WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m guessing we’re unlikely to get more of a defense or be able to shift votes this close to lynch, but that may be because precious is busy, as they said earlier.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were precious, I would’ve been tempted to role reveal by now, especially as pressure and suspicion have grown... I suppose all will be revealed in time....
I don't know if they are able to get on since work and end of day were so close for them. We can only hope that maybe people's suspicions were right that they are wolf.

Reactions: 1 users
I fear for the loss of another Villager.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got home and was able to log on. Sorry I wasn’t able to get on earlier and discuss with you guys (working at an emergency vet on holidays tends to get a bit crazy :confused: ).

Day 4

giphy.gif

Emperor penguins are known for being the largest of the penguin species. They spend a lot of time huddled together to conserve heat, and they forage together in the sea. You will rarely find an emperor on their own - they form enormous colonies and are together for most of their lives. One particular emperor penguin among the animals that gathered on this beautiful Christmas was very attached to her friend. Some might even have said they were lovers, though outsiders might not have understood their connection.

When the lynch mob turned against her, she tried to waddle away. She couldn't go very fast, but she thought if she could just reach the water she could escape. She reached a downhill slope and slid down onto her belly, becoming her own toboggan. And she almost made it! But just before she got to the shore, a group of small animals ran across her path. She crashed into them and lost her momentum just long enough for the mob to catch her. Her lover looked on, helpless.

Dead is @PreciousMoments2024, who was the Emperor Penguin, a villager who had a friend so close they would have given their lives for each other at night.

It is now Night 4. Deadline is as soon as all night actions are received, or 9am EST.

20 players remain.

2. @EngrSC
3. @LizLiz99
4. @Sunshine in a Storm
5. @differentiating
6. @GraduschoolusMaximus
7. @Wolfie<3
9. @alissa14
10. @Doktor_dud3
11. @MrsDrDr
12. @BigCats
13. @SirHammerlock
15. @holdthemayo
16. @WonderingStudent
17. @Eriyo
18. @nontradstdnt
19. @AccidentFromFlorida
20. @acanthuroidei
21. @kraskadva
22. @killerleaf
24. @cubsrule4e

Dead:
SkiOtter - Northern Sea Otter - Sacrificial Lamb
Sunbodi - Arctic Tern - Vanillager
Elkhart - Arctic Wolf - Tracker
Flushy - Beluga Whale - Vanillager
Precious - Emperor Penguin - Lover

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6 users
:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:
y’all know your job is to find WOLVES right?
:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• Wow
  • Haha
I wish you all the best of luck and hope you all have a happy holiday!

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Ahhhh I just realized it's 9:34 and I forgot to send in my lynch!!! I'm really sorry everyone. I've been trying to be as active as I can, but I got distracted tonight and lost track of time.

I'm really upset we lost precious and we really can't afford to lose another villager... I think we need a new strategy because this isn't going very well. Let's hope night actions will help.

Lover is the worst-case scenario - it means we might be losing *another* villager soon, unless the lover really was just self-sacrifical at night only.

Members don't see this ad :)
We have yet to kill a wolf, we’re definitely in a noob game

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
If it makes you guys feel better, the other game i was in started very similarly, so it’s not just because we’re noobs, although it’s admittedly at least partially because we’re noobs

No contingency lynch for me tonight, I’m going to reread the thread again and make a loooong list of everything I’m feeling about everyone and why. Clearly something is going wrong between what I’m thinking and what’s actually happening and I think I need to justify my thoughts to myself instead of using other people’s lists as a barometer.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes! We all need to think for ourselves and not be swayed by others.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
:1poop::1poop::1poop: sorry y'all. I completely blanked on this with my holiday brain engaged.
Reading through what I missed and catching up now....

Happy Holidays everybody!

Reactions: 1 user
Lotta posts, lotta lists...

RIP precious.

Gonna read through again tomorrow with a pen and paper so I can try to keep track. No contingency lynch atm, because I wanna think through this better than I can right now.

By way of apology for missing lynch today, here's another pic of my cat

1018191757e (1).jpg

• Love
I know it's very common for the first few lynches to end in villager death, since statistically we're more likely to pick village over wolf without any information, but it's still very frustrating. It doesn't help that PMing is limited, so those of us without information-finding roles have to rely purely on gut and gameplay - which is hard in a noob game where noob mistakes are made.

I'm flying home tomorrow, so will be checking in probably in the afternoon PST once I'm back and settled in. Going to mull over my lynch options until then, though hopefully someone might get some new info overnight to guide us in the right direction.

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday with their families! Here’s a picture of my cat trying to open her presents early;)
37BCAA2C-F860-44EF-A8FE-3225A2DB90CA.jpeg

• Love
Night 4

source.gif

The Rockhopper Penguin sat morosely in a corner on his own, unable to sleep, unable to do anything else. He may not have communicated much with the Emperor, may not even have done much to save her, but even still he missed the comfort of her presence. He would have lived his life in this loneliness forever - but someone had other plans.

He decided to go for a late night swim, and while he was out in the sea, while no one was watching (even those restless animals who were out of their beds), he was dragged to depths that his little body could not withstand.

Dead is @cubsrule4e, who was the Rockhopper Penguin, a villager who would have given his life for his Emperor Penguin lover had they been attacked at night.

As the new day dawned, the young animals felt a little more vulnerable, with no Padawans to guide them in the ways of lynch mobs. But then there was the sound of a familiar voice, and they turned to see a familiar face...

Welcome back @Elkhart from the dead!

It is now Day 5. Lynch deadline is 9pm EST.

20 players remain

1. @EngrSC
2. @LizLiz99
3. @Sunshine in a Storm
4. @differentiating
5. @GraduschoolusMaximus
6. @Wolfie<3
7. @alissa14
8. @Doktor_dud3
9. @MrsDrDr
10. @BigCats
11. @SirHammerlock
12. @holdthemayo
13. @WonderingStudent
14. @Eriyo
15. @nontradstdnt
16. @AccidentFromFlorida
17. @acanthuroidei
18. @kraskadva
19. @killerleaf
20. @Elkhart

Dead:
SkiOtter - Northern Sea Otter - Sacrificial Lamb
Sunbodi - Arctic Tern - Vanillager
Flushy - Beluga Whale - Vanillager
Elkhart - Arctic Wolf - Tracker
Precious - Emperor Penguin - Lover
cubsrule4e - Rockhopper Penguin - Lover

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy

Table of Contents

• Love
:hello:

Need to go back and read through the thread again and review some things before putting my thoughts forward.

• Wow
MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:
ANY AND ALL PMing IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!! You may communicate with your manators and MODGODS ONLY.

You will be smited (or at least I will push for your smiting in the mod think tank) if we find you participating in illegal PMing

• Wow
  • Love
About to board, but just want to say - apparently I was quite popular last night. Unfortunately, in addition to gifts, I was attacked and injured, so I won’t be able to perform any actions tonight. :/

Also - did anyone have a one-time rez ability and can claim elk’s rez?

I just talked to my manator and apparently Elk may not have come back as the same role, so we can't analyse all his past actions with his current role

welcome back elk!

fyi...I will be in and out today. we are going floor shopping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just talked to my manator and apparently Elk may not have come back as the same role, so we can't analyse all his past actions with his current role

This was why I wanted to see if anyone could claim the rez without compromising potential future villager rezzes. They likely have a different role, and possibly could have even been rezzed by wolves - we just don’t know.

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:
ANY AND ALL PMing IS SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!! You may communicate with your manators and MODGODS ONLY.

You will be smited (or at least I will push for your smiting in the mod think tank) if we find you participating in illegal PMing

I wonder if this means that the wolves can no longer pm amongst themselves as well?

This was why I wanted to see if anyone could claim the rez without compromising potential future villager rezzes. They likely have a different role, and possibly could have even been rezzed by wolves - we just don’t know.
What does "claim the rez" mean?

About to board, but just want to say - apparently I was quite popular last night. Unfortunately, in addition to gifts, I was attacked and injured, so I won’t be able to perform any actions tonight. :/
Item or non-item gift? I think you might be able to understand why I vouched so strongly for acanth lol.

What does "claim the rez" mean?

I’m asking the person who brought elk back if they’re willing to state so publicly- which they should do if this was a 1-time ability. If nobody is willing to claim it, either there’s the potential for further rezzing or the wolves are behind it.

Item or non-item gift? I think you might be able to understand why I vouched so strongly for acanth lol.

I do believe I understand now, and agree with your assessment.

• Love
I’m going to go through and make my writeup for today. I don’t think I’m going to look too closely into absenteeism the past day cycle since goodness knows the holidays are hectic but I will still be keeping it in mind as needed.

I wonder if this means that the wolves can no longer pm amongst themselves as well?
I asked my manator and they said that wolves can’t speak in PM between each other because of this new rule. Any player to player communication (even villager to villager communication) other than this chat is banned at this current point.

Ok so I’m finishing up my lunch break (I spent it reading through the th) and probably won’t be able to post until after work around 6:30. I may be able to check in so if I’m reacting to posts I’m not necessarily lurking lol. I’m going to list my current suspicions below.

- Most Suspicious

1. @Sunshine in a Storm - On 12-23 @ 10:11 AM - wanted people to role reveal to try and help the town. Maybe this is a noob move but I would assume her manator would advise her against role revealing in general.

2. @kraskadva -had the lynch vote tally with highlighted known villagers. Cubs was originally accidentally in green, who we now know is a villager and from what I’m interpreting from his role, would’ve resulted in the death of Precious as well. Perhaps they knew something we didn’t and this was a Freudian slip. It could also just be an accident but to me, it felt worth mentioning.
Edit: I’m not sure, but I think kraskadva said the whole green name thing was an honest mistake but in WW, there’s no such thing as honesty lol. Just a thought...

I wish I had more concrete proof but as many mentioned, it’s still relatively early in the game. And in WW, you basically have to be suspicious of everyone...

- People I just have off feelings about

@LizLiz99
@Eriyo
@EngrSC

I won’t cast my lynch vote until later. I’ll have approximately 3 hours to do so and hopefully will be able to gather more information at this t

Last edited:
I asked my manator and they said that wolves can’t speak in PM between each other because of this new rule. Any player to player communication (even villager to villager communication) other than this chat is banned at this current point.
Were wolves previously able to PM between each other and now this is banned or has it always been banned and it just now is being enforced? This is a noob game and mistakes are bound to happen...

Were wolves previously able to PM between each other and now this is banned or has it always been banned and it just now is being enforced? This is a noob game and mistakes are bound to happen...
Wolves have their own group chat that they use to communicate with each other and decide what action to take (ie. which player to kill overnight) in. Presumably this temporary PM ban also applies to them.

Anyway, apologies for my sporadic activity. I’m at work until 7 CST and then have a ~45 min drive afterward. I will definitely check in during my break and leave a vote somewhere once I’m doing going through the thread.

Wolves have their own group chat that they use to communicate with each other and decide what action to take (ie. which player to kill overnight) in. Presumably this temporary PM ban also applies to them.
So I’m sorry, this is my first game and I’m still confused. Are wolves not allowed to use their group chat for now? Or were wolves pming other wolves directly and that’s now banned?

Busy day at work and can’t use my phone on the floor but I’ll participate when I get home tonight

I was rezzed as a stock vanillager. I haven’t changed affiliation, though I did lose my night ability.

So I’m sorry, this is my first game and I’m still confused. Are wolves not allowed to use their group chat for now? Or were wolves pming other wolves directly and that’s now banned?
The bolded, methinks. All PM communications are banned, with the only exception being those between noobs and manators and/or moderators.