WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We now know that Wondering had no reason to lie. Why would kras check Alissa’s power if Alissa is also a wolf?
I will say that wolves can lie about messages received in the night and script conversations over PM. I'm not certain that's what happened here- I think it was a very weird move and I'm still trying to analyze it- but I did find it interesting that 3 minutes after alissa asked if anyone had visited her, kras, who was not very active on thread, jumped in to respond that she had. Seems like rather convenient timing to me. Still wondering if an alissa lynch would be a good idea or a bad one, think I'll stick with my Hammers lynch for now to push for information from someone who has given us none.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, I’m still not convinced by Alissa’s defense. For one, it’s super easy to make up your own role description since no direct quoting of PMs is allowed for obvious reasons. Mix in the sketchiness of her interactions with kras yesterday, several problematic posts that have been previously dissected, and her claimed ability... I’m sure she’s being truthful about the lynch avoidance; I’m not sure that she is being truthful about her affiliation. That said, I also understand that people seemingly don’t want to gamble on lynching her right now, and that’s fine.

Based on lynch voting history, I’m actually kind of suspicious of Doktor. With the exceptions of day 6 (where he jumped onto the gradus bandwagon) and day 7 (where he voted for himself? which alone is kind of a red flag), he has voted for a confirmed villager every day the entire first week. He also has a tendency to jump on bandwagons about midway through them, which is something that has been brought up as something wolves sometimes do to attempt to blend in. He also really seems to be dogging the bigcats train, as he’s voted for her a few times in the past few days. Does he perhaps know something about bigcats that we don’t?

My initial thought was that Doktor was probably village because he rezzed me and I’m vanillager myself, but is it possible that may have been converted at some point? Or maybe he was attempting to rez me as a wolf but it failed for some reason?

I also don’t like his tendency to lash out and accuse others of being wolves simply for questioning or voting for him, with absolutely no evidence or real speculation to support his claim.

I want to hear more from him; he’s been quiet today. So to apply some pressure...

unlynch hammers
lynch doktor

Members don't see this ad :)
If I die, here are the people who are villagers: Wolfie, Hammer, and AFF

I am not sure for Wolves, but I am suspicious of those in my list

On 12/26, Eriyo vouched for Hammers. Has anyone vouched for her since then? Does anyone have the date Hammers could’ve been converted in their notes? (Not finding it easily)

Well it's lylo, if you lynch me you lose, I don't say much on here because frankly I've been pretty busy, and this game has been, well, to be nice, kind of a mess from the village perspective. But if you want to lynch me go nuts wolves win. Alissa is more like a convert than me hence the willingness to link her original role right down to a copy paste but like I said, if you want to lynch me, despite wolfie essentially confirming I was village a couple of days ago by revealing that I pulled them into my neighbourhood then do it.
Lynch Alissa

wolfie essentially confirming I was village a couple of days ago by revealing that I pulled them into my neighbourhood

To me that doesn't confirm anything. Sounds exactly like a wolf trying to pocket a known and trusted villager!

To me that doesn't confirm anything. Sounds exactly like a wolf trying to pocket a known and trusted villager!

Really sounds to me like you're wolf trying to secure a lynch of a villager.
But like I said, this game has been a mess.

Well it's lylo, if you lynch me you lose, I don't say much on here because frankly I've been pretty busy, and this game has been, well, to be nice, kind of a mess from the village perspective. But if you want to lynch me go nuts wolves win. Alissa is more like a convert than me hence the willingness to link her original role right down to a copy paste but like I said, if you want to lynch me, despite wolfie essentially confirming I was village a couple of days ago by revealing that I pulled them into my neighbourhood then do it.
Lynch Alissa
I don’t know how conversions usually work- do players usually retain their powers post-conversion? I saw that post of Wolfie’s but if you were converted and kept your power, it’s not like anyone else would be the wiser.

On 12/26, Eriyo vouched for Hammers. Has anyone vouched for her since then? Does anyone have the date Hammers could’ve been converted in their notes? (Not finding it easily)
If I recall correctly, Eriyo was lynched before Gradus was exposed as a wolf, and since we all joined the Gradus lynch, any of us theoretically could have been converted, unless the mechanics of the converter role this time were different than the converter in last year’s noob game.

Members don't see this ad :)
@SirHammerlock can you give us a list of your current reads?

Honestly
Prob wolf
Alissa
Mrsdrdr

Prob village
Ensc

No idea
the rest
as for Bigcats for me you keep seeming either really village or really wolf and I have doubly no idea.

Also just to note I voted to lynch Kras day 5 and day 8, not saying this proves anything but right now don't particularly want village to lose and if we really are a lylo, and I don't know if we are then if you lynch me you lose.

Well, since there’s not a whole lot of discussion going on, I’ll throw in my vote to

Lynch MR. Hammers

I don’t feel comfortable potentially wasting a vote on Alissa at this point in time.

At this point, my biggest three wolf reads are MrsDrDr, Alissa, and Doktor. I’ll eat my hat if there isn’t at least one wolf among those three.

At this point, my biggest three wolf reads are MrsDrDr, Alissa, and Doktor. I’ll eat my hat if there isn’t at least one wolf among those three.
What’s your reasoning for MrsDrDr and Doktor? I can be persuaded to change my vote.

What’s your reasoning for MrsDrDr and Doktor? I can be persuaded to change my vote.
I’ve detailed my thoughts on Doktor and Alissa in prior posts (I’d link, but I’m WWing at work and on mobile, sorry!). As for MrsDrDr, that’s honestly mostly vague feels.

I really don’t know if I like the hammers lynch. I'm terrified that we’re going to end up in another LizLiz or Sunshine situation where they’re more likely to flip as a frustrated villager than a wolf. I would expect a wolf to fight back at least a little, like kras did. Something more than them effectively just giving up and letting out a halfhearted “Hey, I’m a villager. If you lynch me then, welp, gg wolves“.

Ok, I think my fever broke, so I'm around now.

I still stand by thinking alissa is fishy, and that we need to get the lynch avoidance out of the way. That being said, I agree that hammers has been essentially lurking in the background all game, so hard to know if he's been converted or not. I am glad to see he's posted a bit today, though.

I don't know about doktor. He's made some *really* weird moves, I agree, but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt since I'm fairly certain elk is a villager and a wolf wouldn't want to bring a villager back. That puts them one further from parity, after all. And Mrs role-revealed as a vanillager, which could either be true or a wolf cover story. I don't think anyone's investigated her or can soft-vouch.

Not going to change my vote just yet, but open to waffling.

Wow Elk I bring you back and this is how you repay me :cryi:

(jk)

I'm not a wolf though.

What can I do to prove I’m not a wolf? Seriously... lol

If people are seriously wanting to get Alissa’s lynch avoidance out of the way, I’m down for that.

it’s a gamble, yes, but pretty much everyone would be just as much of a gamble at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
If we lynch her, we are still at lylo, so if they kill someone tonight, we lose. Something to keep in mind. (I think that's how it works).

If people are seriously wanting to get Alissa’s lynch avoidance out of the way, I’m down for that.

it’s a gamble, yes, but pretty much everyone would be just as much of a gamble at this point.
I'm down. I don't really like any of our options lol but there's enough shadiness here that I feel fairly comfortable switching my vote.

If we lynch her, we are still at lylo, so if they kill someone tonight, we lose. Something to keep in mind. (I think that's how it works).
From what I understand, we are currently at 5:3 villagers:wolves, so if we lynch her tonight and it fails because of the avoidance, that ratio would remain the same. We’d be at 4:3 tomorrow after the NK.

No matter what, at this point, we’re going to be in lylo the entire rest of the game. Any and everyone is a gamble.

We only lose if she both doesn't have lynch avoidance and is a villager. If she does have lynch avoidance, wolves kill someone tonight, and tomorrow we're at 4:3, which is still above parity, so we'd be able to vote again for lynch. We're at Lylo for the rest of the game regardless of what we do, unless the wolves decide not to make a night kill or something.

I also want to mention that I got a night message last night that I was “spooked by a large creature.” I also got a post restriction that required me to post a New Years resolution with every post. It also mentioned “someone is watching me closely.” So I’m not sure if I was investigated last night and someone will be able to at least soft-vouch for me.

-in 2020 I want to eat healthier
Can anybody claim they visited me last night?

another New Years resolution: be late less
I did...and now know why I wouldn't waste a lynch vote on you
Guys let’s not waste our lynch on a third party player right now. We can lynch them later. Let’s focus on everyone else ex: kras and sunshine unlynch nontrad lynch kraskadva
I really gotta say I do not understand this mentality at all. We *know* for a fact that nontrad currently cannot have fulfilled their win condition (assuming they're being truthful about needing to lynch a wolf), so now is the perfect time to lynch them. If we find and lynch a wolf today and nontrad hops in at the last minute, newsflash, the game just might be over. I don't believe that they haven't fulfilled the rest of their win condition and there is absolutely no way to prove that they haven't besides just taking nontrad's word for it. However, if we do lynch nontrad today, we know with as much certainty as possible that they have not fulfilled their win conditions. There will always be wolves to hunt, and I would far rather lynch someone we know for certain is an enemy to the village rather than someone who might well be another villager. Let's get this obstacle down tonight and we can hunt for real tomorrow.
with the whole kras interaction. I just wanted to know who visited me during the night. Please note before I voted to lynch nontrad, I wanted to lynch kras bc they were suspicious to me. Why would I draw unnecessary attention to a fellow wolf? It was actually BigCats who convinced me to not focus on kras and focus on lynching nontrad. For that reason unlynch hammers lynch @BigCats

A few thoughts below but still doing some digging.

We now know that Wondering had no reason to lie. Why would kras check Alissa’s power if Alissa is also a wolf?

We know nontrad was a villager and I know I’m a villager. Could this soft-vouch Elk as being villager?

From Monday - potentially indicative of Alissa being a villager? If Alissa = wolf, why would she put pressure on Kras if there wasn’t heat on Kras yet?

And just thought I’d reiterate this. We know Wolfie wasn’t converted but it’s still plausible that Hammer was (or maybe someone else)

A correction - nontrad wasn't a villager. They were third-party. And a smart wolf would try not to be obvious about fingering only villagers as suspicious. I do think elk is village based on gameplay, but I wouldn't read much into the words of a wolf.

with the whole kras interaction. I just wanted to know who visited me during the night. Please note before I voted to lynch nontrad, I wanted to lynch kras bc they were suspicious to me. Why would I draw unnecessary attention to a fellow wolf? It was actually BigCats who convinced me to not focus on kras and focus on lynching nontrad. For that reason unlynch hammers lynch @BigCats
That post wasn't specifically targeted at you- if you scroll up, you'll see that Elkhart also had already switched their vote away from nontrad, and Doktor also was opposed to the nontrad lynch. That's why I didn't direct it towards any one person in particular but rather the multiple people who were suddenly waffling away from nontrad, who I saw as the only true confirmed threat. Yes, I wanted to encourage everyone to focus on lynching someone who had already outed themselves as chaos rather than waffling around to other targets who may or may not have been villagers. No, I didn't do so because I wanted to protect one of the people you were trying to lynch instead- with so many people still voting for nontrad even after you waffled, it would've been unlikely that there would have been enough of a consensus in the last two hours of the lynch to decide on another appropriate target, so why would I have bothered if my motivation was to protect kras? Nontrad was the most immediate threat and I wanted to ensure that she was lynched instead of being permitted to survive until endgame (and likely win) while potential villagers were lynched in her place. I will admit to initially defending kras yesterday because I thought there was no way a wolf would be so foolish as to do that (and we have seen quite a lot of foolishness from actual villagers), but once kras posted her rebuttal, I recognized my error and changed my vote accordingly.

Day (2)12 PARANOIA CENTRAL Lynch Tally:

MrsDrDr (1) - doktor
hammers (3) - bigcats, MrsDrDr, engr
alissa (2) - diff, SIRhammers
doktor (1) - elk
cats (1) - alissa

8/8

@SirHammerlock - you lead!!

Missing: n/a

Lynch deadline at 10 pm Eastern (~1 hours
red panda.gif

Here are some potential scenarios in which you lynch me all of them result in villagers losing

Scenario A

Day 12
Lynch me. I avoid lynch
Night 12
Wolves kill a villager
Ratio: 4:3

Day 13
Lynch me again. I die, flip village
Ratio: 3:3 village loses

Scenario B

Day 12
Lynch me. I avoid lynch
Night 12
Wolves kill a villager

Day 13
Lynch someone else
If it’s a wolf we are at 4:2
If it’s a villager we reach parity, villagers lose

Scenario C

Day 12
Lynch a wolf
Ratio 5:2
Lynch a villager
Ratio 4:3

Night 12
Say we lynch a wolf today, wolves kill tonight
If we don’t kill a wolf today, ratio becomes 3:3 = parity = village loses

There are more but these our like given current situation. We need to lynch actual wolves. Not me. Even if you lynch me it doesn’t get us closer to winning the game. Even if you think I’m a wolf. I won’t die during lynch. So that’s not helpful!

Unlynch BigCats for now @SirHammerlock care to role reveal while you’re in the lead? Otherwise I’m switching my vote to you

About five minutes left... I’m anxious that we’re making the wrong decision with this lynch and are throwing any last shred of hope away.

My guess is hammers won’t be back on in time to defend himself further... nervous about how this lynch will go. If we’re wrong, it’s over.

Lynch hammerz

DAY TWELVE
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
walrus.gif

Paranoia. It is the name of the game, as it were. The Walrus had started out paranoid, and he never quite got over it. His usually gregarious nature was overcome by the feeling that he could trust no one but himself. And the one time he thought might have found a friend and confidant, what happened? She was killed the next day. So he withdrew from the group, kept to himself, though his whole purpose in life was to find the right animals to make his neighbors.

And that is why, when the group finally turned on him, there was no one to save him. It didn't matter that he had been confirmed as a good guy earlier in the game, because they knew someone had turned away from the light and towards the dark. He told them they would all perish, that they were throwing away their own lives by condemning him. They did not stop to realize how alone he was in defending himself, how no one came to his rescue. How quietly the day passed once it was decided that he was the one who needed to go. He was alone, in the end, just as he had been in the beginning.

Dead is @SirHammerlock, who was the Walrus, and a villager who could form a "Neighborhood" by inviting others to PM with him.

It is now Night 12. Deadline is ASAP.

7 players remain

1. @EngrSC
2. @differentiating
3. @alissa14
4. @Doktor_dud3
5. @MrsDrDr
6. @BigCats
7. @Elkhart

Dead:
SkiOtter - Northern Sea Otter - Sacrificial Lamb
Sunbodi - Arctic Tern - Vanillager
Flushy - Beluga Whale - Vanillager
Elkhart - Arctic Wolf - Tracker
Precious - Emperor Penguin - Lover
cubsrule4e - Rockhopper Penguin - Lover
Mayo - Arctic Cod - designated survivor
Eriyo - Snowy Owl - affiliation seer
GraduschoolusMaximus - Snow Leopard - Converter
Afflac - Fur Seal - Healer
LizLiz - Blue Footed Booby - vanillager
killer - Elephant Seal - Vanillager
wolfie - Puffin - tinkerer
nontradstdnt - narwhal - ability thief
acanthuroidei - sperm whale - Upgrader
Sunshine in a Storm - Disco Polar Bear - Night Canceler
Kras - Ermine - wolf ability seer
WonderingStudent - musk ox - Protector > Vanilla
SirHammer - Walrus - Neighborizer

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy

Table of Contents

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
contingency lynch doktor

Can’t wait to see who the wolves are

@ wolves. Kill someone fast. End the night cycle early. Thank you for listening to my TED talk

• Haha