2010-2011 Howard Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God's divine delay taught me that being used by the Lord for his glory in the life of others far outweighs arriving on time.!!!! With that said....
IM GOING TO HOWARD!!! I GOT IN Thank you JESUS!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad.

God's divine delay taught me that being used by the Lord for his glory in the life of others far outweighs arriving on time.!!!! With that said....

YESSSSSSS!!! CONGRATS!!!! I am SOSOOSO happy for you SuperMomMD! Your hard work, perseverance and strong faith are amazing. You definitely deserve this acceptance!!! :)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! Congrats Supermom!!!!! Great News!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
NICE! Congrats althavian! im continuing to hope and pray that i get in. just curious, were you also on the super alternate list? or do you think that's a recent thing they made?

i'm definitely trying to stay as positive as possible, fellow super alternates, let's keep hope alive!

NYBaller! Good luck to you too! Hang in there! :luck::xf:

Supermom!!!! Wow!!! So happy for you! Welcome to c/o 2015!!! Can't wait to meet you!

I'm so happy for you!!!:D Congrats!!!!

im getting maaad nervous. every day after prayers i say an extra one to asking to get in to Howard lol

Hey everyone!

Well, the past couple weeks have been very stressful and exhausting because I have had to decide between Howard and another school. So many factors have come into play: Curriculum, financial aid, and of course student body.

In short, as hard as a decision as it was, I withdrew my acceptance here at Howard. This was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made not just because I love the mission statement of this school; but, also because of how supportive and amazing the student body is here. I can honestly the love and support at this school is what made this decision so hard.

I am a re-applicant myself to medical school and was finally accepted this year. Little did I know how much this process would take out of me. Joining this Howard thread and being accepted into such a supportive network of classmates left a smile on my face because I saw that I was not alone in this process and that the students here at HUCM are just as persevering.

I will continue to pray that everyone on this thread will be blessed with an acceptance, and I hope that my seat goes to someone here! Regardless of what happens or where any of us end up, I ask all of you to continue to be as supportive and as loving as you were to me--because it really did keep me from going crazy.

Mad love for Howard and the rest of you guys. :)

Cali Biochemist

aka

Whatupron

NYBaller22 and MissionEmed23, I just sent you two a message :) please check inbox!

NICE! Congrats althavian! im continuing to hope and pray that i get in. just curious, were you also on the super alternate list? or do you think that's a recent thing they made?

i'm definitely trying to stay as positive as possible, fellow super alternates, let's keep hope alive!

I was just on the "regular" alternate list & this is my first time hearing of a super alternate list. But super should mean that you have a better shot. Good Luck!

CONGRATS Supermom!! You really deserve it!!

I'm still praying I can join everyone this year, and if not this year next :):xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
THANKS EVERYONE!!! Im still praying for those of you still waiting. Be encouraged!

Hey everyone!

Well, the past couple weeks have been very stressful and exhausting because I have had to decide between Howard and another school. So many factors have come into play: Curriculum, financial aid, and of course student body.

In short, as hard as a decision as it was, I withdrew my acceptance here at Howard. This was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made not just because I love the mission statement of this school; but, also because of how supportive and amazing the student body is here. I can honestly the love and support at this school is what made this decision so hard.

I am a re-applicant myself to medical school and was finally accepted this year. Little did I know how much this process would take out of me. Joining this Howard thread and being accepted into such a supportive network of classmates left a smile on my face because I saw that I was not alone in this process and that the students here at HUCM are just as persevering.

I will continue to pray that everyone on this thread will be blessed with an acceptance, and I hope that my seat goes to someone here! Regardless of what happens or where any of us end up, I ask all of you to continue to be as supportive and as loving as you were to me--because it really did keep me from going crazy.

Cali Biochemist

aka

Whatupron

Whatupron!!!
I'm sooooo sad to learn that you won't be joining us in July! You have been a great core member of this thread and your presence in HUCM c/o 2015 will be truly missed. I still can't believe it!! I know it must have been a very difficult decision. I wish you would have joined us. However, I wish you great success and happiness wherever your path leads you.
Wow! Still having a hard time accepting this, bro. Please keep in touch and let us know how med school is!

All the best and more
-Beeweew

Hey everyone!

Cali Biochemist

aka

Whatupron

:lock::lock: Doing my last dance for you :) I wish you the best in everything, I know you'll be a great doctor! Let's keep in touch :)

good luck cali biochemist aka whatupron! that must have been such a difficult decision, as Howard is, like you said, very supportive.

may God help you wherever you are in the future

Hello Everyone,
Just like Cali Biochemist I have declined Howard's admission offer and I hope that my seat finds a suitable and well qualified individual. It was also a hard decision at first because Howard was the school that gave me hope of getting into medical school and really fulfilling my goal of helping an under serve community. I have been accepted to my in-state school that also works with under serve communities and I would like the opportunity to stay at home and make changes here first. I wish everyone luck in their 4 years at Howard and I know that all y'all will be great doctors that will continually even the health disparities in this country. I wish everyone waiting luck and acceptance to programs that fits them. Finally, thank you for all the support everyone has given me on this thread and I love y'all for that.
Sincerely,
DRMangucla

keeping hope alive for getting off the super alternate list and getting accepted. prayed to God after the midday prayer that i get in! also planning on doing the same after the late afternoon prayer.

please keep me in your thoughts and prayers everyone. Good luck to everyone on any kind of alternate list, im praying and hoping we all get in!

Hello Everyone,
Just like Cali Biochemist I have declined Howard's admission offer and I hope that my seat finds a suitable and well qualified individual. It was also a hard decision at first because Howard was the school that gave me hope of getting into medical school and really fulfilling my goal of helping an under serve community. I have been accepted to my in-state school that also works with under serve communities and I would like the opportunity to stay at home and make changes here first. I wish everyone luck in their 4 years at Howard and I know that all y'all will be great doctors that will continually even the health disparities in this country. I wish everyone waiting luck and acceptance to programs that fits them. Finally, thank you for all the support everyone has given me on this thread and I love y'all for that.
Sincerely,
DRMangucla

good luck in med school drmangucla. hope to see you in the future as we both work on tackling the disparity in healthcare

Best of luck to all those waiting!!! Don't forget to send in updates on your app to Ms. Walk! :luck::xf::luck:

keeping hope alive for getting off the super alternate list and getting accepted. prayed to God after the midday prayer that i get in! also planning on doing the same after the late afternoon prayer.

please keep me in your thoughts and prayers everyone. Good luck to everyone on any kind of alternate list, im praying and hoping we all get in!

Hang in there, NYBaller! Sent in prayers for you today! By His grace, it will happen! I have complete faith:luck:

Hello Everyone,
Sincerely,
DRMangucla
Wow! Good luck with medical school! I wish you the best and I hope our career paths will cross in the future. It was great having you as part of the forum. Let us know how things go.:):D

Hey everyone!

Cali Biochemist

aka

Whatupron

All the best Cali Biochemist, it must have been a hard decision!!

Hello Everyone,
Sincerely,
DRMangucla

DRMangucla all the best.

NYballer22, I have prayed for you! HANG IN THERE! Remember Romans 8:28.

thanks missionemed, i appreciate it! im praying to God for you as well!

hope memorial day went well for everyone

on a side note, i had a dream about howard last night, it went like this:

(as strange as this may sound some characters from the 90s show friends were involved)

in my dream, for some reason i called monica (from friends) asking if i had gotten in to howard. she replied by telling me to call phoebe, so i did. phoebe told me that she didnt want to tell me on the phone and i should meet her. i met her and started asking her if i got in, and first she told me that she wasnt phoebe, rather she was ursula, phoebe's sister, but then she told me i got in! i started running around, hugging everyone and going crazy (in my dream), and i was going to tell my mom... but then my actual phone rang (in real life) and i woke up

while it lasted, it was the greatest feeling ever... has anyone else had any kind of dream like this? or perhaps im going crazy?

keeping hope alive... prayers day and night

thanks missionemed, i appreciate it! im praying to God for you as well!

hope memorial day went well for everyone

on a side note, i had a dream about howard last night, it went like this:

(as strange as this may sound some characters from the 90s show friends were involved)

in my dream, for some reason i called monica (from friends) asking if i had gotten in to howard. she replied by telling me to call phoebe, so i did. phoebe told me that she didnt want to tell me on the phone and i should meet her. i met her and started asking her if i got in, and first she told me that she wasnt phoebe, rather she was ursula, phoebe's sister, but then she told me i got in! i started running around, hugging everyone and going crazy (in my dream), and i was going to tell my mom... but then my actual phone rang (in real life) and i woke up

while it lasted, it was the greatest feeling ever... has anyone else had any kind of dream like this? or perhaps im going crazy?

keeping hope alive... prayers day and night

lol nah havent had dreams involving 90s TV sitcoms, but i have been thinking about it nonstop.
I try not to post too much in here bc i think it just reinforces obsessing over something thats realistically out of one's control, but sometimes i can't help but get caught up in it!

I appreciate all the love and support that everyone in this thread gives to one another, i've never really seen it before on one of these sdn forums.

Congrats on those who have recently been accepted, and thanks to those who have withdrawn their application to pursue their education at other places.

I sent ms walk a letter of intent last week updating them on the anatomy grade i received and reiterating my absolute intent to attend.
I forgot to mention that I have a cousin and her husband as well as a 2nd cousin that live less than a mile from Howard Univ. Hospital, and two sets of uncles/aunts that live 20 miles outside the city. I was going to send ms walk an addendum calling attention to these strong family ties to DC. My cousin also just graduated from HUCM and I've talked about how i would love to follow in his footsteps.....this cant hurt can it?

has anyone been successful in reaching Ms walk or anyone in admissions on the phone? i've tried a couple times but never get anything.

lol nah havent had dreams involving 90s TV sitcoms, but i have been thinking about it nonstop.
I try not to post too much in here bc i think it just reinforces obsessing over something thats realistically out of one's control, but sometimes i can't help but get caught up in it!

I appreciate all the love and support that everyone in this thread gives to one another, i've never really seen it before on one of these sdn forums.

Congrats on those who have recently been accepted, and thanks to those who have withdrawn their application to pursue their education at other places.

I sent ms walk a letter of intent last week updating them on the anatomy grade i received and reiterating my absolute intent to attend.
I forgot to mention that I have a cousin and her husband as well as a 2nd cousin that live less than a mile from Howard Univ. Hospital, and two sets of uncles/aunts that live 20 miles outside the city. I was going to send ms walk an addendum calling attention to these strong family ties to DC. My cousin also just graduated from HUCM and I've talked about how i would love to follow in his footsteps.....this cant hurt can it?

has anyone been successful in reaching Ms walk or anyone in admissions on the phone? i've tried a couple times but never get anything.

I think the phones are down due to construction. Email is probably your best bet.

Hey Everyone!!!

Congrats to everyone accepted, and to those still waiting...keep hope alive and keep sending updates!!!:)

I had a question about financial aid...I called today and was told that at this point they are just giving out loans, and wouldn't be going back to the scholarships until later on (but that will depend on the university). How are you guys planning on funding the first year, and do you know if you can get a scholarship after the first year?

Thanks in advance!

OMG I GOT IN!!!!!

thanks everyone for the support and prayers, i am so thankful to everyone who gave advice and kept me in their prayers. i really appreciate it everyone! this community has been tremendous

good luck to everyone still waiting, im keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

OMG I GOT IN!!!!!

thanks everyone for the support and prayers, i am so thankful to everyone who gave advice and kept me in their prayers. i really appreciate it everyone! this community has been tremendous

COngrats nyballer. lol maybe that dream predicted ur admission somehow haha. =D!!!

I NEED A WEIRD DREAM TOO. Please keep me in ur prayers everyone.

OMG I GOT IN!!!!!

Congrats, NYballer!!! Welcome to c/o 2015!!! By the way, if you read back, I had some weird dreams as well. I had an especially interesting one the night before I was invited to interview! So weird! Anyway, Congrats again and happy celebrating! See you in July!

Just wanted to let you guys know that the c/o 2016 aka HUCM 2011-2012 application cycle page is up on sdn. Today is officially the first day of submission through AMCAS! Please lend your support to applicants and especially our re-applicants who were not successful this past cycle. I remember how terrified I was when I was filling out the application last year!! Seems like yesterday.

OMG I GOT IN!!!!!

CONGRATS:thumbup:

2 weeks ago when i checked the c/o 2015 page...only 115 members...as of today 126. could that mean 11 spaces opened up? i really need to stop checking that page

Thank you Beeweew. I'm a reapplicant. I've been following this thread from the beginning, and loving you guys and Howard. Hope to have you as mentors next year.

OMG I GOT IN!!!!!

Congratz!!!! Seee you soon!! :)

Just wanted to let you guys know that the c/o 2016 aka HUCM 2011-2012 application cycle page is up on sdn. Today is officially the first day of submission through AMCAS! Please lend your support to applicants and especially our re-applicants who were not successful this past cycle. I remember how terrified I was when I was filling out the application last year!! Seems like yesterday.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Hey guys congrats on the acceptances thus far! I was wondering about math requirements. Would pre-cal be acceptable? So far I have taken stats and I need another math requirement but the website doesn't give any examples as to which math courses are acceptable.

Congrats to all of those that were accepted recently :D. Cant wait to meet you in July!!!!

To all of those that were unsuccessful thus far, there is still hope. as you can see, HUCM is still accepting ppl... If you are not fortunate to gain acceptance this year PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP!!! Find out what were their reasons for overlooking you and reapply while correcting those issues. If you have any questions what so ever send me a PM.

Good luck and God Bless :)

Hey Beeweew, do you have the Hyperlink to the 2016? I wanna make sure I subscribe :)... Time to get started on my lurking hahaha

2 weeks ago when i checked the c/o 2015 page...only 115 members...as of today 126. could that mean 11 spaces opened up? i really need to stop checking that page

Hey lilmoomoobean, a decent amount of the new ppl added are MS2 students (c/o 2014). Im sure more ppl will be added once they are accepted. Hopefully I will be seeing you on there pretty soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.