2013-2014 Albert Einstein Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone post or PM me the Email address for the housing department? I'm out of town and left the forms with the address at home.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone post or PM me the Email address for the housing department? I'm out of town and left the forms with the address at home.
I didn't see the email address anywhere on the forms, but if it helps, their phone number is 718-430-3552.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received a 80k (20k/year) service and research scholarship today!! I freaking love this school so much. I just turned down NYU today. Einstein here I come! I'll see you all in the biochem class.

Accepted in March.

Reactions: 2 users
Received a 80k (20k/year) service and research scholarship today!! I freaking love this school so much. I just turned down NYU today. Einstein here I come! I'll see you all in the biochem class.

Accepted in March.
Congrats! So just to get this straight- 20 min ago you posted on NYU forum that you're still debating between the schools, then within 5 min you made a decision, turned down the school and came to Einstein forum to post here 15 minutes ago? Things are surely happening in rapid succession for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry but I don't know how exactly they decide how much to give those that get the scholarship!
Do you know the chances of someone on the waiting list receiving the scholarship?

I know you don't know exact chances but can you recall a classmate or two who've been pulled off the list AND received the scholarship?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Congrats! So just to get this straight- 20 min ago you posted on NYU forum that you're still debating between the schools, then within 5 min you made a decision, turned down the school and came to Einstein forum to post here 15 minutes ago? Things are surely happening in rapid succession for you.

I don't know if you're mocking me or not hahaha.
It was quite a day for me! Literally heard back within minutes.

Has anyone received anything about making a student account (email address, school ID,...) yet, or did I just miss something? My friends going to other medical schools have already made theirs, but I don't recall receiving any information about that yet..

You get all that during the week of orientation, no worries!

Is it sad that I can't wait to get all these things?? I don't want people to think I'm a gunner - I'm really a very chilled out guy- I'm just so super excited to start already. :nod:

I guess I'm okay with getting all that important information during orientation. The only thing is we need to pay our tuition before then, and I have no idea how..

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'm okay with getting all that important information during orientation. The only thing is we need to pay our tuition before then, and I have no idea how..
Is it just me or do they make you feel idiotic if/when you call them to ask financial aid question?

Just a heads up to people waiting for their financial aid packages - remember to check your spam folder lol

Does anyone know when our health insurance coverage through Einstein would start? If not, does anyone know who I can contact to find out? Thanks!

Do you know the chances of someone on the waiting list receiving the scholarship?

I know you don't know exact chances but can you recall a classmate or two who've been pulled off the list AND received the scholarship?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Hello, I was accepted off HPWL today. I interviewed 3/26. Got waitlisted in April or May I guess. I received an email last week asking if I was still interested since I had already accepted at Downstate. I replied promptly to both the first wait listed email and the still interested email with yes, Einstein is my first choice. I didn't send in any other materials. I completed the research and service application TODAY and received an email 33 MINUTES LATER granting me 10k/year for the scholarship. So yes, you still do have a chance of getting the scholarship if you're accepted off the waitlist.

Also, I've only gotten one reply back from financial aid office and while he/she was prompt, he/she did not sound nice (no one but me can make me feel like an idiot).

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed Einstein about financial packages because I didn't make the deadline for CSS and that stuff :( The person who emailed me back (different from the other time) was very clear and answered all my questions with no hint of attitude or whatever. In case any of you were wondering, they have expended all their need-based grants/loans. So if you're like me and didn't know all that stuff was due in May, then we're stuck with the federal loans this year.

Is there a limit on the number of people (family, friends,...) we can invite to the White Coat Ceremony? If so, how many can we bring/do they need tickets?
In past years, each student was given 4 tickets - 2 tickets to the main auditorium where the ceremony is held, and 2 more tickets to a secondary auditorium next door where the ceremony is live streamed. Then everyone comes together afterwards for a nice outdoor buffet reception.

I'm not sure if the 4 ticket thing is still being used this year, but in previous years students that needed an extra etc often got from classmates who didn't need all of theirs. Also, I think extra family etc can join for the reception after.

I emailed Einstein about financial packages because I didn't make the deadline for CSS and that stuff :( The person who emailed me back (different from the other time) was very clear and answered all my questions with no hint of attitude or whatever. In case any of you were wondering, they have expended all their need-based grants/loans. So if you're like me and didn't know all that stuff was due in May, then we're stuck with the federal loans this year.

I wouldn't get too upset about not meeting the deadline. I know of only one person who got anything need based, and it was one of the loans.

Getting the scholarship is a big deal though, so congrats!!

I got my housing assignment a few days ago! Anyone else?

I got an email from Dean Kerrigan yesterday asking if I was still interested. Does that mean I'll get an acceptance? (I'm on the HPWL)

I got an email from Dean Kerrigan yesterday asking if I was still interested. Does that mean I'll get an acceptance? (I'm on the HPWL)
This is usually a guarantee of an acceptance within a few days, assuming you respond affirmatively. I on the other hand was accepted off the HPWL without receiving such an email, but I had previously expressed interest via other means. Congrats!

This is usually a guarantee of an acceptance within a few days, assuming you respond affirmatively. I on the other hand was accepted off the HPWL without receiving such an email, but I had previously expressed interest via other means. Congrats!

I got put on the HPWL since 1/17, and I've been sending the school updates monthly. Hope that acceptance comes asap!

@Frankdur join us at Einstein! We are a lively bunch of kids this year based on all the activity on the FB group page. Everyone is excited to start and work together!

Anyways, yes if you are interested and respond with an affirmative yes and explain why, you will most likely be offered a position. Choose well!

I recently got accepted off the HPWL after responding to the "interest" email.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we were supposed to fill out the CSS even if we were not accepted but on the HPWL?

Received the community and research scholarship yesterday for 10k/yr. Don't know if it's related to the fact that I got off another wait list yesterday since the email from Einstein came in less than a hour after I got the phone call from the other school.

Will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance here though. Still, good to know that they do have funds available for the community and research scholarship. Good luck to everyone else on the wait list!

Received the community and research scholarship yesterday for 10k/yr. Don't know if it's related to the fact that I got off another wait list yesterday since the email from Einstein came in less than a hour after I got the phone call from the other school.

Will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance here though. Still, good to know that they do have funds available for the community and research scholarship. Good luck to everyone else on the wait list!

Thanks for the info and congrats on your other acceptance :)

Edit: I hope the scholarships aren't wholly dependent on receiving on offer from another school ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and congrats on your other acceptance :)

Edit: I hope the scholarships aren't wholly dependent on receiving on offer from another school ;)
Yeah it's really does seem like it's all based on whether you got an offer from another school, particularly one that's higher ranked. Stinks for me but I understand...

Yeah it's really does seem like it's all based on whether you got an offer from another school, particularly one that's higher ranked. Stinks for me but I understand...

As someone who got a scholarship and who was accepted off the wait list I can say this is not the case. I didn't receive the scholarship till a month after my acceptance, but I had not been accepted to any other schools since my acceptance and was asked if I would attend Einstein over my other acceptances while on the waitlist.

As someone who got a scholarship and who was accepted off the wait list I can say this is not the case. I didn't receive the scholarship till a month after my acceptance, but I had not been accepted to any other schools since my acceptance and was asked if I would attend Einstein over my other acceptances while on the waitlist.
Sorry I'm a bit confused - were you holding any other acceptances when they offered you the scholarship?

And obviously I wasn't saying you must be holding a spot at a higher ranked school to get the scholarship, I was just saying that it seemed that the majority of people who I have heard got it were accepted to a higher school. I'm sure they're giving it out based on a number of criteria, and that's probably one of the more important ones, I would think. Many schools use scholarships as a recruiting tool, even though they call this one "service and research."

does anyone know if/when we get an orientation schedule?

Sorry I'm a bit confused - were you holding any other acceptances when they offered you the scholarship?

And obviously I wasn't saying you must be holding a spot at a higher ranked school to get the scholarship, I was just saying that it seemed that the majority of people who I have heard got it were accepted to a higher school. I'm sure they're giving it out based on a number of criteria, and that's probably one of the more important ones, I would think. Many schools use scholarships as a recruiting tool, even though they call this one "service and research."

No I had withdrawn my other acceptances when I received the scholarship.

So it's been over a week, still no acceptance, and I have to sign a lease at the end of this week :c

So it's been over a week, still no acceptance, and I have to sign a lease at the end of this week :c

I would maybe consider emailing admissions and telling them that straight out - that you are still extremely interested in the school and it's your first choice, but that you need to sign a lease for a different place extremely soon and would like to know if there is any chance of acceptance to Einstein etc...

Does anyone know if Einstein offers additional scholarships based upon yearly academic performance?

@Frankdur join us at Einstein! We are a lively bunch of kids this year based on all the activity on the FB group page. Everyone is excited to start and work together!

Anyways, yes if you are interested and respond with an affirmative yes and explain why, you will most likely be offered a position. Choose well!
How do I join the facebook group?!

try searching for Albert Einstein Class of 2018 on FB, you should see it and request to join in.

So even though I got that email from Dean Kerrigan asking me if I was still interested (about a month ago), I was informed I would not be getting a spot, so much for that.