2010-2011 Howard Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey lilmoomoobean, a decent amount of the new ppl added are MS2 students (c/o 2014). Im sure more ppl will be added once they are accepted. Hopefully I will be seeing you on there pretty soon :D

Thanks Kaji! Time is getting close and I am just getting nervous....even though I am almost done with next year's apps. Still...cant sleep well at night. Need one of those crazy dreams too! How can one dream if one cant get to sleep. I think nyballer was the same interview date as I was, but then again he is also on the super alternate list...so we are different.

Btw, does anyone one know if howard put everyone they interview on a alternate or superalternate list...? I know they say they dont but...in reality, from past statistics is that how it seems?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Kaji! Time is getting close and I am just getting nervous....even though I am almost done with next year's apps. Still...cant sleep well at night. Need one of those crazy dreams too! How can one dream if one cant get to sleep. I think nyballer was the same interview date as I was, but then again he is also on the super alternate list...so we are different.

Btw, does anyone one know if howard put everyone they interview on a alternate or superalternate list...? I know they say they dont but...in reality, from past statistics is that how it seems?

I hope you get one of those crazy dreams even if it has to be an insomnia-laced daydream lol....

From my understanding the alternate list is fluid. They pull ppl based off of fit and who are really interested in coming to Howard.... have you been calling constantly... If not, maybe thats a way you can get their attention.

Just to let everyone who might be still waiting...
I got word from Ms. Walk that the class is officially full.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to let everyone who might be still waiting...
I got word from Ms. Walk that the class is officially full.
what does that mean? i thought the class was already full thats why ppl were placed on super alternate lists? does that mean there is no going to be no more significant movement?

what does that mean? i thought the class was already full thats why ppl were placed on super alternate lists? does that mean there is no going to be no more significant movement?

I think the class was already full but people dropped out and super alternates were pulled in. The point of superalternate means that you basically are accepted, but no room for you unless someone decides to drop. As for alternates I think it is a little different in that you are not accepted but you are not rejected and they pick you off based of fit...kinda like in limbo (which is where I am at and it sucks)

I wonder if howard ever straight up rejects people they interviewed or they just put you on a super alternate or alternate =(.

Last year people were accepted on the first day of class. My hopes are not that high

I think the class was already full but people dropped out and super alternates were pulled in. The point of superalternate means that you basically are accepted, but no room for you unless someone decides to drop. As for alternates I think it is a little different in that you are not accepted but you are not rejected and they pick you off based of fit...kinda like in limbo (which is where I am at and it sucks)

I wonder if howard ever straight up rejects people they interviewed or they just put you on a super alternate or alternate =(.

Last year people were accepted on the first day of class. My hopes are not that high
this process is too stressful! I'm here in boston, trying to figure out what sort of jobs to apply for, whether or not to sign a new apt lease, making moves on geting LORs, filling out AMCAS, figuring out whether to take the MCAT or not! :-/

I updated howard with my grades, but a regrade in pathology bumped me from an A- to an A which boosted my overall gpa somewhat significantly, so I updated them again right away. I hope i'm not being annoying by bombarding them with so much communication to the point where they blacklist me....I just dont know what else to do! I want to keep doing things myself to show how badly i want to attend, every day i'm praying that people accepted to howard get into a higher choice school of theirs so these lists start seeing more movement! deep down i feel like i'd be a perfect fit at howard, right amongst friends and family and the new family i'd find at howard!

p.s. would howard/ms walk need official transcripts sent right now? I figure they'd request them upon admission or something. I sent her a screenshot of the unofficial and typed out the grades into the email...but im not sure if i should just have the school send them asap as well....problem is that it takes so much time anyways i dont know if its even worth it.

p.s. would howard/ms walk need official transcripts sent right now? I figure they'd request them upon admission or something. I sent her a screenshot of the unofficial and typed out the grades into the email...but im not sure if i should just have the school send them asap as well....problem is that it takes so much time anyways i dont know if its even worth it.

I feel you. I also did the same and then asked her for advice for the next application cycle and she told me she cannot tell me that until the cycle is over...which is potentially 7/26. For some of us, summer is the only time we have time to work on extra curriculars...sigh. I dunno...better safe than sorry to start a new application cycle and spend that couple thousand on ur primaries.

If you have an official one, then you should request to send that to her

what an amazing thread. I gotta say, browsing through everyone's post and seeing them in their roller-coaster of emotions was truly inspiring. God-willing, I'll be able to celebrate an HUCM acceptance this next cycle as some of you did this time around.

Pray for those behind you, too!!!!

Enjoy med school, future doctors!!!!

:)Hello All! Whichever part of the physician road you are on, I pray you have an amazing journey!

Any on the alternate list or super alternate list have heard anything yet from howard ??? it has been quiet...

what an amazing thread. I gotta say, browsing through everyone's post and seeing them in their roller-coaster of emotions was truly inspiring. God-willing, I'll be able to celebrate an HUCM acceptance this next cycle as some of you did this time around.

Pray for those behind you, too!!!!

Enjoy med school, future doctors!!!!

Good Luck MVB :) IF you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask :).... You're going to love it at HUCM :D

Members don't see this ad :)
to all of those that have been accepted recently CONGRATS!!!! and to all those that are newly applying good luck!!! you guys are officially ahead of the curve, if you have started applying already for c/o 2016. I wish you nothing but the best and if you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask.

Good luck and God Bless!!!

@ manonthe moon 115

wow congrats!!!!! may I ask when is the best time for someone to apply for howard. Gl !!!

this process is too stressful! I'm here in boston, trying to figure out what sort of jobs to apply for, whether or not to sign a new apt lease, making moves on geting LORs, filling out AMCAS, figuring out whether to take the MCAT or not! :-/

I updated howard with my grades, but a regrade in pathology bumped me from an A- to an A which boosted my overall gpa somewhat significantly, so I updated them again right away. I hope i'm not being annoying by bombarding them with so much communication to the point where they blacklist me....I just dont know what else to do! I want to keep doing things myself to show how badly i want to attend, every day i'm praying that people accepted to howard get into a higher choice school of theirs so these lists start seeing more movement! deep down i feel like i'd be a perfect fit at howard, right amongst friends and family and the new family i'd find at howard!

This is almost my issue. I am afraid of what to do when it comes to updating my grades. I want to retake courses I got lower than a C on but I want to apply right away. There is an offering for a physics course I want to take that ends may of 2012, so Im nervous of sending an updated grade that late in the game. It would be the only pre-req Id be missing though:confused:

For those of you who have been accepted...do you know when the last day of freshman orientation is?

Congratzzz ManontheMOOON!! :D

Welcome to Class of 2015! See you soon :D

Yay! Just received news of the acceptance. I want to thank everyone on this thread who have been so helpful! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi, Everyone!
Sorry, I've been so MIA. Been traveling and working like crazy the past month. We've finally started orientation, in fact, today is our third day! Nervous but also excited!! Congrats to those last minute acceptances and those of you who weren't able to receive one this year, I hope to see you next year! This is truly a great school with an amazing student body! I wish you all the best and more!!

-Beeweew

Does anyone know who the dean of the admission at Howard is? or someone we can talk to prior to applying?

Thanks

Does anyone know who the dean of the admission at Howard is? or someone we can talk to prior to applying?

Thanks

Hey, in the emails I received it seems like Ms. Walk runs the show in terms of admissions.

P.s. Use the 2011-2012 Howard thread in the future ;) because it's more active. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.