2009-2010 University of South Dakota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to all of you who have gotten in so far... quick question, at USD is the "alternate list" the same as the waitlist? At another school that I'm waiting on, they have a waitlist and then they have an additional alternate list, with the waitlist being first and those on the alternate list basically blowing in the wind.

got my letter today and I'm #2 on the alternate, so hopefully I will be meeting many of you at the end of summer.

waitlist and alternate list are the same thing. and if it says you're #2 in the letter, you're now #1. i called jill and she told me that i was already #5 even though i was #6 in my letter. so you're in, most definitely! congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

waitlist and alternate list are the same thing. and if it says you're #2 in the letter, you're now #1. i called jill and she told me that i was already #5 even though i was #6 in my letter. so you're in, most definitely! congrats!

Really? I'm not sure that's true. I know the girl who is number one, and I haven't heard anything from her about 100% acceptance. Perhaps someone between you and #1 removed themselves from the running, and that is why you were moved up one? I suppose it doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of difference -- if you're in the top 10, you may as well consider yourself in anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? I'm not sure that's true. I know the girl who is number one, and I haven't heard anything from her about 100% acceptance. Perhaps someone between you and #1 removed themselves from the running, and that is why you were moved up one? I suppose it doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of difference -- if you're in the top 10, you may as well consider yourself in anyway.

Well, that could be a possibility, I suppose. It's just that I called Jill the second I got my letter just to see what the implications of being #6 were, so it would be strange if it was a person between 1 and 6 (because they would have had to call Jill before me and say "I'm going somewhere else") as opposed to a person who had been accepted at one of the other AdCom meetings who said "I'm going somewhere else" while the letters were being printed out. I guess anything's possible. Like you said though, probably doesn't matter in the long run to those in the top 10 (I hope...).

I'll throw my hat in the ring... after contacting Jill, i was up to #1 as of Monday, so I'm not sure why your acquaintance hasn't been contacted. I assume one of the original acceptances got into another school and chose otherwise. For their sake, I hope they're getting a big scholarship or have a nice trust fund, because I wouldn't want to pay back on 60K+ loans for 4 years on a resident's salary. :smuggrin:

I'll throw my hat in the ring... after contacting Jill, i was up to #1 as of Monday, so I'm not sure why your acquaintance hasn't been contacted. I assume one of the original acceptances got into another school and chose otherwise. For their sake, I hope they're getting a big scholarship or have a nice trust fund, because I wouldn't want to pay back on 60K+ loans for 4 years on a resident's salary. :smuggrin:

Let's not be too hasty here. There are many reasons to go to many other schools from location to quality to simply personal choice...depending on what you'd like to go into, $60K/year is totally do-able, even with interest accruing throughout school.

HEY. SOMEBODY POST SOMETHING IN HERE! It's always so depressing coming to SDN only to see no one's posted in 3 weeks. I'm excited for USD...anyone else? Vermillion might be the most boring town I could imagine, but that means there's a bunch of ways to make it better. I plan on doing that. Who wants to join me?

i had a question for anyone who is either familiar with USD or who asked a similar question on their interview day... Do Sanford students get access to on campus services that undergraduates get? (i.e. Gym/pool access, PO box, discounts to sports and events, etc.)

I'm not a big gym-buff, but I would like to stay in reasonable shape and don't really want to pay for a gym membership. Thanks!

GACMak,

Quick answer. Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.