WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd consider villager/wolf as the player's alignment for the game, and their ability as their role. In case that was the phrasing that was confusing.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Will be interesting to see who the wolves target tonight. I need more information, so much is being withheld.

Though it's worth noting that in some games, there are also chaos and neutral roles. I highly doubt they'll have those in a noob game, so we're probably just looking at villagers vs wolves.
I sure hope not!! The last thing we need is more confusion!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd consider villager/wolf as the player's alignment for the game, and their ability as their role. In case that was the phrasing that was confusing.
I apologize, I thought the villager and wolf were the roles, I was unaware there were special things beyond mayor. My noob is showing lol

Unlynch Dr. Flush , Lynch Sunbodi

Seems like Dr. Flush can probably be bait another time...

Sunbodi: anything you can contribute to defend against the claims brought against you?
Uh, no. You are very motivated to kill me and I already said everything i could to defend myself. I'm a vanilla villager and you'll see after you lynch me.

The wolfish name of yours is very fitting (I'm not actually this aggressive I just have a post restriction that requires I use animal puns >.<)

I apologize, I thought the villager and wolf were the roles, I was unaware there were special things beyond mayor. My noob is showing lol

No worries! Just wanted to clarify that we likely have villagers with nighttime actions, so someone having a nighttime PM/etc. isn't automatically a wolf. ;)

Uh, no. You are very motivated to kill me and I already said everything i could to defend myself. I'm a vanilla villager and you'll see after you lynch me.

The wolfish name of yours is very fitting (I'm not actually this aggressive I just have a post restriction that requires I use animal puns >.<)

If you wind up in the lead for lynch votes, you could still reveal your role name to try and gain credibility.

Sorry sunbodi... :(
Trying to balance things out until we get some new info

Unlynch Dr.Flushie, Lynch Sunbodi.

The wolfish name of yours is very fitting (I'm not actually this aggressive I just have a post restriction that requires I use animal puns

I’m not all for killing you.. I just have no idea where else to go with my vote except back to someone who is inactive. Not much information presented itself this first day.

Since snakes are amongst our midst and I will be killed or lynched soon I'd like to give some advice to villagers:

Watch very carefully the individuals who bandwagon off of votes and tend to be quiet. Wolves have a behavior of lying low to not draw attention and doing whatever in their power to kill innocents without making it obvious. Remember that even wolves have a lynch vote.

Sorry sunbodi... :(
Trying to balance things out until we get some new info

Unlynch Dr.Flushie, Lynch Sunbodi.
No hard feelings DD :( I know your heart isn't ice cold like the ectothermic snakes in the midst

• Haha
If you wind up in the lead for lynch votes, you could still reveal your role name to try and gain credibility.
We weren't given a role list so I'm not sure how giving my role name will get the retractable wolf claws off my back.

But because I'll be killed anyways and because my role is absolutely useless I'll give you a name:

It is Artic Tern. I'm a villager with absolutely no abilities

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 1 True Facts About the Sea Otter aka Baby's First Bandwagon Lynch Tally

Sunbodi (7) - elk, sunbodi, hammer, wolfie, diff, Grad, doktor
ELk (1) - MrsDrDr
Flushy (8) - cubs, nontrad, sunshine, eng, mayo, kras, precious, Eri
diff (1) - BigCats

@Dr. ForgotToFlush You are winning! @Sunbodi You are not far behind!
17/24 votes
Deadline: 9pm EST (~2 hours)

giphy.gif

Fact #3: Otters are carnivorous mammals related to minks, ferrets, and the least weasel

Also if there's an investigative role you could've very easily saved me by confirming my role but too late for this poor baabaa black sheep :cryi: +pity+

We weren't given a role list so I'm not sure how giving my role name will get the retractable wolf claws off my back.

But because I'll be killed anyways and because my role is absolutely useless I'll give you a name:

It is Artic Tern. I'm a villager with absolutely no abilities

A few things:

1. You're not leading the lynch vote yet, last I checked, and there was no real reason to think you'd be "killed anyways". A smart wolfpack would keep you alive at night, if you're a villager, because you're suspicious enough to keep heat off of them.

2. I don't think you're ever given a list of roles in WW. But it can be helpful if people either try to role claim a role that another person has, thereby revealing themselves as a wolf, or if their role sounds wolfy in nature. It's hard to say without any wolves dead, but it's possible that (in an animal game) they'd all be types of wolves.

3. Backstreet boys?

Also if there's an investigative role you could've very easily saved me by confirming my role but too late for this poor baabaa black sheep :cryi: +pity+

Even if they investigated you and found you were a villager, it's MUCH better for the villagers for the seer to stay silent. I'd rather lose a vanillager over our seer, if it comes down to it. If they were to reveal, the wolves would kill them tonight for obvious reasons.

A few things:

1. You're not leading the lynch vote yet, last I checked, and there was no real reason to think you'd be "killed anyways". A smart wolfpack would keep you alive at night, if you're a villager, because you're suspicious enough to keep heat off of them.

2. I don't think you're ever given a list of roles in WW. But it can be helpful if people either try to role claim a role that another person has, thereby revealing themselves as a wolf, or if their role sounds wolfy in nature. It's hard to say without any wolves dead, but it's possible that (in an animal game) they'd all be types of wolves.

3. Backstreet boys?

Even if they investigated you and found you were a villager, it's MUCH better for the villagers for the seer to stay silent. I'd rather lose a vanillager over our seer, if it comes down to it. If they were to reveal, the wolves would kill them tonight for obvious reasons.
Well I mean there's also a doctor that could heal the seer but I get what you're saying.

Also, nobody has given any legitimate reasoning that they think I'm a wolf besides *feeling* that I'm sus lol. I've only had a target on my back because of arguing with skiotter. So far none of the villagers have tried putting heat on other players and have kept a target on me despite me not exhibiting any patterns of a wolf.

But yes, I get how killing a vanillager for appearing sus is easier than to actually look at voting patterns.

The poor sheep will have to be sacrificed alongside the sacrificial lamb.

Well I mean there's also a doctor that could heal the seer but I get what you're saying.

Also, nobody has given any legitimate reasoning that they think I'm a wolf besides *feeling* that I'm sus lol. I've only had a target on my back because of arguing with skiotter. So far none of the villagers have tried putting heat on other players and have kept a target on me despite me not exhibiting any patterns of a wolf.

But yes, I get how killing a vanillager for appearing sus is easier than to actually look at voting patterns.

The poor sheep will have to be sacrificed alongside the sacrificial lamb.

There's not necessarily a doctor. Possibly we have a protector, but it's by no means a guarantee. WW is similar to mafia, but different in a few ways.

It's the first lynch day. We've only had 1 night for potential investigations - it's very common for first lynch to be a bit of a shot in the dark, since we have no info. All we have to go on is how people are playing, and you've been overreacting to people's posts all day, which is more suspicious than anyone else has been. Voting patterns are meaningless, because we've had no results - and one data point isn't a pattern. Maybe in a few days it can be useful knowledge, but not always.

Plus, myself and a few others voted for random people to try and diversify targets, but the flushy bandwagon took off with such force that it was pointless. Hence why a lot of us recently switched our votes over. I get that you don't want to be lynched, but you're really not doing yourself any favors with all the angry accusations.

Sorry for not posting earlier today, it’s been a busy day of driving. As for SkiOtter’s death, it’s unlikey Ski was a bodyguard. Ski was also in the last game I played and she had the “destined to die” role in that game. When I asked what that means, I was told that it’s a role Ski likes to have, and that it just means she’s guaranteed to be the one to die on night 1, nothing else.

As for lynching, I’m not sure why there’s such a big bandwagon on Dr. F2F, it seems like a waste of a night 1 vote to use on a relative veteran who has simply been inactive; it gives us no info.
Lynch Sunbodi
Even though I really liked what you said about wolves liking to lie low and move together in the bandwagon, I’m concerned about how quickly you revealed role. I am also a mafia player outside of this, and at least in my circles, role reveal is pretty taboo on day 2 for the same reason that (I think it was) Cubs said, and also the quick turn on ski.

Reactions: 1 users
So, would the mayor decide in the event of a tie-lynch? We are one away from such an occurrence.

lynch sunbodi
unlynch flushy

I don't want to be bullied for hours on end and badgered to defend myself when I already did 100x. Please just kill me now. I'm never playing this game on sdn again

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
So, would the mayor decide in the event of a tie-lynch? We are one away from such an occurrence.

It's in our best interest to avoid ties. Best-case scenario, the mayor gets to pick; worst-case, mods decide whether to kill both, randomly kill one, kill the player who tied it up, etc....

I’m starting to feel bad....

Edit: But it is just a game.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't really want to lynch Flushy if they aren't here to defend themselves. It's relatively close to night so there's not a lot of time for people to change votes or for them to get back to us.

Ladies and gentlemen, lions, tigers and bears, giraffes, sea urchins, alligators and all that ****. I am Jazze Phenzel Burgandy Obama Luther King Jr. Jackson 5 the First and I'd like to introduce to you Block Hemzell, AKA BLOCKHAMPTON! Oh, boy—ladies and gentlemen!

i would've been here sooner but my cats were on my desk and I had to wait for them to move so I could do work

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Sorry, I've been away doing holiday things with the hubby...
Catching up now.

i would've been here sooner but my cats were on my desk and I had to wait for them to move so I could do work

Oh hello!!! Is there anything you can share to sway the vote that ends in a little over a hour ;-)

Ladies and gentlemen, lions, tigers and bears, giraffes, sea urchins, alligators and all that ****. I am Jazze Phenzel Burgandy Obama Luther King Jr. Jackson 5 the First and I'd like to introduce to you Block Hemzell, AKA BLOCKHAMPTON! Oh, boy—ladies and gentlemen!
Flushy! You're back :)
Gonna lay down and die, or talk yourself out of it?

Anyways I'm a 30 year ww veteran and DUbz graciously asked me to dispense as much wisdom as possible upon you fresh saplings
RULE 1:
It's customary to post cat pics
unknown.png
This is Sugar & Spice
They love short walks on the beach and hate paying rent

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
RULE 2:
When you come back to the thread you say you're back, because it's polite
so something like
"And we're back"
In fact say that, exactly like that
You'll make more friends like that trust me

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Day 1 True Facts About the Sea Otter aka Baby's First Bandwagon Lynch Tally

Sunbodi (7) - elk, sunbodi, hammer, wolfie, diff, Grad, doktor
ELk (1) - MrsDrDr
Flushy (8) - cubs, nontrad, sunshine, eng, mayo, kras, precious, Eri
diff (1) - BigCats

@Dr. ForgotToFlush You are winning! @Sunbodi You are not far behind!
17/24 votes
Deadline: 9pm EST (~2 hours)

giphy.gif

Fact #3: Otters are carnivorous mammals related to minks, ferrets, and the least weasel
what in the blue hell

• Haha
Anyways I'm a 30 year ww veteran and DUbz graciously asked me to dispense as much wisdom as possible upon you fresh saplings
RULE 1:
unknown.png
This is Sugar & Spice

I can only see the picture when I quote... weird. Anyway, cute kitties!

RULE 1:
unknown.png
This is Sugar & Spice
yay cat pics :)

i may or may not have ****ed up the upload
whatever
why in god's good name do I have 8 votes

i may or may not have ****ed up the upload
whatever
why in god's good name do I have 8 votes

No one has any information to cast a vote so people were voting for those who haven’t been present currently.

Moar cat pics - this is Mika
She wants all of your attention but none of your petting.

Attachments

• 15770619146831868452794.jpg
    15770619146831868452794.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Day 1
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

giphy.gif

The diverse group of wintry wildlife gathered on the pack ice, ready for a peaceful and civil election to determine who would be their leader. Some of them were confused about exactly what the purpose of a "Mayor" was, as they had never seen one before. A wise old creature, who had to stand on the shoulder of a taller animal to be seen, explained that a mayor was meant to make tough decisions, and to be an animal of the people, to guide them in the right directions, and to help eliminate those who would do them harm.

The animals still weren't sure what she was talking about...but they went about their campaigns, and it was a close race! There was a small amount of bickering, but calm voices prevailed. For those who had seen such elections before, it was fun to compare to one that had happened not too long ago, among much older and more ornery creatures.

At the end of the day, the group managed to avoid a tie, and a decision was made.

You have elected @Wolfie<3 as your new mayor. Congratulations Wolfie!

Night fell and the animals departed to their individual dens and burrows...

giphy.gif

Night 1
❄❄❄❄❄

giphy.gif

Many of you may know that Northern Sea Otters love to spend some time alone, foraging for food, and just having a good time swimming around in their native coastal waters. Large groups of them live in Alaska, and their thick fur keeps them warm in the cold water. @SkiOtter was one such sea otter, and though she ate on her own, when she rested she liked to be close to her friends. They would hold hands as they slept, keeping each other from drifting out to sea.

But last night, Ski sensed that her destiny was unfolding before her, to take her somewhere new. She did not resist. She knew if she did, someone else would die in her place, someone too young to be taken from this world so soon. She was old, and she felt in her bones that it was her time. She released the hand of the nearest otter and let herself float out into darkness. She was never seen again.

Dead is @SkiOtter, who was a Northern Sea Otter, a villager who was destined to sacrifice her life night 1 so no one else would have to die.

Elsewhere during the night, there were the quiet sounds of little paws scampering across the landscape, and the low rumbles of large creatures, returning to their dens.

It is now Day 2. Lynch deadline is 9pm EST.

24 Players Remain

1. @PreciousMoments2024
2. @EngrSC
3. @LizLiz99
4. @Sunshine in a Storm
5. @differentiating
6. @GraduschoolusMaximus
7. @Wolfie<3
9. @alissa14
10. @Doktor_dud3
11. @MrsDrDr
12. @BigCats
13. @SirHammerlock
14. @Sunbodi
15. @holdthemayo
16. @WonderingStudent
17. @Eriyo
18. @nontradstdnt
19. @AccidentFromFlorida
20. @acanthuroidei
21. @kraskadva
22. @killerleaf
23. @Dr. ForgotToFlush
24. @cubsrule4e
25. @Elkhart

Dead:
SkiOtter - Northern Sea Otter - Sacrificial Lamb

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy
skiotter was my top wolfread after page 2 gj Flush you did it again

RULE 1:
unknown.png
This is Sugar & Spice

Quoted this just so I could see your cat pic and cat pic did not disappoint. Unlynch Dr. Flush

Lynch Alissa14