2013-2014 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today! Submit Secondary 7-2.

Available Interview Dates: Sept 9th/16th/17th/23rd/24th & Oct. 1st

Interview invite today! Submit Secondary 7-2.

Available Interview Dates: Sept 9th/16th/17th/23rd/24th & Oct. 1st

Congrats! That's a lot of slots. I bet we'll see the interview invites really pick up soon.

Just scheduled my interview!!! I'm so excited about SLU!

Any advice from current students on the interview process?

Can any current SLU students give any input on where the majority of their class lives in Saint Louis? I don't know the area very well, but just wanted a general idea (gives us something to talk about at least :D ).

II just now!! Looking forward to round 2. :)

C: 7/19

Anyone else get a SLU med school brochure in the mail? I got one today, it just outlines the school and the program. I'm sure it probably doesn't mean anything as I haven't gotten an II yet, but that just seems cruel to pump up their program if I have a rejection on the way...

Anyone else get a SLU med school brochure in the mail? I got one today, it just outlines the school and the program. I'm sure it probably doesn't mean anything as I haven't gotten an II yet, but that just seems cruel to pump up their program if I have a rejection on the way...

I got one too yesterday and laughed. I could care less about their brochure just give me an interview :D

Yep I got a brochure as well. Not looking at it until I get an interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today too! Complete 8/10.

Only Oct 7-8 and Oct 14-15 are available as interview days. Does anyone else see red shaded squares on the calendar? Are those the days that have already been filled?

Congrats! The IIs seem to be trickling out of SLU after that first glut.

Mind sharing your stats?

Thanks!!

4.0 / 33

I would rate my EC's as slightly lower than the average SDN gunner. But, I feel what I do have is significant.

Received an II today too.. haven't had a chance to schedule it though! OOS complete 7/11

Thank you my fellow SDNers who shared your stats and congrats on your interview.
I have 3.9 GPA and 35 MCAT, complete July 3rd, decent clinical, tons of research. And NO interviews. SLU is my top choice.
I am so frustrated and thinking about quitting all together.
Any advice is appreciated. Is this process just random, like drawing a lotto? I do not mean to offend any one. You guys are all excellent students. I Am just so frustrated and wold like some advice, emotional help

Thank you my fellow SDNers who shared your stats and congrats on your interview.
I have 3.9 GPA and 35 MCAT, complete July 3rd, decent clinical, tons of research. And NO interviews. SLU is my top choice.
Any advice is appreciated. Is this process just random, like drawing a lotto? I do not mean to offend any one. You guys are all excellent students. I Am just so frustrated and wold like some advice, emotional help

Advice: Do not look at this site if it seems to accentuate the stress of the application cycle. You are going to go crazy trying to make sense of the process.

Seriously, I think the first step to making you feel better would be to get out of the fishbowl that is SDN.

Hey, do not worry! (easier said than done, huh? :D) People receive invites throughout the season and someone's timeline is just one example, that cannot be applied to anyone else except that person. The best thing you can do for yourself is just relax and not stress out about this, there is no reason to worry at this time in the cycle. Consider it as a training in endurance which you will need a ton of as a med student, resident, doctor :). Best of luck to you, and congrats on your impressive academic achievement :).

Please don't give up! You will not be very happy with yourself later on down the road if you do. Like others have said, it is different for everyone. Have you applied to enough schools? Have you been putting a lot of effort into your secondary apps? Do you have a good variety of schools? For me, my IIs so far have been from schools that have lower averages than my stats. I suggest you get off SDN so it doesn't make you sad!

September is often quoted on SDN as the big month for interview invitations going out; don't give up hope!

Thanks for all the kind words. I hope I can apply to 10 schools but with a spouse and 2 babies, it is hard. My spouse is working and has a stable job here. We can not relocate and I am sticking in the st Louis area. Slu and washu are my only options, so sad. I can not even dream of washu so slu is my only school.
Yeah I know you guys might think med school is not for me, I begin to think so myself. I married and had kids early, not knowing I would one day want to go to med school. But I have a little beautiful family and two cutest little babies.
Just sad is all.

II here as well! I also only saw three dates available. Does anyone know if there is a major difference from interviewing at the different locations?
Also I was complete 7/7.

II here as well! I also only saw three dates available. Does anyone know if there is a major difference from interviewing at the different locations?
Also I was complete 7/7.

Same. I was complete 8/1. Anyone know when they add more dates? I have 2 other interviews the same week as 2 of the available dates.

So, does SLU only do Monday/Tuesday interviews? Those are the only dates I'm seeing on this thread. I really am hoping the schools I applied to do Friday interviews. That makes the most sense to me. I have to travel and such. Do most schools do Friday interviews? Ah. I'm freaking out now. :(

So, does SLU only do Monday/Tuesday interviews? Those are the only dates I'm seeing on this thread. I really am hoping the schools I applied to do Friday interviews. That makes the most sense to me. I have to travel and such. Do most schools do Friday interviews? Ah. I'm freaking out now. :(

In the II email, they said they only do interviews on Monday and Tuesday. I prefer Friday interviews too but you can't always get them. Of the 5 schools that have offered me interviews, only 2 offer Fridays.

I got an ii on 8/30. Will probably schedule it on 10/8. Does anyone know when the morning/afternoon interview sessions begin and end?

Did you guys get an e-mail notifying you of your 'complete' status? Also, if you are complete or have been reviewed, does your status on SLU's website say anything different?

I submitted my secondary on 7/26 and my current status says:
"The Committee on Admissions will review your application and notify you when a decision is made. "

I wonder if that's the status for everyone or just for those who have not been reviewed yet...

Does anyone know the format of the interview? How many interviws/ interviewers are there? Is it a standard interview or mmi? Does the admissions committee have your entire application in front of them or only the secondary?

Thanks!

I got an ii on 8/30. Will probably schedule it on 10/8. Does anyone know when the morning/afternoon interview sessions begin and end?

The lunch is at 11 and the tour is at 12, and then I think the time of the actual interview is different for each person.

For those who were waiting for more times to open up.. I just checked this morning and they put up new times! I'll be there 10/21.

II finally! Complete around 7/9. It looks like there are plenty of open dates.

Just waiting for one of my LOR writers to get his letter in so ill be complete. Ugh.

1. Anyone know what time interview days end?
2. Is the shuttle from airport free?
3. How do I know if my interview is at the med school or st mary or anheiser busch.

3. How do I know if my interview is at the med school or st mary or anheiser busch.

1. This depends on what time your interview is; if it's in the morning your day will be over after lunch (around 1), but you could have an afternoon interview. They will schedule your interview a few days after you pick a date and email you, so you can look at your schedule.

2. Not sure about the shuttle, but if it isn't free the Metrolink is cheap and pretty easy to navigate, you can take the red line from the airport to Grand and then the med school is down the street, just a ten minute walk

3. Not sure about this either, but I assume they will let you know the same time they schedule your interview.

3. You get to choose which location you want when picking the interview on the calendar. You choose a location from the dates available on the calendar.

3. You get to choose which location you want when picking the interview on the calendar. You choose a location from the dates available on the calendar.

Hold on, what? I never did that :eek:

My interview's set for 9/16. If the bottom of my page says to arrive at the Learning Resources Center before my first activity, should I just assume my interview's at the med school then? Or do they display that for everyone because that's where the campus tour starts?

Hold on, what? I never did that :eek:

My interview's set for 9/16. If the bottom of my page says to arrive at the Learning Resources Center before my first activity, should I just assume my interview's at the med school then? Or do they display that for everyone because that's where the campus tour starts?

I noticed that they have different locations available because I was trying to schedule my interview at the main campus on a certain date. After about 8 hours, that option disappeared; only the eye center was left for that day.

If you don't remember choosing a location, it's probably at the med school. You could just call to make sure (the person I called was very helpful and nice).

Does SLU send an e-mail when you're complete? Got a II from another school but still not complete here yet?

Does SLU send an e-mail when you're complete? Got a II from another school but still not complete here yet?

The online application tells you when you are complete. I received an email inviting me to complete the secondary, an email confirming my application fee payment, and an email inviting me to interview.

Does the status page on the website every say "your application has been reviewed...." or along the same line if the committee has reviewed your application?

My status has been "The Committee on Admissions will review your application and notify you when a decision is made" since forever, and I'm not sure if they just haven't reviewed my application or I've been passed over. Frustrating..!

The online application tells you when you are complete. I received an email inviting me to complete the secondary, an email confirming my application fee payment, and an email inviting me to interview.

Thanks for the response. I see it now...must've just happened