aside, I am going to dump all my pms to prove villagerness. I physically can't type/come up with this in the correct format this fast. (yes I know, I use all the cheap tricks in the book, but it's too close a game at this point)

First pm: with whole group before roles

↑
Hello Allergies 101 group,

We're apparently in that magical witching hour between when PM groups are finalized but before roles are sent out, so I thought I'd start a group-wide chat to say hi. Once roles are sent out, then I'll have to start thinking all of you are majorly sketch and I probably won't want to be all chatty chatty with you any more.

So anyway, hellooooooo fair weather friends.

Since we have 6 groups of 4, I'm thinking it'll probably be 6 wolves? And Trilt's intro write up makes it sound like villagers are the animals in the clinic for treatment, and wolves might be diseases/conditions related to the group themes?

~Pip
Click to expand...
↑
I was just about to start a PM 😀

Watch out for these guys Pippy, they're trouble, even as villagers 😛
↑
Thanks, but I'll be fine, what could go wrong?

Screen-shot-2013-04-03-at-4.38.32-AM.png

Click to expand...
↑
Trouble, or calculated chaos leading to success? 🙂
↑
OH MY GOD I ACTUALLY ENDED UP IN A GROUP WITH YOU GUISE!

Hi!
↑
Why not both?
↑
:biglove:

Sorry pippy you kind of ended up in a group of weirdos. We've got this MadZoo and WildLynx thing going on...
↑
And yes, it is exactly what you think it is 😛
↑
ick, where is the reset game button?
↑
Too late for that, you're stuck with us now 🙂
↑
636098536487878453115000767_giphy.gif

I have a job to do, what can I say.
Click to expand...
↑
just kidding, I'm willing to deal with being the fourth wheel in exchange for some strategeriez.

I was in a PM group with LIS, jil, and dyachei for the star wars game, so I thought I'd switch it up this time and try to learn from some other veterans
↑
Yeah you are going to see a very different type of gameplay from us lmao
↑
I'm kind of picturing this:

Click to expand...
↑
Oh, you have no idea. This is basically the mad tea party.
↑
:heckyeah:
↑
Ahem, sorry. We have excited it 😉
↑
ugh, editing locks after 5 minutes? anyway, was trying to post this before SDN failed me

hqdefault.jpg

Click to expand...
↑
Oh yes, but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
↑
but seriously, get crackin on the strategy talk, senpai's - I haven't got all night. Chip chop chip
↑
(I have to take a 3 hour biochem practice test right now, so I'm feeling preeeetttty punchy)
↑
Ah but there is no strategy until roles have been sent out. Although, everyone should vote for Nyanko, it's the smart move as opposed to Cdo, which is the fun move
↑
explain to me again why giving extra power to a hard-to-read veteran who may turn out to be a wolf is better than giving it to an easy-to-read newbie? I didn't really get it
↑
When have I ever been known to play smart

Sorry pippy, not much strategy in my brain right now!
↑
Mayor won't be a wolf this game, I can tell you already knowing trilt
↑
My post earlier was to try and play a fake WIFOM game with trilt, so she doesn't actually try and pull a fast one
↑
I'd agree with this.
↑
so roles not as randomly assigned as I had been led to believe?
↑
Mayor role is not a RNG role this game. She already said the mayor is the vet this game.
↑
ah ok, so that's precluding the possibility of the vet being a wolf. And would have been better to get nyanko off the table early in that case. I follow now
↑
Dy just posted something about pruritus in response to the apoquel/CADI discussion in the rant thread, and seeing her post made me realize there is a typo in the name of this PM. Tryyy to be clever and forget a damn letter at the beginning of the word. #fail

sent from ma fone

Seriously, this just makes me more suspicious of you and clogs the thread. Please, just don't.
 
STL - You're a sweet 14yo DSH with IRIS Stage III Chronic Kidney Disease, and you purr through every evenings' subcutaneous fluids. Every other night (ODD), you may visit the person of your choice to upgrade their ability with your pleasant soul. Please submit your choice as early in the evening as possible.

Additionally, as a cat, you may choose to wander the hospital and change groups every evening if you wish.
separated out for when people ask for this tomorrow.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pm With Dubz: (was done via text/snapchat after day 1)
↑
I am an 8yo FS Schnauzer with diabetes, no abilities so no need to amplify me. I just got home and am leaving again + will be busy the rest of the night so might not check in on the thread until later/tomorrow.
↑
Have you pmed MJ yet? If not don't tell him your role name yet. I have a cheapish way of verifying wolf vs. villager. Can you give me the format very quickly of your role pm title?
↑
Schnauzer with Diabetes - Vet Clinic WW
↑
Okay, you are definitely a villager lol. I really think pippy is a wolf with how much she is resisting this
↑
Did it seem like you had to wait for an ability (something in there about being patient, or potential or something)? Looking back through past games, vanillagers usually had the ability to gain roles. Still trying to figure out if it could be fruitful to upgrade you.
↑
I don't think so
 
Pm With Dubz: (was done via text/snapchat after day 1)
↑
I am an 8yo FS Schnauzer with diabetes, no abilities so no need to amplify me. I just got home and am leaving again + will be busy the rest of the night so might not check in on the thread until later/tomorrow.
↑
Have you pmed MJ yet? If not don't tell him your role name yet. I have a cheapish way of verifying wolf vs. villager. Can you give me the format very quickly of your role pm title?
↑
Schnauzer with Diabetes - Vet Clinic WW
↑
Okay, you are definitely a villager lol. I really think pippy is a wolf with how much she is resisting this
↑
Did it seem like you had to wait for an ability (something in there about being patient, or potential or something)? Looking back through past games, vanillagers usually had the ability to gain roles. Still trying to figure out if it could be fruitful to upgrade you.
↑
I don't think so

STOP... seriously.

No one is going to read all of your damn PMs and it clogs up the game thread for good conversation.
 
True fact: the tone in this role description makes me question you being wolfy/chaotic more than anything you've done this game thus far LOL
Everything is copy and paste.

@cdoconn - If I manipulated my role pm AT ALL (including removing anything on affiliation) I will do the rap that I have been resisting doing on snap chat. Just to show how serious I am.
 
Everything is copy and paste.

@cdoconn - If I manipulated my role pm AT ALL (including removing anything on affiliation) I will do the rap that I have been resisting doing on snap chat. Just to show how serious I am.

I think you're misunderstanding me (sorry, my statement was confusing)...I meant that this sounds like something trilt would write as your role description.
 
Everything is copy and paste.

@cdoconn - If I manipulated my role pm AT ALL (including removing anything on affiliation) I will do the rap that I have been resisting doing on snap chat. Just to show how serious I am.
I mean- I know how serious you mean by that for the record, you should still totally do that but I'm still not sold. I completely understand how you're feeling, but until I can get somewhat of an answer (and not just an "I have an idea why, and it's not incriminating"), I'm going to hold on to this because it doesn't make sense.
 
I mean- I know how serious you mean by that for the record, you should still totally do that but I'm still not sold. I completely understand how you're feeling, but until I can get somewhat of an answer (and not just an "I have an idea why, and it's not incriminating"), I'm going to hold on to this because it doesn't make sense.
You said you got an upgrade item. That has nothing to do with STL's role. He doesn't give out items as far as I know.
 
I mean- I know how serious you mean by that for the record, you should still totally do that but I'm still not sold. I completely understand how you're feeling, but until I can get somewhat of an answer (and not just an "I have an idea why, and it's not incriminating"), I'm going to hold on to this because it doesn't make sense.
Let's put it this way, if it isn't me who gave you an item, since I can't give items, then possibly someone that had or made said item gave it to you. Does that make more sense?
 
STOP... seriously.

No one is going to read all of your damn PMs and it clogs up the game thread for good conversation.

Actually, I caught a few things in there that contradict what you've claimed in thread...

"Power self up to seer" I thought you could only upgrade abilities. So unless you have ability to seer how do you upgrade yourself to seer.

Then, you were told directly in PM that night was cancelled but acted all confused about it and claimed it wasn't clear night was cancelled.

Thanks, for making yourself more suspicious
 
I really don't think it would be that simple, honestly. Because it would be

Where the Wild Things Are

1. hmoo
2. 3m
3. kara
4. serher

Crunchy Stuff
5. coopah
6. pbc
7. gwen
8. AM

Controlled Death
9. LIS
10.BBC
11. Jilary
12. DVMD

Allergies 101

13. STL
14. WZ
15. Pippy
16. MJ


UGH.

17. Lyra
18. SP
19. Caiter
20. Nyan

Slice 'n' Dice
21. NSFW
22. GB
23. cdo
24. LOTF

No, that's not what I was saying. I was just wondering if these categories hinted at the hidden subcategorization. Where we would all be moved around. (Although maybe not, I think that might still be too easy)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@nyanko @Animal Midwife
I've been beckoned, so let me state my thoughts at the moment before I fall back into the black hole of my methods lab report. (Also ny, I kinda respond to anything, but "she" is A+)

Frankly, I can see why STL is posting all his PMs in the thread. Irritating? Space sucker? Absolutely. But through reading them, I'm simply getting villager play through all of them. I mean, I can get why people aren't on board with that sort of play style, but he's made a pretty good point.

I suppose I don't understand what a chaos play style would look like (played by anyone), so I'm not going to disregard that theory, but I'm not seeing wolf.


My biggest side-eye right now is DVMD, after how hard she fought against the MJ lynch; especially since she only switched over to be on board with it when STL stated mod-given information. I would definitely like to hear some others' opinions about her.

I have no idea how I feel about the various category theories that have been thrown around in the last few pages at the moment, so I need to go back and look at those again.
 
No, that's not what I was saying. I was just wondering if these categories hinted at the hidden subcategorization. Where we would all be moved around. (Although maybe not, I think that might still be too easy)
I mean, I think this is a fair theory. Haven't really thought about the names much beyond, "well that's an odd choice."

Is this typical for a Trilt game (question directed at anyone)? Is it possible that there's hidden meaning behind these apparently arbitrary phrases?
 
Actually, I caught a few things in there that contradict what you've claimed in thread...

"Power self up to seer" I thought you could only upgrade abilities. So unless you have ability to seer how do you upgrade yourself to seer.

Then, you were told directly in PM that night was cancelled but acted all confused about it and claimed it wasn't clear night was cancelled.

Thanks, for making yourself more suspicious
Hold on I will copy my fb chat from trilt to explain, one aec
 
@nyanko @Animal Midwife
I've been beckoned, so let me state my thoughts at the moment before I fall back into the black hole of my methods lab report. (Also ny, I kinda respond to anything, but "she" is A+)

Frankly, I can see why STL is posting all his PMs in the thread. Irritating? Space sucker? Absolutely. But through reading them, I'm simply getting villager play through all of them. I mean, I can get why people aren't on board with that sort of play style, but he's made a pretty good point.

I suppose I don't understand what a chaos play style would look like (played by anyone), so I'm not going to disregard that theory, but I'm not seeing wolf.


My biggest side-eye right now is DVMD, after how hard she fought against the MJ lynch; especially since she only switched over to be on board with it when STL stated mod-given information. I would definitely like to hear some others' opinions about her.

I have no idea how I feel about the various category theories that have been thrown around in the last few pages at the moment, so I need to go back and look at those again.

When people start posting large walls of text like that, it should bring up red flags, it is most commonly a wolf strategy to look innocent. Hence why I told STL to please stop, because...

1. Won't help prove him village
2. Clogs the thread

Though I did find interesting things in those PMs.... just by quick glance.

Also, I'm a very good wolf. I would not act like that to save a fellow wolf. That would be silly. Take that for what it is worth.

I do want to hear why you aren't a wolf though because you've been playing very under the radar
 
ah found the category theories I was looking for.
Hmm, so maybe more like this?

Cancer:
Hmoo - Corgi w/ prostate cancer
Coop - Cat w/ TCC
Jil - Greyhound with osteo
Cait - Rottie w/ hemangio

Endocrine:
Serher - Cat w/ hyperthyroidism
STL - DSH w/ CKD
WZ - Schnauzer w/ diabetes
Sporty - Lab w/ addisons

Infection:
PBC - Kitten w/ rabies
Pippy - Border Collie w/ parvo
MJ - GSD w/ brucellosis
NSFW - Chi w/ dental dz (?)

Neutral:
Cdo - Vet

Metabolic/dietary:
Gwen - Pom w/ ethylene glycol toxicity
Lyra - Cat w/ lily toxicity

Butts - Rabbit w/ GI stasis

Congenital (?)
Kara - Yorkie w/ hep microvascular dysplasia
LotF - Bulldog w/ brachycephalic syndrome

I have no idea:
3m - DMH w/ stomatitis
AM - Frenchie w/ atopic dermatitis
DVMD - Puppy w/ demodex

Exotics:
BBC - Ferret w/ adrenal dz
LIS - Bearded w/ MBD

Ny - Obese Amazon


I am not in vet school yet, so I don't know if this would be a correct way to categorize things...but as a layperson, I could see skin ones + stomatitis + dental disease as inflammatory; and CKD, lily toxicity, ethylene glycol toxicity, and GI stasis as organ failures, which means one of your groups looks like:

INFLAMMATION/IMMUNE RESPONSE:
3m - DMH w/ stomatitis
AM - Frenchie w/ atopic dermatitis
DVMD - Puppy w/ demodex
NSFW - Chi w/ dental dz

ORGAN FAILURE:
Gwen - Pom w/ ethylene glycol toxicity
Lyra - Cat w/ lily toxicity

STL - DSH w/ CKD
Butts - Rabbit w/ GI stasis

and I still maintain there could be a group of human-inflicted problems (because of poor breeding practices or negligence, yada yada):

NOT THEIR FAULT:
Kara - Yorkie w/ hep microvascular dysplasia
LotF - Bulldog w/ brachycephalic syndrome
Ny - Obese Amazon
LIS - Bearded w/ MBD (?)

...which also gets us to neater-looking breakdowns in terms of numbers.


I like the second theory better than the first (at least, as of right now- would like to see what people propose in putting all players into groupings), simply because I feel like IF Trilt were to designate wolf roles based on afflictions, it would make more sense to make more general groupings that are less in number and having one wolf from each category.

That being said, I'm looking back and players seem to fall neatly 4-per-category in the first example, so maybe I'm wrong.

How many wolves did we establish we're probably looking for? 4 + 1 conversion? 3 + 1 conversion?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When people start posting large walls of text like that, it should bring up red flags, it is most commonly a wolf strategy to look innocent. Hence why I told STL to please stop, because...

1. Won't help prove him village
2. Clogs the thread

I do want to hear why you aren't a wolf though because you've been playing very under the radar
I suppose that makes sense. It certainly is a lot to sort through.

In regards to me, I find it silly to interject statements that have already been said. I'd rather what I have to say hold more value and original thought than that. I try to only post when I feel something's been overlooked, or can be evaluated differently.
 
So I know I said I was over the categories thing...but categorizing things is cathartic for me sometimes. And I can't sleep. Damn you daylight savings time.

Here's my updated categories, followed by interpretation/other thoughts. Known villagers in dark green (and I confirmed myself, because duh). Unconfirmed but likely villagers in light green. Wolves in red.

Cancer:

Hmoo - Corgi w/ prostate cancer
Jil - Greyhound with osteo

Cait - Rottie w/ hemangio
Coop - Cat w/ TCC

Infection:
PBC - Kitten w/ rabies
NSFW - Chi w/ dental dz
Pippy - Border Collie w/ parvo

MJ - GSD w/ brucellosis

Dietary/Nom nom nom:
Gwen - Pom w/ ethylene glycol toxicity
Lyra - Cat w/ lily toxicity

Butts - Rabbit w/ GI stasis
Ny - Obese Amazon

Chronic/organs/systems/WTF?
LIS - Bearded w/ MBD
Kara - Yorkie w/ hep microvascular dysplasia

STL - DSH w/ CKD
LotF - Bulldog w/ brachycephalic syndrome

Glandular/Endocrine:
Serher - Cat w/ hyperthyroidism
BBC - Ferret w/ adrenal dz

WZ - Schnauzer w/ diabetes
Sporty - Lab w/ addisons

Inflammation/Immune Mediated*
3M - DMH w/ stomatitis
AM - Frenchie w/ atopic dermatitis
DVMD - Puppy w/ demodex
*only 3 in here because cdo

Neutral:
Cdo - Vet

These categories look purrrty to me.

-------

Interpretation/Random stuffs:

- Cdo has been very weird, and she has had extremely strange votes for weak reasons throughout this entire game, and has flip-flopped worse than a seal on the beach. I am not 100% convinced she is not a wolf (if she was a wolf, I might even venture to say she is an original wolf, not a convert). If she is a wolf, then I think it potentially clears 3M, AM, and DVMD. Cdo can you test yourself? lol

- If STL is in fact village, then LoTF is likely damned (I would be ok with this, except for the fact that LoTF brought up the key thing that made me really feel like MJ was wolfy -- the blocking pattern. I can't decide if this was just really dumb oversight** on their part by exposing a pattern while trying to gain village points for both of them, or if she's being truthful and she's village. I do not like the vouching that went on between the two of them, though). I've shared suspicions there in the past; I might vote to lynch LoTF today, particularly the more I think about it.

- Sporty's posts are looking awfully strange, but WZ is a sneaky-sneak, so hard to say there

- Groups aside, I feel like there is a possible linkage between DVMD and nyanko; however I am undecided on the flavor of that link. And for me, I feel like a link there would hint at GB and SP as either both wolfy or both village depending on which way one of the big kids flips. I am very confident that I know one of the abilities in that group of 4 as of right now, and I have some suspicions about a 2nd player's ability. Could also be good to test a lynch there, and I would say to test on one of the newer players since I am more unsure of Ny/DVMD for #reasons. I would probs go SP over GB, if I were to do so.

-----
mmmmkay wolves pls kill me because that's all I've got in me, and I need to actually do some homework this week LOL. And village, I'd toss a lynch towards LoTF if I do end up dead tomorrow.
------

**MJ I hope you're reading this
 
Cdo has been very weird, and she has had extremely strange votes for weak reasons throughout this entire game, and has flip-flopped worse than a seal on the beach. I am not 100% convinced she is not a wolf (if she was a wolf, I might even venture to say she is an original wolf, not a convert). If she is a wolf, then I think it potentially clears 3M, AM, and DVMD. Cdo can you test yourself? lol
sorry for the massive post.

I've already shared the entirety of my PM from Trilt on the main thread, and that says that I'm neutral/ my ability. As for me playing very weird, every game I play, I'm always "suspicious" for the weirdest reasons- one time was because I said the word 'lion' instead of animal, the other because of IRL stuff with another player.

As for flip flopping, I like to actually have an opinion, even if it's completely wrong. So I typically like to Lynch people who I think others have overlooked instead of the 'popular candidate'. I switch my vote to the popular candidate towards the end to ensure there's no tie, but at least there's a discussion going on about the other people. It would be easy for a wolf to slide by through the game, following the pack (no pun intended), posting the minimum requirements and not making bold assumptions. So because of that, I like to call out the people that tend to be in the middle of the pack. If that seems like wolfy play, I'm sorry? But also, not that sorry, because I have to trust my instincts. They're usually really helpful for me.

I think I *could* examine myself, but it's a huge waste of a diagnostic test- which I only get one of per day. You'll just find a human with sleep deprivation and a growing caffeine addiction instead.
 
The techs who worked at this clinic were starting to nervously look into other jobs... another night, another set of patients dead by the morning.

The first was rather unexpected. @nyanko the Amazon was fat, sure, but when you've got a handy dandy beak, two clasping feet and devoted owners who cover your cage in climbing structures, its not half bad to be chubby and unable to fly around. Unfortunately, birds are more like humans when it comes to side effects from obesity, and dropping dead is a pretty severe first clinical sign..

Dead is @nyanko, who could create the item of her choice and distribute it every evening.
​
The second death was much worse. @hazelmoo the corgi mix was a sweet older pup, and he had gone through a lot of treatment for his prostate cancer. Unfortunately, there was a mix-up with his fentanyl CRI and he was grossly overdosed; it was just too much, and he was found dead in the morning.

Dead is @hazelmoo, whose kind soul could affiliation seer one player each night.​

It is now Day 7, and there are 11 patients in the hospital. Lynch deadline will be 8PM EST tomorrow.

- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

landscaped

Crunchy Stuff
8. @Animal Midwife

Controlled Death

11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
2. @mmmdreamerz
13. @SummerTheLynx

UGH.

18. @SportPonies

Slice 'n' Dice
22. @Great Butts
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (DMH with TCC)
3. @Karabiner13 - Yorkie with Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
7. @Gwenevre - Pomeranian with Antifreeze Toxicity
21. @NSFW - Chihuahua with Dental Disease
9. @LetItSnow - Bearded Dragon with MBD
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Ferret with Adrenal Disease
17. @LyraGardenia - DLH with Acute Kidney Failure
6. @PrincessButterCup - DSH kitten with rabies
19. @Caiter92 - Rottie with Hemangiosarcoma
4. @serher - DSH with Hyperthyroidism
16. @Mad Jack - Infection (GSD with Brucellosis)
20. @nyanko - Obese Amazon Parrot
1. @hazelmoo - Corgi mix with Prostate Cancer
 
Last edited:
Just wanted to point out the above parts in blue might be a little difficult since my leg was amputated. Unless that amputated leg is still around somewhere! Tumor originated in the distal radius, no apparent lung mets seen on thoracic rads. So I'm not sure what tests could be done, other then a PE to confirm the missing forelimb. Maybe a really good history too, especially if you can look at my pre-surgical rads?
Can someone explain to me how Jil "has osteosarc" when the affected limb has already been amputated? Does this mean she is that patient that made me cry, where you think you got it all, you go to celebrate and bam, a toe on the opposite limb starts to be a bit tender and, sure enough, rads show a bit of a moth eaten pattern that you would love to tell yourself must have been a healing break, but you know is the old arch enemy reappearing in a place that looks removable, but it is just gonna keep happening because that evil mo fo likes to hide and pop up repeatedly, and as you whittle away at your patient for as long as the owner holds out hope, you start to wish you would find the damn root on a rib or the spine, or somewhere non surgical or that it would metastasize so you could finally call it done for this brave dog and owner. You also know that the second you even pretend to win, a Berner puppy will come in with a swollen elbow and a breeder who doesn't believe in the genetic registry doing anything more than stealing money and rewarding it's own inner circle.
(I'm having a rough week, sorry) But seriously, help explain this to me, because I would want her title to include in remission or something otherwise.
Today was an unfortunate day for a particular German Shepherd in the office. In his cage, he had waited, day after day, watching the sun cast shadows on the floor as he hoped for the return of Andy. Andy, whom the dog loved more than anything in the world. For many years ago, it was this boy to whom the Shepherd had been given.

Andy was no ordinary child, you see. When the Shepherd first met him, he was but a pup, the runt of his litter. Andy had no hair, was quite skinny, and had several strange smelling plastic tubes running into his arms. He must have been the runt of his litter too, the dog thought to himself. And he stumbled across the bed to the boy clumsily, for he was never quite good at walking, and the bed made him even worse still. The boy laughed, for the dog made his uncoordinated efforts at locomotion almost look intentional, and carefree, and so full of life. Andy hugged his new little friend, and decided to name him Skip for his adorably goofy way of moving about the world.

His parents had made a gamble on buying a new friend for a boy with such a poor prognosis, but something changed within their son that day. It was as if his new little friend gave him a reason to fight to stay in this world, a reason to hope he could make it through the illness that had plagued him for the better part of a year. And so he fought, and he won. He and the dog went on to be the best of friends. His high school yearbook photo was taken with that dog three years later. And a few months after that, when he got accepted to the college of his dreams, he refused to live on campus because he couldn’t take his best friend with him. And so things had gone for the last few months, a boy and his dog, even if the boy was busier than ever trying to make his dreams come true.

But the dog, well… He’d been in his cage for so long. It felt like forever. Had he not been a good boy? Was it something he had done? He missed Andy terribly, but he feared he had somehow wronged his human companion. Surely such a thing couldn’t happen though, his boy would never abandon him. So there he lay, face down on the cold concrete, dreaming of freedom, of running through the grass with the one person he cared for most this world, of leaving this place when whatever reason he had been put here had passed.

Then however, he heard a call. The woman who seemed to be running the building picked up, and sighed. He could hear his boy on the other end, and he thought that surely this must be good news, that it was his time to go home, that Andy had called to come for him. But the woman sounded like something was paining her to say, like she was hurt, and on the other end, Andy sounded hurt too. More hurt than he had ever sounded in his life, worse even than when he first met the boy, shriveled and sickly all those years ago. And then woman hung up, and went to bring Skip out of his cage. She was not dressed as usual, she was wearing some sort of outfit that shielded every inch of her from view...

Skip eagerly waited as she came and put a leash on him. He still moved fairly awkwardly these days- come to think of it, more awkwardly than ever- but the woman was patient with him as she guided him to a new cage. This one was strange. It didn’t smell right, and didn’t have any openings. Must be his last stop before home he thought, and so in he hopped, and as the door to his new room closed on him, he realized something was wrong. The room didn’t smell right- it smelled faintly like fear. And not just any fear, but fear of the worst sort. This smelled like a place for bad dogs, surely there must have been a mistake! And then the air, it seemed off. He felt as if he couldn’t breath, or worse, that every breath made him suffocate more. How had he failed, what had he done to be here? His breaths became panicked, then frantic, and all he could ask himself was why? What had he done to deserve this? And so it was that he took his last breaths, wondering why the human he had served so faithfully in sickness had left him in this box to die alone, why he had been abandoned.

But there was a reason. Skip’s walk, well, it wasn’t benign. Early in his life, he’d acquired a case of Brucellosis that had affected his central nervous system, then gone into remission after treatment by the breeder. However, it was not entirely gone, and found itself safe behind the blood-brain barrier of our little pup. All these years later it had flared up, causing seizures the dog just couldn’t remember, as well as erratic movement and behavioral problems. He’d even been acting aggressively toward the other animals, and his condition was deteriorating by the day. The vet had tried to treat his infection as best she could, but it was ravaging his mind and body despite everything she threw at him. The difficult-to-treat nature of the disease, as well as the risk of zoonotic transmission, led her and the owner to the only conclusion they could make- Andy’s best friend had to be put down.

You have killed Mad Jack, INFECTION, a wolf in the body of a 5yo male intact GSD, and killer of a very good boy. He could chat with the person of his choice every day and they would find themselves unfortunately blocked the following evening.

It is now Night 6, and there are 13 patients in the hospital. Night deadline will be at 6AM EST tomorrow.

- - - - ----------------------
ngMemH2.png
---------------------- - - - -​

Mods:

@Trilt
@finnickthedog

ROSTER:
Where the Wild Things Are

1. @hazelmoo

Crunchy Stuff

8. @Animal Midwife

Controlled Death

11. @Jilary
12. @DVMDream

Allergies 101

14. @WildZoo
15. @PippyPony
2. @mmmdreamerz
13. @SummerTheLynx

UGH.

18. @SportPonies
20. @nyanko

Slice 'n' Dice
22. @Great Butts
23. @cdoconn
24. @LadyOtheFarm

NPC: @Teepster87

DEAD:
5. @Coopah - Cancer (DMH with TCC)
3. @Karabiner13 - Yorkie with Hepatic Microvascular Dysplasia
7. @Gwenevre - Pomeranian with Antifreeze Toxicity
21. @NSFW - Chihuahua with Dental Disease
9. @LetItSnow - Bearded Dragon with MBD
10. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Ferret with Adrenal Disease
17. @LyraGardenia - DLH with Acute Kidney Failure
6. @PrincessButterCup - DSH kitten with rabies
19. @Caiter92 - Rottie with Hemangiosarcoma
4. @serher - DSH with Hyperthyroidism
16. @Mad Jack - Infection (GSD with Brucellosis)

**********(write-up credits to MJ)**********
MJ and Trilt: Oh the sadz!

- If STL is in fact village, then LoTF is likely damned (I would be ok with this, except for the fact that LoTF brought up the key thing that made me really feel like MJ was wolfy -- the blocking pattern. I can't decide if this was just really dumb oversight** on their part by exposing a pattern while trying to gain village points for both of them, or if she's being truthful and she's village. I do not like the vouching that went on between the two of them, though). I've shared suspicions there in the past; I might vote to lynch LoTF today, particularly the more I think about it.
I am so very freaking village. Just having a really rough go of things right now.

I saw someone else bring this up, (the pattern) and I kinda brushed it off too. I am glad somebody else spotted it. I would suggest heading back and seeing who else spotted it (did they do so too fast?) and who denied it (meaning they saw it and wanted it wiped off the table) because I thought I remember more than just MJ talking about that.

It does make me glad I played what little bit of cat and mouse I did with him, but likely I just haven't been killed because my name keeps getting brought up on the daily.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am way too freaking stressed right now to keep up with this game, so I am gonna spill more info than I likely should, but I don't have the time to subtly hint at this crap often enough to get you guys to stop going off track.

The wolves only have 3 left. Maybe that is 2 and a conversion, but 3 is all she wrote.

The original wolves are distributed among medical groups. So assuming that we have a conversion, that means 4 groups, so we need to simplify. (Or, maybe it is 5 and we can hope that they need to convert from the final group.) So maybe cancer, infection, genetic, metabolic, endocrine?

Cdo is our only human. Any suggestion from a player that they might be as well, should be viewed with heavy suspicion. Because of this, I do actually trust that she is neutral in role, but I cannot swear that she is playing that way.
 
Can someone explain to me how Jil "has osteosarc" when the affected limb has already been amputated? Does this mean she is that patient that made me cry, where you think you got it all, you go to celebrate and bam, a toe on the opposite limb starts to be a bit tender and, sure enough, rads show a bit of a moth eaten pattern that you would love to tell yourself must have been a healing break, but you know is the old arch enemy reappearing in a place that looks removable, but it is just gonna keep happening because that evil mo fo likes to hide and pop up repeatedly, and as you whittle away at your patient for as long as the owner holds out hope, you start to wish you would find the damn root on a rib or the spine, or somewhere non surgical or that it would metastasize so you could finally call it done for this brave dog and owner. You also know that the second you even pretend to win, a Berner puppy will come in with a swollen elbow and a breeder who doesn't believe in the genetic registry doing anything more than stealing money and rewarding it's own inner circle.
(I'm having a rough week, sorry) But seriously, help explain this to me, because I would want her title to include in remission or something otherwise.

MJ and Trilt: Oh the sadz!

I am so very freaking village. Just having a really rough go of things right now.

I saw someone else bring this up, (the pattern) and I kinda brushed it off too. I am glad somebody else spotted it. I would suggest heading back and seeing who else spotted it (did they do so too fast?) and who denied it (meaning they saw it and wanted it wiped off the table) because I thought I remember more than just MJ talking about that.

It does make me glad I played what little bit of cat and mouse I did with him, but likely I just haven't been killed because my name keeps getting brought up on the daily.
I brought up the pattern. You brought up that you were feeling worse and were blocked from your ability. I thought it was a block + delayed kill, but it was a delayed block.

You came up with other possibilities for it immediately, and dubz & DVMD started asking me all kinds of questions about my theory to poke holes in it.

What did you think of my categories?
 
And LoTF -- your best candidate right now is Jil, who does fit pretty neatly into a cancer category? Got any other evidence for that except that osteosarcoma is bad? (Newsflash: so are like 90% of the medical problems in this game).

Because I am still suspicious of the fact that you & MJ were vouching back and forth for each other like woah.

More substance, fewer stories please.

(Can anyone tell I'm grumpy this morning? I don't like losing + we're getting buried in snow IRL = a grumpy pippy).

sent from ma fone
 
Last edited:
Now that she is dead, I would just like to point out that i am now 100% sure hmoo seered me (N3 I think?), and she weakly voted for me the next day to cover it up. I thought she was an every other night seer, not every night. And we had been planning to use STL's upgrade to boost her before the night got cancelled, as I'm sure the wolves figured out yesterday (although they could have guessed about her before, when she vouched for me & STL on thread).

Anyone have any evidence for who else she cleared?

sent from ma fone