2014-2015 Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected MSTP, complete 9/8

I have one II from Mt. Sinai and I get rejected from Albert Einstein? I'm ok with that, but that just confirms for me that this process makes no sense.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Rejected MSTP, complete 7/23. This was my top top top choice, so this is one rejection that's especially tough, but there'll be plenty more knocks to take in this business. Wishing others better luck this time around!

And @pluto101, Mt. Sinai but not Einstein!!? It really is a crapshoot, isn't it? In the best way possible: When I saw your post, I felt like I was in good company, and that eased the sting.

Hey guys sorry about the unfortunate news :( I received my complete email 7/29 but have not heard anything yet. I am also expecting a rejection anytime now...

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted secondary 8/29 and this is the only school I'm waiting for a darn COMPLETE e-mail. Wth?!

Reactions: 1 user
Just interviewed here, it was a great experience! The interview is very laid back and conversational. If you can definitely ask your guide if you can go to a lecture with them. I was really impressed overall and Einstein definitely has moved to the top of my list out of the schools I have interviewed at so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview confirmation email... Off campus interview.. Says $80 for taxi from JFK ? This gonna be over $200 in taxis.. No school shuttles?

Just got an interview confirmation email... Off campus interview.. Says $80 for taxi from JFK ? This gonna be over $200 in taxis.. No school shuttles?
Public transport took me everywhere I needed round trip for <$10

Reactions: 2 users
Public transport took me everywhere I needed round trip for <$10
I'm gonna try and plan it out tonight.. Any tips of your trip would be appreciated.

Also, can anyone recommend a hotel by the school? Preferably with a shuttle service ...

I'm gonna try and plan it out tonight.. Any tips of your trip would be appreciated.

Also, can anyone recommend a hotel by the school? Preferably with a shuttle service ...
Just buy a MetroCard. There is a stop right in front of the school. I took the subway from Manhattan up to the Bronx. Super simple!

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone is interviewing during the week of Nov 10th and wants to share a hotel room, please message me. Thanks!

Hi guys, does anyone know if Einstein takes update letters?

Reactions: 4 users
Finally got the complete email today. Submitted secondary 8/26.

If you're looking to save some $$$ you may want to consider getting put up w a student host. Don't feel like you're imposing - students volunteer to do it and they actually get paid $15 each time they do. Also it's a great way to find out more about the school in a more relaxed setting.

Members don't see this ad :)
56 days later...
Einstein: Your application to Einstein is complete!
Me: I Love You Too! :love:

Reactions: 5 users
anybody stay at the ramada yonkers?

Is anybody flying through JFK today wanna split a cab?

They shot out a ton of IIs early on and nothing since.

Loving the silence.
II 10/8 no spots open until Jan 9. Sub-30 MCAT (after re-take)...someone was asking. Reapplicant, non-trad, 7/10/11.

II 10/8 no spots open until Jan 9. Sub-30 MCAT (after re-take)...someone was asking. Reapplicant, non-trad, 7/10/11.

Wow Congrats! If you don't mind saying when were you complete by?

Do they review in order of completion? Complete mid-september.

FYI, I received an II last week (complete mid August) and there were plenty of open dates in December still.

deleted *

Last edited:
56 days later...
Einstein: Your application to Einstein is complete!
Me: I Love You Too! :love:

I'm still waiting for mine! Did you receive an email or was it an update on the portal? Thanks.

Edit: Never mind! Just received the complete email! Whoo hoo!

Last edited:
I was complete 9/17 and haven't heard anything. Someone mentioned a portal but I didn't think there was one for this school. Can someone clarify?

I was complete 9/17 and haven't heard anything. Someone mentioned a portal but I didn't think there was one for this school. Can someone clarify?

I was complete 8/19 and haven't heard anything either... would love a shot here.

anybody sent an update letter to the admissions email? if so, did they tell you that they've added the update to your file?

I got a complete e-mail today... after finishing my secondary mid-August. A little progress is better than no progress I guess!

anybody sent an update letter to the admissions email? if so, did they tell you that they've added the update to your file?
I sent an update email yesterday, and they emailed me back today to let me know they updated my file.

complete mid july...guess silent rejection

can any current students tell me how to apply for the research/volunteer scholarship? Is it offered with acceptance or do you apply separately? Do you have to already be fully committed to einstein before you would know if you will receive it or not?

Was anyone able to get a student host to stay with for the interview? I sent an email to Einstein admissions about this last week and no response at all. I wonder if I actually have to give a call about this...

Was anyone able to get a student host to stay with for the interview? I sent an email to Einstein admissions about this last week and no response at all. I wonder if I actually have to give a call about this...

It took around 2-3 weeks for me to get a response saying that they had found a host for me

complete mid july...guess silent rejection

I'm in the same boat as you, but don't give up hope yet! A lot of schools don't necessarily review in the order they receive applications, and some put students in "pools" based on certain criteria (re-applicant, URM, connection to the school, etc.) or they may review you and come back to you later! No one truly knows how these adcoms work, so stay positive :)

I plan on driving from Mass for my interview which has an arrival time at 8:30. I don't much experience with NY traffic in that area so, what time do you guys think I should start driving? Google maps says its 3 hrs but I'm not sure if I should account for more traffic at around 8am

I plan on driving from Mass for my interview which has an arrival time at 8:30. I don't much experience with NY traffic in that area so, what time do you guys think I should start driving? Google maps says its 3 hrs but I'm not sure if I should account for more traffic at around 8am

Be safe and give yourself 4.5 hours. Better you hangout for a bit.

Might be a good idea to drive down the night before and stay at a hotel somewhere in Westchester, so you won't have to get up at 4am the morning of your interview.

I really liked Einstein.. hoping for good news in the winter.. my interview was awesome felt like my best experience yet... I took public transport and it was much easier than I was expecting. My google maps wasn't even working yet I figured it out. Don't fall for the taxi it isn't worth the $80 haha I even stopped and walked through times square and stuff on my way. The thought of living in NYC just blows my mind I hope I have that option in the future!

Hello fellow hopefuls! Does anyone know Einstein's policy on updates?

Edit: Nvm! I was not as astute as I thought...just read someone's post about updates above. Thanks anyways!

Last edited:
Hey guys sorry about the unfortunate news :( I received my complete email 7/29 but have not heard anything yet. I am also expecting a rejection anytime now...

Received my rejection from MD/PhD today, complete a day later than you (7/30). If you still have not heard anything from them, you may still be in the running!

I really liked Einstein.. hoping for good news in the winter.. my interview was awesome felt like my best experience yet... I took public transport and it was much easier than I was expecting. My google maps wasn't even working yet I figured it out. Don't fall for the taxi it isn't worth the $80 haha I even stopped and walked through times square and stuff on my way. The thought of living in NYC just blows my mind I hope I have that option in the future!

I still cant believe I live here now. It's a love/hate relationship, but if I leave the city I'll miss a few specific days:
Today (halloween) its chaotic, its fun, its the most underrated day to visit. The west village halloween parade is a blast.
Football Sundays - I do love going to a random bar and hanging with fans of other teams and going to an <insert team here> bar on game day
Marathon Sunday - just fun.

Luckily we get all 3 this weekend!

can any current students tell me how to apply for the research/volunteer scholarship? Is it offered with acceptance or do you apply separately? Do you have to already be fully committed to einstein before you would know if you will receive it or not?

Do you mean the service and research scholarship? If you get accepted, there will be instructions with your acceptance Email about how to apply for it!

II !!!!!!!! Complete 8/19 Earliest dates are in late January.

II !!!!!!!! Complete 8/19 Earliest dates are in late January.
Congrats! Upsetting to hear they are already so late in the season but hoping to grab one of the final interview spots.

II today!!

MCAT = 29 (9 ps, 7 v, 13 bs)
GPA = 3.6
OOS

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my application. I don't think they see me as a fit since I completed in July and heard nothing from them since then.

Anyone else still not complete here? Submitted in Sept.