2012-2013 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any evidence from last year of waitlist moving BEFORE may 15th?

Some offers have already been made if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Members don't see this ad.

Still holding on for Pritzker too. But it's tough. Very tough. I fall more and more in love with my other top choice every day that passes.

hoping that they keep handing out acceptances til may 15th. any advice nicknaylor? ive written several letters post interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepeted from the continued list. Absolutely ecstatic. This was the first phone call I'd received and I think I just babbled like an idiot for about five minutes.

Dr. Montag did mention that they were more conservative with initial offers this year and it sounded like they were anticipating some more movement soon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting!

Just accepeted from the continued list. Absolutely ecstatic. This was the first phone call I'd received and I think I just babbled like an idiot for about five minutes.

Dr. Montag did mention that they were more conservative with initial offers this year and it sounded like they were anticipating some more movement soon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting!

Congratulations!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the update! The wait is killing me! :scared:

Congrats!

Congratulations!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Accepted from continued list as well!!!!!
Do we get Pritzker scrub tops now? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Made the decision this weekend... I'll be withdrawing all of my other acceptances this week and heading out to Chicago this summer! Can't wait!

Thanks Nick! Have you taken the boards Yet??? If so, how were they???

Yup, took them not this past Friday but the one before. It was... a good time. :naughty: I think it's stressful no matter who you are. I'm just glad they're done and am soaking up my vacation time before MS3!

If we're on the waitlist, how soon should we here if there's any movement? This Wednesday? A week? Anyone know?

If we're on the waitlist, how soon should we here if there's any movement? This Wednesday? A week? Anyone know?

No idea, but they are getting through it. I know that offers have been made, so it all depends on how many people accept those offers and how many people continue to withdraw due to committing to other schools. There's not really a way to say unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Made the decision this weekend... I'll be withdrawing all of my other acceptances this week and heading out to Chicago this summer! Can't wait!

Do we need to send in some kind of additional confirmation that we plan to matriculate now that it's May 15th? I've already sent in the Acceptance Response form that came with the acceptance packet

May 15th! Here's hoping us Continued applicants hear some good news within the next week!

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully it would go to one of you in the waiting. Good luck!

Hey SDNers, there's definitely continued list movement going on now - I got the call from Charles Todd yesterday!

The advice I have is to be persistent, show them you're really dedicated to Pritzker, and be professional about it! Worked for me, hopefully it works for some of you also! Best of luck to all of you!

Hey SDNers, there's definitely continued list movement going on now - I got the call from Charles Todd yesterday!

The advice I have is to be persistent, show them you're really dedicated to Pritzker, and be professional about it! Worked for me, hopefully it works for some of you also! Best of luck to all of you!
That's awesome, congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by persistent? I always hear this advice for waitlisters, but after sending an update/LOI I don't know what else to say or do without being redundant.

I just withdrew my acceptance here and it was one of the most difficult things that I have had to do. This is truly a fantastic school and program. It was awesome meeting some of you at second look. Congratulations! I hope that we can remain friends. Good luck to all those who are continued! :)

I just withdrew my acceptance here and it was one of the most difficult things that I have had to do. This is truly a fantastic school and program. It was awesome meeting some of you at second look. Congratulations! I hope that we can remain friends. Good luck to all those who are continued! :)

I'm sure it was a tough choice, but having read your other thread it's the one that I would have made, too. Good luck at UCLA!

That's awesome, congrats!!

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by persistent? I always hear this advice for waitlisters, but after sending an update/LOI I don't know what else to say or do without being redundant.

I sent one letter of interest after I got my continued letter and was etting ready to send another (about a month later, early May) before I got the call. I think they really appreciate applicants expressing their interest, but at this point it may just be a matter of waiting.

I heard that Pritzker decides the waitlist on May 15, and I wanted to know if they send out letters to inform people that they are still being considered or emails, status updates? And has anyone received them yet? thanks!

I sent one letter of interest after I got my continued letter and was etting ready to send another (about a month later, early May) before I got the call. I think they really appreciate applicants expressing their interest, but at this point it may just be a matter of waiting.

I'll agree with this to an extent. I kept them constantly updated with any new updates to my application via letters (of course, don't send small insignificant updates). I think what worked best was showing them that I was interested in making my application stronger through significant advancements in my work. Simply sending "I'm still interested" letters don't seem to do too much, but I can't be sure.

Hey guys, I have a question about financial aid that maybe some current students can answer. I recently received my aid package from Pritzker (and it's really good!). How binding are the confirmation form and master promissory note? I ask because I'm still on the waitlist for other schools and don't want to get stuck if for some reason I end up switching schools.

Hey guys, I have a question about financial aid that maybe some current students can answer. I recently received my aid package from Pritzker (and it's really good!). How binding are the confirmation form and master promissory note? I ask because I'm still on the waitlist for other schools and don't want to get stuck if for some reason I end up switching schools.

The MPN is a standard form that you will sign everywhere if you're getting federal aid. That's not going to be a problem. As far as the confirmation goes, I'm not all that sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Nothing here to report!

As much as I'm hoping to hear, I'm not exactly holding my breath for good news.

I just withdrew my acceptance today. It was an extremely tough decision, but hopefully one of you guys still in the waiting will get some good news soon!

To give hope to those still on the continued list - I was pulled off of it about 2 weeks ago. I ended up withdrawing, but there is hope for people that have been continued.

If it's pertinent to your situation, I interviewed very early in the cycle and sent many letters of interest and updates. Hope this helps and best of luck to everyone going to Pritzker next year!

Any movement on the waitlist? I'm still waiting to hear from Pritzker, my first choice school. :luck:

Any movement on the waitlist? I'm still waiting to hear from Pritzker, my first choice school. :luck:

At this point my suggestion would be to call the school directly and ask to speak with Dr. Todd. My guess is that very little movement will be happening at this point since classes will be starting in less than a month, but you never know. You can't go wrong talking with the office though - if nothing else it shows that you're still interested.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.