WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright.. I'm back.. Time to catch up...

Wow, that just took my 1 hour to just read all the posts since 2:30pm. I must admit that I am quite confused with all the posts I just read and will try to make sense of them tonight, lol.

@Wolfie<3 what's your thought on today's lunch results? @Dr. ForgotToFlush gave us lots of tips and suspicions, so I think we should look into those carefully and use his words of wisdom

@Eriyo It was unfortunate that Dr. FTF pulled the most votes that day, people that voted to lynch him have been the top on my radar for todays read-through.

How do we know that @differentiating is being truthful? This is my first WW game so I’m wondering if the investigative item is something floating around in every game. Could she be a wolf that claimed to have had it in order to protect wondering, who is also a wolf? If we can’t verify that this item was hers, how do we know she’s not lying?

This is probably the most stand-out thing from the discussions I just read over from the last day. While I understand being hesitant on whether someone is telling the truth or not about an investigative item, I think the item can be pretty well confirmed via past posts. I'm not sure if you are trying to stir the pot on who I am fairly certain is a villager to get the heat off of, maybe precious?. I also felt it was very strange that the first two people to like this post quickly were Dokter_Dud3 and Cubs-- both who are high on my radar... Especially Doktor given his discussion posts the last day, and the way he is defending himself that seems like wolf preservation to me.

While I haven't cleared preciousmoments of suspicion in my mind, I think my lynch vote could very well change to Doktor tonight, unless I can be swayed otherwise. Is anyone else highly suspicious of Doktor given their recent activity?

Current Top Wolf Suspicions:
I have lumped these three together: EngrSC, Doktor_Dud3, and Cubsrule4e (and maybe even including Eriyo in this pack)-- they all seem to be playing around eachother's responses and actions cryptically.
-PreciousMoments2024 - For aforementioned reasons, they have said nothing to make me believe otherwise besides continue to play the noob card. (Could be totally off with this one though)

Middle of my Radar
-The bigcats and acanth connection I still don't fully understand, and my lack of time to go read through to find it exactly makes me not want to make a move on this yet. (I saw posts mentioning that direct private conversation was made, and then there were posts saying no conversation was made only that acanth "spelled it out" to confirm they sent something) -- so which is it?
-Wonderingstudent: not completely clear of everything for me, but seems less likely to be wolf
-Nontrad: I still don't have a firm grasp on reading this person. They seem sketchy.
-AFF: Possibly Sketchy -- I don't have good reasoning, but i just think that.
-Sunshine: Sketchy, but I dont want to make a move on yet.

Villagers:
-Differentiating: I've given my reasons before, and they have said things that I can confirm to be true, making me feel more comfortable about their villager status.
-Alissa: Just a feeling

If I missed your name, I probably have no clue about you :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright this might be my only post today with spotty internet service and family obligations, but here are my current thoughts:

Suspicions:
-Wolfie: still don't understand the random switch to Sunbodi and starting the bandwagon against them on day one, getting fishy vibes
-Acanthuroidei: as someone mentioned earlier, we now know flushy was a villager so what does that say about their convo with roidz? Something to consider
-MrsDrDr: still never responded to my post about calling me defensive re: my theory they could possibly be trying to deflect suspicion on someone else (aka me)

Undecided:
-Precious: I have my suspicions with yesterday's vote but I'm also not convinced it wasn't just a noob move
-Wondering: was yesterday a potential setup by the wolves to frame one of their own and then suddenly switch the vote elsewhere? Not sure

People I think are villagers:
-Diff
-Sunshine
-Kras

Not sure what to do with BigCats yet.

Just going on my own suspicions and not wanting to be swayed by others this time, I am going to vote to lynch for someone I am suspicious of:

Lynch Acanthuroidei

(Edit to add: Sunshine I saw you have me listed as a wolf on your list and I'm going to try not to take that personally :laugh:)

This is probably the most stand-out thing from the discussions I just read over from the last day. While I understand being hesitant on whether someone is telling the truth or not about an investigative item, I think the item can be pretty well confirmed via past posts. I'm not sure if you are trying to stir the pot on who I am fairly certain is a villager to get the heat off of, maybe precious?. I also felt it was very strange that the first two people to like this post quickly were Dokter_Dud3 and Cubs-- both who are high on my radar... Especially Doktor given his discussion posts the last day, and the way he is defending himself that seems like wolf preservation to me.

While I haven't cleared preciousmoments of suspicion in my mind, I think my lynch vote could very well change to Doktor tonight, unless I can be swayed otherwise. Is anyone else highly suspicious of Doktor given their recent activity?

I definitely have a lot of questions about doktor's posting last night - it's why I wanted to highlight it. They were also asking a lot of super noobish early on, possibly to create the illusion of not having a role? I personally would've asked questions like that to my manator if I'd had them, but that's just how I play.

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely have a lot of questions about doktor's posting last night - it's why I wanted to highlight it. They were also asking a lot of super noobish early on, possibly to create the illusion of not having a role? I personally would've asked questions like that to my manator if I'd had them, but that's just how I play.

...questions. Super noobish questions.

Reactions: 1 user
The bigcats and acanth connection I still don't fully understand, and my lack of time to go read through to find it exactly makes me not want to make a move on this yet. (I saw posts mentioning that direct private conversation was made, and then there were posts saying no conversation was made only that acanth "spelled it out" to confirm they sent something) -- so which is it?
Okay, timeline time:

Over the night, I receive something from the mods. There is no message or sender attached and frankly I thought it was just random.

During the day, acanth and Flushy have their conversation which strikes me as so incredibly weird and suspicious that I vote to lynch acanth. Acanth responds “ungrateful”, I react to it with the surprise emoticon since I thought it was a weird response but I don’t say anything because again, it’s a weird response and I already think acanth is a wolf. Later, when it’s clear I have no idea what they’re talking about and am determined to lynch them, acanth is like “it’s ungrateful to lynch someone who just gave you something”. I hadn’t mentioned getting something at all, so then I put the pieces together and realized that acanth was the one to send me the thing. I looked back at past games, found another description of the power I’m pretty darn sure acanth has, and it’s very obviously a villager power. That’s when I’m like “oh crap I can’t lynch a villager especially not one with this power” and take away my vote since I don’t have time to figure out another candidate but I don’t want to lynch someone I know for certain is a villager. We never talked over PM at all.

Now I’ve explained this multiple times, all but spelling out what exactly acanth can do, and people are still insistent on trying to lynch them. If acanth gets lynched despite my best efforts, I’m really not sure what to say lmao. Maybe “I told you so” once you see the role written in the writeup? But I am deeply deeply suspicious of anyone who is continuing to push for an acanth lynch today despite what I am saying.

Okay, timeline time:

Over the night, I receive something from the mods. There is no message or sender attached and frankly I thought it was just random.

During the day, acanth and Flushy have their conversation which strikes me as so incredibly weird and suspicious that I vote to lynch acanth. Acanth responds “ungrateful”, I react to it with the surprise emoticon since I thought it was a weird response but I don’t say anything because again, it’s a weird response and I already think acanth is a wolf. Later, when it’s clear I have no idea what they’re talking about and am determined to lynch them, acanth is like “it’s ungrateful to lynch someone who just gave you something”. I hadn’t mentioned getting something at all, so then I put the pieces together and realized that acanth was the one to send me the thing. I looked back at past games, found another description of the power I’m pretty darn sure acanth has, and it’s very obviously a villager power. That’s when I’m like “oh crap I can’t lynch a villager especially not one with this power” and take away my vote since I don’t have time to figure out another candidate but I don’t want to lynch someone I know for certain is a villager. We never talked over PM at all.

Now I’ve explained this multiple times, all but spelling out what exactly acanth can do, and people are still insistent on trying to lynch them. If acanth gets lynched despite my best efforts, I’m really not sure what to say lmao. Maybe “I told you so” once you see the role written in the writeup? But I am deeply deeply suspicious of anyone who is continuing to push for an acanth lynch today despite what I am saying.

Thanks for explaining and clarifying! I definitely missed that post by acanth saying ungrateful after having given you something. You saved me a lot of time :)

• Love
Christmas activities ramping up so im going to lynch Afflac (AccidentfromFlorida) for now. Dont like the continued avoidance. Current village reads: Wolfie, Sunshine, BigCats, Acanth (big cats vouch), Different (pretty aggressive on thread but does seem to be wolf hunting/pro-village).

Christmas activities ramping up so im going to lynch Afflac (AccidentfromFlorida) for now. Dont like the continued avoidance. Current village reads: Wolfie, Sunshine, BigCats, Acanth (big cats vouch), Different (pretty aggressive on thread but does seem to be wolf hunting/pro-village).
I would like to hear a defense from AFF

D4 Christmas Time is Here Official Lynch Tally

precious (5)
- wolfie, cats, diff, killer, alissa
sunshine () -
wolfie () -
wondering (2) - roid, doktor
doktor (1) - wondering
Lizliz (1) - sunshine
roid (2) - precious, nontrad
Afflac (1) - cubs

12/21

@PreciousMoments2024 is in the lead! @WonderingStudent and @acanthuroidei are not far behind

Missing: @EngrSC @LizLiz99 @GraduschoolusMaximus @MrsDrDr @SirHammerlock @holdthemayo @Eriyo @AccidentFromFlorida @kraskadva

Deadline 9pm est (~4 hours)

QKT.gif

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I’m struggling hard with my lynch decision. Acanth is still suspicious to me ... even more so after flushy was lynched. BigCats defended acanth so if acanth is a wolf then BigCats probably is too (but that’s a lot of assumption). And precious creating yet another tie right before voting was about to close.

Basically I am having a hard time trusting anyone. Is BigCats being truthful about this power acanth supposedly has or are they both wolves? Did differentiating really have the investigative item and clear wondering or again, are they both wolves?

I feel like a broken record with so many questions. The most obviously suspicious to me is precious so I suppose I’ll go with that unless some new information comes to light before the deadline :shrug:

lynch precious

I’m struggling hard with my lynch decision. Acanth is still suspicious to me ... even more so after flushy was lynched. BigCats defended acanth so if acanth is a wolf then BigCats probably is too (but that’s a lot of assumption). And precious creating yet another tie right before voting was about to close.

Basically I am having a hard time trusting anyone. Is BigCats being truthful about this power acanth supposedly has or are they both wolves? Did differentiating really have the investigative item and clear wondering or again, are they both wolves?

I feel like a broken record with so many questions. The most obviously suspicious to me is precious so I suppose I’ll go with that unless some new information comes to light before the deadline :shrug:

lynch precious
This is exactly what I feel right now... o_O

The wolves are definitely out today, and trying to convince people everything is suspicious and not to trust anyone...

Doktor not even bothering to try and question the information provided until prodded, just jumping on a (now) known villager in the hopes of successfully lynching them, is just weird.

I can't tell if eng is just completely clueless about how mafia/WW/all similar games work, or is a wolf desperately trying to distribute suspicion. I can't verify cats or roidz, but if what cats says is true, it's not smart to lynch roidz just because they disagreed with flushy. I stand by the reasoning that it'd be incredibly stupid for a wolf to vouch for another wolf like that.

I'd REALLY like to hear more of a defense from precious - I don't like the fact that she's solidly in the lead without anyone else really on the table atm. I don't want us having another bandwagon lynch; there's at least been some more discussion over the past day or so, but we're still shooting in the dark. I'm hard-vouching for wondering, and cats is soft-vouching for roidz, which make both of those less-than-ideal targets. But putting pressure on people by nominating them for lynch has been less-than-successful lately, and has just led to villagers dying.

I still think precious's last-minute tie is very concerning, and not a pro-village move, but I'd like to hear more of a defense from them if they can get back on tonight.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently pretty torn about changing my lynch vote to Doktor.

please keep in mind that a lot of people are with family with christmas activities. i have a feeling a lot of absenteeism will be seen today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am back! Sorry for being inactive yesterday. Here is my list of suspicions.

Villager:
@Wolfie<3 : said, "if I die tonight, here's my list of suspicions." He is clearly trying to help the villagers.
@AccidentFromFlorida : even though he hasn't been very active, I have good feelings about him. Hopefully he can be more active and confirm my thoughts.
@differentiating : keeps bringing up good points and didn't want people to role reveal early on. He also thinks that the last minute switch to lynch Flushy is sus.

Maybe villager:
@killerleaf : Listed Wolfie and Flushy as village on their list and I agree
@alissa14 : lynched Precious right away after being inactive and I agree with her decision

Initially thought wolf, but now starting to trust (still unsure):
@nontradstdnt : my initial concern about switching lynch from Flushy to Alissa, but you provided a good explanation as to why
@BigCats : initially tried to make Flushy sound guilty, but now I am starting to trust him more and I agree with most of his list
@WonderingStudent : I have HUGE suspicions for him. I keep going back and forth and I don't know what to believe. Elkhart and Flushy found him sus, but not Diff says he is village and I am confused.
@acanthuroidei : wanted to initially lynch Killerleaf who I believe is innocent (but that was early in the game). BigCats thinks he is villager, but I don't fully know how I feel about BigCats yet.

Wolf:
@PreciousMoments2024 : wanted to prevent a tie a few days ago, but then ended up tying up the lynch vote with Flushy, so something isn't consistent here
@EngrSC : asked if anyone got info overnight (maybe wants people to reveal things?) and he said that Precious might be acting sus because he doesn't know what he's doing (might very well be possible, but why defend Precious?)
@Sunshine in a Storm : also requested a meeting to discuss night actions and listed many wolves in her list (maybe to move the suspicion away from her?) Also, she mentioned WE villagers in a post early on. If you were actually a villager, you wouldn't feel the need to emphasize so much that you're a villager.
@Doktor_dud3 : I don't have a good reason yet, but I just have a bad feeling about him.

People I can't quite put in a proper list:
@kraskadva
@SirHammerlock
@LizLiz99
@MrsDrDr
@GraduschoolusMaximus
@cubsrule4e
@holdthemayo

And sorry if I got your pronouns wrong! Feel free to correct me so that I don't make the mistake again!

Also a she :p

currently out and about but popping in to check in on things when I can!

Also a she :)

So me asking what happened in the night was purely me being a dumb noob. Won’t make that mistake again! But I understand if you don’t believe me.

I also don’t recall ever defending Precious. I voted to lynch her in the last cycle as well.

After going through and re-reading the entire thread, I am changing some of my thoughts. I would like to add I still feel like I do not have anything really to go on.

1. @PreciousMoments2024 - Suspect noob villager
2. @EngrSC - suspect villager
3. @LizLiz99 - suspect wolf
4. @Sunshine in a Storm - villager
5. @differentiating - I think so is a villager now - thought initially to be a wolf in a pack with LizLiz99, mayo and MrsDrDr.
6. @GraduschoolusMaximus - suspect wolf
7. @Wolfie<3 - suspect wolf or villager idk.
9. @muttmanager (formerly @alissa14) -idk - sounds like a villager
10. @Doktor_dud3 - Most likely WOLF- often follows bandwagons. Also he was pretty sure that Elkhard and Sunbodi were not suspects in the begining.
11. @MrsDrDr - WOLF?
12. @BigCats - soft clear - villager Wolfie and Bigcats sharing information, defends Subbodi.
13. @SirHammerlock -idk
15. @holdthemayo - WOLF
16. @WonderingStudent - thought wolf leaning toward villager
17. @Eriyo - WOLF
18. @nontradstdnt - soft clear - villager
19. @AccidentFromFlorida - WOLF
20. @acanthuroidei -idk - tunneling
21. @kraskadva -idk
22. @killerleaf - soft clear- villager
24. @cubsrule4e -WOLF -quiet

I work from noon-8 today, so I won’t be very active until later (probably won’t be home until 8:30 or later)

I hope that Precious will have time to respond before end of day and that people will have time to see it before that time as well. Bandwagons are not a good thing and we don't need another villager dying. I don't know if Precious is a wolf or a villager but I just wanted to reiterate that they won't be here to defend themselves until late.

Sorry for the lack of activity today everyone. I have two kids, so it's been a busy few days.

I'm trying to keep to Wolfie's 3 WW/ 3 village format.

Here are my thoughts for today:

Villager:
1 differentiating : Has been playing hard for the village and is mostly making sense. They were pretty forthcoming about their item last night. I have reason to believe that they are telling the truth about using it last night.
2 Wondering: If I believe differentiating is a villager, and I do, then Wondering has to be. Differentiating wouldn't make up a story about the item if they are a villager.
3 Wolfie: I was suspicious of wolfie on day 1, but their arguments and votes are coming down much more strongly on the side of the village.

Confused:
1&2 Big Cats/acanthuroidei: They are either both village or both wolf. They have strongly linked themselves with what Big Cats has posted. I'm inclined to think village at this point. If we were going to lynch one, it would make more sense to lynch Big Cats as acanthuroidie sounds valuable to the game. I think they could be worth protecting if anyone has that ability.
3 Alissa: Showed up late, too early to tell

WW :
1 Precious Moments: The tie vote sent up alarms for everyone, me included. The only defense I can think of is that they were too much of a noob to know that it was a mistake. Still, it's the most suspicious move so far.
2 This is the problem, I'm not sure who to put as #2 and #3. I think there is a good chance that at least one wolf is laying low, due to either strategy or Holidays. Maybe more. Wondering makes a good point in the post above.

After going through and re-reading the entire thread, I am changing some of my thoughts. I would like to add I still feel like I do not have anything really to go on.

1. @PreciousMoments2024 - Suspect noob villager
2. @EngrSC - suspect villager
3. @LizLiz99 - suspect wolf
4. @Sunshine in a Storm - villager
5. @differentiating - I think so is a villager now - thought initially to be a wolf in a pack with LizLiz99, mayo and MrsDrDr.
6. @GraduschoolusMaximus - suspect wolf
7. @Wolfie<3 - suspect wolf or villager idk.
9. @muttmanager (formerly @alissa14) -idk - sounds like a villager
10. @Doktor_dud3 - Most likely WOLF- often follows bandwagons. Also he was pretty sure that Elkhard and Sunbodi were not suspects in the begining.
11. @MrsDrDr - WOLF?
12. @BigCats - soft clear - villager Wolfie and Bigcats sharing information, defends Subbodi.
13. @SirHammerlock -idk
15. @holdthemayo - WOLF
16. @WonderingStudent - thought wolf leaning toward villager
17. @Eriyo - WOLF
18. @nontradstdnt - soft clear - villager
19. @AccidentFromFlorida - WOLF
20. @acanthuroidei -idk - tunneling
21. @kraskadva -idk
22. @killerleaf - soft clear- villager
24. @cubsrule4e -WOLF -quiet

That's like, half wolf with no reasoning why either way. I'd love to hear some reasoning for most of these. We're swinging in the dark here.

We've got an hour and a half left -- With the amount of absenteeism I expect, precious is getting lynched unless those active choose to Lynch a different suspect.

I was fairly on board with Precious, but I honestly think they could turn out as villager, and I would rather make a move on Doktor I think. AHH reading people through text is so hard. :thinking:

We've got an hour and a half left -- With the amount of absenteeism I expect, precious is getting lynched unless those active choose to Lynch a different suspect.

I was fairly on board with Precious, but I honestly think they could turn out as villager, and I would rather make a move on Doktor I think. AHH reading people through text is so hard. :thinking:
In-person WW game one day, eh guys? lol

@SirHammerlock You've been awfully quiet -- but I see you're lurking. Anything to say? :p

That would be those sharp Wolfie eyes I'll assume, however all I have to say is if this was a life or death situation I would be tempted to lynch all of you because I have no idea who the wolves are. Also I'm mainly just trying to decide who to vote for before I sleep since I'm on a different timezone and will not be able to change vote due to new information if it gets revealed closer to lynch close.

I'll be around off-and-on until lynch close, so can always waffle if more info comes out. I feel bad lynching someone who may come back late (if at all) for a defense, even if her actions are sketchy, so I'm not set on my vote by any means.

That's like, half wolf with no reasoning why either way. I'd love to hear some reasoning for most of these. We're swinging in the dark here.
I just went through and made a list. I looked at how each individual interacts with others, what is said, how much they know about the game in general, who follows who’s choices, what alliances might be hidden etc. I don’t have any concrete evidence. I can’t say who is lying or who is playing a villager role....it really is a shot in the dark. I tried the best I could, but again I just guessed or went with a gut feeling.

Unlynch PreciousMoments2024 , Lynch Doktor_Dud3

Changing my vote because my percentage for Doktor being wolf over precious is ever so slightly higher.. BUT I could totally be wrong -- don't bandwagon me unless you feel strongly about it as well. Precious is still in the lead w/ me departing my vote. If I see others try to turn on certain individuals I feel are probably villagers, I will probably have to revert my vote back to precious to save any said villagers.

Lynch Precious honestly seems very slightly sketchier than others, but largely I'm just flailing in the dark at this point.

So to Cubs and Sunshine (and also Alissa) I’m sick and it’s the holidays. When I haven’t been with family I’ve mostly been sleeping to clear this cold. On top of that, I have photos of my computer problems, if that would clear your suspicions @cubsrule4e . I, like Wolfie, am also suspicious of Doktor, but just feels.
Would like to hear from them before lynch. Additionally, any thoughts as to why we’ve had a couple people practically role reveal and wolves haven’t gone after them? Seems weird.

Oh, also, has anybody else had a post restriction? That seems like a weird thing to be a one day item.

I'm going to put my vote down for Precious so that I have a lynch vote in, but I'm still open to change if someone can put down a compelling reason for someone else.

Lynch Precious

I feel that I really do not want to jump on the precious bandwagon, eve though forcing a tie was suspicious a lot of us are still really learning how to play this game and it may have just been a noob mistake. While I haven’t been able to follow everyone’s reasonings for all decisions I am going to...
Lynch Doktor

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I think we are in a tie or very close to a tie with precious and Doktor .....

Can we get a vote count? I’m on my phone and currently lack the brain cells needed to scroll and count at the same time

D4 Christmas Time is Here Official Lynch Tally

precious (7)
- cats, diff, killer, alissa, hammer, mayo, Eng
sunshine () -
wolfie () -
wondering (2) - roid, doktor
doktor (4) - wondering, Wolfie, lizliz, afflac
Lizliz (1) - sunshine
roid (2) - precious, nontrad
Afflac (1) - cubs

17/21

@PreciousMoments2024 is in the lead! @Doktor_dud3 is not far behind

Missing: @GraduschoolusMaximus @MrsDrDr @Eriyo @kraskadva

Deadline 9pm est (~23 minutes)

QKT.gif

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
The end of voting is close... can we discuss between Doktor and Precious?

I'm okay with precious because I'd hate to miss such an obvious mistake if she's truly a wolf, but I really have bad vibes from doktor with the way they've placed votes so far and the limited interaction *edited because autocorrect makes me a fool sometimes*

If I were precious, I would’ve been tempted to role reveal by now, especially as pressure and suspicion have grown... I suppose all will be revealed in time....

I hate to see a day end this quiet, especially since it wouldn’t surprise me if precious hasn’t seen chat in five-ever