-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WWhat a Normal, Boring, Everyday Vet Clinic - Game Thread
Started by Trilt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
She escalates to public shaming. Womp.
Hey! I'm not public shaming! I got my head chomped at earlier that I didn't have results! :OShe escalates to public shaming. Womp.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While studying for clin path, I just had an idea, maybe one of our categories is inflammatory. That would include dental dz, stomatitis, and maybe atopic dermatitis. I just wanted to toss that out as an idea before I forgot, now back to my CBC/chem/UA's.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Haha this was mentioned already. These were Pippy's categories (sorry, color coding didn't copy over). But it's still too many for there to be a wolf in every one.While studying for clin path, I just had an idea, maybe one of our categories is inflammatory. That would include dental dz, stomatitis, and maybe atopic dermatitis. I just wanted to toss that out as an idea before I forgot, now back to my CBC/chem/UA's.
Cancer:
Hmoo - Corgi w/ prostate cancer
Jil - Greyhound with osteo
Cait - Rottie w/ hemangio
Coop - Cat w/ TCC
Infection:
PBC - Kitten w/ rabies
NSFW - Chi w/ dental dz
Pippy - Border Collie w/ parvo
MJ - GSD w/ brucellosis
Dietary/Nom nom nom:
Gwen - Pom w/ ethylene glycol toxicity
Lyra - Cat w/ lily toxicity
Butts - Rabbit w/ GI stasis
Ny - Obese Amazon
Chronic/organs/systems/WTF?
LIS - Bearded w/ MBD
Kara - Yorkie w/ hep microvascular dysplasia
STL - DSH w/ CKD
LotF - Bulldog w/ brachycephalic syndrome
Glandular/Endocrine:
Serher - Cat w/ hyperthyroidism
BBC - Ferret w/ adrenal dz
WZ - Schnauzer w/ diabetes
Sporty - Lab w/ addisons
Inflammation/Immune Mediated*
3M - DMH w/ stomatitis
AM - Frenchie w/ atopic dermatitis
DVMD - Puppy w/ demodex
*only 3 in here because cdo
Neutral:
Cdo - Vet
While studying for clin path, I just had an idea, maybe one of our categories is inflammatory. That would include dental dz, stomatitis, and maybe atopic dermatitis. I just wanted to toss that out as an idea before I forgot, now back to my CBC/chem/UA's.
Agreed! I had put that in as one of my categories. I didn't know if dental disease and stomatitis were more appropriately classed as infection, though? (I put dental disease as infection, and stomatitis as inflammation b/c it's somewhat immune-mediated, yes?)
Ninja'ed by Dubz reposting my post...do I get a prize for that?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Agreed! I had put that in as one of my categories. I didn't know if dental disease and stomatitis were more appropriately classed as infection, though? (I put dental disease as infection, and stomatitis as inflammation b/c it's somewhat immune-mediated, yes?)
Ninja'ed by Dubz reposting my post...do I get a prize for that?
Nom nom nom
Dubz you can't give chocolate to a border collie with parvo!
she wants me dead; is clearly a wolf!
*******Dubz you can't give chocolate to a border collie with parvo!
carob chips?
*******
Eww aren't carob chips the tofu of chocolate? No way, I'd rather pump her stomach.*******
carob chips?
*******
***************
carob chips?
*******
barf, ski. not worth it.
********
She's a dog, she'll love the carob and it won't kill her or cause her to need an emetic. We're not asking YOU to eat the cookies.Eww aren't carob chips the tofu of chocolate? No way, I'd rather pump her stomach.
She's a dog, she'll love the carob and it won't kill her or cause her to need an emetic. We're not asking YOU to eat the cookies.
I'm a border collie, not a lab, Jil. God, some of us have standards.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've not met a border collie that wouldn't eat carob! I mean a lab will eat rocks, we're not talking that level of dietary indiscretion.I'm a border collie, not a lab, Jil. God, some of us have standards.
I mean, go ahead, but if you notice we have more groups than the number of wolves this game probably started with. Pippy's list had 6, I very much doubt this game started with 6 wolves when we know there was potential for conversion. Your list also had 6 or 7. So either we are miscategorizing things, or there are categories with no wolves in them. Which is why I have been saying it is a dubious way to hunt for wolves.
The game started with 6 non villagers. We have had 2 wolves caught, and cdo is neutral. Since we expect there to be a conversion, that leaves 2 original wolves.
So 4 original wolves plus a potential convert. The wolves are distributed among medical categories. As I stated, I don't know if the convert would be in it's own category.
I gotta go. I had more, but new developments IRL are very bad stuff.
The game started with 6 non villagers. We have had 2 wolves caught, and cdo is neutral. Since we expect there to be a conversion, that leaves 2 original wolves.
So 4 original wolves plus a potential convert. The wolves are distributed among medical categories. As I stated, I don't know if the convert would be in it's own category.
I gotta go. I had more, but new developments IRL are very bad stuff.
Wait. We started with 6 non-villagers?
Last edited:
Would an NPC count as one of the 6?
----
(Edit: I just read the last line of your post -- hope everything is ok.)
----
(Edit: I just read the last line of your post -- hope everything is ok.)
Last edited:
**********************I had more, but new developments IRL are very bad stuff.
Wishing you and your family well LOTF. Hope whatever it is can be resolved quickly. 🙁
**********************
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh crap. Mah bad.Dubz you can't give chocolate to a border collie with parvo!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Hope everything is ok <3The game started with 6 non villagers. We have had 2 wolves caught, and cdo is neutral. Since we expect there to be a conversion, that leaves 2 original wolves.
So 4 original wolves plus a potential convert. The wolves are distributed among medical categories. As I stated, I don't know if the convert would be in it's own category.
I gotta go. I had more, but new developments IRL are very bad stuff.
Hey guys, very long busy day at work dealing with a lot of crazies and honestly I'm a wee bit grumpy. I'm just going to check in here again tomorrow since I'm off to discuss the game. Hope everyone has a good night.
@LadyOtheFarm I hope everything is ok. Sending positive thoughts your way.
@LadyOtheFarm I hope everything is ok. Sending positive thoughts your way.
@SummerTheLynx 's CBC/Chem/ bonus USG is in!
"And just because it's good medicine, USG of 1.018."- Trilt
I believe his claim of CKD, according to IRIS, Stage III CKD in cats can be detected with a blood creatinine concentration from 2.9- 5.0 mg/dL.
"USG values in some cats with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and azotaemia may be as high as 1.040 or 1.045, so kidney disease could still be suspected in a cat if these values are accompanied by persistent azotaemia."
separated out for when people ask for this tomorrow.
"And just because it's good medicine, USG of 1.018."- Trilt
I believe his claim of CKD, according to IRIS, Stage III CKD in cats can be detected with a blood creatinine concentration from 2.9- 5.0 mg/dL.
"USG values in some cats with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and azotaemia may be as high as 1.040 or 1.045, so kidney disease could still be suspected in a cat if these values are accompanied by persistent azotaemia."
In regards to your previous post, I am very much female, so "she" is fine.I've never seen night cancellation as a wolf ability. Generally it's not in their favor to cancel night. It's a villager or chaos ability every time I've seen it.
Game related: Honestly I think Butts may be suspect.... Night cancelling may not be a wolfy role, but if someone could kill every even night and can cancel 1 night, wouldn't that be a wolfy role?
In regards to your previous post, I am very much female, so "she" is fine.
Game related: Honestly I think Butts may be suspect.... Night cancelling may not be a wolfy role, but if someone could kill every even night and can cancel 1 night, wouldn't that be a wolfy role?
That just sounds overpowering, especially as a wolf role. Also, are you saying Butts (writing that felt so weird) cancelled the night?
In regards to your previous post, I am very much female, so "she" is fine.
Game related: Honestly I think Butts may be suspect.... Night cancelling may not be a wolfy role, but if someone could kill every even night and can cancel 1 night, wouldn't that be a wolfy role?
wut?
I have many questions about your question, SP
Unless there is more than one player in the game with that ability, yes.That just sounds overpowering, especially as a wolf role. Also, are you saying Butts (writing that felt so weird) cancelled the night?
Can you specify what these questions are?I have many questions about your question, SP
Today and tomorrow have been and will be whirlwinds though so I'll address anything else as soon as I'm able to. I'm going to bed at the moment.
Butts can kill every even night? If this is true, it is MUCH more interesting then the night canceling thing.In regards to your previous post, I am very much female, so "she" is fine.
Game related: Honestly I think Butts may be suspect.... Night cancelling may not be a wolfy role, but if someone could kill every even night and can cancel 1 night, wouldn't that be a wolfy role?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If this is the case, thenIn regards to your previous post, I am very much female, so "she" is fine.
Game related: Honestly I think Butts may be suspect.... Night cancelling may not be a wolfy role, but if someone could kill every even night and can cancel 1 night, wouldn't that be a wolfy role?
Lynch GB
We need to find somewhere to stay for the next (indeterminate amount of time between tonight and 2 months) so I make no promises as to how well I follow up on changing this as the story evolves, but I will try. (I'm nuts and this is one of my happy places...)
In regards to your previous post, I am very much female, so "she" is fine.
Game related: Honestly I think Butts may be suspect.... Night cancelling may not be a wolfy role, but if someone could kill every even night and can cancel 1 night, wouldn't that be a wolfy role?
So are you saying GB can do this?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Guess I'll put the AM tunnel I was digging on hold. Both of the multiple kill nights have been on even nights.
Lynch GB
Lynch GB
UM WOAH LOL that is NOT my ability.In regards to your previous post, I am very much female, so "she" is fine.
Game related: Honestly I think Butts may be suspect.... Night cancelling may not be a wolfy role, but if someone could kill every even night and can cancel 1 night, wouldn't that be a wolfy role?
Dude guys, she's lying and/or a wolf. What evidence do you even have to make that claim??? So so far from what I have.
I mean, I don't know why you guys are taking her claim at face value. That just makes me suspicious that you all are wolves.
Well, let's start with how you would know this? If you're an ability seer, why would you put this on the thread?Unless there is more than one player in the game with that ability, yes.
Can you specify what these questions are?
Today and tomorrow have been and will be whirlwinds though so I'll address anything else as soon as I'm able to. I'm going to bed at the moment.
If it's true, you just fastened a giant target onto your back. Unless of course you are a wolf who just found chaos, and therefore don't need to worry about getting night killed except by said chaos role.
I have been toying with the idea of GB being our night canceller ever since it happened, so I am liking this info...I am just not 100% sure I trust the source.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh sure, all 5 of us.I mean, I don't know why you guys are taking her claim at face value. That just makes me suspicious that you all are wolves.
Still want to hear more from @SportPonies but I don't see a reason to ignore the info. If it's wrong we lynch her tomorrow. Either way we get a wolf.
Lol I was a one night canceller. One use ability to save your butts. For the greater good 😉
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Putting it on the thread makes sense to me since she's alone in her group.
@SportPonies - do you have mod provided info that butts has a kill ability? If not, can you explain why you think this? I'm contemplating switching my vote to you or butts.
Putting it on the thread makes sense to me since she's alone in her group.
The question becomes how does she know?
I'm almost wondering if this isn't a poorly executed attempt at busing a fellow wolf. Or if GB comes back chaos, I'm not excluding SP as being a wolf. And why is SP bringing this up now? How long has she been sitting on said info? Just seems odd in multiple ways. But I have my own reasons for thinking GB is wolf so I'm ok testing the info.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeah I mean I already had GB on my suspect list so for me it seems reasonable to test it. Of course sporty is on there too so...The question becomes how does she know?
I'm almost wondering if this isn't a poorly executed attempt at busing a fellow wolf. Or if GB comes back chaos, I'm not excluding SP as being a wolf. And why is SP bringing this up now? How long has she been sitting on said info? Just seems odd in multiple ways. But I have my own reasons for thinking GB is wolf so I'm ok testing the info.
The timing is odd, especially with the "here's this poorly phrased thing now I'm going to disappear for a while." Seems if you're gonna post it you might as well fully explain, or wait until you can.
I don't know how she would have gotten that information unless she's chaos, a wolf, or been PMing with someone who's chaos. Her info seems plausible, I guess, but that came out of nowhere on the thread and it's pretty accusatory.@SportPonies - do you have mod provided info that butts has a kill ability? If not, can you explain why you think this? I'm contemplating switching my vote to you or butts.
I don't really have anyone that can vouch for me since I've been pretty quiet and I don't think anyone can seer me. I let you guys know what my ability is and you can judge if you want to lynch.
I'll also let you guys know that I'm going to flip villager 😎
This info coming out makes me more confident on keeping my vote where it is. It's sketch that you know this info with such positivity.
Unofficial Lynch Tally:
STL () -
GB (3) - DVMD, LOtF, WZ
SP (1) - AM
WZ (2) - Pippy, Jil
6/11
STL () -
GB (3) - DVMD, LOtF, WZ
SP (1) - AM
WZ (2) - Pippy, Jil
6/11
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch SportPonies
She's suspect to me because she's accusing me with false information derived suspiciously.
She's suspect to me because she's accusing me with false information derived suspiciously.
Yeah I mean I already had GB on my suspect list so for me it seems reasonable to test it. Of course sporty is on there too so...
The timing is odd, especially with the "here's this poorly phrased thing now I'm going to disappear for a while." Seems if you're gonna post it you might as well fully explain, or wait until you can.
I want to test it but at the same time, I do think we need to start considering numbers here. 3 wolves remain according to LoTF. 1 neutral player (I'm still not convinced on that claim) and the potential for a chaos... with 11 players remaining in the game. We are getting to the point where we have to get things right.
So, we need to hear exactly from @SportPonies where this info comes from.
If this has been constructed, it's really a pretty brilliant set up.
If GB is village, then I'd guess a wolf with extra kills on even nights is still hanging out, and by tomorrow morning, we'd be down 3 villagers. Heading towards end game, that would be pretty darn nice for the wolves.
I'm honestly tempted to lynch SP first because of the info we would get if she is a wolf.
sent from ma fone
If GB is village, then I'd guess a wolf with extra kills on even nights is still hanging out, and by tomorrow morning, we'd be down 3 villagers. Heading towards end game, that would be pretty darn nice for the wolves.
I'm honestly tempted to lynch SP first because of the info we would get if she is a wolf.
sent from ma fone
Officialish Lunchtime Lynchtime Tally:
STL () -
GB (3) - DVMD, LOtF, WZ
SP (2) - AM, GB
WZ (2) - Pippy, Jil
7/11
STL () -
GB (3) - DVMD, LOtF, WZ
SP (2) - AM, GB
WZ (2) - Pippy, Jil
7/11
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm trying to do math to figure out what our best move is here guys, it's really hard 
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7K
- Views
- 125K