2014-2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
More nervous about transportation and getting to the school tomorrow than I am about the actually interview... Hmmmm

Members don't see this ad.

More nervous about transportation and getting to the school tomorrow than I am about the actually interview... Hmmmm
LOL I was exact same way... It was my first time in NYC ... took air train to Jamaica station then E to Lexington then grand central Harlem train to bronxville and taxi to hotel... Wasn't even bad. I even got out at Lexington and walked down thru Times Square.. Hope I get to go back again!

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL I was exact same way... It was my first time in NYC ... took air train to Jamaica station then E to Lexington then grand central Harlem train to bronxville and taxi to hotel... Wasn't even bad. I even got out at Lexington and walked down thru Times Square.. Hope I get to go back again!

It was a bit overwhelming for me too! I'd recommend giving yourself a good buffer in getting to/from the airport to allow for traffic, delays, etc. Not sure if you're going through JFK, but here's a good option.

Like amad01, I took
1. the airtran to jamaica
2. then the E to manhattan

3. after that though I caught the bmx10 along madison which will drop you off right in front of the admissions building and the student apartments at einstein (the eastchester stop). Here's the schedule for the bmx10: http://web.mta.info/busco/schedules/bxm10cur.pdf

You can essentially reverse those steps to get back to JFK. The admissions staff is also super sweet and helpful in helping interviewees make travel arrangements! Good luck and enjoy.

It was a bit overwhelming for me too! I'd recommend giving yourself a good buffer in getting to/from the airport to allow for traffic, delays, etc. Not sure if you're going through JFK, but here's a good option.

Like amad01, I took
1. the airtran to jamaica
2. then the E to manhattan

3. after that though I caught the bmx10 along madison which will drop you off right in front of the admissions building and the student apartments at einstein (the eastchester stop). Here's the schedule for the bmx10: http://web.mta.info/busco/schedules/bxm10cur.pdf

You can essentially reverse those steps to get back to JFK. The admissions staff is also super sweet and helpful in helping interviewees make travel arrangements! Good luck and enjoy.

From LGA:

Take the Morningside heights bound M60, get off at 125 st and 2 Ave.
Walk over to 120 st and 3 ave, take the bronx bound bmx10, follow step 3 above.

Waiting and hoping. Good Luck to every one already interviewing.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my II just now! Really surprised since I only just got an email a few weeks ago saying I was complete even though I submitted my app in August.

Reactions: 1 user
II. Doing it on Friday, feb 13th.

Submitted secondary mid august, complete email sept 16.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview invite! I'm shocked because I have been complete since July and I sent an in the area e-mail back in October. Since they make their first acceptances in February, does anyone know if chances are still good for February interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
So this school has me puzzled, they just gave IIs to people who completed months apart from each other. I am so anxious.

May God help me not over eat. Amen

Reactions: 5 users
II today as well. Submitted: Late August. Complete Email: Late October. No updates sent.
LizzyM: 68-73. IS.

Dates available were 2nd week of february to 2nd week of march.

Reactions: 6 users
just withdrew my interview invite for feb 3rd. honored to have received an invite but was just accepted to one of my top schools. hopefully the invite goes to one of you on here.

Reactions: 2 users
if I'm interviewing in late January, does that mean I won't have the chance to be a part of the first round of acceptances? I'd assume so. really wish I could move the day up

EDIT: this is because I've heard the first acceptances are supposed to go out in February? If this is incorrect I apologize

Last edited:
if I'm interviewing in late January, does that mean I won't have the chance to be a part of the first round of acceptances? I'd assume so. really wish I could move the day up

EDIT: this is because I've heard the first acceptances are supposed to go out in February? If this is incorrect I apologize

On MSAR, it says February 1st. I'm going to check last year's thread and see how many people who had interviews close to first round of acceptances got accepted.

So, most of the straight up acceptances last year came on Jan 15th. Rejections on Jan 16th.

After that, most of the acceptances were from those on the High Priority Wait-list.

So, most of the straight up acceptances last year came on Jan 15th. Rejections on Jan 16th.

After that, most of the acceptances were from those on the High Priority Wait-list.

well that's extremely disappointing. so much for February? I guess later interviews are at a big disadvantage.

well that's extremely disappointing. so much for February? I guess later interviews are at a big disadvantage.
Dude, you got an interview at Einstein and it's not even January. With all due respect, shut up. There are thousands of people that would kill to be in your place. If the school likes you, they'll take you.

Reactions: 6 users
Dude, you got an interview at Einstein and it's not even January. With all due respect, shut up. There are thousands of people that would kill to be in your place. If the school likes you, they'll take you.

don't get me wrong, I'm extremely EXTREMELY grateful to be in the position I'm in, obviously. Einstein is my dream school and I'd just like to get a sense of my chances, though I can certainly understand and respect your point.

and prefacing "shut up" with "with all due respect" doesn't really make it any less disrespectful. just throwing that out there, but thanks for snapping me out of the psychotic SDN neuroticism haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
One thing I would say is this process is consistent in its randomness. A lot of people say Einstein's interview is very laid back and so many feel they did well but get wait-listed or rejected because it's still so competitive. Assuming, Einstein gives out 3x as many acceptances as seats, there's a ~40% accept rate, which is okay I guess..

One thing I would say is this process is consistent in its randomness. A lot of people say Einstein's interview is very laid back and so many feel they did well but get wait-listed or rejected because it's still so competitive. Assuming, Einstein gives out 3x as many acceptances as seats, there's a ~40% accept rate, which is okay I guess..
don't get me wrong, I'm extremely EXTREMELY grateful to be in the position I'm in, obviously. Einstein is my dream school and I'd just like to get a sense of my chances, though I can certainly understand and respect your point.

and prefacing "shut up" with "with all due respect" doesn't really make it any less disrespectful. just throwing that out there, but thanks for snapping me out of the psychotic SDN neuroticism haha
On MSAR, it says February 1st. I'm going to check last year's thread and see how many people who had interviews close to first round of acceptances got accepted.
They accept about 33% of interviewees.

They pushed it back this year at least for now. However someone told me that their interviewer said they would try to move it up a bit.

They accept about 33% of interviewees.

They pushed it back this year at least for now. However someone told me that their interviewer said they would try to move it up a bit.

thank you for the clarification. good info to know.

So can someone please clarify - are acceptances coming out Jan 15 or Feb 1st?

Feb 1st unless they decide they can expedite it.

Did they say this at interview day or are you just going off the msar? Feb 1 will give them a pretty small window till April 30 to get all the business done lets hope they expedite!

Did they say this at interview day or are you just going off the msar? Feb 1 will give them a pretty small window till April 30 to get all the business done lets hope they expedite!
They actually said it. But they also said they would try to release earlier if possible.

I hope so! Can't wait to hear back. After finishing my last interview of the season last week I can definitely say Einstein is my top choice.
amongst my top choices as well... hoping for good news. A little bit of $ from the research/volunteer scholarship would really seal the deal :cool::happy:

I'm reporting a little late, I interviewed on 12/2.
I was actually super impressed by Einstein and their medical centers, their curriculum, and so many opportunities for research, including abroad! MS I and II students who showed up for lunch and tour were also super nice, really relaxed, and I loved their overall chill atmosphere, unlike some other places I went for an interview. Their student apartment is really nice too, and really cheap, like 2 bed apartment was like 500 including rent, utilities, and internet (!!!).

The interview was really easy going, but it was too easy going to the point where I felt like something was off or something, if that makes any sense. The interviewer and I talked about my general interests/hobbies, gap year activities and general questions/info about Einstein and Bronx population. My interview lasted like 35-40 minutes, which was my shortest interview ever! Again, not sure if that was good or bad.

In any case, I would love to get a good news from Einstein in coming months! Fingers crossed!

Any II here lately? Really hoping to hear from them soon.

Is Einstein receptive to letters of interest pre-interview?

II 45 minutes ago!!!!! The weeks of March 9 and March 16 were the only ones left.

Well, guess their interview slots are all but filled up! Blah.

Well, guess their interview slots are all but filled up! Blah.

Where did you hear this, was it published on their website or social media?

EDIT - nevermind, maybe I shouldn't read so fast... or go to bed, haha. Let's hope that we might get our hands on some of the spots that remain!!

Been complete since early August and still no II or rejection...

Received an II today and I'm still swooning. Though I'm currently extremely upset with myself because I can't for the life of me remember my secondary username! I've literally tried every username I've used since elementary school. Can someone please shed some light on where this name is displayed.

I've emailed them to try to reset it but god I feel like an idiot.

Received an II today and I'm still swooning. Though I'm currently extremely upset with myself because I can't for the life of me remember my secondary username! I've literally tried every username I've used since elementary school. Can someone please shed some light on where this name is displayed.

I had to the same problem -- try your email address as your username!

What I did is I went back to the secondary email and clicked on the secondary link. My browser saved my username and password. I saw my username was my email and since I have a universal password I was able to log in from there.

Mine was my email as well

I had to the same problem -- try your email address as your username!

What I did is I went back to the secondary email and clicked on the secondary link. My browser saved my username and password. I saw my username was my email and since I have a universal password I was able to log in from there.

Mine was my email as well

Thank you all so much. Somehow my email now works as the username (I swear I tried it twenty times yesterday, lol). Scheduled for lucky Friday the 13th!