WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IM SORRY. I was driving back from vacation!!! **HUGS**!!!!!

That's all I wanted. Don't lynch Wolfie.

I'm going to vote to Lynch Dr.Flush as a placeholder while we wait to hear from them and sunbodi

Members don't see this ad.

Do we believe Sunbodi’s claim to be a vanilla villager?
Edit: Whoops. I interpreted their first post claiming a "useless role" as implying not-vanillger, but I see Sunbodi walked this back later.
Original (wrong): Sunbodi not claim vanillager. They said their role wasn't very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How I interpreted the provided role description is that Ski was destined to sacrifice herself N1 regardless. The wolves wouldn’t have known that; I think it’s possible that she still may have been targeted and it just so happened to be that she was going to die, anyway. I received information last night that kinda makes me wonder, too, though I concede I may be looking too much into it.
I mean I actually play the game mafia. There's a literal role called bodyguard that sacrifices themselves for another player:

I am so sheepish around you >.<

Uh mods, I'm so sheepish. I made posts without puns and I'm not allowed to do anything about it! Help this poor lost lamb!

Lynch Dr. Flush

Submitting my vote for now.

Just woke up...

**********lynch flushy*********

Because I like lynching flushy and he's gonna be super crabby when he remembers he's playing

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Because I like lynching flushy and he's gonna be super crabby when he remembers he's playing

But the point of lynching is to remove WOLVES.
I think a standard tactic for wolves is to interact, not just be completely AFK.
I'm just not certain I see a benefit for getting rid of Flushy...especially that he isn't defending himself.

Reactions: 3 users
Any reason, especially since I’m one of the few people who’ve actually been active?

I’d like to hear from Dr. Flush, too.

No reason except playing "tag" haha Open to other options, where is everyone?!

I mean I actually play the game mafia. There's a literal role called bodyguard that sacrifices themselves for another player:

I am so sheepish around you >.<
Fair enough, I guess. I’ve played before, too, but don’t remember being in a game with that role. But it’s also been a couple of years so I’m probably wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason people are lynching Dr. Flush?

I'm sluggishly tired from church.

Also idk why people are reading into me using puns. Somebody deliberately put a chat restriction on me last night that requires me to use puns

If everyone could post what happened to them last night we can find the snake amongst us!!!

Otherwise we will never be able to find the wolves

Ok I’ll share.... nothing special happened to me last night besides becoming your Mayor. I may have distributed a special item to someone that could help if they opened up about it.

Hugs for everyone by the way.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't get any extra info last night. :shrug:

@WonderingStudent and @alissa14 have both also been quiet and missed the vote last night. WonderingStudent has been liking posts so I know they’ve at least been watching the thread.

Either of you have anything to say?

I did not receive any info last night. Am I allowed to share my role with everyone? I feel like that may help put some people at ease (mainly myself lol). I am a villager.

Whoops, disregard the part about WonderingStudent. I just can’t read at all today apparently.

I am still very wary about Sunbodi.

Reactions: 5 users
I choose to LYNCH Sunbodi

I can't wolfishly lynch random players without more info on them.

I choose to LYNCH Sunbodi

I can't wolfishly lynch random players without more info on them.

Bahahah, good one. This first day sucks, no information to go off of.

I did not receive any info last night. Am I allowed to share my role with everyone? I feel like that may help put some people at ease (mainly myself lol). I am a villager.

Generally, you dont want to reveal your role or abilities too early, because it gives the wolves more to work with. As you get deeper into the game, people will begin to reveal this information to find inconsistencies in what people have been saying and what actions theyve been claiming to have performed/been acted on by.

Reactions: 5 users
Just woke up (sleep debt is real), and caught up on the thread.

It feels a little early to be lynching people for inactivity, imo, so I'm not sure if the flushy bandwagon will net us anything. It's early enough in the game that they could easily be a villager who forgot they were playing. So far, the only person I have any suspicions on is sunbodi for overreacting so much to one contingency lynch vote, but that could easily be a noob error. I know a common WW rule is to lynch anyone who lynches themselves, but again, it seems like a

Basically, I have no real suspicions, so let's distribute the pressure to get some conversation going.

lynch engrsc

Just woke up (sleep debt is real), and caught up on the thread.

It feels a little early to be lynching people for inactivity, imo, so I'm not sure if the flushy bandwagon will net us anything. It's early enough in the game that they could easily be a villager who forgot they were playing. So far, the only person I have any suspicions on is sunbodi for overreacting so much to one contingency lynch vote, but that could easily be a noob error. I know a common WW rule is to lynch anyone who lynches themselves, but again, it seems like a

Basically, I have no real suspicions, so let's distribute the pressure to get some conversation going.

lynch engrsc

*seems like a noob mistake. I swear I can type.

I'm going to say lynch sunbodi but only because they seem like the most likely to be trying to convince us they are a villager, which could just be a noob mistake and while this is a noob game they are not a complete noob, as they clearly play mafia which I'm assuming is relatively similar.

I don't see the DrFlushy flush being super useful, especially since it's already evening and they still haven't shown up, but I'm also not sure who else would be a good option- y'all just aren't talking enough for me to be suspicious of anyone yet! I agree Sunbodi is doing the most but also they seem pretty genuine.

they clearly play mafia which I'm assuming is relatively similar

I think this is a really good point, and one that I hadn't considered before either. Seems a little heavy-handed to be making noob mistakes when you're not a total noob to me.

Day 1 True Facts About the Sea Otter aka Baby's First Bandwagon Lynch Tally

Sunbodi (3) - elk, sunbodi, hammer
ELk (1) - MrsDrDr
Flushy (10) - cubs, nontrad, sunshine, eng, doktor, mayo, wolfie, kras, precious, Eri
diff (1) - BigCats
eng (1) - diff

@Dr. ForgotToFlush You are winning!
16/24 votes
Deadline: 9pm EST (~3.25 hours)

giphy.gif

Fact #2: Otters have very plush fur

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm going to say lynch sunbodi but only because they seem like the most likely to be trying to convince us they are a villager, which could just be a noob mistake and while this is a noob game they are not a complete noob, as they clearly play mafia which I'm assuming is relatively similar.

Part of the reason I'm tempted to give them the benefit of the doubt is because they seem so focused on how things are done in mafia that they're having a hard time adapting to the differences in WW. But that's just my read. I also feel like a wolf would have the common sense to lie back a little and not paint so big a target on their back so early, but :shrug:

Part of the reason I'm tempted to give them the benefit of the doubt is because they seem so focused on how things are done in mafia that they're having a hard time adapting to the differences in WW. But that's just my read. I also feel like a wolf would have the common sense to lie back a little and not paint so big a target on their back so early, but :shrug:

Giving benefit of the doubt is how we all die D: ... I think I’m going to switch my vote but I am not sure yet... I am agreeing more with those saying they might be trying to pull a fast one us... but I’ll feel real bad if they were actually a villager.

Flushy has played more, so i lynched to get his attention to come and contribute. Then the vote took off.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.
It's my first game, and I'm like, jeez, I'm glad I'm logged in...

Unlynch Dr. Flush , Lynch Sunbodi

Seems like Dr. Flush can probably be bait another time...

Sunbodi: anything you can contribute to defend against the claims brought against you?

Giving benefit of the doubt is how we all die D: ... I think I’m going to switch my vote but I am not sure yet... I am agreeing more with those saying they might be trying to pull a fast one us... but I’ll feel real bad if they were actually a villager.

Sure, but usually that's more of when someone's caught out in a lie or actually found to be a wolf. If we lynch everyone who's simply accused of being a wolf, we'll sacrifice a lot of villagers in the process, which is dangerous.

That being said, I'm more on board with a sunbodi lynch than a flushy one, so I'll probably switch my vote unless more information comes out leading us in a different direction. I'd rather vote based off gameplay than silence for now.

As an aside - if we have an investigator/seer role, I certainly hope they look into our mayor sooner rather than later. Mayor positions can often come with a veto, from what I've seen in prior WW games, and if they're a wolf it'd be better to flush that out asap so they won't be effectively unlynchable come endgame. No need to out the results unless you find they're a wolf, obviously.

I'm not suspicious of Wolfie currently, but better safe than sorry.

Reactions: 2 users
As an aside - if we have an investigator/seer role, I certainly hope they look into our mayor sooner rather than later. Mayor positions can often come with a veto, from what I've seen in prior WW games, and if they're a wolf it'd be better to flush that out asap so they won't be effectively unlynchable come endgame. No need to out the results unless you find they're a wolf, obviously.

I'm not suspicious of Wolfie currently, but better safe than sorry.
I thought there was only villager and wolf?

Villager, wolf, and seer are the usual big three roles in a game. There can be a lot of variation among those, though (ie. vanillager, tracker, protector, someone might have a lynch avoidance, etc.).

EDIT: differentiating did a much better job explaining this in the following posts; ignore me

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow

What do you mean? Villagers can have roles (such as seer, protector, etc.), just as skiotter was the sacrificial lamb.

Though it's worth noting that in some games, there are also chaos and neutral roles. I highly doubt they'll have those in a noob game, so we're probably just looking at villagers vs wolves.